Chuck and Judith Cox file for custody

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This was so disturbing to me on so many levels today. As some other posters stated, I didn't expect to hear how utterly psychologically disturbed this family is. I wonder how secretive and clannish they are, because how can a family of what - four, five - adults all be on board with this level of dysfunction? It would be interesting to hear some interviews with neighbors. After having already heard of the pictures of little neighbor girls the poster really got me, and I suspect that was the final straw for the judge. Just OWNING a poster depicting a female with a sword inserted sexually and coming out of her belly is wrong on so many levels. And Josh - why would you take pictures of women's legs???! I really don't get it!

And yes - I do believe we are going to hear much, much more. This isn't going to stop at 14 charges of voyeurism. Uh uh:maddening:!

What is going through my head right now - God! I hope Susan didn't suffer horribly. Where are you?

LOL I was wondering just yesterday if SP would end up trying to get an insanity plea. Or at least that his attorneys will try to get one for him.

And now JP is getting one as a condition of the custody. It will be interesting to see how that turns out.

Because the state doesn't pay for an attorney for a custody hearing. He's not working, so no money.

And he did not do himself any favors by continually questioning the judges orders. The judge will remember this in future hearings.

Yup, it's hard to "untick" off a judge.

Respectfully, BBM.

That disturbs me. I've never heard of such a thing. If so, don't agree with that at all. I just assumed Josh believed (foolishly, arrogantly) that he could handle it himself.

Custody is a civil action. The state only provides a defense for indigent criminal cases. It's the way it has always been.

I respectfully disagree. The guy is a moron.

I don't think he's nearly as stupid as he appears. Casey Anthony appears to do stupid things as well, but she's not.

Both Josh and Casey have one thing in common, what they lack in what others call "booksmarts" they make up for it by manipulating very well. Susan had to stay with Josh for a reason, and I think it's because he manipulated the hell out of her. Josh used some key words that made me think he was trying to win over the Judge. When he realized he never would that's why he insisted on trying to get another judge on a separate matter with the Court. It was clear this Judge was going to retain jurisdiction over all matters and wanted to ensure (and rightly so) that there would never be orders issued that would override or conflict with each other.

Brooke4Trib Brooke Adams
Long also said children will receive counseling and Josh has asked to have input on who that counselor is. State is agreeable to that.
25 seconds ago

Brooke4Trib Brooke Adams
Next hearing would be Nov. 15, with trial within a couple weeks of that, unless other developments or resolution before then.

What do you think that means that he wants a say on who the counselor is. Does he know all the counselors in the area? Or does he just mean to bribe or threaten one, and that's the one he wants his kids to have. Kids are a possession to him. I'll bet he doesn't know the color of their eyes or what their favorite things even are. I am starting to worry, too, about the safety of the boys if he thinks they'll talk.

The Judge handled this very, very well. She's a good judge, very careful, even-keeled, professional. I like her.

I had to smile at the comment about there being a hearing now on November 15, unless this matter is somehow "resolved" by then. :) I have a feeling there will not need to be a hearing on November 15. By then, Little Joshy Boy will have joined Daddy in The Big House.

I'm looking forward to the next few weeks. It's called justice, Joshy.

Custody is a civil action. The state only provides a defense for indigent criminal cases. It's the way it has always been.

So in a typical custody battle, the one with the most financial resources wins?

So in a typical custody battle, the one with the most money wins?

No, in this case the kids stayed with the caretaker who didn't have child *advertiser censored* in their home.

Judges are smart and they take more time when petitioners/respondents are pro se. Judges are capable of seeing through the muck that lands before their bench in family Court cases.

Judges are used to the fact that sometimes one parent won't have the money to get an attorney. They are supposed to take that into account and not hold it against the unrepresented one. Some judges will even allow them a little more leeway. But yeah it can vary by judge and by the attorney.

So in answer to your question, no it isn't supposed to. And sometimes it doesn't. But yes sometimes it does.

It sounds like this judge is going to be one of the ones who allow some leeway on the part of the unrepresented ones. If an attorney had questioned the orders on behalf of his client, the judge would have slapped him down.

What about legal aid....or maybe they wouldn't touch it with the allegations out there?

I only just finished reading this thread, didn't listen to the live feed. A few notes of mine:

1-Josh didn't want them to go to church for a reason and I do not think it is his hatred of the Mormon church. I think the children will be exposed to more of Susan's friends and those kids will remember something or tell someone something.

2-Josh able to choose what councilor the children will have was a big win for him. This worry's me. How many pedophiles have respectful careers? If JP and SP are in a network they would know one of them.

3-The Child going to his school I understand but I'm willing to bet major money that I don't have that JP will attempt to see his child there.

4-JP when he has his supervised visits will attempt to instigate a situation to have the children removed. Either by tattling on the Cox's or accuse the person supervising with something. My guess is JP will constantly complain to where the Children will be returned to foster care.

5-The Cox's has a win but it wasn't a big win for JP still is controlling. I believe the Judge should have been more stern then she was.

Does the Mormon Church have evening church or non Sundays? LOL

What about legal aid....or maybe they wouldn't touch it with the allegations out there?

It depends on the legal aid policies. In some areas legal aid is so overworked that they won't represent in divorces/custody unless there are allegations of domestic violence/child abuse or other dangerous issues. Then they usually represent the victim. But it can depend on the different agency.

I only just finished reading this thread, didn't listen to the live feed. A few notes of mine:

1-Josh didn't want them to go to church for a reason and I do not think it is his hatred of the Mormon church. I think the children will be exposed to more of Susan's friends and those kids will remember something or tell someone something.

2-Josh able to choose what councilor the children will have was a big win for him. This worry's me. How many pedophiles have respectful careers? If JP and SP are in a network they would know one of them.

3-The Child going to his school I understand but I'm willing to bet major money that I don't have that JP will attempt to see his child there.

4-JP when he has his supervised visits will attempt to instigate a situation to have the children removed. Either by tattling on the Cox's or accuse the person supervising with something. My guess is JP will constantly complain to where the Children will be returned to foster care.

5-The Cox's has a win but it wasn't a big win for JP still is controlling. I believe the Judge should have been more stern then she was.

Does the Mormon Church have evening church or non Sundays? LOL

BBM.

I missed that. And if that's what went down I don't like that either. I also tend to agree that Josh and his Father might be in some sort of group. IIRC there is one group out there that actually endorses and promotes child/adult relationships! So it is possible that Josh and his Father have a network of people who enjoy the same extracurricular activities as they do.

What do you think that means that he wants a say on who the counselor is. Does he know all the counselors in the area? Or does he just mean to bribe or threaten one, and that's the one he wants his kids to have. Kids are a possession to him. I'll bet he doesn't know the color of their eyes or what their favorite things even are. I am starting to worry, too, about the safety of the boys if he thinks they'll talk.

I think it's concerns over the religion of therapist, imo. JP is required to seek counseling (which should be interesting)..and I believe I heard Mr. Cox has stated his interest in talking with a counselor also from the CPS statements today..if I didn't here that correctly..let me know. TIA

BBM Poor Josh was grasping... things are out of his control. Any ground he could recover was what he was searching for imo. Annnnd as other posters have noted, his main concern is them talking/incriminating him. I have grave concern for their safety too. We/I can see he is feeling real desperate. But just how Narcissistic is he?! Where will this desperation lead? I hope they stay on him like white on rice.

I worry about the Children, If JP feels pending doom of an arrest or Kids taken from him for good, I think he will adopt the thinking of "if i cannot have my kids nobody will"

Apparently. Steve Powell got custody of his 4 minor children even though he is a hard core *advertiser censored* addict and showed *advertiser censored* movies to his 11 year old daughter and was teaching small children about sexual intercourse and birth control!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gethuman_us