Cheney Mason said he was surprised by verdict

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read the opening here my apolgies for skipping to the end with my op, is she trying for a witness protection plan? Idenity change? Paid for? I think so. Let someone else pay for her, yelp, that's the direction I'm feeling. YOU touched her last... garr boo

I think you are right about the witness protection program, Dr. The DT might be hoping to get something like that to happen for KC.

It stinks, though. Witness protection is for people who come forth in spite of great danger to themselves, for the sake of justice being served. It is not intended to protect a murderer who lied and covered up and spit in justice's face, then caught a lucky break and was set free. And now she flounders with nowhere to go so the government should subsidize her?

Yeah, right.

Would not be surprised if it happens for her, though.

I believe the witness protection program is only available for someone who is a valued witness. IIRC the lawyers said the same thing on their thread.

KC doesn't qualify.

I don't believe anything Casey's lawyers say as they try and rehabiliate her image with the public. Especially nothing that Jose Baez or Cheney Mason say.

Cheney was just shooting everyone the bird.

I particularly enjoy this part

One audience member asked Mason if it was possible Casey was guilty and got away with murder.

"Well, I guess it's possible you can go to Venus this afternoon," Mason replied.

he doesnt say no. prime example of a mistruth right there, he does not answer the question at all :biglaugh:

Ya think? They were all surprised because they all knew she was guilty. I hope she wears them out ;-)

Give me a break. He and his wife are Southern high society, he is retiring, and he is taking a potential hit in the social circles.

Mr. "I hate the media" is trying to put some spin out so he can enjoy his retirement and not be shunned.

He is a disgusting piece of work. What kind of professional makes an "FU" gesture to the media and then expects them to interview him and let him express his opinions. I can't believe the media lets him do it.

Granted he's a defense attorney, used to being shunned a bit but this is different. The entire nation is sickened by this verdict.

I hope he retires now. He's had his "fun" as he put it. He got a baby killer free. Now go and drink mint juleps, pat women on the butt, be the sexist pig you were born to be and spend the rest of your life worrying that there really might be a reckoning for your actions after death.

Have fun with that.

Post of the Year candidate.

How I look forward to reading every time I see Tom Servo and Crow.

But it was the right one. He also said "There are no offers from anyone for books, movies, or interviews," Mason said.

http://www.wftv.com/news/28637794/detail.html

If in fact there are no offers for books, movies, or interviews, then just how long will the DT and their cronies keep paying to hide and protect her? There has to be something in this for them, or she'd be out on the street, fending for herself.

JMO.

so CM says no one will believe what comes out of caseys mouth buts then says "i KNOW she drowned in the pool" kinda confusing there...he KNOWS as fact something a liar told him with no evidence to back it up
and the jury should be memoralized? GMAB thats taking it a bit far

Just because she Drowned in the Pool doesn't mean it was an ACCIDENTAL DROWNING.

I think the only part of this speech that is worthy of a response is when he admitted that they have no idea how they are ever going to keep Casey safe the rest of her life. This defense team let Casey take them on as a family. They used the Anthony family as a defense, threw them under the bus. I don't think they ever believed they would get her off totally, felt she would do time, be forgotten and when released old news.

Now that they have let Casey latch onto them as "her family" the burden is on the defense to find a way to integrate Casey back into society without her family it appears. They crossed the line a long time ago. And they have a moral obligation now that they hadn't thought about earlier as they did everything they could to earn Casey's trust. They made Casey their poster girl for the wrong reasons, and they have an obligation now, not to walk away from a client at the end of trial.

This is not an ordinary client/lawyer relationship and this team has their hands full. I do not like Cheney Mason and never have. But if it comes between him and Baez keeping Casey safe, Mason I think would accept the moral obligation more than Baez.

There was a statement recently by Baez that he is not involved in the plans for Casey's future he is letting others handle that. To me that says Baez did what he had to in the early days of her release and is now looking at his own future not Casey's. Trying to make the deal for money and move on.

My feeling is that Casey will always be shunned. But after a couple of years people will move on until she strikes again and is on the wrong side of the law and becomes news.

It is the next couple of years not weeks, not months that I believe this defense team was not planning for. Let's see if they stand up to their moral obligation given the circumstances, notice I did not say (ethical). When you cross the line in that lawyer client relationship this is what happens.

an old joke "what do you call 1000 lawyers off a cliff?" answer- a good start...hell id say just jb and cm off a cliff is a good start...leave the other 998 ones alone.

Give me a break. He and his wife are Southern high society, he is retiring, and he is taking a potential hit in the social circles.

Mr. "I hate the media" is trying to put some spin out so he can enjoy his retirement and not be shunned.

He is a disgusting piece of work. What kind of professional makes an "FU" gesture to the media and then expects them to interview him and let him express his opinions. I can't believe the media lets him do it.

Granted he's a defense attorney, used to being shunned a bit but this is different. The entire nation is sickened by this verdict.

I hope he retires now. He's had his "fun" as he put it. He got a baby killer free. Now go and drink mint juleps, pat women on the butt, be the sexist pig you were born to be and spend the rest of your life worrying that there really might be a reckoning for your actions after death.

Have fun with that.

:gthanks:

Thank You Tragco for putting words to how I feel too about Mr Mason, but have been too angry to vocalise.

I really dislike Mr Mason and have done since the start of the trial, when I saw Baez pushing the media and Mason threatening to have them arrested for assault on an OAP. Mason is a hypocrite. I knew nothing about Mr Mason at that point and I have to say that the impression he has left in my mind, is not a good one.

Mason's behaviour in Court was disgraceful IMHO. His rudeness to witnesses was so unnecessary, his selective hearing and playing of the age card was down right rude IMO as well. He, along with Baez, seemed to think that the Court's deadline's were not applicable to them either.

His little speech, after the trial verdict was disgusting. At least Baez (and I don't particularly like him either) managed the good grace to say some pleasant words about LDB, JA and Mr George and at least acknowledge the hard work that went in to the case and subsequent trial. That suprised me and in a way made me feel a (very little) bit more favourable towards Baez. Mason came off as a whinging, whining, miserable creature IMHO. He certainly knows how to act better than this and that's what offends me the most about him. His rants about the media have angered me as well, we all know he has done interviews and his team courted publicity as much as possible prior to the trial.

IMHO, the flipping of the bird was vile behaviour, much more the actions of the very young and stupid, not that of a professional of his stature and I hope he retires pretty quickly. I also hope that he has to answer questions at the Florida bar for that little stunt as well.

I hope that we don't have to see or hear much from him in the future. But given that he dislikes the media so much, it would be so hypocritical if he does interviews or appearances, wouldn't it Mr Mason? :waitasec:

I think the only part of this speech that is worthy of a response is when he admitted that they have no idea how they are ever going to keep Casey safe the rest of her life. This defense team let Casey take them on as a family. They used the Anthony family as a defense, threw them under the bus. I don't think they ever believed they would get her off totally, felt she would do time, be forgotten and when released old news.

Now that they have let Casey latch onto them as "her family" the burden is on the defense to find a way to integrate Casey back into society without her family it appears. They crossed the line a long time ago. And they have a moral obligation now that they hadn't thought about earlier as they did everything they could to earn Casey's trust. They made Casey their poster girl for the wrong reasons, and they have an obligation now, not to walk away from a client at the end of trial.

This is not an ordinary client/lawyer relationship and this team has their hands full. I do not like Cheney Mason and never have. But if it comes between him and Baez keeping Casey safe, Mason I think would accept the moral obligation more than Baez.

There was a statement recently by Baez that he is not involved in the plans for Casey's future he is letting others handle that. To me that says Baez did what he had to in the early days of her release and is now looking at his own future not Casey's. Trying to make the deal for money and move on.

My feeling is that Casey will always be shunned. But after a couple of years people will move on until she strikes again and is on the wrong side of the law and becomes news.

It is the next couple of years not weeks, not months that I believe this defense team was not planning for. Let's see if they stand up to their moral obligation given the circumstances, notice I did not say (ethical). When you cross the line in that lawyer client relationship this is what happens.

Well said! Thank you - I was trying to figure out how to express something like this and could never have put it together this well.

He had his doubts about her innocence BEFORE becoming part of the DT (taped interview) and he expressed his surprise at the verdict. What does that say for an attorney that never believed in her innocence yet, expected us to do just that? That little speech he made after the verdict makes him look ridiculous in light of this last statement.

OK, Mr. Mason....relocate her to Venus already!

Problem solved.

That is funny considering he was saying the opposite in his fist media interviews. I saw him with my own eyes saying " We don't know what happened to that baby and probably never will." That was just a couple of weeks ago.
Can't this DT ever get their stories straight?

I wish someone in the news would make a video loop of all of the DTs statements in chronological order and play it for them during caseys "interview"

Excellent thoughts, Gram! :highfive:

I'll go another step further and say that possibly JB already had plans for after the verdict and KC wasn't part of those plans. As we saw during the trial - and even Dr. Glass pointed out on our radio show - JB seemed to be trying to distance himself from her. I felt that even when I watched KC and JB walk out of the jail. My hunch is that KC is more demanding than we may realize. The interview with the promoter in California only backed up my theory when he said KC walked in and said "where's my check?" JB might be tire quickly when he's not being placed on the throne of this case. It will be interesting to see what KC might say down the line if JB pulls away from her enough to make her angry...

Maybe Cheney did take over the care of KC in the early days after her release for the reasons stated in Gram's post. Makes complete sense to me after analyzing the dynamics between JB and KC too.

KC is co-dependent in the worst way, until she gets what she wants then moves on and I believe that is where KC and JB has the dividing line. Get what each other wants from one another then move on from one another. It is a mutual deception, imo. I also am not sure that JB wants the full responsibility either, but it is there and an opportunity so he's taking full advantage of it. Even if it means his career, I guess.

Mr. Constitution, Cheney Mason on the otherhand seems like more of the rough and gruff father figure that KC needs, but we know how that will pan out. It will go nowhere.

KC is co-dependent in the worst way, until she gets what she wants then moves on and I believe that is where KC and JB has the dividing line. Get what each other wants from one another then move on from one another. It is a mutual deception, imo. I also am not sure that JB wants the full responsibility either, but it is there and an opportunity so he's taking full advantage of it. Even if it means his career, I guess.

Mr. Constitution, Cheney Mason on the otherhand seems like more of the rough and gruff father figure that KC needs, but we know how that will pan out. It will go nowhere.

I agree with everything you said except one item. I don't see KC as being co-dependent at all. I think she is far too manipulative for that. I would have called her a parasite and a parasite always needs a host to feed off of because they are too lazy to provide for themselves. When one host is depleted, they quickly move on to another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez