Christina Noudga Trial Thread 11.22.16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am so thoroughly unimpressed.

I know everyone is unimpressed and especially because of the build up to the trial that everyone was convinced she was guilty (and going away for a longtime.) Without the hard concrete evidence showing she knew Bosma was murdered this trial was going to be a waste of 3 weeks. Add in the fact the Bosma family would have to hear all the details of the murder again. I can see why they were in support of this decision as I imagine when the crown notified them of the deal there is a very small chance of convicting her on the original charges. With the statement of facts given no judge would convict her on those charges because there was reasonable doubt of what she knew. Without a plea deal there is always a chance that she could have just walked after a full trial. Instead she does receive some form of criminal record.

How did she procure Greenspan in the first place? I hope we find out.

It's interesting that Greenspan said Millard was controlling. There is really no evidence of that. He was emotionally manipulative, which in some ways produces the same results, but not controlling in the sense that I think was intended to be implied.

Doing some reading...it seems she may be able to get a chiropractic license (I'm not sure what "health sciences profession" she is planning on). While criminal background checks are required, the language I found said that governing bodies are "allowed" to reject or strip licences based on criminal records, it's not guaranteed. The top pages on a search within Canada yields info from BC but also this story about a Mississauga Chiropractor.

Dugan had his licence suspended for four months by the College of Chiropractors of Ontario back in 2010 after a disciplinary panel found he failed to disclose that he was convicted criminally of performing an indecent act in front of a female high school student at Erin Mills Town Centre on Oct. 5, 2006.

Convicted six years ago in Brampton court, Dugan received a conditional discharge and 18 months probation, with conditions that included counselling and staying away from Erin Mills Town Centre and John Fraser Secondary School.
Dugan, a registered chiropractor since 1998, remains an active member of the CCO, but his current status isn't immediately known.

http://www.mississauga.com/news-story/4121715-chiropractor-with-criminal-record-facing-new-charges/

Actually, I've just found the Ontario board which only states that one must disclose a conviction but nothing about whether this would disqualify an applicant/member. It certainly doesn't disqualify one from applying or practicing without a license, which would just be rich, IMO.

http://www.cco.on.ca/english/Prospective-Members/Becoming-a-Member/Registration-Requirements/

The criminal record will haunt her. She won't be eligible for a lot of jobs and she will be restricted when travelling. I'm sure there are a lot of other things it will prevent her from doing which IMO is great!

BOSMA: Time served for Christina Noudga
The 24-year-old was charged with being an accessory after the fact to the murder of Tim Bosma in May 2013. She pleaded guilty to destroying evidence.

33nwxh2.jpg

John Rennison,The Hamilton Spectator
Christina Noudga, centre, and her lawyer Brian Greenspan arriving at court Tuesday morning.

25t8c9c.jpg

John Rennison,The Hamilton Spectator
Christina Noudga arriving at court Tuesday morning.

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/6980134-bosma-time-served-for-christina-noudga/

She will definitely be restricted on entering certain countries. I have a friend who had a DUI charge on her record. She wasn't able to get a pardon for 5 years. So there will be no family trips to Walt Disney World anytime soon I would imagine.

Other countries may not care that she has a criminal record and grant her admission.

She will definitely be impacted on some things that go on in her life and that's OK with me.

She will definitely be restricted on entering certain countries. I have a friend who had a DUI charge on her record. She wasn't able to get a pardon for 5 years. So there will be no family trips to Walt Disney World anytime soon I would imagine.

Other countries may not care that she has a criminal record and grant her admission.

She will definitely be impacted on some things that go on in her life and that's OK with me.

So no trips over the border to do any outlet or ammunition shopping? Poor thing. ;)

Perhaps this is a reasonable outcome.

I doubt she'll ever recover.

Neither will Tim Bosma, so I feel a bit better that she may "pay" for this crime over time, in inconvenience, in shame, in missed job opportunities, in reputation (herself and her immediate family), etc.......

We have a legal system more than a justice system. There is no justice in having her not realize any serious consequences for her disgusting actions.
So, what's next... CN, rabbit, and SS can go celebrate?

Hoping the civil trial rewards large.

Let's say they had proceeded with the trial and she got acquitted of the accessory charge. Could she have still been found guilty of the lesser charges of obstructing justice and destroying evidence?

Let's say they had proceeded with the trial and she got acquitted of the accessory charge. Could she have still been found guilty of the lesser charges of obstructing justice and destroying evidence?

I think this where the crown has to ask the tough questions of their case. Is it worth going to trial and making the family endure another trial for a high likely hood of the same result or maybe even nothing. The risk isn't worth the reward.

I think this where the crown has to ask the tough questions of their case. Is it worth going to trial and making the family endure another trial for a high likely hood of the same result or maybe even nothing. The risk isn't worth the reward.

I'm trying to understand CN's perspective and why she made the plea. If she felt she had a strong chance of beating the accessory charge, was there still a risk of being found guilty of a lesser charge? Or, did it have more to do with saving her public reputation? I imagine that even if she was acquitted of the accessory charge the public would still view her as guilty, and a three week trial would draw way more attention to her than this plea deal will.

I'm trying to understand CN's perspective and why she made the plea. If she felt she had a strong chance of beating the accessory charge, was there still a risk of being found guilty of a lesser charge? Or, did it have more to do with saving her public reputation? I imagine that even if she was acquitted of the accessory charge the public would still view her as guilty, and a three week trial would draw way more attention to her than this plea deal will.

I view it like sports when something is left in the judges hands anything can happen. This was away to guarantee she walked away free woman today. I imagine Greenspan told her the odds were likely to be this result or possibly worse. That taking this today she gets to walk away with free and with a lot less money spent. This will quickly take her out of the spotlight as well and within a couple years she will likely become a forgotten name.

And a three week trial might have cost Noudga another $100K in legal fees, if not more.

I just came across this:

http://cnews.canoe.com/CNEWS/Crime/2016/11/22/22684955.html

Noudga, an Oakville resident, was arrested about a year after Bosma died and charged with accessory after the fact but she pleaded guilty to the lesser but included offence today on the morning her trial was scheduled to begin.

“There would have been insufficient evidence to find her guilty on the accessory charge,” said Justice Toni Skarica while passing sentence

I wonder now with her sentencing over if any information that was under a publication ban will be released - as it pertains to CN.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Puddy
Back