Christina Laurean

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What concerns me is that it seems like the Corps spent quite a bit of time shielding CL until it became OBVIOUS that he was involved in Maria's disappearance.

Now, they've thrown up a big shield around Christina . . . does she warrant that protection?

The marines may not be shielding Christina as much as not wanting to take a chance of having something happen to a possible witness/accomplice.
She may be telling LE and the Marines that she is in fear for her life now that she has found out CL killed Maria. (Which is what someone pretending to ""not know might say.) On base, she and the child are safer.

Plus she is a lure.

CL wrote to Christina once. He might try to find ways to get in touch with Christina again. Or SHE might try to get word to him some way.

As the lead investigating agency, (since the crime was committed off of the base) wouldn't it be up to LE to name Christina a POI or suspect? If they haven't done that there is probably a reason. But, it doesn't mean later she won't be charged with something as things develop.

Might be a repost and no I am still not reading but saw this on cnn and all I have to say is AHA!!

http://www.wnct.com/midatlantic/nct/news/local_news.apx.-content-articles-NCT-2008-01-17-0031.html

I read this too and think this guy was probably very much a liar and a manipulator. If you've ever been involved with a man like that you'll understand that it takes a while to figure out. My husband was that kind of guy and me being the trusting person I am and thinking we "loved" each other tried to believe everything he told me. Even when stuff didn't make sense I wanted to believe him. It took two years of taking his word and being constantly confused before I started to look for facts and doing some snooping around on my own. He likely told his wife that Maria made the rape thing up, she was pregnant with John Doe's baby but was trying to get him into trouble because she didn't like him, his superiors knew she was lying, she was a trouble maker, she'd done this to other guys, she doesn't even know who the father is, blah blah blah.

What concerns me is that it seems like the Corps spent quite a bit of time shielding CL until it became OBVIOUS that he was involved in Maria's disappearance.

Now, they've thrown up a big shield around Christina . . . does she warrant that protection?

JMO, think she's in custody and the marines/sheriff want to keep it under wraps..

not sure if yall have checked the other threads, but here's an article that jenny posted...relating to what Christina told investigators...

Search Warrant Details Conversation With Wanted Marine's Wife

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/2316773/

After reading this I will eat a piece of Crow but not the whole thing yet. Christina I guess knew the day before about Maria being dead.The only thing I can think of is she was also afraid of him. So she waited till he left to turn the note over.

Something isn't right about that article tho. It would dispute the facts given out by Sheriff Brown in the early days of Christina and the letter to begin with. Something is just off.

After reading this I will eat a piece of Vrow but not the whole thing yet. Christina I guess knew the day before about Maria being dead.The only thing I can think of is she was also afraid of him. So she waited till he left to turn the note over.

i just don't know JDB.....maybe she thought he was going to turn himself in on the 11th, then he fled early that morning.........

hard to say...she claims that Cesar told her all of this on the way to see the attorney on the 10th.....

if LE thinks Maria was killed on the 14th, then SOMEONE used Maria's ID to purchase the bus ticket, the next day, on the Dec 15th:confused:

i have tried to give Christina the benefit of the doubt all along, until we have some kind of proof....LOL, hey i kinda like the taste of crow:)

I don't think she cut a deal myself. I think she believes her statement clears her and puts the blame squarely on him. I also don't buy her statement and it makes her less than credible.

i just don't know JDB.....maybe she thought he was going to turn himself in on the 11th, then he fled early that morning.........

hard to say...she claims that Cesar told her all of this on the way to see the attorney on the 10th.....

if LE thinks Maria was killed on the 14th, then SOMEONE used Maria's ID to purchase the bus ticket, the next day, on the Dec 15th:confused:

i have tried to give Christina the benefit of the doubt all along, until we have some kind of proof....LOL, hey i kinda like the taste of crow:)

The LE could be off by a day or two as far as her death.Greta last night had a guy on that said a Photo ID was used to purchase the bus ticket. I know since 9/11 to take a greyhound you have to show the Id to buy a ticket.

It was not on Greta it was on Nancy's show about the ID being used.

The LE could be off by a day or two as far as her death.Greta last night had a guy on that said a Photo ID was used to purchase the bus ticket. I know since 9/11 to take a greyhound you have to show the Id to buy a ticket.

there has to be some reason that LE has changed their minds on the date she was killed....we've heard all along it was the 15th, but now they say the 14th.....someone purchased that bus ticket using Maria's ID on the 15th...i'm VERY curious as to why LE feel that she was killed on the 14th, now.....

I agree something is not right about Christina and her involvement. Why would CL and Christina want everyone to believe that it happened on the
15th. December 15th fell on a Saturday and supposely she was at work. What work? It has been stated today that she has just been called back to active duty. Does this mean that she had already processed out of the Marines and if so where was she on that Saturday.

I think that Christina spent the 10th conferring with her father and planning
with CL. They have requested the phone records of his mother but they need to also get the phone records of Christina's father. Christina's Grandfather was an attorney and I would think that allot of calls were made
to various attorneys before she contact LE.

I agree something is not right about Christina and her involvement. Why would CL and Christina want everyone to believe that it happened on the
15th. December 15th fell on a Saturday and supposely she was at work. What work? It has been stated today that she has just been called back to active duty. Does this mean that she had already processed out of the Marines and if so where was she on that Saturday.

I think that Christina spent the 10th conferring with her father and planning
with CL. They have requested the phone records of his mother but they need to also get the phone records of Christina's father. Christina's Grandfather was an attorney and I would think that allot of calls were made
to various attorneys before she contact LE.

I agree.

there has to be some reason that LE has changed their minds on the date she was killed....we've heard all along it was the 15th, but now they say the 14th.....someone purchased that bus ticket using Maria's ID on the 15th...i'm VERY curious as to why LE feel that she was killed on the 14th, now.....
I said this in the other thread but I THINK that they know now that or Xtina wrote the note to Maria's roommate - which was left on the 14th (after Maria was dead - using her car and her key). I THINK that they now also know that Maria did NOT withdraw that $700 at the ATM on the 14th AND that she did NOT buy a bus ticket to El PAso on the 15th.

I THINK Maria was dead shortly after she left work at noon on the 14th - and then (and maybe Xtina) spent the rest of that day and the next day trying to cover up and clean up. They wanted it to look like Maria was still alive on Sat AND took off on her own.

And it brings up the question of whether this was planned in advance to coincide with the Christmas party on base. Did they know her roommate and others would ALL be "busy" that afternoon and Maria would not be "missed" until Monday so they planned everything to happen on the 14th??

As I said elsewhere, "the plot thickens"...

My Opinion

Might be a repost and no I am still not reading but saw this on cnn and all I have to say is AHA!!

http://www.wnct.com/midatlantic/nct/news/local_news.apx.-content-articles-NCT-2008-01-17-0031.html

Oh yes, Indy, this is a big AHA moment for me as well ! I can see Xtina scrambling to give LE a story they will buy , but it doesn't make sense. If Maria went over to ' house that night, and that is when he killed her , where was Xtina ? At Work ? And how did manage to clean up, throw bloody stuff away, drag and bury and burn Maria in the fire pit, and then paint the walls before Xtina came home ? And Xtina didn't notice anything was off until they were driving the next day to the attorney and THEN he confessed to her ? NAH, I DON'T BUY IT !

If he did confess to her in the car, she waited until he was gone the next day to call LE and show them the note. Wouldn't that be aiding and abetting ? Also, needed someone to help him buy the ticket to El PAso disguised as Maria and using her ID. I feel it in my bones that Xtina is the one who helped him.

I do have a question regarding the "witness " who turned in the apparent murder weapon to LE: Could it have been Xtina ? Or a Marine buddy of ? We'll have to wait to find out. :confused:

I think that the noose is tightening around her neck and she will flip on soon, if she hasn't already. I have a feeling that LE will use Xtina as a lure to get to turn himself in. I hope so anyway. :behindbar

Just said on Fox they now have a Search Warrant for Christina's cell phone. Here we GO! Looks like now they are focusing in on her as a suspect and not the key witness anymore, imo.

Did anyone else hear that last Fox reporter talking about what was on the cell phone search warrant? Something about the discussion between CL and Christina being 1/10/08, and she held back reporting that conversation till 1/11/08 a.m. I think they said that CL told Christina the suicide story 1/10/08, but before that he had told her he took Maria to the bus station and got her the ticket and money because she wanted to leave town.

If we can view the cell phone search warrant, it will be explained better!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slueth_cat