Chad G., fiancé of Crystal S.

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose he had had more warning of Geraldo. This may have caught him unprepared.

He was questioned last month and they interviewed him also. At the end of the Video it's said he chooses to stay in Baker County to take care of the other children.
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=131221&catid=3

Thank you..I have wondered about him and it would make sense for him to go back to work. At this time they all should go back to work, I am not saying stop searching for Haleigh, but Ron and Crystal still have a responsibility to the other children. Putting everything aside that has been reported about the family I do feel bad for all of them, I can not imagine the heart ache of not knowing where one of my children were. We don't know the pain of losing a child under these circumstances unless it's happen to us. I pray every day that Haleigh is returned.

Has anyone seen or heard from Crystal mom husband? Im just curious I dont think I have heard or seen him.
Nope and I was wondering if he has a job or if he is free all day, where has he been, what has he been up to? Has it been confirmed he sticks around at his home or is he unaccounted for, or has he been involved in searches, etC?

I believe it was somebody elses home. These were taken on Crystals 23rd Birthday.

I think most 23 year olds occasionally smoke pot, or are somtimes around people who are smoking it. Not that big of a deall on it's own, IMO. What I find interesting is that she put the pics on her MySpace, which to me suggests it may be more of a lifestyle rather than a once in a while thing.

Alcohol messes you up way worse than Marijuana ever could. I am sure most of us have a drink from time to time.

Now if she is still using Cocaine, THAT is a whole 'nother can of worms, and I would be VERY concerned about that.

The pics were at a friend's house. I think the name of the friend was in the caption of the pics, IIRC

Gosh there is so much drama in this family!!

Maybe he is shy. He didn't ask to be interviewed. The reporter clearly stated that they were the ones who tracked him down, not the other way around. Some people just don't feel comfortable in front of the camera. I know I wouldn't be.

Seriously. If that was me everyone here would be sayin' 'She Did It!!'

I come across terribly on camera, I am really un-photogenic. I always get really self conscious when someone films me or takes my picture.

Just curious, what do people think Chad's motive may have been if he is responsible for HC's disappearance? I haven't put any thought into that angle. I am still hung up at Misty since she can't get her story straight.

I don't see much of a motive for Chad unless he helped Crystal to execute a familial abduction. But why would she hide only one child and where would she be now? Crystal might have thought an abduction would aid her win the custody, but does he really want to be landed with the care of two full time children who are not his own? If he didn't get along with Haleigh as a stepfather or abused her in some manner, I think she'd more likely have disappeared from their place to cover up "an accident". If he wanted revenge at somebody who loves the child, this would do it, but kidnapping is a rather big risk to take, wouldn't there have been any other way? Then there's the money that Crystal owes in child support and he might easily resent that fact if their income isn't that good but making Haleigh disappear wouldn't really solve that problem for him. She still owes money and Jr's child support still needs to be paid. I don't know if Haleigh's child support is on hold while she's missing or do those bills appear every month anyway?

None of that explains why Misty's stories don't add up. I suppose she might have told inconsistent stories to cover up that she wasn't there, but how would Chad have known that she wouldn't be? It doesn't appear likely that they would have planned it together. Did they even know each other?

I don't see much of a motive for Chad unless he helped Crystal to execute a familial abduction. But why would she hide only one child and where would she be now?

I guess the answer to the first question here is that the abduction could have been aborted by JR waking up and/or Misty stirring in her sleep. And the answer to the second question is with a relative or friend LE is not aware of. That seems unlikely to me. What would they do when Haleigh suddenly reappeared ? The only option I can working here is placing Haleigh in an underground endangered child network. I'm not saying that Haleigh was in a dangerous situation, just that those networks are a possibility. The problems with that theory are that Crystal would never see her again and I really don't believe anyone had the foresight to know that Haleigh really was in danger (she did disappear). I just don't think this could've been the motive.

Crystal might have thought an abduction would aid her win the custody, but does he really want to be landed with the care of two full time children who are not his own? IMO, staging an abduction to make the custodial parent look bad would be a sure fire way to lose custody. How could Chad and Crystal ensure that Haleigh would never say who took her and where she had been kept ? Even if Haleigh didn't know how to describe what had happened, clues would slip out. Again, not looking like the motive to me.

If he didn't get along with Haleigh as a stepfather or abused her in some manner, I think she'd more likely have disappeared from their place to cover up "an accident". I don't think so. While the disappearance would've been easier to effect, it but would've led LE right to his door.

If he wanted revenge at somebody who loves the child, this would do it, but kidnapping is a rather big risk to take, wouldn't there have been any other way? I would think so, but wouldn't all of those involve huge risks as well ? On the other hand, he'd still have the issue of Haleigh resurfacing. If he wasn't planning on Haleigh resurfacing, then the recipient of his vengefulness would be Crystal as well.

Then there's the money that Crystal owes in child support and he might easily resent that fact if their income isn't that good but making Haleigh disappear wouldn't really solve that problem for him. She still owes money and Jr's child support still needs to be paid. I don't know if Haleigh's child support is on hold while she's missing or do those bills appear every month anyway? I don't know, but I would hope they would continue to appear. After all, the custodial parent still has to maintain the child's home, make payments on credit cards, etc. But I agree with you. Eliminating a child in order to reduce a child support obligation, just is too out there for me. Has anyone ever been convicted of doing so ?

None of that explains why Misty's stories don't add up. I suppose she might have told inconsistent stories to cover up that she wasn't there, but how would Chad have known that she wouldn't be? It doesn't appear likely that they would have planned it together. Did they even know each other? I think it's possible that they could've met when the children were being handed off, but I don't know if they had more than that passing aquaintance. Jealousy on both their parts is a potential motive that they could share. Ron and Crystal have a bond in those beautiful children. But would jealousy be enough motive to cooly conspire to kidnap and perhaps murder one or more of their children in order to interfer with that bond ?

I like your analysis method, Donjeta. JI'd like to just to piggy back on it and play devil's advocate for a minute or two. Please see my comments in green.

What blew the margins on this thread?

What blew the margins on this thread?

I thought it was just my computer. But I have to keep scrolling over for everything. The margins are hella blown.

When I first looked at photo #1 of Chad/Crystal I was sure that was POLICE CRIME SCENE yellow tape on the door (bedroom?) & thought how freaky no matter when it was taken! :eek:

But the yellow tape really says "CAUTION" (thanks glasses lol) & now I just think it's kinda weird! But what & who isn't in this case including Chad/Crystal?

For a very long time I was convinced bio-mom (with Chad) was involved & it was all about $$$ especially since she owed so much in back CS but more then anything all the $$$ that could be made off 'Missing' H. just like KC & the A's did from the Caylee Anthony case when they SOLD rights for photos/videos..

It's a very risky plan for sure but it would be safe to assume H. wouldn't know who had her & could never identify them..At some point she'd be dropped off at a location where another (unknown to H) accomplice would call the Crime Line saying he found her..They'd get the REWARD $$$ (?) but even if that scenario doesn't apply there'd still be plenty of $$$ to go around..Done Deal!

I had to finally give up on my above theory when so many weeks went by with still no H..It went from risky to flat out :crazy: but then bio-mom suddenly is trying to get sole custody (with top-notch lawyer no less) so now I'm back to thinking Crystal/Chad could very well be involved & this has been the REAL plan all along.

I like your analysis method, Donjeta. JI'd like to just to piggy back on it and play devil's advocate for a minute or two. Please see my comments in green.

We seem to be much on the same page here, Shaymus. To continue with the what if's and the problems with entertaining the various theories of CG's involvement:

I guess the answer to the first question here is that the abduction could have been aborted by JR waking up and/or Misty stirring in her sleep.

It would make sense and might easily have happened, but if CS had been planning to run away to Brazil with both children and instead their plans had been rudely abrupted and she'd had to quickly find a hiding place for one child and stay here pretending to be a concerned mother, they'd likely been flustered enough to be caught earlier. If the intention was to take both children and stay put to fool the investigators all along, it wouldn't have been such an upheaval in plans to do away with just one, but why would they have wanted to do that? Just to get back at RC? People do strange and upsetting things but CS seemed to be moving on with her life, with a new baby and a new relationship, so this seems a somewhat unlikely time to be plotting revenge on her ex, and would CG really have agreed to be in it? I'd think for most people the motivation to take part in such a scheme would have to be personal and not just to go along with your partner's whims. ("Really, you want to abduct a child? Just to hide her or to kill her? Oh, ok, how about Tuesday? I've got a day off then.")

And the answer to the second question is with a relative or friend LE is not aware of. That seems unlikely to me. What would they do when Haleigh suddenly reappeared ?

Unless reappearance was never planned. The cadaver dogs hit on the dumpster after all…
They might have planned to leave, change their names and join the children once the investigation got cold. Highly suspicious, though. And there would hardly seem to be a point for Crystal to set up the Haleigh-bug center if she knew where the child was. I doubt it will bring her so much money in donations in the long run that it'll pay off financially and although it may make her look like a concerned parent it won't get her off the hook if there's any evidence against her.

The only option I can working here is placing Haleigh in an underground endangered child network. I'm not saying that Haleigh was in a dangerous situation, just that those networks are a possibility. The problems with that theory are that Crystal would never see her again and I really don't believe anyone had the foresight to know that Haleigh really was in danger (she did disappear). I just don't think this could've been the motive.

No, it seems far-fetched. If there was some real or imagined danger, a concerned mother would likely want to be with her endangered child to be able to protect her, not to pass her off to live with strangers indefinitely.

IMO, staging an abduction to make the custodial parent look bad would be a sure fire way to lose custody. How could Chad and Crystal ensure that Haleigh would never say who took her and where she had been kept ? Even if Haleigh didn't know how to describe what had happened, clues would slip out. Again, not looking like the motive to me.

No, it would not have seemed a rational course of action unless they were stoned out of their brains. And if they’d been stoned out of their brains they'd have been caught by now unless LE was even more braindead.

If he didn't get along with Haleigh as a stepfather or abused her in some manner, I think she'd more likely have disappeared from their place to cover up "an accident".​

I don't think so. While the disappearance would've been easier to effect, it but would've led LE right to his door.

What I meant was that it's sadly common that conflicts, abuse, fits of anger or criminal negligence end disastrously with the (step)child dying unintendedly and if it happened while Haleigh was visiting he/they'd have been forced to invent a quick plan to cover the incident out of necessity. But going to get her from Satsuma to abduct or to kill her requires a far different degree of cold pre-meditation and planning and is, IMO, less likely to happen just because the relationship between the stepparent and stepchild may be strained. Of course he might be, unbeknownst to us, a murderous psychopath, a SO who does terrible things to children just because he enjoys it or a crazy person hearing voices that Haleigh was out to get him. But then so might anybody else. I don’t think we currently have any more reason to suspect him of those things than any other random person. At least I don't have, I know so little of him.

If he wasn't planning on Haleigh resurfacing, then the recipient of his vengefulness would be Crystal as well.

When people are doing revenge the recipient is more often the spouse or the ex-spouse than the mother-in-law or some other relative, so it wouldn't be completely impossible if their relationship is abusive. However, there are easier ways to torture your partner and some of them aren’t even illegal. Furthermore, I might be wrong about this but it seems to me that often the partners who get revenged via hurting the children have made threats before and sometimes make no secret that it's their doing, and if there was reason for Crystal to suspect Chad, we might have seen some signs of that in her behaviour.

I think it's possible that they [Misty and Chad] could've met when the children were being handed off, but I don't know if they had more than that passing aquaintance. Jealousy on both their parts is a potential motive that they could share. Ron and Crystal have a bond in those beautiful children. But would jealousy be enough motive to cooly conspire to kidnap and perhaps murder one or more of their children in order to interfer with that bond ?

It hardly seems enough motive to me but then again pretty much nothing does… Maybe Haleigh wandered off on her own and drowned after all. I don’t suppose that Misty could easily have foreseen that she’d be married within a month once Haleigh had disappeared while she was supposed to be watching the children and the LE had said she’d been unable to clarify the timeline consistently. If I was Misty I would have been scared of the child’s father dumping me right away and all in all losing his child would have seemed rather a bad plan to endear myself to the father. And if Misty had been in it and CG didn't have to worry about her waking up, why was Jr. left? He's supposedly as much a bond between the parents as Haleigh.

So far none of the scenarios with CG involved seem to work very well for me but it's all really just hypothetical for me. He's been off the public eye so much that I haven't been able to get a clear picture of what he's like as a person. I might have to change my mind if we suddenly saw him acting weirdly a lot.

I think most 23 year olds occasionally smoke pot, or are somtimes around people who are smoking it. Not that big of a deall on it's own, IMO. What I find interesting is that she put the pics on her MySpace, which to me suggests it may be more of a lifestyle rather than a once in a while thing.
Alcohol messes you up way worse than Marijuana ever could. I am sure most of us have a drink from time to time.

Now if she is still using Cocaine, THAT is a whole 'nother can of worms, and I would be VERY concerned about that.

The pics were at a friend's house. I think the name of the friend was in the caption of the pics, IIRC

Gosh there is so much drama in this family!!

Most 23 year olds may occaisionally smoke pot, but I would hope that most 23 year olds who are PARENTS have put all that behind them and are living lives that benefit their children.

To publically document such behavior tells me that this is a person who hasn't got a CLUE what it means to be a parent OR a good citizen.

Oh, Yeah there is drama coming out of the seams!!

I don't think he does but that's not good enough..Does someone know for sure? TIA!

I don't think he does either...which is why it's so odd that he used "taking care of the other children" as an excuse for not going to Satsuma.

I can't believe how little sleuthing is being done on this guy!

And can anyone explain why this guy describes his mood as "ecstatic" on his myspace which he signed into as recently as the 11th of April? How could anyone with a missing child be feeling ecstatic unless they are happy the child is gone?

Do we know if the RSO Hilda G. who resides in Lake City Fla, is related to Chad?

I have found the Baker County Court Records re the withdrawal of the injunction keeping him away from his ex and children. How can we find out why the injunction was ordered? I think it's a real concern that a Court didn't let him see his children for almost 2 years and have to wonder why?
http://208.75.175.18/oncoreweb/showdetails.aspx?id=267382&rn=0&pi=0&ref=search

That looks more like a document releasing an OP regarding an incident between him and his former wife, and the children comment is because there were children involved. I doubt it had anything to do with visitations.

That looks more like a document releasing an OP regarding an incident between him and his former wife, and the children comment is because there were children involved. I doubt it had anything to do with visitations.

What it shows is that his ex-wife, in May 2006, obtained an Order for Injunction for Protection Against Domestic Violence With Minor Children.

Where I come from, not Florida, it would certainly impact on visitation, and would make it highly unlikely he would have had anything but supervised visitation with the children. Unfortunately the Judgment from 2006 can't be opened from the site, but I'd sure like to see her basis for getting it.

Odd that CS is making domestic violence allegations against RC, when in fact her current beau/step-brother had a domestic violence order against him for almost 2 years and no one is asking a question about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member