Chuck and Judith Cox file for custody

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of comments.

First, the Judge did not say Josh gets to decide who the counselor will be. She said he is allowed to have "input". She had to do at least that -- she's got the father in front of her, and she is taking his children away even though he is not proven (yet) to have done anything unlawful. She's protecting her ruling...which is the same as protecting the children. This will simply mean that Joshy is one of several people having a say in who the counselor will be -- the State (AG), the Guardian ad Litum, the Coxes, and Joshy Boy. And when it ends up back in Court because Little Joshy Boy pitches a hissy fit, what do you think the Judge will do? Hm?

Secondly, in this country (thank the good Lord), the taxpayers do not pay for everyone and his Aunt Sally to have a lawyer in every damn civil proceeding that comes along. You think you pay a lot of taxes now...try that out for size. In most custody proceedings, there is also a marital matter going on. And the costs of attorneys for both sides are often allocated to the "marital estate" (which often means the monied or working spouse pays for the other spouse's attorney). When a party does not have counsel, as others have suggested, the courts go a long way to indulge them, to allow them to speak their minds, even at times to help them along with it. Judge Nelson did some of that today (I'm sure holding her nose all the while). Judges know the law, and they can discern the facts. It's wise to have a lawyer, and most people can manage to come up with one; but it's not essential. Plus I doubt he's indigent. Yet.

As I am reading it, the Coxes will be in Washington for this period, not in Utah. So I don't think the kids would be running into Susan's friends from church there (or would she have friends from the local LDS church there, as well?).

This is just Round 2.

Round 1 -- Put Daddy behind bars and keep him there.
Round 2 -- Get the kids into a protective environment.

Round 3 will be -- Get Joshy Boy off the streets, too, for the protection of everyone involved. Round 3 will be fun to watch.

Round 4 - Find Susan.

I have a question. LOL I always have questions!

Judge didn't actually say no church did she? She just set the visitation up so that it was during church times. So what happens if JP doesn't attend the visitation?

Can the Cox's take them to church? Would it be advisable for them to take them to church?

A couple of comments.

First, the Judge did not say Josh gets to decide who the counselor will be. She said he is allowed to have "input". She had to do at least that -- she's got the father in front of her, and she is taking his children away even though he is not proven (yet) to have done anything unlawful. She's protecting her ruling...which is the same as protecting the children. This will simply mean that Joshy is one of several people having a say in who the counselor will be -- the State (AG), the Guardian ad Litum, the Coxes, and Joshy Boy. And when it ends up back in Court because Little Joshy Boy pitches a hissy fit, what do you think the Judge will do? Hm?

Secondly, in this country (thank the good Lord), the taxpayers do not pay for everyone and his Aunt Sally to have a lawyer in every damn civil proceeding that comes along. You think you pay a lot of taxes now...try that out for size. In most custody proceedings, there is also a marital matter going on. And the costs of attorneys for both sides are often allocated to the "marital estate" (which often means the monied or working spouse pays for the other spouse's attorney). When a party does not have counsel, as others have suggested, the courts go a long way to indulge them, to allow them to speak their minds, even at times to help them along with it. Judge Nelson did some of that today (I'm sure holding her nose all the while). Judges know the law, and they can discern the facts. It's wise to have a lawyer, and most people can manage to come up with one; but it's not essential. Plus I doubt he's indigent. Yet.

As I am reading it, the Coxes will be in Washington for this period, not in Utah. So I don't think the kids would be running into Susan's friends from church there (or would she have friends from the local LDS church there, as well?).

This is just Round 2.

Round 1 -- Put Daddy behind bars and keep him there.
Round 2 -- Get the kids into a protective environment.

Round 3 will be -- Get Joshy Boy off the streets, too, for the protection of everyone involved. Round 3 will be fun to watch.

Round 4 - Find Susan.

Nice post...:scale:

Apparently. Steve Powell got custody of his 4 minor children even though he is a hard core *advertiser censored* addict and showed *advertiser censored* movies to his 11 year old daughter and was teaching small children about sexual intercourse and birth control!!

Okay, I don't want to get myself in trouble here. I thought I had posted this, but now I don't see it. If I posted it and a mod deleted it, I'm so sorry! I'm working while I check in here, so I'm a little scatter-brained.

This is just a small portion of what is a LONG post at this Yahoo group. (Edit: Actually, now that I think about it, I think I did post it - which means a mod deleted it. Sorry, mods - I'm still learning the ins and outs about posting here. I thought I could post a quote if I didn't post the whole thing? Look below. I've summarized it this time. If that still doesn't work, feel free to delete it. And accept my apologies? :) I'm really trying to obey the rules - I'm not a troublemaker. I promise!)

Actually, I learned from reading Steve's ramblings today that the court awarded the two youngest children (age 7 and 9, at the time) to his ex-wife, and the two oldest chose to live with him.

Paraphrasing his words (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Exmormon/message/40691): He went through a divorce, and a religious counselor who had been assigned by the state awarded the youngest children to his ex-wife. He was really angry about this, because his ex-wife was an idiot, and he is really, really great at pretty much everything. Blah blah blah. Yada yada yada. He thinks Mary probably stopped contributing to Jesus's upbringing by the time Jesus was eight. Later, he says he thinks the entire Bible is pretty much BS, though. He refers to the Son of God as "Jeez." No, I'm not kidding - he calls him "Jeez."

You have to register with the group to read the rest of that, but it's highly enlightening. This will come as a shock to a lot of you, but Steve is a bit of a misogynist. He goes on in that post about how society is biased towards mothers, and how he was the only one who provided any kind of care to his children.

It's been a long day folks...been here all day following the proceedings. I am breathing a sigh of relief that those babies are out of that depraved household. Praying that the investigation is going to gain some steam and the Coxes will have some closure and can move on with raising the boys in a normal and healthy family.
Simon-out!

I have a question. LOL I always have questions!

Judge didn't actually say no church did she? She just set the visitation up so that it was during church times. So what happens if JP doesn't attend the visitation?

Can the Cox's take them to church? Would it be advisable for them to take them to church?

I assume there will be a signed Order entered by the Court and we will get some clarity on questions like that. But what I understood was that the Judge was accepting Joshy Boy's objection to having the children taken to the church attended by the Coxes (which I believe would be the LDS church, same as Susan). So I think what she was saying is that they can't take the boys to "that church".

Given that, she appeared to think that the most logical time for weekly visitation would be during church time. So that's what she set up.

I'm guessing that the Order could be modified (on a motion by the Coxes for example) to provide that the Coxes could take the boys to some other church. In which case, the visitation time could be modified. Joshy Boy would whine and piss and moan that he was now counting on visiting on Sunday mornings, and so the Judge would say, OK, fine, then the Coxes can take them to afternoon services and you can visit in the morning. La de da.

At least that's my take...from 3000 miles away.

ETA: Church is often an issue in custody proceedings. Usually the two (dueling) parents disagree about which church, or any church, etc. Parents are accorded great weight in making religious decisions and it is a hard balance to strike. With only one parent to speak, the Court had to give some deference to that parent's wishes regarding religious decisions...even if the parent in question is a slimy little weasel.

C'mon...someone has to have a pic of Josh after court!!!!

Well, was keeping up with this at work and thought it was over and missed the 2nd half apparently. Josh, Josh, Josh, looks like you struck out. And you know what's next Joshie??? 3 up, 3 down. I cannot believe the arrogance of this guy and taking pics of legs???? OMG -- who does that and better yet, who admits it?? All this talk of pics and parks makes me think of that sick creep that had Jaycee on that tape, are you gettin me, are you gettin me real good??? I mean how much evil is walking around with us?

I hope that Susan is found soon and it will be interesting to see what Josh does now. His Daddyo is gone, and his right and left arms are gone. Now what will he do?? I'll bet he is seething.

C'mon...someone has to have a pic of Josh after court!!!!

I "snapped" (print screen) this right after the ruling was announced that the kids would be staying with the Cox's.

jp1g.jpg

I "snapped" (print screen) this right after the ruling was announced that the kids would be staying with the Cox's.

jp1g.jpg

IMO and only IMO, this is not the face of a suicidal individual.

This IMO is the face of a person doing a lot of rapid math in his head while trying to calculate his next move.

This IMO is the face of a person doing a lot of rapid math in his head while trying to calculate his next move.

I agree! He's also angry not sad and very aware of the cameras, IMO

JMO

Ynot, I couldn't agree more. Which is why I said that Josh isn't as stupid as he might appear. He was choosing his words VERY carefully, some thought he was rambling it appeared to me the wheels were turning in his head and was calculating every word. He also appeared to me to be in a slow white hot rage inside.

There were reasons he made every request and questioned the judges authority at every turn. He wanted to control some aspects and there was a reason for every request. Make no mistake Josh is far more calculating and manipulative than I ever thought possible. Although without his father he is surely bound to make some huge blunders.

And he made several today. He boxed himself in to a lot of things he should have known better not to do.

I still think it was Josh who actually killed Susan. Now I just think Josh and his father plotted her murder together. And I wouldn't be surprised if Josh met his father that night and they disposed of her body together.

BTW, just a quick thought.

There is no LDS Church services this weekend. It's the semi-annual LDS General Conference. It's held in SLC, and broadcast around the world via satellite, or on KBYU. No regular church services are held on General Conference weekend.

I wonder how that's going to work for visitation. I guess the Coxes don't have to be at church for him to get his three hours.

After reading these tweets on JP's replies / excuses... I wait for a drum roll and the curtains to open and the three stooges dance across the screen in baggy pants and bowlers. His rationalization of everything Powell would be funny if this were not such a serious situation. Speaking of that, has anyone informed JP this IS serious?

I don't think that photo ever was on the wall but if it were .....
JP you lived there, and still do, it either was or it wasn't, geesh.

Ynot, I couldn't agree more. Which is why I said that Josh isn't as stupid as he might appear. He was choosing his words VERY carefully, some thought he was rambling it appeared to me the wheels were turning in his head and was calculating every word. He also appeared to me to be in a slow white hot rage inside.

There were reasons he made every request and questioned the judges authority at every turn. He wanted to control some aspects and there was a reason for every request. Make no mistake Josh is far more calculating and manipulative than I ever thought possible. Although without his father he is surely bound to make some huge blunders.

And he made several today. He boxed himself in to a lot of things he should have known better not to do.

I still think it was Josh who actually killed Susan. Now I just think Josh and his father plotted her murder together. And I wouldn't be surprised if Josh met his father that night and they disposed of her body together.

He was trying to think what would Daddy Dearest have me do? :sick:

Did they order a psych eval for him, leading up to the Nov 15th hearing? I know he agreed to one but I didn't get the feed on that part so I'm wondering. I had one of those long ago in a custody fight. He might shoot himself in the foot at his own kitchen table, if he has to complete one of those.

JMO

grayjay, to the best of my recollection, the judge ordered and JP agreed to a psych eval to help determine future placement of the children.

Will scamper back and try to bring up the tweet indicating same.

I hope someone told him that he'll be getting a bill from the counselors, and the state won't be footin the bill. My guess is a counselor will be recommended, he'll pitch a fit, then on to the next counselor, rinse and repeat. IMHO SP will do whatever it takes to keep the boys from talking to anyone.

I'm also sorry the court agreed to providing him with input. It just provides another location for him to stake out in the event he wants to kidnap them :(

MOOOO

Mel

Good post Melanie and I understand your concern about Josh having input on who should counsel the children. However, if I can add, it might not be such a bad idea to have Josh's input.

He will have to speak his objections toward each and every counselor. I think it's a good idea to have Josh talking to officials. The more he says, the more he will show his true concerns and fears about the children being with outsiders. I believe he is really stressed that the boys will tell what they know or perceive about their mother's disappearance and the home life with Josh and grandpa since that time.

With his insistance of wanting input into who counsels the boys, he's put himself and his thoughts in the spotlight even more. He's bound to slip up and reveal something critical. I'm betting on that.
JMO

Brooke4Trib

Josh: For record, he objects to the placement; agrees to undergo psychological evaluations as part of service plan for getting children back
BBM

This should be a given...he will fail miserably...

Here it is. Thanks to JustJax!

This photo gives me the creeps. Just as the videos of him immediately follow Susan's disappearance made me wonder about him. He continued to "sneak" a peek at the cameras in a suspicious way as he carried his younger son around. Does anyone else remember those video cuts?

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members