Cell Phones and LISK

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That seems a bit weird...... ring a Texas central base to order take out in New York....

but then again .... being on the other side of the world.in a different country...maybe that's the norm over there..

When you google the #, you'll see that it is listed for various states (TN, NC, MT, NY, etc). Central ordering that gets popped into a computer and the order gets assigned to the closest delivery/take-out location of the person placing the order. Not uncommon with fast food companies.

When you google the #, you'll see that it is listed for various states (TN, NC, MT, NY, etc). Central ordering that gets popped into a computer and the order gets assigned to the closest delivery/take-out location of the person placing the order. Not uncommon with fast food companies.

Ohh ok .... thanks...I didnt realise.

Have some back reading to do.... have been interested in a case here in Australia of a Missing woman..... so distracted.

But just thought Id ask a dumb blonde question..... why does Shannan's phone records show her calls to Pak have the destination "New York" before them.....yet the Destination for the CVS say destination "Babylon".................

I'm still caught up on a interview where I am positive Pak said he drove "back" to Oak Beach.....

I really think he left her there for the night....

attachment.php

Where can a larger version of this image be found? I cannot see it.

From this article dated 2009. I've highlighted some of the interesting parts. Curious what people think.
I jumped ahead, and didn't read the entire thread, so this may have been brought up before.

If so, I apologize.

http://www.itstactical.com/digicom/privacy/does-an-untraceable-cell-phone-exist/

Calling the activation number put me in touch with an operator working in a call center in India. After I read the IMEI number from the phone I’d purchased and let the operator know my name and address, a phone number and area code was created based on the address I provided.

and...
If the phone account is not refilled within 30 days after the service end date, the phone number will be lost and a new one will be generated when the phone is reactivated.

I'm curious if LE ever explored the possibility in MB's case, that someone reupped the phone later, and had a new number assigned. The phone would no longer be associated with her, but the IMEI can't be changed. Too risky, IMO, for someone to later be traced, but worth checking out, seems to me. My guess is the phone is at the bottom of the ocean by now.

oh ok. why is Shannan calling the survey satisfaction line for kfc/taco bell? is that what the number is? A bunch of weird stuff shows up on google for it...super strange

lol, that's my best educated guess... you get taco bell, then call the customer satisfaction survey phone number on the receipt and use your receipt ID. Most of these places offer a chance to "win $1,000" for taking the surveys. Even some CVS receipts have that junk on it!

However, I don't believe it was calling for takeaway food. None of the fast food places around here, ESPECIALLY in 2010, offered that service. I would bet she was just doing the surveys. I do them when they pop up on my receipts, because WHAT IF I WIN SOME MONEY??? =)

He probably offered them quite a bit of money.I just can't imagine any other reason for these intelligent,young,women to leave a cell in the room.That could have been their only out of a bad,situation.Sociopaths can be charming,and convincing.These women were conned by someone just like that.Remember,women went willingly with Ted Bundy b/c he seemed like such a nice,guy.By the time they realized they were in danger,it was too late.

He probably offered them quite a bit of money.I just can't imagine any other reason for these intelligent,young,women to leave a cell in the room.That could have been their only out of a bad,situation.Sociopaths can be charming,and convincing.These women were conned by someone just like that.Remember,women went willingly with Ted Bundy b/c he seemed like such a nice,guy.By the time they realized they were in danger,it was too late.

Yes, I absolutely think the reason these victims left their cellphones behind is because the killer offered them a great deal of money...

...which is why I included the cell phone ping information in one of my free crime mapping apps (SK Tracker).

Notably, a friend and retired homicide detective friend of mine also believe that at least two killers were involved. One, involving human trafficking, and the other an actual serial killer.

I wish we could help these women. I wish we could bring Loren awareness and safety tips for the women who are still in this line.

I wish we could help these women. I wish we could bring Loren awareness and safety tips for the women who are still in this line.

Me too, Lexus2016. Awareness goes a long way. That one give away little piece of info, you never know when it can turn up, or for what reason, however connections are hard to find in a vacuum of awareness.

Thoughts and prayers for the families, friends, for spirits and souls of the lost, and for those who care to see justice for all these women, man and child.

He convinced Megan and Amber to leave their phones behind because of the earlier situation with Shannan Gilbert. Specifically Shannan's 23 minute call to 911 from her cell phone.
I bet that call has a lot of information on it. No wonder SCPD won't release it.

He convinced Megan and Amber to leave their phones behind because of the earlier situation with Shannan Gilbert. Specifically Shannan's 23 minute call to 911 from her cell phone.
I bet that call has a lot of information on it. No wonder SCPD won't release it.

How can that be? Shannan was the last girl to go missing. The first two girls didn't leave their cell phones behind. Megan and Amber were the last two before Shannan. Maureen's phone pinged off a tower days after he went missing. I believe he decided he didn't like the phones after something that happened with Melissa Barthelemy. she pissed him off real good.

How can that be? Shannan was the last girl to go missing. The first two girls didn't leave their cell phones behind. Megan and Amber were the last two before Shannan. Maureen's phone pinged off a tower days after he went missing. I believe he decided he didn't like the phones after something that happened with Melissa Barthelemy. she pissed him off real good.

Megan and Amber went missing after Shannon. Megan in June of 2010 and Amber in September of the same year, Shannon was missing in May of 2010.

Could LISK ahead of time give them a phone, saying only contact me using this phone?

Could LISK ahead of time give them a phone, saying only contact me using this phone?

I had thought about that, too, like really cheap disposable burner phones that you can buy anywhere in stores and online. But, I gather the girls used and left behind their own cell phones. I may be wrong, but that is what I gathered from researching the case.

Does anyone know exactly which victims left their cell phones behind? I know Amber Lynn Costello did. In this 2011 CNN article it states:

Her sister's last client seemed to go to great lengths to remain anonymous. He did not want to meet at her house and for some reason he called her throughout the day.
"He called her at around 10 and said he was coming down the road and told her to walk down the street," Overstreet said. "She hung the phone up, gave it to the people she was with and walked out the door. She said, 'If my sister calls, tell her I love her.'

"She was never seen again."

Costello did not take her purse or phone to the appointment.

When Overstreet searched the phone to find the client's number, it was missing.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/07/30/long.island.killings/

This case really piqued my interest. I didn't know anything about it until a few days ago, and there is so much to it. The use of cell phones and internet is bugging me. It seems obvious that the use of the victims' cell phones, or cell phones in general would yield better results in narrowing down a search area. He used at least one computer and/or cell phone in order to make contact with these girls, and he used victims' cell phones in order to call their families/friends to taunt them. Cell phones and computers leave some sort of foot print no matter how savvy the user is. I've heard of at least one case where applications on cell phones act as a GPS in order to pinpoint a crime scene, and where "throw away" phones are tracked (through activation when it requires another number to activate, or through purchase where there are a number of ways to track as a result.) The cell phones alone offer so many avenues, and it's only added to by the fact that he kept at least one victims' cell for an extended period. In this day and age, very, very few people can use computerized electronics without an experienced hacker being able to figure out who they are, and I'm sure the FBI employs at least one hacker for these purposes.
Have these questions been brought up in great detail? I honestly believe that if this is apprehended at this point, it will be as a result of misuse of electronics, or blabbering to people about his crimes. Only one of those two things is in the hands of anyone but the perp himself.

Some posts have been moved to the thread linked below. Before you change gears, please search for and move to the appropriate thread. Mods don't have time to move posts around all day. Thanks.

Bessie
WS Administrator

Possible Victim: Shannan Gilbert

I had thought about that, too, like really cheap disposable burner phones that you can buy anywhere in stores and online. But, I gather the girls used and left behind their own cell phones. I may be wrong, but that is what I gathered from researching the case.

Does anyone know exactly which victims left their cell phones behind? I know Amber Lynn Costello did. In this 2011 CNN article it states:

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/07/30/long.island.killings/

And Maureen Brainard-Barnes:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...ial-killer-victims-bond-in-support-group.html

The article linked makes no mention of Maureen Brainard-Barnes leaving her cell phone behind. Only that her phone was pinged from Long Island. So she must have taken it with her. Her info in her Websleuths thread gives the same info.

Question now is... Has LISK kept the cell phones of all his confirmed victims as trophies? All phones except for Amber Lynn Costello's.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pacobasal
Back