Chuck and Judith Cox file for custody

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think John's is probably SSI, but I was under the impression Alina is ex-military of some sort, so maybe she gets a stipend for attending school? He didn't say they were *employed.*

I am dying to know what/where Josh's employment is!

Depending on the age John was when he was diagnosed he could be drawing social security on his father's claim. If he was diagnosed as a juvenile he could draw on his father's pay in.

According to the article, Jennifer has said that JP is possibly showing signs of mental illness. I wonder if she is basing that on personal/phone contact or on what she is seeing in media?

...Interesting..., is she helping by already planting the idea/seed for an insanity plead for a future murder trial, JMO...

Heh. Well, I do think he has some sort of mental illness, but we all know mental illness does not equal insanity by the law's definition. He certainly shows a consciousness of guilt and wrong-doing.

I don't think any of this is going to matter, because I believe Joshy Boy will be indicted before the November custody hearing. Not for the murder (yet), but for kiddy *advertiser censored* and voyeurism, just like Big Daddy. I had to laugh when he said, at the last hearing, "some of my father's stuff might be on my computer." Yeah, right. The sad thing is, orange just really isn't his color...

Were these documents filed before or after the court appearance where custody of the boys was given to the Cox family? If filed before, obviously the judge didn't think that the "declarations" held up to the standard of proving Josh fit. I am hoping beyond hope that Just-a-Guy is right!! I hope that Josh is :behindbar before the next hearing!! I feel extremely sad for the boys to lose their father to jail; however, I completely believe that they are in the right place for them now.

Were these documents filed before or after the court appearance where custody of the boys was given to the Cox family? If filed before, obviously the judge didn't think that the "declarations" held up to the standard of proving Josh fit. I am hoping beyond hope that Just-a-Guy is right!! I hope that Josh is :behindbar before the next hearing!! I feel extremely sad for the boys to lose their father to jail; however, I completely believe that they are in the right place for them now.

The article says "filed recently." I think they are getting the declarations in before the Nov. hearing.

"Josh has a stable job and a good income, and John and Alina both have incomes as well. Alina has been helping to care for the children and is still available to do that."

Can anyone verify if Josh is employed? I thought he had been unemployed since moving to Washington.

Aren't both John and Alina disabled? And their income is from SSI disability?

I thought I read in one of these threads awhile back that Josh was employed by a car dealership in Puyallup as a salesman. I'll try to find the exact post.

I thought I read in one of these threads awhile back that Josh was employed by a car dealership in Puyallup as a salesman. I'll try to find the exact post.

Yes, I heard that as well. That being my exact point. Selling cars in this ecomony does NOT pay well even if he does still have the job. I can't imagine Josh is able to close very many sales.

Heh. Well, I do think he has some sort of mental illness, but we all know mental illness does not equal insanity by the law's definition. He certainly shows a consciousness of guilt and wrong-doing.

Those were my thoughts too.

Would You Buy A Used Car From This Man?

Josh_Powell.jpg

http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/dailyweekly/Josh_Powell.jpg

I wouldn't use the term "man" to describe that little weasel. I think the word they'll use for him in the Big House will be more like "boy". Perhaps with a descriptive word or adjective preceding it.

I'm surprised that his mother is submitting supporting affidavits. Doesn't she live with Jennifer Graves? The poor woman must live in terror of her disgusting ex-husband.

... But, as much as I hate what I see on this planet day to day, I take some comfort in knowing that these creeps will get their just deserts. Thanks to LE for that. That and their own stupidity.

I wouldn't use the term "man" to describe that little weasel. I think the word they'll use for him in the Big House will be more like "boy". Perhaps with a descriptive word or adjective preceding it.

I'm surprised that his mother is submitting supporting affidavits. Doesn't she live with Jennifer Graves? The poor woman must live in terror of her disgusting ex-husband.

... But, as much as I hate what I see on this planet day to day, I take some comfort in knowing that these creeps will get their just deserts. Thanks to LE for that. That and their own stupidity.

I think the mother is filing on his behalf because she's afraid if she doesn't she'll never get to see her grandkids again if he wins, JMO.

Might have been better to just remain quiet - just saying.

Can't think of anything other than Josh going on a campaign blitz to gather as many glowing references in support of his character before his psych evaluation. Obviously, his mother was on the list, and since "blood is thicker than water" she chose not to deny him.

Kinda reminds me of Cindy Anthony lying for KC..:twocents:

I don't think any of this is going to matter, because I believe Joshy Boy will be indicted before the November custody hearing. Not for the murder (yet), but for kiddy *advertiser censored* and voyeurism, just like Big Daddy. I had to laugh when he said, at the last hearing, "some of my father's stuff might be on my computer." Yeah, right. The sad thing is, orange just really isn't his color...

Agree, I wouldn't put too much into what the siblings or the very distance mother state in the declarations, imo. Will the siblings be asked---in more depth, by CPS or the court before judgement is made? Would the siblings be "investigated" as well? As we have seen, one doesn't know what goes on behind closed doors. I'd put more weight on what the psychologists find (JP and the children) and hopefully a doctor's determination if they have suffered any kind of sexual abuse. Won't the children have to see a doctor to rule this out? Little CP's teacher's input? Did the children have playmates in the neighborhood? I didn't see any bikes, toys or a play gym around the yard and thought it was sad, imo.

In all probability, JP was involved because of his statements of photographing people's legs (??) and hopefully the computers will tell much and LE will be able to determine just who did what on them. I don't know about Jen's proclamations of JP's possible mental illness, but SP's statements make me think all his children have issues of some kind.....I don't see how they could avoid it, tbh. I pray none of it is from sexual abuse. It's such a travesty to know SP was given custody and how the system had let them down too. How messed up.....and I hope the others can step out of that box and see how sick their father was/is and how it may be detrimental in their choices and how they live their lives. JMO, IMO, etc.

Hate to be cynical here..but I can't help but wonder who may have coached these declarations...:waitasec:

He has Susan listed as a respondent. So josh, wish you could go back and maybe NOT have gone camping that night? Listing her is really nervy.

"Our loving and stable family unit" If josh says it enough times he may just start to believe it, as for anyone else, not so much.

One thing I was impressed with in TP's declaration. She didn't try to imply she had more contact with the boys. She told how she had contact and how limited it was.

Hate to be cynical here..but I can't help but wonder who may have coached these declarations...:waitasec:

Declarations and affidavits are almost never written by the person who signed them. I write them all the time for people. You generally come up with what you want the person to say, "interview" the person and try to ascertain whether they will agree with what you want them to say, then type it up based on a balance of the above. A lot of times, they are never even read by the person signing them. That's why much of the time anyone who submits one is subject to direct examination, either in a deposition or in a hearing or at trial. You test their mettle and the extent to which they were telling "the truth".

I have no idea how that works in a custody hearing in Washington State. But I don't think Judge Nelson is anybody's fool. They'll be taken for what they are. Which is not much.

Just a Guy do you think these were written by an attorney? Because last we heard JP didn't have an attorney.

Though it would make sense that after losing at the last hearing that he would go out and get an attorney. If he did this attorney is working fast.

According to the article, Jennifer has said that JP is possibly showing signs of mental illness. I wonder if she is basing that on personal/phone contact or on what she is seeing in media?

...Interesting..., is she helping by already planting the idea/seed for an insanity plead for a future murder trial, JMO...

I think she was talking about how Josh was annoyingly talkative before Susan disappeared, and his personality suddenly changed so dramatically. I like to think this can be used against him when push comes to shove, and I don't think Jennifer is the only one who would say it.

:twocents: JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member