Christmas photos

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ames - I won't even begin to go into how harmful modeling has been to some young girls make up or no make up. They never think they are skinny enough or edgy enough or high fashion enough. It's also a very judgmental environment. I'm shocked that you can't see the irony.

Agents can place children who look like natural children for modeling, hence they don't like make up on youngsters. Make up on kids is a no-no in modeling because of what they are looking for and selling. Pageants want girls to look like made up little beauty queens and little girls playing the ultimate game of dress up. Do I think it's weird. Yup. But it is what it is and nothing more.

Both can be harmful in instances, but on the whole...there is a lot more public criticism of modeling in the media for the images it suggests girls should live up to.

Thank God, it is changing with Heidi and Tyra etc. but the runway mentality will never change. Skinny is it baby.

I don't think either is harmful if the child really wants to do it and they are grounded by non-sociopathic parents.

Ames - I won't even begin to go into how harmful modeling has been to some young girls make up or no make up. They never think they are skinny enough or edgy enough or high fashion enough. It's also a very judgmental environment. I'm shocked that you can't see the irony.

Agents can place children who look like natural children for modeling, hence they don't like make up on youngsters. Make up on kids is a no-no in modeling because of what they are looking for and selling. Pageants want girls to look like made up little beauty queens and little girls playing the ultimate game of dress up. Do I think it's weird. Yup. But it is what it is and nothing more.

Both can be harmful in instances, but on the whole...there is a lot more public criticism of modeling in the media for the images it suggests girls should live up to.

Thank God, it is changing with Heidi and Tyra etc. but the runway mentality will never change. Skinny is it baby.

I don't think either is harmful if the child really wants to do it and they are grounded by non-sociopathic parents.

My child really does want to do it...now, I don't know what she will want a year from now. So, its probably something that she will not stay in for long. So, I am guessing that she will not do it long enough to worry about if she is skinny enough or not. And she is grounded by non-sociopathic parents.

I don't have a peoblem with Lil Miss beauty pageants if the young girls don't have to change everything about themselves..They have the right to be themselves and Moms should be proud of they way the are and PR didn't go to Miss America and I wonder if she thought it was the color of her hair.. Cause how I here more of Nedra like mother like daughter..

I don't have a peoblem with Lil Miss beauty pageants if the young girls don't have to change everything about themselves..They have the right to be themselves and Moms should be proud of they way the are and PR didn't go to Miss America and I wonder if she thought it was the color of her hair.. Cause how I here more of Nedra like mother like daughter..

Patsy was Miss West Virginia in 1977, and her sister Pam, won the same title in 1980. Patsy went to the Miss America pageant, but obviously didn't win.

This is a webpage of all of the contestants in the 1978 Miss America Pageant...Patsy is at the bottom.
http://www.geocities.com/missusamagicf/MA1978Delegates.html

Well maybe PR felt like there was something wrong with the way she looked, and if her sister didn't win either.. Cause something pushed her the way she done JB..

Well maybe PR felt like there was something wrong with the way she looked, and if her sister didn't win either.. Cause something pushed her the way she done JB..

Makes sense. Maybe that is why she wanted JB's hair so blonde, since it was naturally brown.

Actually, I believe there are more brunette Miss Americas than there are blondes.

You may be right...I have no idea.

My ex-brother in law and my sister were judges for our state's beauty pageant, for many years. I could ask them, they might know the answer.

I was just trying to figure out why Patsy may have wanted JB's hair blonde...instead of brown. She may have believed that she would win more pageants with blonde hair. Who knows...

You may be right...I have no idea.

My ex-brother in law and my sister were judges for our state's beauty pageant, for many years. I could ask them, they might know the answer.

I was just trying to figure out why Patsy may have wanted JB's hair blonde...instead of brown. She may have believed that she would win more pageants with blonde hair. Who knows...

Maybe she was going for the Marilyn Monroe look. (After all, didn't she once have JB made up like MM, complete with name badge?)

Maybe she was going for the Marilyn Monroe look. (After all, didn't she once have JB made up like MM, complete with name badge?)

Yep, she did. Maybe she was thinking that Blondes had more fun...:confused:

Maybe PR felt like she didn't live up to Nedra's expectations and PR wanted JB to live up to them..

Strange even Marilyn Monroe had brown hair before she went blond...

She obviously thought that JB looked better for some reason...with blonde hair. Yep, and you are right MM was a brunette, before going blonde.

The 1978 Miss america looked like a natural dark blonde, (the pic is black and white), so i wonder if the idea the change of hair colour came from the child beauty pagents.

The 1978 Miss america looked like a natural dark blonde, (the pic is black and white), so i wonder if the idea the change of hair colour came from the child beauty pagents.

I think that you may be right. I thought about that, too. Patsy may have thought there were more blonde child winners...and thought that she would give JB an "edge" by changing her hair color. I read somewhere on the net last night that about 1/3 of Miss America winners have been blonde, but that there have been more blondes than brunettes...in Playboy. For what THAT is worth.

It wasn't just Patsy. We've seen those Pageant videos on YouTube. Those moms were right up there with Patsy, if not more so. Wigs, heavy makeup, dresses costing thousands.

Also to me them lil girls looked to have fake smiles so really I think the Moms should be up there than the lil girls cause with fake smiles can't see where they enjoy doing pageants JMO..

After reading up on PR beauty pageant 'career' it appears that instead of changing her physical appearrance to move up the rankings she took notes backstage and shortened her Miss Brodie reading. She must have felt she could win as a brunette.

It wasn't just Patsy. We've seen those Pageant videos on YouTube. Those moms were right up there with Patsy, if not more so. Wigs, heavy makeup, dresses costing thousands.

YEP! AND...fake, spay tans, AND fake teeth, called "FLIPPERS", custom made for little girls, that have lost a tooth or two. And some of them looked so fake, (which they ARE), that it's funny looking.

Tazed myself AND had other people do it to me at my request! THAT's how much I care about this case!

dear god, that is some dedication. I read an essay somewhere online a guy who'd tazed himself for curiosity wrote, very harrowing to read I know that much :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cnc1967
Back