Cell Phone, Location and Mapping the Route

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On our way back from camping last weekend I noticed 4-5 overpasses spray painted on the 403 east from hwy 24 to hwy 52 (Brantford to Hamilton). Racking my brain to remember what they said.They were all painted in black. I was also surprised to see them. Like you said...tags get painted quite quickly around here.

'SAY10' is reportedly Mark Smich's tag. SAY10 = Satan

As I was pinning locations on that map it hit me: DM and MS live in the GTA, directly EAST of the direction they took TB. If none of this was planned out, why would they head in the direction of DM's farm, after leaving TB's place?

I also believe your route could be correct. We need a route, then we need a timeline. Then we could narrow the route/timeline down by comparing them against each other until we have a solid route and a matching timeline.

The only kink in the route you list is the truck was seen in "downtown Brantford" which lead me to believe they stayed on Colborn/Wilson until Brant st/ave, then went to Paris/BGI business then to farm or split and one to farm other to Waterloo hanger.

On our way back from camping last weekend I noticed 4-5 overpasses spray painted on the 403 east from hwy 24 to hwy 52 (Brantford to Hamilton). Racking my brain to remember what they said.They were all painted in black. I was also surprised to see them. Like you said...tags get painted quite quickly around here.

The tags on the 403 both westbound and eastbound between btfd & ham arent gang or profanity...they say things like smile, peace etc

The phone was found on Fen Ridge Court on the 9th May

Do we know that for sure? All I've read or heard from the official reports was that the phone was found in an industrial area west of Brantford.

It was reported by the media that the police later closed off the trail entrance on Fen Ridge Court, but that doesn't mean that's where the phone was located.

Also, in regards to the BGI building, it should be noted that this building was probably used by LE as a command post because it isn't that far away from the industrial area, and was probably empty. BGI Graphics, now called BGI Retail, moved to their new location in April...which just happens to be in the new industrial area west of Brantford. (The new area, further west than the Fen Ridge Court area)

http://www.brantfordexpositor.ca/2013/04/19/bgi-retail-opens-flagship-of-brant-403-business-park

I also believe your route could be correct. We need a route, then we need a timeline. Then we could narrow the route/timeline down by comparing them against each other until we have a solid route and a matching timeline.

The only kink in the route you list is the truck was seen in "downtown Brantford" which lead me to believe they stayed on Colborn/Wilson until Brant st/ave, then went to Paris/BGI business then to farm or split and one to farm other to Waterloo hanger.

When the reporter asked det. @ news briefing about TB truck in downtown btfd they said "no eye witness" so does this mean they have video of truck in Btfd??

Hope this works

attachment.php

Is the location of 'C' (where the phone was recovered) certain? I thought it was further south behind the Hampton Inn that's just south of the 403.

https://maps.google.ca/maps?q=hampt...F-8&ei=U3ShUcCsOMLbqwGO-4HIAw&ved=0CAsQ_AUoAg

There used to be a place called Jocko's at 1180 Wilson Street West that served pancakes but that place has been gone for close to 30 years.

https://maps.google.ca/maps?q=1180+...Hamilton,+Hamilton+Division,+Ontario+L0R&z=17

I also have a vague recollection of a Maple Leaf Pancake House on Brant Hwy 2/53 on the outskirts of Brantford.

The old Jacos lot has a Tim Hortons, a Wendy's, a gas station and another restaurant in the lot beside it. It is on Wilson St in Ancaster, a mere minute away from the intersection on hwy 52 and Wilson, which is where you will find the fairgrounds. I do recall that it was mentioned somewhere on WS that DM & MS asked to be dropped off at the Timmies after the test drive in order to meet up with the person who drove them to TB's place. I'll try to find the post.

"Earlier in the investigation, there were five police officers assigned to review 30 security video tapes that captured images of Bosma's truck on May 6, the night he was abducted."

http://news.ca.msn.com/ontario/hamilton/clairmont-no-id-yet-of-two-other-suspects-in-bosma-murder

In case people here are not familiar with Brantford...downtown Btfd is not near the location they found the cell phone...I find it odd they would drive through the downtown going to Waterloo/Roseville rd...out of the way to say the least.
IMO

Is the location of 'C' (where the phone was recovered) certain? I thought it was further south behind the Hampton Inn that's just south of the 403.

https://maps.google.ca/maps?q=hampt...F-8&ei=U3ShUcCsOMLbqwGO-4HIAw&ved=0CAsQ_AUoAg

I don't think so. As I've mentioned, your location "C" is the location of the old BGI Graphics building is Paris that was used as a command post.

In the news conference, it was said that the phone was located in an industrial area west of Brantford on late Thursday afternoon. The area was then searched that night.

"On Friday afternoon, a Brantford police officer closed a portion of Fen Ridge Court and searched the ground near the trail entrance at about 1:45 p.m."

If the phone was found on Fen Ridge, then I doubt they would wait until the next day to close off the area :)

I would not be surprised if the phone was actually located in the NEW industrial area west of Brantford, where as far as I know, the only occupied building is the NEW location of BGI Graphics (now known as BGI Retail)

Hope this works

attachment.php

Thanks for that visual OntarioMom. Any chance we could add DM's mom's to this map? Where TB's truck was found in the trailer?

I'm new here, and when I have the chance to get onto my computer, I will share some of my theories.

One theory, for now, is that the reason perhaps that police kept saying based on the "totality of the evidence" could be that when they found the TB's truck there may have been blood, fluids, and other evidence of struggle (in addition to the fact that the seats had been removed). In addition to the evidence found in the truck, the incinerator and possibly some charred remains confirmed that TB had been murdered. I feel like that could explain the statements from police about the "totality of the evidence". That's IMOO. More theories to come.

I'm amazed by the theories everyone has put forth, and I cannot get over the sleuthing people are doing!

RIP TB. The story of your life and death breaks my heart.

According to this news article & picture #6/8 the location of the phone was south of 403 ..looks like the southwest corner of #403 & Oak Park Rd.

Located there is Hampton Inn & Suites and a side road called Fen Ridge Ct. *as has been noted previously* Fen Ridge Ct. ends in a turnaround.

To the west are 2 branches of 'trails' called SC Johnson Trail & NW Trail.

On the south side of Fen Ridge Ct. is a huge lot with tractor trailers and from what I can see from the tagging on the maps it belongs to Proctor & Gamble.

News article & pictures here: *picture #6*

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2...e-found-truck-seen-in-brantford-monday-night/

Close up of area in question in regards to phone location
i6b408.jpg

Edit: Woops..old BGI building pin is in the wrong spot. The building is it actually up a bit and to the right, where Oak Park meets Paris Road

In case people here are not familiar with Brantford...downtown Btfd is not near the location they found the cell phone...I find it odd they would drive through the downtown going to Waterloo/Roseville rd...out of the way to say the least.
IMO

I found that kind of strange myself, like going backward to go forward. I guess it makes sense if they weren't actually headed to Roseville Rd. originally, or if they needed to head into town for something first?

No, the location C was based on MSM reports saying police had confirmed TB's phone was found there in that business park. Although, even if that's not the exact location, DM and MS were in fact headed west first, the opposite direction of where they both live but, west and then north is the route they'd have to take to the farm in Ayr.

Thanks for that visual OntarioMom. Any chance we could add DM's mom's to this map? Where TB's truck was found in the trailer?
attachment.php

A = Bosma residence
B = reports of truck seen
C = general location of where TB's phone was located
D = Millard's farm in Ayr
E = DM mother's house where TB's truck was located

Attachments

• BOSMACASE MAP2.jpg
    BOSMACASE MAP2.jpg
    362.2 KB · Views: 95
I found that kind of strange myself, like going backward to go forward. I guess it makes sense if they weren't actually headed to Roseville Rd. originally, or if they needed to head into town for something first?
I agree, I thought it was strange myself. Am wondering if the reported sighting is reliable.

attachment.php

A = Bosma residence
B = reports of truck seen
C = general location of where TB's phone was located
D = Millard's farm in Ayr
E = DM mother's house where TB's truck was located

Thanks Ontario Mom....the question I wonder is where was the truck prior to be dropped at DM mom's? Maybe the hanger, I can't see them leaving it at the farm I'm sure the neighbours would have probably seen it unless it was in the barn? :moo:

have we ever been told how the phone was found? was it found because of the searches that were conducted by LE as to where the truck was last seen in Brantford, tower pings etc? I dont recall someone turning in the phone or calling LE about the phone..I was under the presumption that it was found during all the searches LE did combing different areas? any links on references to how the phone was found?

Is it possible that someone witnessed something suspicious which included the cell phone possibly being tossed or dropped, and reported it to the police? That would explain the very early "homicide" investigation, LE locating the cell phone so tidily, and the sure knowledge of where the truck was at 10:20.

The cell phone find is just a tad weird if there wasn't a witness.

Thanks Ontario Mom....the question I wonder is where was the truck prior to be dropped at DM mom's? Maybe the hanger, I can't see them leaving it at the farm I'm sure the neighbours would have probably seen it unless it was in the barn? :moo:

For the sake of convenience and nothing else, the most logical place to take TB's truck would have been the hangar in Breslau, which is just above the D pin on the map, and slightly east.

Granted, we're talking "logic" here and clearly no one associated with the crimes against TB used any.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat