Chuck and Judith Cox file for custody

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think those kids are going to reveal that JP and SP spoke to them about sex, degraded woman, was teaching them SP sick demented thinking that JP also learned and willingly adopted.

That article mentions "Josh's mentally disabled brother"....???? does anyone have an inventory of the occupants of the Powell compound? :crazy:

As far as I know the home residents are SP (who is now in jail), JP and his two bros and a sister. All adults.

What do you think that means that he wants a say on who the counselor is. Does he know all the counselors in the area? Or does he just mean to bribe or threaten one, and that's the one he wants his kids to have. Kids are a possession to him. I'll bet he doesn't know the color of their eyes or what their favorite things even are. I am starting to worry, too, about the safety of the boys if he thinks they'll talk.

I hope someone told him that he'll be getting a bill from the counselors, and the state won't be footin the bill. My guess is a counselor will be recommended, he'll pitch a fit, then on to the next counselor, rinse and repeat. IMHO SP will do whatever it takes to keep the boys from talking to anyone.

I'm also sorry the court agreed to providing him with input. It just provides another location for him to stake out in the event he wants to kidnap them :(

MOOOO

Mel

My respect for Mr. Cox and his composure and dignity is growing by the minute. Nuff said!

Hopefully, the station will make the archive available for viewing at a later time. It was difficult to hear the video, I had my volume on high and the video on the screen as well, still could hardly hear. But it's the demeanor of JP that's interesting.

Boy, he sure doesn't act like they said he did. But then he kinda' wants to, but it is the judge, after all.

The truth of the matter is, there's going to be a hearing in November, a status hearing. IF JP wants to persue it further and the Cox do as well, there will be a TRIAL and JP HAS to get himself an attorney and TESTIFY UNDER OATH!!

Just a matter of time.
:behindbar

Just a matter of time.
;)
fran

Yep, the way things are unfolding (to put it lightly) there will be no custody hearing in Nov. He will need a Defense Attn. Hmmm but in thinking about it.....no wait, just let him be behind bars with Papa dearest et all friends with similar interests.:sick:

That article mentions "Josh's mentally disabled brother"....???? does anyone have an inventory of the occupants of the Powell compound? :crazy:

Brother Michael, who has been a Democratic candidate for the state legislature at least twice, but never won;

Brother John, who is the schizophrenic, bi-polar brother who runs around naked and leers at the neighbors;

Josh and the two boys;

Youngest sister Alina who we know little about, except she supports JP and SP.

None of them have jobs, and all live in a 5 bedroom, 3200 sq ft house. Well, now that SP is arrested, I guess they can spread out a little and Josh can move into daddy's bedroom and stop sharing with the boys.

See? You close a door and open a window and all that other positive thinking stuff!

The good thing here is the DA got to hear all of JP excuses and now know how to counter those excuses. JP got boxed in basically.

From the article we saw this morning, seems all they have to do is show pictures of Susan. The oldest MAY even tell them where 'mommy, owee!'

just sayin'
fran

That's what is just so sad in all of this. I hope they are young enough to be counseled and live a "normal" life. Honestly, I hope they don't have to answer any hard questions in any setting except counseling. How much can they possibly remember around the time Susan went missing? Weren't they just 2 and 4? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I hope someone told him that he'll be getting a bill from the counselors, and the state won't be footin the bill. My guess is a counselor will be recommended, he'll pitch a fit, then on to the next counselor, rinse and repeat. IMHO SP will do whatever it takes to keep the boys from talking to anyone.

I'm also sorry the court agreed to providing him with input. It just provides another location for him to stake out in the event he wants to kidnap them :(

MOOOO

Mel

Someone else pointed out that the school could be an issue if they keep him in the same school.

JP would have established at least some type of acquaintance to the teacher by now. He will be familiar with the school property. They will already know his face so he won't be a stranger.

But I think the "input on the counselor" thing was a control issue for him. He repeatedly asked for different things and they were shot down. He did manage to control the "no church" issue and the input on the counselor.

On the no church issue, the judge didn't really say no church. She just set JP's visitation during the church time. So what happens if JP misses a visitation? Do the boys go to church?

I think that we may be dealing with a case of misunderstanding here. The judge said that Josh could have input regarding choice of councellor for the kids. "Input" does not mean that he gets to choose. It means that he can say what he thinks and the judge will consider his opinion.

I allow my teenagers to have input in some decisions. Sometimes they get their way and sometimes the don't because I am the decider.

I think that we may be dealing with a case of misunderstanding here. The judge said that Josh could have input regarding choice of councellor for the kids. "Input" does not mean that he gets to choose. It means that he can say what he thinks and the judge will consider his opinion.

I allow my teenagers to have input in some decisions. Sometimes they get their way and sometimes the don't because I am the decider.

True. And it is kind of funny that she didn't go into it more with him as the Coxes have already told the court who they have chosen to see the kids. She didn't give him an opportunity to object to the therapist.

A couple of comments.

First, the Judge did not say Josh gets to decide who the counselor will be. She said he is allowed to have "input". She had to do at least that -- she's got the father in front of her, and she is taking his children away even though he is not proven (yet) to have done anything unlawful. She's protecting her ruling...which is the same as protecting the children. This will simply mean that Joshy is one of several people having a say in who the counselor will be -- the State (AG), the Guardian ad Litum, the Coxes, and Joshy Boy. And when it ends up back in Court because Little Joshy Boy pitches a hissy fit, what do you think the Judge will do? Hm?

Secondly, in this country (thank the good Lord), the taxpayers do not pay for everyone and his Aunt Sally to have a lawyer in every damn civil proceeding that comes along. You think you pay a lot of taxes now...try that out for size. In most custody proceedings, there is also a marital matter going on. And the costs of attorneys for both sides are often allocated to the "marital estate" (which often means the monied or working spouse pays for the other spouse's attorney). When a party does not have counsel, as others have suggested, the courts go a long way to indulge them, to allow them to speak their minds, even at times to help them along with it. Judge Nelson did some of that today (I'm sure holding her nose all the while). Judges know the law, and they can discern the facts. It's wise to have a lawyer, and most people can manage to come up with one; but it's not essential. Plus I doubt he's indigent. Yet.

As I am reading it, the Coxes will be in Washington for this period, not in Utah. So I don't think the kids would be running into Susan's friends from church there (or would she have friends from the local LDS church there, as well?).

This is just Round 2.

Round 1 -- Put Daddy behind bars and keep him there.
Round 2 -- Get the kids into a protective environment.

Round 3 will be -- Get Joshy Boy off the streets, too, for the protection of everyone involved. Round 3 will be fun to watch.

Round 4 - Find Susan.

Brother Michael, who has been a Democratic candidate for the state legislature at least twice, but never won;

Brother John, who is the schizophrenic, bi-polar brother who runs around naked and leers at the neighbors;

snip

See? You close a door and open a window and all that other positive thinking stuff!

Oh my. Those children should never go back to that house if there is an adult man there who running around naked and leering at neighbors (the poor neighbors to these people!). How scary for little ones to see that.

Josh and the two boys;

None of them have jobs, and all live in a 5 bedroom, 3200 sq ft house. Well, now that SP is arrested, I guess they can spread out a little and Josh can move into daddy's bedroom and stop sharing with the boys.

Ok, I knew about Michael and his political career. HE is living with daddy? :banghead:

The others I didn't know about. This so called **family** redefines the word DYSFUNCTIONAL on every level.

I need to go & bleach my brain now - this is too much..

I think those kids are going to reveal that JP and SP spoke to them about sex, degraded woman, was teaching them SP sick demented thinking that JP also learned and willingly adopted.

I don't think the children can remember clearly now what happened back in "09, but it will definitely be apparent what their thoughts are and what they have picked up from the Powell household when talking with the therapist, imo.

A couple of comments.

First, the Judge did not say Josh gets to decide who the counselor will be. She said he is allowed to have "input". She had to do at least that -- she's got the father in front of her, and she is taking his children away even though he is not proven (yet) to have done anything unlawful. She's protecting her ruling...which is the same as protecting the children. This will simply mean that Joshy is one of several people having a say in who the counselor will be -- the State (AG), the Guardian ad Litum, the Coxes, and Joshy Boy. And when it ends up back in Court because Little Joshy Boy pitches a hissy fit, what do you think the Judge will do? Hm?

Secondly, in this country (thank the good Lord), the taxpayers do not pay for everyone and his Aunt Sally to have a lawyer in every damn civil proceeding that comes along. You think you pay a lot of taxes now...try that out for size. In most custody proceedings, there is also a marital matter going on. And the costs of attorneys for both sides are often allocated to the "marital estate" (which often means the monied or working spouse pays for the other spouse's attorney). When a party does not have counsel, as others have suggested, the courts go a long way to indulge them, to allow them to speak their minds, even at times to help them along with it. Judge Nelson did some of that today (I'm sure holding her nose all the while). Judges know the law, and they can discern the facts. It's wise to have a lawyer, and most people can manage to come up with one; but it's not essential. Plus I doubt he's indigent. Yet.

As I am reading it, the Coxes will be in Washington for this period, not in Utah. So I don't think the kids would be running into Susan's friends from church there (or would she have friends from the local LDS church there, as well?).

This is just Round 2.

Round 1 -- Put Daddy behind bars and keep him there.
Round 2 -- Get the kids into a protective environment.

Round 3 will be -- Get Joshy Boy off the streets, too, for the protection of everyone involved. Round 3 will be fun to watch.

Round 4 - Find Susan.

I think round 3 is going to involve Josh sitting down with the FBI and talking about things. I have a feeling Josh walked out of there thinking it was all BS and the only reason they are keeping the kids is because they can't find Susan. I think he is going to figure out a way to tell them where she "might" be. They will destroy him in the process.

Never underestimate a child's memory. My 7 year old daughter can remember a dog of mine that was put to sleep when she was just 2 years old. She recognizes her picture and remembers her name. I put those pictures away shortly after the dog was euthanized, because of how hard it was to look at them. We moved when she was 5, and she remembered the dog. She still recognizes her picture to this day and will ask about Sienna.

So though they may not remember all the details, they could potentially remember enough bits and pieces.

Josh and the two boys;

BBM

Love that sentiment, gwenabob. :angel:

IMO

Even if they never find Susan, which at this point they may not, if they can prove Josh was also into the child *advertiser censored* then they can put Josh away for a long time, which is a FEDERAL crime. And the Federal courts don't kid around. The sentences are longer and they require that more time actually be served. None of this time off for good behavior. At this point I just want to ensure that Josh isn't the one to raise these two boys. From all that has come out Josh was programmed about women from his father and I have belief that Josh absolutely intends on programming his sons the same way.

This article just brings me to this article: Husband of missing Utah mom not getting kids back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member