Chase Merritt SENTENCED TO DEATH for murder of McStay Family POST TRIAL THOUGHTS

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm still checking in and still no mugshot. What's up with that? I wonder if Chase recovered from his COVID-19 nicely. I wonder how popular he is in prison. I wish peace and comfort and acceptance of this resolution for all the family and friends of the McStays.

I've signed up to the red wine thread

Looks like there will be some decent coverage

There is a new law in California that will expunge certain felons of their conviction. I need someone to help me write a FOIA request for information, before it is gone forever, for the Joseph McStay family murders. I can't pay, so this would have to be a work driven by the desire to get to the real truth.

What's your theory on that?
Often times when more than one person commits murder they’re tried separately. There was a massive amount of evidence against Merritt and I surmise there wasn’t enough to charge other persons involved. With that being said I think it’s possible that evidence is still being collected to charge. Or maybe there will never be enough evidence.

Did Merritt even have other friends to help him do this though?

we saw nothing in his call records where he was on the phone to accomplices.

Well he did go on a 2+ hour trip February 5 where his phone was out of service for much of the time. Merritt did have a handful of shady people that worked for him over the years. On more than one occasion I’ve run into mentions - from people that personally knew him - of him having some connections with the Mexican mafia. Then with the trooper being found at the border, take of that what you will.

But he had one friend, who seemingly would do anything to preserve the sanctity of their union, however convoluted that was.

Well he did go on a 2+ hour trip February 5 where his phone was out of service for much of the time. Merritt did have a handful of shady people that worked for him over the years. On more than one occasion I’ve run into mentions - from people that personally knew him - of him having some connections with the Mexican mafia. Then with the trooper being found at the border, take of that what you will.

But he had one friend, who seemingly would do anything to preserve the sanctity of their union, however convoluted that was.

I guess as long as Chase won’t speak up we will never know what fully happened. I hope one day he can admit to what he has done and explain why because I can understand Joey he felt betrayed as crazy as it sounds. But those babies those poor boys.

ETA - no idea why it’s attached that to my post and please don’t be offended.

Attachments

• upload_2021-1-23_19-57-11.png
    upload_2021-1-23_19-57-11.png
    138.7 KB · Views: 10
Often times when more than one person commits murder they’re tried separately. There was a massive amount of evidence against Merritt and I surmise there wasn’t enough to charge other persons involved. With that being said I think it’s possible that evidence is still being collected to charge. Or maybe there will never be enough evidence.
It is especially difficult to solve crimes without follow up. Calling people conspiracy theorists or dismissing reports that don't fit a theory is a systemic method of discrediting anyone who knows what happened or is approaching the truth.

I wouldn't call them friends. Associates, maybe, accomplices, certainly, but not necessarily an uncoerced relationship.

Interesting

I do get the feeling there was an extra location involved which we don't know about

Especially before he is finally proved innocent!
Merritt's daughter told the truth in her testimony, but her father was not innocent. It just didn't go down how prosecutors claimed. They didn't press Merritt about the cut on his hand, because it didn't fit their theory's timeline. The debt Merritt owed was a drop in the bucket, but that's where they stopped. There are reasons Merritt will never tell the truth. Being innocent isn't one of them.

Merritt's daughter told the truth in her testimony, but her father was not innocent. It just didn't go down how prosecutors claimed. They didn't press Merritt about the cut on his hand, because it didn't fit their theory's timeline. The debt Merritt owed was a drop in the bucket, but that's where they stopped. There are reasons Merritt will never tell the truth. Being innocent isn't one of them.

So whre are you going with all this?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtKnee
Back