Cincinnati Zoo kills gorilla after child gets into his cage, May 28, 2016

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it normal for a 4 yr old to jump down into water from 15 feet?
Would the same child climb unto a bench and jump over the railing at a mall to the lower level? Or at their home?
To me, that is unusual.
All MOO

I would think it is not "normal" since over 38 years in the zoo, and countless children, no other child gotten into the enclosure.

Is it normal for a 4 yr old to jump down into water from 15 feet?
Would the same child climb unto a bench and jump over the railing at a mall to the lower level? Or at their home?
To me, that is unusual.
All MOO

if you look at how close the shrubs are to the edge i think it makes sense to think he might have fallen, he slips easily through the "wires" in a second, then starts making his way thru the brush (2 feet of it? maybe? and it looks more like ferns and tall grasses, not anything particularly restrictive) and then as soon as he exits the brush he is right at the drop-off and falls, i have known many daredevil kids but i dont know of any that would jump off from that height not knowing what is below them.

but of course to allow for this option you cannot already have made up your mind that the horrible little 4 year old insolent brat purposefully scaled fences and braved concertina wire and dense thickets just to be be a defiant delinquent...

No he did not accidentally fall in, he intentionally went in, and he even stated that he was going to go in.

That is your opinion only. It’s not a fact.

I think all parties are to blame tbh! The mother for not watching her kid, the idiot witnesses that stood by and watched the kid do it but did nothing to stop him, and the Zoo for having it so easy for a kid to even be able to do that. If I was a witness to someones kid walking towards the exhibit I'd a grabbed him or at the very least told the freaking mom that her kid was past the barrier. Like did any of the witnesses even do that? I mean I get the outrage but I'm just as pissed off if not more at the witnesses for standing there watching and doing absolutely nothing. I understand it is ultimately not their responsibility but how could they live with the fact they did nothing? A 4 year old isn't that big! You could easily pick him up physically move him. In fact I think the witnesses are worse than the Mom simply because they actually SAW him doing it! She wasn't even paying attention! Seriously what is worse? A mom who wasn't paying attention to her kid or people who actually SAW the kid go past the barrier and never even grabbed him or or told Mom about it? I mean there is actual witness who give play by plays and have video as to what happened. Where were they? TW I think the mother is just as much to blame. I just find it annoying that there is only outrage at her when there are witnesses who did nothing either. I also think they did right by killing the ape because I saw that video too and that child was being drug hard. He'd a died had they not shot that Ape. And trust me this is coming from the biggest animal lover out there.

That is your opinion only. It’s not a fact.

you would agree that it is a fact that multiple witnesses have said he went thru the "fence" and into the brush on purpose right?
i would agree that it is unclear whether he jumped or fell off the edge into the moat.

I think all parties are to blame tbh! The mother for not watching her kid, the idiot witnesses that stood by and watched the kid do it but did nothing to stop him, and the Zoo for having it so easy for a kid to even be able to do that. If I was a witness to someones kid walking towards the exhibit I'd a grabbed him or at the very least told the freaking mom that her kid was past the barrier. Like did any of the witnesses even do that? I mean I get the outrage but I'm just as pissed off if not more at the witnesses for standing there watching and doing absolutely nothing. I understand it is ultimately not their responsibility but how could they live with the fact they did nothing? A 4 year old isn't that big! You could easily pick him up physically move him. In fact I think the witnesses are worse than the Mom simply because they actually SAW him doing it! She wasn't even paying attention! Seriously what is worse? A mom who wasn't paying attention to her kid or people who actually SAW the kid go past the barrier and never even grabbed him or or told Mom about it? I mean there is actual witness who give play by plays and have video as to what happened. Where were they? TW I think the mother is just as much to blame. I just find it annoying that there is only outrage at her when there are witnesses who did nothing either. I also think they did right by killing the ape because I saw that video too and that child was being drug hard. He'd a died had they not shot that Ape. And trust me this is coming from the biggest animal lover out there.

How much time would a witness have to run over and grab a child who went under those wires before he went through that small bushed area? It likely happened very quickly, and by the time you actually witness and process what is actually happening, the child is already over the edge. I don't blame witnesses for something that happened quickly. Even if the boy said he was going to do it, I wouldn't think it would actually happen. Further, perhaps the witnesses were busy holding the hands of their own children.

Some unedited video.

[video=youtube;QlkE4WrhMaI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlkE4WrhMaI[/video]

^there is a witness report from a woman who was standing right there, saw it happening, tried to get to him, and could not because it happened so fast

for all anyone knows here the mother may have looked away for 2 seconds, but you know, nah she was probably on facebook for several minutes and neglecting her children...

How much time would a witness have to run over and grab a child who went under those wires before he went through that small bushed area? It likely happened very quickly, and by the time you actually witness and process what is actually happening, the child is already over the edge. I don't blame witnesses for something that happened quickly. Even if the boy said he was going to do it, I wouldn't think it would actually happen. Further, perhaps the witnesses were busy holding the hands of their own children.

The witness who took the video sounded like she had plenty of time to grab a hold of him considering she has been giving play by plays of what happeneed in the media. Plus from the info in this thread it sounds to me as if he had to walk through brush in order to get the part where he dropped into the moat.

We were in Bryson City NC this weekend, watching the Smokey Mt railroad/Polar Express come into the station and unload. Sitting near us was some parents with a small child (maybe 4). When the train started moving out, very slowly, whistle blowing loudly, and started picking up speed, a kid about 10 or 12 started running beside it and tried to grab on! He missed and slipped up in the gravel and almost went under the train. The parents by us jumped up screaming and ran after him. They maybe scolded him for 2 minutes, then allowed him to continue on with the other activities.
My spouse and I watched in amazement. We'd have spanked him on the spot and no more fun for him. He would have had to hold my hand for the rest of the trip to learn how to act on a vacation. We are from the old school. We'd probably be in jail if we had a young kid now.
To us, once it happens, once the train runs over your kid or the gorilla pulls him apart, it's too late to fix the problem.
All MOO

you would agree that it is a fact that multiple witnesses have said he went thru the "fence" and into the brush on purpose right?
i would agree that it is unclear whether he jumped or fell off the edge into the moat.

No, I would not agree with any of that. I have not read any credible report from a witness who saw how the child got through the railing. I have also not read one credible report from a witness, that said the child “jumped" over the edge. I’m sure there are not multiple witnesses to anything like that.

I am beginning to see how the Salem Witch Trials occured. Public hysteria is alive and well in America. Please stop believing everything you read. There is zero proof that the mother was on facebook on her cell phone when this happened. The mother has not sued the zoo, so take a deep breath over that happening. If she does, it will take at least a year to file a lawsuit, and you will have zero interest in this story at that point. There is zero proof the mother had her children taken away for neglect. I am pretty sure you need a license to run a daycare, and she would not get one if she had neglect charges. Come on. Anyway, there will be a new villan in a week in America. Remember that dentist who killed Cecil the Lion? So my advice to the mother is...They will all move on in a few days. This is just temporary entertainment for people.

I'm calling it: The next "thing you just know is true" is that she tried to murder her son intentionally and dropped him in the gorilla exhibit.

Excuse me, I, along with millions of other compassionate humans DO NOT find this horrible event as entertainment.:stormingmad::moo:

The witness who took the video sounded like she had plenty of time to grab a hold of him considering she has been giving play by plays of what happeneed in the media. Plus from the info in this thread it sounds to me as if he had to walk through brush in order to get the part where he dropped into the moat.

Please provide a link to the witness who said she had plenty of time to grab him. Otherwise it didn’t happen.

Kid was reportedly heard telling his mother he wants to go into the water (in the enclosure). He was seen by witnesses going toward the edge of the enclosure. I can put 2 and 2 together.

The-crowd-on-the-top.jpg

I keep thinking of the top of the Empire State Building....it would take work to breach this...IMHO

I would say zoos need something like that to protect animals from humans. Seems are zoo enclosures are designed to give humans the experience as if they were in the enclosure. But clearly humans are not to be trusted. So zoos need barriers humans can not easily climb.

Here is animal experts saying gorilla was trying to protect the child (even when he was dragging him). Again, this wasn't exactly a "wild" gorilla -he was hand raised by his original zoo from the day he was born. I am convinced the gorilla was trying to protect the kid from all the screaming people-and he got killed for his efforts. Ironically, if he killed the child right away, he'd likely be alive-as there would be no need to shoot him to retrieve the child. So basically he got killed because he didn't kill the child and in fact was acting protective toward the child.

"Speaking about the video captured at the Ohio zoo, Lee Durrell said the ape was showing typical protective behaviour."

http://www.itv.com/news/channel/201...emed-to-be-protecting-child-says-lee-durrell/

Remember, though, there were several minutes where Harambe had the little boy after the video ends. The zoo director has stated that Harambe brought him up from the moat and was banging his head on the concrete. I'm a little skeptical of Monday morning quarterbacking on the few initial moments that were captured. The zoo felt it was an extremely dangerous situation. JMO

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member