Charges of Interference, Harassment, and/or Trespassing filed with HCSO

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Garrett Ryan Starnes charge of obstruction of justice was dropped this week. Police charged Starnes because officers said the 25-year-old fabricated misleading information regarding Elvis’ disappearance, relayed the false information to police and posted it to a social media site, which diverted officers from legitimate leads.

An obstruction of justice charge against William Christopher Barrett, 52, remains pending. Barrett began posting misleading information on Facebook about Heather Elvis’ disappearance and “created a community reaction that diverted investigating officers.”

Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/2014/04/17/...gainst-one-man.html?sp=/99/132/#storylink=cpy

_

52e86c16de6e1.preview-300.jpg

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_0c1e322e-c656-11e3-b27f-0017a43b2370.html

Garrett Ryan Starnes charge of obstruction of justice was dropped this week. Police charged Starnes because officers said the 25-year-old fabricated misleading information regarding Elvis’ disappearance, relayed the false information to police and posted it to a social media site, which diverted officers from legitimate leads.

Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/2014/04/17/...gainst-one-man.html?sp=/99/132/#storylink=cpy

According to the Horry County Solicitor's Office, the matter was dismissed because a police officer was not present for the preliminary hearing. Officials cited scheduling issues.

http://www.wbtw.com/story/25307449/...n-case-related-to-heather-elvis-investigation

Whitney Plusnick, second cousin to Tammy Moorer, filed a police report Sunday evening saying someone shot at her vehicle in the Little River area.

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_1dbefdce-d48e-11e3-8103-0017a43b2370.html
I'm not familiar with the Myrtle Beach area. Does everyone know everyone and who they are related to on sight, or on vehicle sight? And care bout a second cousin (or a first cousin twice removed, or fourth generation once removed, related by marriage, etc) of someone who is accused of murder? Do they really think that being a relation of someone accused of something makes that relation worth going after? Seriously? (This is really out of my bailiwick) TIA.

I'm not familiar with the Myrtle Beach area. Does everyone know everyone and who they are related to on sight, or on vehicle sight? And care bout a second cousin (or a first cousin twice removed, or fourth generation once removed, related by marriage, etc) of someone who is accused of murder? Do they really think that being a relation of someone accused of something makes that relation worth going after? Seriously? (This is really out of my bailiwick) TIA.

Ghostwheel, Lol! Myrtle Beach is a strange area, it has a lot of transplants from the NE. But as far as locals, they have been here for generations. They have large extended families and yes they know each other quite well. My neighbors are woodpile cousins with half of the county. I would say that as far as this specific family is concerned, they IMO have all taken sides and the biggest fear they have is from each other. A family feud divided among people who have guns.

Ghostwheel, Lol! Myrtle Beach is a strange area, it has a lot of transplants from the NE. But as far as locals, they have been here for generations. They have large extended families and yes they know each other quite well. My neighbors are woodpile cousins with half of the county. I would say that as far as this specific family is concerned, they IMO have all taken sides and the biggest fear they have is from each other. A family feud divided among people who have guns.
Shades of the Hatfields and McCoys...when you live in a big city, no one knows anyone, including your own family half the time...I barely know the neighbors I've lived next to for 16 years.

Shades of the Hatfields and McCoys...when you live in a big city, no one knows anyone, including your own family half the time...I barely know the neighbors I've lived next to for 16 years.

Oh the luxury! I live across the street from 4 families-who are all related. My entire neighborhood is like this. I am the first new person non related-since the civil war. Only half joking with that, I am originally from MA. I have been in the south for 34 years, they still start sentences with "Where ya'll come from.." :floorlaugh: I will also say, they all go to church on Sunday, then have a large extended family lunch/dinner gathering. I would venture to say, if this is the case with the extended C family. There are probably some very heated debates over who believes what, who is being disloyal and who can no longer be trusted. If you look at the interview that was done by local news with one family member in disguise, you will see what I mean.

Okay, I have to ask. Just what the heck is a "woodpile cousin?" I've never heard that term and google is being rude, as far as telling me what it means.

Okay, I have to ask. Just what the heck is a "woodpile cousin?" I've never heard that term and google is being rude, as far as telling me what it means.

Oh sorry! That may just be an old family term for second cousins-twice removed, or related by marriage somewhere so back in the fractured family tree-it's a wood pile! Some times I open my mouth and my grandmother pops out-blowing smoke up my skirt! :blushing:

Oh sorry! That may just be an old family term for second cousins-twice removed, or related by marriage somewhere so back in the fractured family tree-it's a wood pile! Some times I open my mouth and my grandmother pops out-blowing smoke up my skirt! :blushing:
Aaah. Thank you.

Sometimes we Southerners say "Branch Kin" and " A ______ in the Wood Pile" You fill in the blank. Northerners will never figure it out. There is an "Inner Circle" in Horry County and Myrtle Beach. If you are not in, you are out. Been that way for ever. Two kinds of Visitors to Myrtle, Yankees and Damn Yankees. Yankees go back home after visiting the others stay.

Sometimes we Southerners say "Branch Kin" and " A ______ in the Wood Pile" You fill in the blank. Northerners will never figure it out. There is an "Inner Circle" in Horry County and Myrtle Beach. If you are not in, you are out. Been that way for ever. Two kinds of Visitors to Myrtle, Yankees and Damn Yankees. Yankees go back home after visiting the others stay.

Bolded area-enough said. As for "Inner Circle" I also have one-perhaps you have heard of the VFW?

BBM: That was the first thing I thought of, but that refers to kin that doesn't look like their family. At least it did when I was growing up. Interesting how meanings morph over the years.

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_cae5bb8e-e76f-11e3-9373-001a4bcf6878.html

The teenage son of the couple charged with murdering Heather Elvis says he and his younger siblings have lived in fear for months because of constant threats to their family.

They are afraid to leave their home and they don’t understand why someone would want to harm them.

“There have been men with rifles standing across the road looking up here,” said 15-year-old Christian Moorer. “It’s hard to just live our lives knowing somebody out there is threatening to kill you.”

How sad that it is not letting up even after their parents were arrested. I feel very bad for these kids. They will not be left alone, until people move on from this case, probably a week after the trial. It is really disturbing how the entire family (including children) are being treated. I will never understand what it is about this case that attracts this type of behavior. You have so many cases that are ignored with no interest and no outrage, including little kids, and then you have this one, where people have decided that the whole family needs to pay.

I love that My Horry News did an entire article on what the Moorers and Caisons are going through. I feel bad that they are entangled in the one case where some people decide that the family is just as guilty. This...never happens. Normally, the family is left alone and has sympathy. It would be great if MyHorryNews decided to be the publication that doesn't just accept the prosecution's story, asks questions, etc.

C. Moorer said the police have been called to their property dozens of times since December because people have come into their yard, thrown bricks at the house and even called on the phone threatening their entire family.

Yet public pressure didn't play a role in why the Moorers were arrested.

C. Moorer said on the February morning that police arrested his parents, the three children were taken by investigators to a small office at Coastal Carolina University.
With no other adults present, C. Moorer said the police interrogated him and his sister while their little brother remained in the car.

I hope they were aware of their rights, and knew exactly what they were.

I would recommend that the whole family be out of town and in hiding for the verdict, and the possible acquittal.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Venusflytrap100
Back