Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the OP:

"I will be attending this event on Saturday, donating some of Caylee's shoes. I think that this project is worth mentioning," Cindy Anthony wrote.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/24764997/detail.html

BBM~
Multiple, not singular.

And no matter how much people may despise CA, this whole debacle has gotten extra press for the charity....which is a great thing.

Even though CA may have contacted the media for her own selfish reasons, it's allowed more folks to be aware of the needs of those kids in Honduras and central florida.

The people who made harrassing phone calls to a charity should be highly ashamed of themselves. Putting their own emotions ahead of the needs of those kids....despicable!

JMO
BBM. I've been very aware of the needs of Honduran children for years. A nurse friend of mine does a shoe drive every year and then goes down there with Doctors Without Borders. She has quite the list of donating entities...big stores, small stores, schools, individuals. She has never had to resort to negative publicity to get the word out there to people.

My guess is the same is true with this charity. People already knew about it, and their numbers would have grown steadily simply on the merit of the cause. Now they've unwittingly received a black mark, and who knows how long it will take them to recover. There might be an initial on-rush of donations, but in years to come the memory will fade to "that's the charity associated with the As, isn't it?" Nope, I do not see this publicity as good at all.

You guys know how giving Cindy and George are. Remember the search and rescue boat they obtained, to look for missing children ? The media somehow got a hold of that story, only because Cindy and George were involved. And what about George's trip to Satsuma, right after Haleigh went missing...I believe the media found out about that too. How about all of the many stuffed animals and gifts people left at the memorial, where Caylee's body was found ? They donated ALL of them to charity. You know how painful that must have been for them to part with. What about all of Caylee's pictures and videos they have "given away" to media outlets ? They broke the mold when they made these people.

But she said it knowing that the phone records would be checked.
She said it even though if she'd been sane she would realize her description was actually a description of the video from father's day.

I agree that she sounded animated and strange when telling about the phone call. The "Hi Mommy!" part for example. And her tangential way of rambling on into how Caylee never cries when she talks to her whether it's been almost a day, or a whole day, or more than that....then later coming back to the fact that before this Caylee had never been apart from her for more than a day, etc. To me she seemed to have inappropriate affect and to be illogical throughout the interviews and conversations IMO. A lot of nonsensical things seemed to make sense to her, as pointed out by one of the detectives, right before he asked her if she'd ever spent time at the mental hospital before....

I strongly doubt that Casey knew the phone records would be checked. She was used to her parents buying her lies 100% without ever checking anything. I think at that early juncture, Casey never expected that the details of her lies would be checked into and her lies exposed. She had been lying for years and no one ever confronted her on her lies, so why would she expect anything different this time.

I smell a rat, a big Anthony rat. She's testing the waters for something.

I think she has very good understanding on how she is perceived. She can't fake the What?!!? They dont like me?? routine. This situation she created and its aftermath show just how much people are hanging onto her every word. It’s not something that just happened, it was a orchestrated event.
MOO

Thanks for bringing this to the forefront. No question that she knows exactly what she's doing and that she has a goal. She knows she is hated but no matter, her vision will prevail. She loves the attention. Look at what her importance has wrought! She revels in it all. Just like the narcissist she is. She is so beyond love or hate. Really creepy and nasty and amoral.

Would anybody be talking about this had Cindy NOT sent an email to the press? Maybe she just wanted to help a charity out by putting their name in the press? IMO this is much ado about nothing. In my eyes she was doing a GOOD DEED and just because her granddaughter died doesn't mean she can't donate her things, that act does not make her a bad person, my sisters child died at 7months and she donated all his clothes and bedding and I don't think that made her a bad person, she wanted to help the children that were still here

THIS IS JMOO please don't hate me

PS I don't think Cindy had anything to do with Casey killing Caylee and don't see any point in making her a villain when the killer is in jail JMOO

:Welcome-12-june::newbie:
No one is going to hate you here. This is a discussion board. Talk your little heart out, and opine. We don't only want to preach to the choir, we want to hear all points of view, just like the jury will discuss based on their life experiences and differing views. It is the American freedom that our sons and daughters are in the Armed Forces fighting for all over the world. Welcome to Websleuths.

God bless our troops and may God bless the United States of America!

ORLANDO, Fla. -- A Central Florida charitable group said it fears its organization will be hurt because of a donation made by Casey Anthony's mother.
On Tuesday, Cindy Anthony sent an e-mail to Local 6, announcing that she would be donating some of her granddaughter's belongings to the Children of Love Foundation.
"I will be attending this event on Saturday, donating some of Caylee's shoes. I think that this project is worth mentioning," Cindy Anthony wrote.
The organization's founder, Doris Patalano, said she was unaware of Anthony's donation until she began receiving harassing phone calls from protesters Wednesday morning.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/24764997/detail.html

I think it's fairly obvious from the news report that it was Cindy who called the media's attention to the charity's collection. But Cindy didn't just quietly let the media know of the event, she took it upon herself to insert herself into event. I'm sure she wanted the media to be on hand to see her donating Caylee's shoes. It was all just one more way Cindy could call attention to herself.

I think it all goes to a conscious effort to clean up her image. But, I don't think Cindy realizes that the public has had two years of her outrageous behavior and isn't going to change their minds anytime soon about her character.

I think it's fairly obvious from the news report that it was Cindy who called the media's attention to the charity's collection. But Cindy didn't just quietly let the media know of the event, she took it upon herself to insert herself into event. I'm sure she wanted the media to be on hand to see her donating Caylee's shoes. It was all just one more way Cindy could call attention to herself.

I think it all goes to a conscious effort to clean up her image
. But, I don't think Cindy realizes that the public has had two years of her outrageous behavior and isn't going to change their minds anytime soon about her character.

BBM, I agree. Nothing will be able to wash her clean....the whole family. If they try now it will be to no avail...... it would be a waste of their time and efforts. They will again have to let that image go when Casey finally goes into the courtroom for the battle of her life, literally. Their continued support of her when this happens will only bring incredible scrutiny upon them. I predict, it will be beyond anything they are experiencing right now.....and this whole "shoe" thing is a POSTIVE thing. Yikes!!! She will go on that stand and try to refute that "dead body" call and finally bury any redeeming quality she has left. I don't think they or their images will ever rise above this, sorry.

I keep seeing that picture LE took with all those shoes of Caylee's and have to ask myself why is Cindy only givin up 1 pair of shoes?

This reminds me of Casey's many items purchased at Target, and not one item in the cart on any of the days was clothes or shoes or pull ups or juice boxes. There was beer for the boys , but nothing for baby Caylee.

This is so sad that this happened to this organization and what this woman has gone through.

Although it was Cindy that contacted the media, however, the media should have taken a moment to think about the "enourmous" effect of printing the story could have on the organization.

This is not the first time that the general public has protested against the Anthony's appearance at events or on TV and it won't be the last time either. It's clear no one can control what the Anthony's do, however, the media has control over what they report! JMO. :crazy:

This is so sad that this happened to this organization and what this woman has gone through.

Although it was Cindy that contacted the media, however, the media should have taken a moment to think about the "enourmous" effect of printing the story could have on the organization.

This is not the first time that the general public has protested against the Anthony's appearance at events or on TV and it won't be the last time either. It's clear no one can control what the Anthony's do, however, the media has control over what they report! JMO. :crazy:

This is so true. The media could have thanked Cindy for her interest and just posted a notice that they were collecting shoes for this charity at the pharmacy and all donations would be gratefully accepted a few times on the local station. Not even mentioned Cindy. Now if Cindy showed up and tried to make a press moment out of it, yes they could go on from there. jmo

ETA: Maybe these local stations should check with WS prior to releasing some of this information. There are some good solutions to this problem on here. lol

The charity’s founder, Doris Patalano, ”was in tears over this today,” WFTV’s Kathi Belich reported. “She wouldn’t talk to us on camera.”

Callers are threatening to protest the charity’s shoe drive this weekend, Belich reported. But the charity has a partner in St. Luke’s Lutheran Church in Oviedo and has a long record of helping children in Central and South America.

Patalano ”said Cindy offered to help with the shoe drive Saturday but never mentioned donating Caylee’s shoes,” Belich added.

Cindy announced her decision to donate the shoes in an e-mail to WKMG-Ch. 6.

Any bad publicity for a charity can be devastating news in hard times, and Belich illustrated that point by talking to the House of Hope, which can’t make its next payroll.

Cindy Anthony’s new lawyers told Belich they were preparing a news release about the issue.
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...shaken-charity-organizer-getting-threats.html

I feel terrible for DP and her charity. Too bad she did mention this to CA, who should have just kept in anonymous. I believe they know they are the most hated grandparents for not being a voice for Caylee. Now we will have this news release which will only be to build up the Anthonys for their hearts were in the right place :innocent:...Now we will see how this new attorney handles the Anthony family...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Even worse is wearing the jewellry from cremains and claiming the deceased is still alive while you do.

Is this something new? wearing cremains? It just gives me the creeps:(

Before this, I had never heard of anyone doing this. Like Mr Walsh, etc and the other parents who have lost children....I have never heard of them doing this.

So, after all this, will Cindy (and perhaps George) show up tommorrow? :waitasec:

Since the Anthony's are feeling so charitable, perhaps they should send a few bucks to TES-I hear they do great work and are always accepting donations.

But she said it knowing that the phone records would be checked.

Did she know, though? I think at first she thought everyone was going to buy the Zanny story and not check her every statement so thoroughly. No one had ever not believed her BS before (at least not out loud & in her face - I'm convinced ICA's parents, Lee & some of her friends knew what a liar she was & had known for years)...

The 'Hi, Mommy!' part of her statement was what first tipped me off that the phone call from Caylee was a lie - what child would be so cheerful after being "forcefully" separated from her mama for 31 days? IMO, Caylee would've been frantic & crying for ICA to come get her & take her home, not calmly chatting about shoes & her book...

I agree with you that the A's got involved in their "charity" work too soon.

PS - I have a great cat named KoKo :D

And KC lied about other things she knew were easy for the police to check such as the elder home across the street from RM's apartment. KC just continues to lie about everything. It's a game to her. She actually enjoys it. She is sick, just not insane, and unable to function in society without causing damage to others.

It's okay to do the charity work but not okay to advertise it as an event that you feel your participation in warrants some special attention. When your daughter's attorney is complaining about media attention because of what she purchases while in jail you don't call the media and tell them where you plan to shop on Saturday, or what charity you are planning on helping. Just do it. jmo

I agree, Pattymarie. I was shocked too when I heard it was shoes.

(Personally, I'm still not sure whether Casey's story about the phone call from Caylee was a lie or a delusion, because Casey sounded so addled when describing it. She actually said "yes, she was talking to me about her shoes and her book that she was reading, and we have a video of her talking about her book." (???) It was like she couldn't distinguish between having seen it in the video or hearing it in a phone call. Basically, it really sounded like in her mind the video had morphed into being a phone call from Caylee. She also appeared to be oblivious to how strange what she was saying would appear to others. Lie or delusion, it was chilling either way.)

Well, I wonder, maybe this is Cindy's way in her own heart as well as in the eyes of the public to try to restore Caylee's shoes to their original innocence. It must have been so horrifying/painful all this time hearing her little shoes discussed, etc, you know, in terms of potential evidence etc, by the public. Maybe also to try to restore her public image in a way, which I can't really fault her for. They have been through so much.

If it were me, (of course who am I to judge the A's, I haven't been in their position), but I don't think I would be able to bring myself to give any of her things away, just in case any item could turn out to be useful as evidence in any way. I literally would probably go crazy preserving every little shoe and item as they had been just in case any of them had a fingerprint or something on them.

Respectfully Quoted seagull :)
BBM

I'm responding to the part I put in bold. I don't want to be o/t, sorry. I know this thread is about Cindy "donating" Caylee's shoes but seagull you bring up Casey mentioning the "shoes" and the "book" during the call Casey says she received from Caylee on the 15th and that is just what I have been thinking about.

I got the same idea that Casey was thinking of the video of Caylee(I think from Mt. Dora)when she was describing the "call" she got from Caylee. I don't think she got confused, I think she needed a different story than how she had actually left Caylee(in the woods) and remembered uploading the video of Caylee at Mt. Dora. IIRC, Casey uploaded that video while at home on the 15th, after Cindy and Caylee came back from the visit to great grandpa. Casey was being asked about the phone call and what Caylee had said, how she had acted/seemed emotionally, and imo since Casey was lying(had to lie because she had last seen Caylee when she was killing her and disposing of her body), she used the video(that she knew she had uploaded but LE did not know about it yet, in fact everyone was still going with the date(s)Cindy and Casey had given for last seeing Caylee: June 8th/9th)as a story to give as an answer. To me, it is obvious Casey is lying because she is describing exactly the video from Mt. Dora, when she is supposed to be describing the phone call she had with Caylee.

From my understanding "there are no coincidences" when it comes to an investigation such as this, if I have that right? So we have the question about Caylee wearing or not wearing shoes when Casey left with Caylee on the 15th. (Because Caylee was/was not wearing shoes when her remains were found? Sorry, part of the information I am confused about). We have Casey saying Caylee was talking about her shoes during the phone call where she claims to have spoken to Caylee. And now we have Cindy donating Caylee's shoes.

Knowing it was the lady at Walgreen's that gave Cindy a flyer for a shoe drive, seems to say that Cindy didn't seek out or create giving away the shoes and I don't see how they could really be evidence(although, who knows?)but it's just "funny" that Caylee's shoes would come up again.

...js...

I feel terrible for DP and her charity. Too bad she did mention this to CA, who should have just kept in anonymous. I believe they know they are the most hated grandparents for not being a voice for Caylee. Now we will have this news release which will only be to build up the Anthonys for their hearts were in the right place :innocent:...Now we will see how this new attorney handles the Anthony family...JMHO
Justice for Caylee

IMO, if the new lawyers, either one of them, cannot convince their client Cindy, to graciously withdraw her "offer" to "help" at the shoe drive, then they are worthless puppets, and will continue to be despised for their enabling of the doberman.

To Cindy, it is now a contest of wills, and she WILL prevail, and she WILL have her way, she WILL go to the shoe drive and "help", because it will help HER to "heal" (how can she heal from Caylee's murder when she won't even admit that Caylee is dead?).

Remember when George went down to Satsuma to "help" the Cummings with the Haleigh search, and he was asked to leave, and Cindy's reaction was not to graciously bow out, she stomped down there the next day with George, to prove that she WILL do what she wants to do. Then she published a media statement chastising the Cummings family for not accepting her "help".

For Cindy, it is not about the charity (never was) ... now it is about Cindy WINNING!

IMO, if the new lawyers, either one of them, cannot convince their client Cindy, to graciously withdraw her "offer" to "help" at the shoe drive, then they are worthless puppets, and will continue to be despised for their enabling of the doberman.

To Cindy, it is now a contest of wills, and she WILL prevail, and she WILL have her way, she WILL go to the shoe drive and "help", because it will help HER to "heal" (how can she heal from Caylee's murder when she won't even admit that Caylee is dead?).

Remember when George went down to Satsuma to "help" the Cummings with the Haleigh search, and he was asked to leave, and Cindy's reaction was not to graciously bow out, she stomped down there the next day with George, to prove that she WILL do what she wants to do. Then she published a media statement chastising the Cummings family for not accepting her "help".

For Cindy, it is not about the charity (never was) ... now it is about Cindy WINNING!

Yesterday the new attorneys said they were preparing a news release about Cindy and the charity, where is it?
LOL, maybe they already quit!
Well, I can dream right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members