China- Chinese airliner, Boeing 737, carrying 132 people crashes in southern China, 21 March 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
April 1 2022
U.S. NTSB team departs for China to take part in Boeing crash probe | Reuters
''April 1 (Reuters) - The U.S. National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) said on Friday its team has departed for China to participate in the Chinese investigation of the March 21 crash of a China Eastern Airlines flight of a Boeing (BA.N) 737-800 jet that killed 132 people.

The NTSB said "investigators will limit interactions with those outside of investigation similar to safety protocols at Beijing Olympics, which will allow them to begin work immediately without a quarantine."

I wonder how much credible information will be released. The government isn't exactly transparent with information.

<modnsip>
Actually China has been transparent regarding plane crashes, as opposed to Russia where plane crashes were denied or not acknowledged.

In 2002 the Chinese airline industry made a safety turnaround, and in recent years their fatal accident rate has been better than the US and European airlines.

Officials from the US NTSB have been issued Chinese visas to help support the investigation.

Black box on doomed China Eastern flight indicates crash was intentional: report

Flight data from the doomed plane suggests someone in the cockpit pushed the Boeing 737-800 into a “near-vertical” descent while cruising at a high altitude in late March, the Wall Street Journal reported, citing sources familiar with US officials’ preliminary assessment.

I am not surprised.
Jmo

Black box on doomed China Eastern flight indicates crash was intentional: report

Flight data from the doomed plane suggests someone in the cockpit pushed the Boeing 737-800 into a “near-vertical” descent while cruising at a high altitude in late March, the Wall Street Journal reported, citing sources familiar with US officials’ preliminary assessment.

I am not surprised.
Jmo
HOLY S--T!!! How can someone do that?!!!

Wow...but I have to say I'm not surprised. Reading the commentary on the pilots forum back then, I suspected as such. They could not find an explanation for the trajectory other than it being intentional.

Horrific and senseless tragedy for all others onboard.

Interesting tidbit —

In the US and on international flights, by contrast, regulations do require two people to be in the cockpit at all times. If one pilot leaves, a flight attendant steps into the flight deck.

That should be a requirement everywhere.
After Germanwings 9525:
Aviation authorities swiftly implemented new regulations that required two authorized personnel in the cockpit at all times, but by 2017, Germanwings and other German airlines had dropped the rule.

Maybe this event will convince airlines to bring in or enforce that rule.

At this point is should be impossible to put an airliner into a dive like that intentionally. Software should take over and prevent this. I understand that pilots should, in most cases, be able to override the fly by wire systems but there are certain maneuvers where there is no valid reason they would ever be used.

I can't even begin to imagine what it would have been like in that aircraft once the pilot had started that straight down dive. Absolutely horrific!

All I can hope is that such a steep dive would have rendered most or all unconscious during the majority of the dive.

Jmo.

What a horrific tragedy. My heart goes out to the families.

Interesting tidbit —

In the US and on international flights, by contrast, regulations do require two people to be in the cockpit at all times. If one pilot leaves, a flight attendant steps into the flight deck.

That should be a requirement everywhere.
I am sure it could be implemented if the airlines were willing and/or able to pay the money required to train and pay an additional pilot to be in the cockpit in all their routes. Unfortunately they want to keep operating costs as low as possible after the significant financial losses they suffered due to the pandemic. The price of oil due to the horrendous and tragic war in Ukraine has caused a significant increase in the price of aviation fuel so this is also a cause for concern with the airlines. Sadly I can’t see this extremely horrific tragedy changing the aviation regulations to make it mandatory that all airlines have to have three pilots on all flights.

Even if it was made mandatory to have two pilots in the cockpit on all routes at all times there is still the possibility that the pilot could overpower the other pilot and deliberately crash the plane. It is a very serious issue that will not be easy to address.
I can't even begin to imagine what it would have been like in that aircraft once the pilot had started that straight down dive. Absolutely horrific!

I can’t begin to imagine how distressed the families of the crew and passengers must be feeling knowing their loved one(s) died in this way and that it was likely intentional. It is chilling to think of families or people travelling alone boarding a plane excited for their trip away or going to see loved ones for the first time in months and none of them know what the pilot is thinking and has decided to do.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli
Back