Cheney Mason said he was surprised by verdict

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All day today on HLN they have been saying that Casey told Cheney Mason that she wants to work for him in his law firm. He didn't think that would be a good idea because of her previous history. What history...stealing...lying...killing, etc. I think in Casey's mind she probably thinks that she can work for Mason and marry Baez. If I ever get into trouble for anything I hope I can get a few attorneys to take me in like family and be involved in my plans after the trial..to be responsible for me..lol.

Cheney Mason has said on tv that Casey is like a granddaughter to him! Well Mr. Mason that means that you will help with finances when she needs them...let her stay with you when she wants to for however long she wants to stay, etc. Be a good granddad and just take her in. All of the defense team deserve what ever they get from ole Casey Anthony. This is what happens when you don't act like a professional and keep your relationship on a professional level. Good luck guys and girls. Where is ole cuddle bug? Haven't seen Dorothy in a while or is she working behind the scenes?

They all better be darn careful. Casey could turn into a spiteful b*tch again if she can not have it her way. And Baez with a new baby at home.
And I remember Tracy (from the DP team) saying how childlike Casey really is, tantrums could be normal for her. I do not wish any horrible things on the DT. But we all know what Casey is capable of. No job at Mason's , Baez not leaving his wife. Who knows what all they promised her during the trial, thinking she would not get off for some years anyway.

Grabbed your post so I could comment on topic not what your posting! :)

This I don't understand. If (let's just suppose this is true) so why the defense strategy used? Makes no sense.

(BTW anyone remember the date CM officially joined the team? Doesn't matter just curious).

If your client is charged with felony murder...etc...etc.. in relation to their child. Why not put forth that defense early on? Try to work with the SA in getting reduction of charges, plea deal...etc?

Perhaps I'm too uninformed about how the dance of a trial works but to me, it makes far more sense logically to state up front this was an accidental drowning and try to go from there---not wait until trial and then throw everything in but the kitchen sink in order to win the case.

Does anyone else have a problem with that logic? JMHO

I looked this up before the trial and came right up with it. But there are wayyyyyyy to many pages on google now. LOL My recollection when I looked it up was right before Casey was declared indigent Mason was appointed. And she was declared indigent in March 2010. :)

All day today on HLN they have been saying that Casey told Cheney Mason that she wants to work for him in his law firm. He didn't think that would be a good idea because of her previous history. What history...stealing...lying...killing, etc. I think in Casey's mind she probably thinks that she can work for Mason and marry Baez. If I ever get into trouble for anything I hope I can get a few attorneys to take me in like family and be involved in my plans after the trial..to be responsible for me..lol.

Cheney Mason has said on tv that Casey is like a granddaughter to him! Well Mr. Mason that means that you will help with finances when she needs them...let her stay with you when she wants to for however long she wants to stay, etc. Be a good granddad and just take her in. All of the defense team deserve what ever they get from ole Casey Anthony. This is what happens when you don't act like a professional and keep your relationship on a professional level. Good luck guys and girls. Where is ole cuddle bug? Haven't seen Dorothy in a while or is she working behind the scenes?

Wow I didn't hear this. I firmly believe Mason wants nothing to do with her. He will say all of the 'right' things as her attorney but he knows what she is.

I think Baez will hang in there because he smells big money. He wants to get some of that and if he is acting as Casey's whatever he will get a share of what she gets. When the money drys up he will be gone. I personally think it is funny that this team is stuck with Casey Anthony. They coddled her for the last 3 years and they are reaping what they sown now. Keep her safe...make sure she has money to live on and find a place for her to live. They will have to support her for now. Oh well, according to them she is so nice...a wonderful girl! Sure she is...isn't every sociopath??

Excellent thoughts, Gram! :highfive:

I'll go another step further and say that possibly JB already had plans for after the verdict and KC wasn't part of those plans. As we saw during the trial - and even Dr. Glass pointed out on our radio show - JB seemed to be trying to distance himself from her. I felt that even when I watched KC and JB walk out of the jail. My hunch is that KC is more demanding than we may realize. The interview with the promoter in California only backed up my theory when he said KC walked in and said "where's my check?" JB might be tire quickly when he's not being placed on the throne of this case. It will be interesting to see what KC might say down the line if JB pulls away from her enough to make her angry...

Maybe Cheney did take over the care of KC in the early days after her release for the reasons stated in Gram's post. Makes complete sense to me after analyzing the dynamics between JB and KC too.

Your post reminds me of the difference between the physical protection that JB showed when dealing with FCA at the begining and what he is showing now.

For example, at the begining when the weather was rough and folks were clammering for FCA, JB kept a tight grip on her. Protecting her from not only the reporter's and the crowd, but from the elements using his coat, an umbrella, etc. Very protective.

Fast forward to July 17th. He mannerism's are just like any other attorney who is there when his client is released. She really didn't even need him to be there when she left. But, JB never met a camera he didn't like IMO. And, whether we like it or not FCA will make some money..

IMO they are just holding off til the anger subsides amoung folks before she starts making money. Then again, they're all liars. I wouldn't put it past CM or JB to start acting like they don't like her now so it will sell better..

Quite honestly, if anyone should feel responsible for helping KC out, not that any attorneys ever do, it should be JB.

If it were not for him fighting the gag order, we would not be here. If it were not for him keeping her family far from her, we would not be here. If it were not for him throwing the family under the bus, we would not be here.

First of all, KC would likely have been found guilty if not for the media attention and that Sunshine Law issue made the world interested. JB flapping his gums and everyone else he could get to do so for the last three years didn't help either. So, we would have had a young lady that killed her child in jail, no problem, long forgotten. Or, on the other hand, if she got off anyhow, it would be a young lady that killed her child out there in a program learning a skill, finding an apartment and a job, long forgotten. The family would not have been on our t.v. screens daily if there was a gag order. Long forgotten.

So, JB holds any responsibility for this. Not saying he has to do anything, but I do hope that he has learned to think about long term consequences for being so unethical just to win, or just because he can. If he has not, I hope KC makes it happen.

P.S. I don't think she can be "rehabbed", program or not, and I don't see the public believing it. I think an interview in a few months or ever would just reignite the flames of anger from the public. I think she will continue lie, cheat, steal, and go off on someone else when not getting her way, hopefully not murder that someone else, but be charged and do some time. To me it seems she would be better off in jail. Anger management would not begin to scratch the surface of her inner rage. Besides, what has she learned these past few years? That it is legal to lie, steal, and cheat if you know how to manipulate your audience, and she is still learning that via the games we are witnessing.

Any other cases where the defense attorneys have taken so much care of their client ,and may continue to do so, long after the trial is over?

They're all probably trying to shuffle her off to each other. Cuddle bug (Electic hair, Inebriated jumping lady) is most likely saying CA who by now. And I wonder if Ms. Baez appreciates the continuum here. Grandpa should lend her one of his fancy cars, although she won't have a license unless she pays the court those darn ole pesky fines etc. And she won't want to drive that stinky sunbird around. She's part of a high classed defense team now.
Gosh, she's such a delight to have around. Proud Grandpa :doh:

Doing some more thinking here, I'll bet those stealth jurors are delighted. They punished JB, CM and DS in her place. Geez could they hate the DT that much to give them all a life sentence spending tons of money trying to protect her and helping her readjust back to society. :floorlaugh:

Doing some more thinking here, I'll bet those stealth jurors are delighted. They punished JB, CM and DS in her place. Geez could they hate the DT that much to give them all a life sentence spending tons of money trying to protect her and helping her readjust back to society. :floorlaugh:

I guess there is such a thing as being too successful. Fate played a cruel joke on the DT team IMO. They must have had their post trial strategies already carefully planned till that jury threw a monkey wrench in it.

Life could have been good with much fun. If they would have gotten KC off at the lowest charge, everybody would have been content. The DP was not popular anyway.
Everybody would have been a winner and PR would not have been so disastrous. It even back fired on the Anthonys IMO.
As it stand now, their life style is being cramped, as Mr. Mason found out, by an on the loose childlike creature with no apparent conscience. Their monetary post trial rewards will probably be smaller and not exactly immediately. But I do not feel sorry for them:great:

I guess there is such a thing as being too successful. Fate played a cruel joke on the DT team IMO. They must have had their post trial strategies already carefully planned till that jury threw a monkey wrench in it.

Life could have been good with much fun. If they would have gotten KC off at the lowest charge, everybody would have been content. The DP was not popular anyway.
Everybody would have been a winner and PR would not have been so disastrous. It even back fired on the Anthonys IMO.
As it stand now, their life style is being cramped, as Mr. Mason found out, by an on the loose childlike creature with no apparent conscience. Their monetary post trial rewards will probably be smaller and not exactly immediately. But I do not feel sorry for them:great:

Not to mention they are saddled with their little "creature" now. Remember CM saying the DT is her family now? Well there you go CM.

And CA and GA are whooping it up in the islands, all expenses paid! Bet that has her more than pizzed.

These are the things I try to focus on to take some of the sting out of the verdict.

The irony is rich indeed.

Grabbed your post so I could comment on topic not what your posting! :)

This I don't understand. If (let's just suppose this is true) so why the defense strategy used? Makes no sense.

(BTW anyone remember the date CM officially joined the team? Doesn't matter just curious).

If your client is charged with felony murder...etc...etc.. in relation to their child. Why not put forth that defense early on? Try to work with the SA in getting reduction of charges, plea deal...etc?

Perhaps I'm too uninformed about how the dance of a trial works but to me, it makes far more sense logically to state up front this was an accidental drowning and try to go from there---not wait until trial and then throw everything in but the kitchen sink in order to win the case.

Does anyone else have a problem with that logic? JMHO

IMO the reason that they didn't claim accident first is the duct tape. No jury in their right mind would buy an accidental drowning with a child found wrapped in duct tape and laid to rest in a swamp. :banghead: I would have made no sense and they wouldn't have been able to explain it. I guess in the end, that is all they had to go with.

PS i have been asking all along. How the heck does he know that Caylee drowned.... um, cause she said so, and cause she picked him as the one person in the world that she wouldn't lie to?

Originally Posted by erinleigh
so CM says no one will believe what comes out of caseys mouth buts then says "i KNOW she drowned in the pool" kinda confusing there...he KNOWS as fact something a liar told him with no evidence to back it up
and the jury should be memoralized? GMAB thats taking it a bit far

Of all the things that infuriate me about this moronic verdict, this issue of Caylee drowning takes the cake. If the jury had paid any attention at all to the evidence presented via videos, they'd have seen and heard the killer denying just that. The police repeatedly gave her the opportunity to embrace an accidental drowning as the COD. The killer held to her fabrication of a nonexistant nanny.

When did KC tell her attorney about the accident? Is there no requirement that a defense attorney has a fiduciary responsibility avoid a trial if the circumstances of the case do not warrant the charges. Does JB have no responsibility to the taxpayers of Florida?

I think there need to be changes made in the laws governing Opening Statements. But first of all, I question the ethics of attorneys later claiming knowledge of an accident that is being charged as a crime. Where is the Florida Bar Association regarding this miscarriage of justice. Why should JB's statements not have been prefaced by "theory" or "hypothetical"? Why was he alllowed to state definitively that Caylee accidently drowned? IMHO, this is flat out wrong and I can't believe the law allows it.

Nothing, however excuses the lack of diligence of the jury. They should forever feel shame and regret that they allowed a child's killer to go free.

I don't believe ANYTHING Cheney Mason says! So many talking heads said he was a great and well-known lawyer.......well, I think all he is good at is lies & bs! Just like JB. Birds of a feather......just sayin'.

Besides, it was just not classy of him to shoot the bird on TV after a young guy was fined and jailed for the same thing.

Cheney Mason surprised at the verdict? He ought to be surprised that he wakes up every morning. :great: If he warns anyone else that he has a gun, you can bet it's a civil war musket that probably won't fire. :floorlaugh:

On Geraldo CM said people better get their own attorneys. Is he going after everyone who says anything about the defense or KC? Can he?
It seems like an idol threat when he says all kinds of negative things whenever he is interviewed. He bashed the defense team before he was on it. He bashed the A's and LE and Judge S and DK. What is he thinking about making these threats.

I don't believe ANYTHING Cheney Mason says! So many talking heads said he was a great and well-known lawyer.......well, I think all he is good at is lies & bs! Just like JB. Birds of a feather......just sayin'.

Besides, it was just not classy of him to shoot the bird on TV after a young guy was fined and jailed for the same thing.
I

Interesting to see what the public perception of a client represented by Baez/Mason will be. They are now infamous for their association to the "Anthony" trial. Type cast, if you will, as a "Casey-esque" defense team. Will their future clients be viewed as "hopeless cases".

" Sociopathic Killer:crazy: with only one chance for Acquittal??--WHO YA GONNA CALL":floorlaugh:

http://www.abajournal.com/news/artic...lewd_gestures/

Legal Ethics

Casey Anthony Lawyer Cheney Mason Won’t Face Ethics Charges for Lewd Gestures

Posted Jul 28, 2011 5:30 AM CDT
snip-

A Casey Anthony lawyer who made lewd gestures at spectators while drinking champagne after the July 5 acquittal won’t face ethics charges as a result of the incident.

The lawyer, Cheney Mason, apparently reacted after a spectator called out for the defense lawyers to leave a restaurant where they were celebrating the verdict, according to news reports at the time. Lead Anthony lawyer Jose Baez only smiled, but Mason made a lewd gesture using both hands and then flipped the bird.

Florida Bar counsel Annemarie Craft revealed her decision to close the case against Mason in a July 25 letter (PDF). “While the actions of Mr. Mason are not condoned,” Craft wrote, his conduct doesn’t violate lawyer ethics rules “as this appears to be an isolated incident unrelated to a legal proceeding.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak