Charity Distances Itself From Anthonys; Shoe Donations

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi seagull. I have known people who lie so much that they really do forget what the truth is ~ and I guess that would be delusional (a fixed false belief that is resistant to reason or confrontation with actual fact). So you are probably right on both counts.

But I can't follow your thinking on restoring Caylee's shoes to their original innocence. The shoes were never guilty of anything! All of Caylee's (and Casey's) possessions have been looked at and discussed as potential evidence so I don't think the shoes would hold any greater significance to Cindy (or the public) than any of Caylee's other clothes or toys.

I do agree with you that Cindy was probably trying to improve her public image but she sure didn't think that out very well! She has done so many things that have angered the public that they will be exceedingly critical. She has put herself in the position (with all of her past acts) that as far as the public is concerned ~ she almost can't do anything right. IMO, she should have learned by now that the best thing she can do to help the trial move along, herself and her daughter is just to be quiet.

How different all of this would have been if she and George had been discovered quietly helping the Children of Love with their car wash ~ washing cars. Or even just sent in the flyer to her chosen news agency with a request that they give it some advertisement without mentioning her name. She needs to be quiet. I have found that the most generous of deeds are done with humble spirits and expect no acknowledgement. MOO.

Personally, I don't think they should ever have tried to get into any "causes" in the beginning. I was so sad they didn't have anyone advising them right from the start to just take private time as a family and not to get into public causes...way too early. (For this reason I am sad to see Brad Conway go because I thought he seemed to be good at advising them.) But I can understand her impulse to want to do something good in Caylee's memory and to restore a happy memory to Caylee's shoes instead of them representing only Caylee's absence. I can also understand that she may want to show the public that she's a normal, charitable person, because of what they went through with the public actually standing on their curb yelling at them what awful people they were etc, the negative depictions of them in the blogs and sometimes even the media, etc.

No, the shoes aren't guilty of anything! Of course not.

Maybe you're right, maybe she didn't follow any of the public speculation and discussion about Caylee's shoes. I hope she didn't. But I know the A's have seemed to be aware of some of the themes that have gone on on the blogs and so on. So I thought she might have heard some of it along the way.

But she said it knowing that the phone records would be checked.

Did she know, though? I think at first she thought everyone was going to buy the Zanny story and not check her every statement so thoroughly. No one had ever not believed her BS before (at least not out loud & in her face - I'm convinced ICA's parents, Lee & some of her friends knew what a liar she was & had known for years)...

The 'Hi, Mommy!' part of her statement was what first tipped me off that the phone call from Caylee was a lie - what child would be so cheerful after being "forcefully" separated from her mama for 31 days? IMO, Caylee would've been frantic & crying for ICA to come get her & take her home, not calmly chatting about shoes & her book...

I agree with you that the A's got involved in their "charity" work too soon.

PS - I have a great cat named KoKo :D

Hi seagull. I have known people who lie so much that they really do forget what the truth is ~ and I guess that would be delusional (a fixed false belief that is resistant to reason or confrontation with actual fact). So you are probably right on both counts.

But I can't follow your thinking on restoring Caylee's shoes to their original innocence. The shoes were never guilty of anything! All of Caylee's (and Casey's) possessions have been looked at and discussed as potential evidence so I don't think the shoes would hold any greater significance to Cindy (or the public) than any of Caylee's other clothes or toys.

I do agree with you that Cindy was probably trying to improve her public image but she sure didn't think that out very well! She has done so many things that have angered the public that they will be exceedingly critical. She has put herself in the position (with all of her past acts) that as far as the public is concerned ~ she almost can't do anything right. IMO, she should have learned by now that the best thing she can do to help the trial move along, herself and her daughter is just to be quiet.

How different all of this would have been if she and George had been discovered quietly helping the Children of Love with their car wash ~ washing cars. Or even just sent in the flyer to her chosen news agency with a request that they give it some advertisement without mentioning her name. She needs to be quiet. I have found that the most generous of deeds are done with humble spirits and expect no acknowledgement. MOO.

BBM - Amen to that! Maybe (???) these new attorneys can do a better job of keeping CA quiet(er).

IIRC ICA has a rather small foot as well. If these shoes are for children maybe she should donate ICA's shoes as well...Oh wait..nevermind...stripperboots probably wouldn't be a good thing for the kids in Honduras.

Darn it... ya know I have to go through my donation bag and pull those clear heels out now.

:innocent:

(I hope everyone knows I'm totally joking!)

Why on earth would she send an e-mail to the media about donating shoes?
Mel

I smell a rat, a big Anthony rat. She's testing the waters for something.

I think she has very good understanding on how she is perceived. She can't fake the What?!!? They dont like me?? routine. This situation she created and its aftermath show just how much people are hanging onto her every word. It’s not something that just happened, it was a orchestrated event.
MOO

not sticking up for the anthonys here.. but it wasn't cindy's fault that people decided to be douchebags and call the charity with hateful messages.. she was just trying to use her (in)famous status to get some media attention for their shoe drive... she thought she was doing something goood and it backfired.
the media is known to twist things.. and i wouldn't be surprised that they twisted this to make it sound like the anthonys are involved.

not sticking up for the anthonys here.. but it wasn't cindy's fault that people decided to be douchebags and call the charity with hateful messages.. she was just trying to use her (in)famous status to get some media attention for their shoe drive... she thought she was doing something goood and it backfired.
the media is known to twist things.. and i wouldn't be surprised that they twisted this to make it sound like the anthonys are involved.

I wish I could see it the way you do but I have never seen Cindy Anthony do anything for anybody unless it rewards her in some sick way. Donating = Good. Alerting the Media of Donation = Twisted.

No! I will never believe it! Cindy? Buy a new pair of shoes for some Honduras orphan she will not ever be able to make any money off of? Never! Now she might go to the Salvation Army thrift store and buy the cheapest pair they got- after all they will be good enough too get her the publicity - especially since she can say that the well worn shoes were Caylee's favorites

LOL Ok then..Goodwill is just down the rd. JMO I still think she won't give Caylee's away.

It's really a shame this charity has had to take this stance. Oh, Cindy, people might respect you more if just once you did something from the kindness of your heart and because it's the right thing. You really have trouble with that it seems.

bbm~

and see, that's what pizzes me off..what an uncomfortable position to put this/or any other charity in. I mean really, does she EVER stop and think about what she says or does? ..and the effect it may have on someone else? Nooo...she and ICA are cut from the same cloth alright, no doubt in my mind.
Why can she not quietly donate Caylee's things, if they choose to do so and sleep well knowing that Caylee would be proud of them? That's just not enough for them I suppose, but honestly to me it's just the epitome of class-less, crassness, thoughtlessness and a big dose of self-importance to boot imo. :sick: Last but certainly not least it's a slap in the face of Caylee...

Just like when she and George imposed themselves on the families of several missing persons in the last 18 months or so. NO ONE wants anything to do with them..period! ..afaik, No one has ever accepted their offers of help and in my opinion, understandably so. Does that not tell her anything..not even give both the A's pause for thought? I'm just befuzzled, nothing and I mean absolutely nothing Cindy Anthony does surprises me anymore, but just when I think my opinion of her can't get any lower, it does..

I was just wondering if perhaps she and GA court the controversial to keep their numbers up. They seem IMO to embrace the very things that make us go nuts! I think this keeps them on these morning shows and that seems to be where the money is, at least their money.

Guess Cindy will be changing pharmacies.. haha. Patalano made it perfectly clear that they are not associated with the Anthony family..that rejection must have gotten Cindy's panties in bunches ...she probably thought her little cameo appearance was going to be the highlight of the 'event'..

Even Cindy's choice of word 'event' speaks volumes. It's a freaking shoe drive. You pull up in your car, you schlunk over to the bin and you drop the shoes in. Done. But to pseudo-celeb Cindy, it's an 'event'.
. :banghead:

bbm~

It's so not a laughing matter pip, but I do have to thank you, because you have no idea how much I needed that laugh! ..not to mention it's SO TRUE!

She wants to prove everyone is out to get her and her daughter no matter what they do, everyone is out to get them. She is playing a dangerous game in my opinion. I do believe that JB will bring this up at one point or another to prove the tainted jury. I dont think her (ICA's) legal team orchestrated it I just think they will use it. IMO

She wants to prove everyone is out to get her and her daughter no matter what they do, everyone is out to get them. She is playing a dangerous game in my opinion. I do believe that JB will bring this up at one point or another to prove the tainted jury. I dont think her (ICA's) legal team orchestrated it I just think they will use it. IMO

I agree. She has to see this as a win/win.

So whatcha think is going through Conway's head right about now? :waitasec:

Perhaps, "Think I will go out fishing today....:"woohoo:

No Kidding! Talk about RELIEF! I bet he feels like he has the weight of the world lifted off of his shoulders..and in a sense, he has!

She admitted she was involved when she made her self serving second statement to the press. The press did as she asked. They put the story out there about the donation. She is the one that started the pebble rolling down the hill and it turned into an avalanche. :furious::furious:

But she said it knowing that the phone records would be checked.
She said it even though if she'd been sane she would realize her description was actually a description of the video from father's day.

I agree that she sounded animated and strange when telling about the phone call. The "Hi Mommy!" part for example. And her tangential way of rambling on into how Caylee never cries when she talks to her whether it's been almost a day, or a whole day, or more than that....then later coming back to the fact that before this Caylee had never been apart from her for more than a day, etc. To me she seemed to have inappropriate affect and to be illogical throughout the interviews and conversations IMO. A lot of nonsensical things seemed to make sense to her, as pointed out by one of the detectives, right before he asked her if she'd ever spent time at the mental hospital before....

bbm~

It seems to me though seagull that if she was thinking about her phone records being checked that early on it would have been because she had something to hide.

Either way, nothing she said or did that night/morning was true was it? When ICA spoke up with "the call came from a private#" that was ICA thinking she was covering her tracks imo...silly girl..and of course then she added that she had tried to call the # back and it was disconnected. How in the world did she call back a private #? She was just getting all tangled up in her lies...imho.

not to mention that when you hold your child or grandchild's shoes it's such a strong reminder of them, especially a young child whose shoes you used to always put on for them. It would be very hard to give away.

I agree very much with everyone here who said it's a good and healthy idea to give away Caylee's belongings, though. I just don't think I would be able to do it if it were me. I would be so afraid of giving away evidence.

I'm kind of surprised Cindy can even give Caylee's things away (I would think maybe there would have been direction from the police not to do that.....but I guess if the police never wanted any more of the items... Still, though.)

It IS very hard to give away (or dispose of in what ever way one chooses) your deceased childs things seagull, you are absolutely right! ..and everyone has to do those things in their own time. It took me a long time to do that and of course I still have certain outfits, toys..his favorite things. They're packed up for the most part and every once in a while I take them down and look through them and remember when..but in the end I did donate most. Although we have always been a family of hand-me-downers, lol..I didn't know how comfortable family/friends or even myself would be handing these things down so I didn't, just took them somewhere that I knew they were needed..

Caylee appeared to have any toy she wanted and a closet full of beautiful clothes. It would be a shame for those things to go to waste, so hopefully when the time is right and Cindy is ready, she will quietly find somewhere these things are most needed and allow another child to enjoy them.

She didn't genuinely want to do anything to help the charity, or she would have given more than ONE pair of shoes, worth about 1/1250th of what they've put in casey's bean and cheese snack account. It was supposed to be a symbolic gesture. One pair of shoes. Wow.

Don't spend all of your "Caylee capital" in one place, Cindy...make it last, you only have so many genuine Caylee articles of clothes and toys to last you the rest of your life. There's always ebay ya know!!

From the OP:

"I will be attending this event on Saturday, donating some of Caylee's shoes. I think that this project is worth mentioning," Cindy Anthony wrote.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/24764997/detail.html

BBM~
Multiple, not singular.

And no matter how much people may despise CA, this whole debacle has gotten extra press for the charity....which is a great thing.

Even though CA may have contacted the media for her own selfish reasons, it's allowed more folks to be aware of the needs of those kids in Honduras and central florida.

The people who made harrassing phone calls to a charity should be highly ashamed of themselves. Putting their own emotions ahead of the needs of those kids....despicable!

JMO

From the OP:

"I will be attending this event on Saturday, donating some of Caylee's shoes. I think that this project is worth mentioning," Cindy Anthony wrote.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/24764997/detail.html

BBM~
Multiple, not singular.

And no matter how much people may despise CA, this whole debacle has gotten extra press for the charity....which is a great thing.

Even though CA may have contacted the media for her own selfish reasons, it's allowed more folks to be aware of the needs of those kids in Honduras and central florida.

The people who made harrassing phone calls to a charity should be highly ashamed of themselves. Putting their own emotions ahead of the needs of those kids....despicable!

JMO

I bought "some" shoes this week. They're a great pair of running shoes. One pair.

The articles say both "some" and "a pair." They are not contradictory terms.

I was just wondering if perhaps she and GA court the controversial to keep their numbers up. They seem IMO to embrace the very things that make us go nuts! I think this keeps them on these morning shows and that seems to be where the money is, at least their money.

CA may have thought it would be a good way to jumpstart her own "foundation". You know, make a big deal out of a small donation by giving a pair of shoes, and then add something to the foundation web page such as "Recently, our foundation has been busy raising donations to help less fortunate children in conjunction with the Children of Love organization. With our help, many underprivileged children were clothed and shoed. In order to continue these humanitarian efforts, we need your donations." Or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Her Orangeness