Cindy Anthony Says Someone Hacked Her Email Account *REVISITED*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I would be soooo upset if my computer was hacked and my mail sent to the news........CA CAN'T GO to LE cause in her drugged up state she probably sent them out and can't remember, like the fight KC and CA had that fatal night that Caylee was killed!!! CA will blame anyone but herself..........the drugged squirrels did it while eating pizza...............IMO
KB got emails from CA and CA says she was hacked. Lois got an email from Lee and I don't think we ever heard anymore about that little mistake. I think the A's should stay away from the computer when the meds or something else is kickin in! Hey Anthony's-Stop and count to ten before you do something you'll come to regret!!:bang:

Actually I think that you can change your MAC address and this link tells you how to do it.

http://www.tech-faq.com/change-mac-address.shtml

But most normal, everyday people would not know this I am sure and most people would never think about doing it or see the need for it.

If you go to Run and open a command window by typing in CMD and then type in ipconfig /all you can see all of the information about the IP, MAC address, DNS server, DHCP etc. I think that ping only pings back with the IP address and the computer name and you have to enter the IP address that you want to ping.

IP addresses can be dynamic or static in a network as well as from the outside world. You can assign static IPs to some or all of your network computers through the DHCP settings in your router and then use that IP in your network settings on your computer or you can allow all to get IPs dynamically and set your computer to get an IP dynamically.

I am not sure that CAs email was hacked. It is a possibility but it is just as possible that she sent the emails herself either by accident or on purpose. Who knows. We don't have enough information right now.

MAC addresses are permanent like your fingerprint they live in your NIC card. there is no changing your MAC address. your IP yes its like your home address if you up and move your address changes. You can change your IP but not your MAC. All passwords are encrypted by a one-way algorithm.
Vanpet

Is it normal to be sending and recieving confidential email about a murder case. Is that something that should hand delivered or picked up? Im talking the normal regular person who is not computer but able to use a computer.

I think for this family...it is normal for them to use the computer to discuss this case as they have done from day 31. They haven't had any qualms about shipping off nasty letters to people or using their computer to attack others.

You have the IPs switched.

A dynamic IP changes, usually every time a user logs in to their isp, or once a day, or week, whatever.

A static IP never changes, and this would be the permanent IP - it stays the same.

TC, thank you for catching that and correcting me. I am truly a technical idiot... :iamashamed0005: :slap:

MAC addresses are permanent like your fingerprint they live in your NIC card. there is no changing your MAC address. your IP yes its like your home address if you up and move your address changes. You can change your IP but not your MAC. All passwords are encrypted by a one-way algorithm.
Vanpet

I know that MAC addresses are assigned to your NIC via the hardware but

Windows XP adds an option to change the MAC address on some network cards under the Advanced tab in the network adapter's Properties menu.

In FreeBSD, you can change your MAC address with the `ifconfig <interface> link <address>` command

Under Linux, you can change your MAC address with `ifconfig <interface> hw <class> <address>`, or you can use the GNU MAC Changer

see the link in the last post. You may not be able to change the physical, hardwired MAC address but you can change it. I have never tried it so maybe that entire article is so much hogwash.

All passwords may be encrypted by an algorithm but people hack other peoples passwords all the time. Social engineering would be the easiest, quickest way to get someone's password but sometimes you can just guess until you get it right if it is not a good, secure password.

I am not arguing with you about any of this because I have never been to networking school, so I could be wrong about a lot of stuff but the ability to change a MAC address I am pretty sure I am right about. However, most people would not know that they could do it or even see the need to do it.

Bold by me.

Interesting that computer geek son LA didn't give her that advice, isn't it? You know he knew of the doc dumps and what they contained.

Well it seems to me that Cindy has "out-geeked" her son, Lee in this latest :eek:nline: alleged conspiratorial wonderland.
:pcguru:
Cindy said in an interview that the email account was hacked into while the family wasn't home. How would she know that?
If she is going by the times the emails were supposedly improperly forwarded from her computer, then I would suggest that one should never trust the times that are announced by someone who is somewhere illegally to begin with.:clock::nono:
OR, maybe because she didn't hear any strange movements coming from within her computer,:couch: :Banane57:she is figuring it must have occurred when she was out.

I don't know how she thinks she is pinpointing the time of crime :put em up:without computer forensics but that is a long stroll into Geek village.
Disclaimer:
This is not anti-geek and I remain in awe of those who have some control over all this technology
:Crown:
:bowdown: :eek:nline:​

In September I emailed GA to send prayers, I checked my email account for that email and if you click on full header it gives you the return paths the ip of the sender, receiver and the middleman. there are three ip addresses along with the other technical paths.
Vanpet

Anthonys Have Yet To Report Email Hacking Claims To Police
Tuesday, December 2, 2008 – updated: 5:36 pm EST December 2, 2008

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Cindy Anthony and her private investigator Tuesday had still not reported their claims that someone hacked into her email account and sent unauthorized messages to Eyewitness News and other people.

Eyewitness News broke the story Monday evening. The FBI is now investigating after the emails were reported to them by WFTV reporter Kathi Belich.

The Anthonys' private investigator told Eyewitness News they are outraged and planned to report the intrusion, to the Marion County Sheriff's Office.

As of late Tuesday afternoon, though, they had not.
http://www.wftv.com/news/18189836/detail.html#-

CA's credibility has been shot! Only due to the reporter, Kathi Belich will the FBI investigate. CA has not asked for an investigation into this. I can only imagine, if it were true, CA would be screaming from the highest tower.

It didn't happen. An impulsive CA sent them herself, then realized she sent them to the wrong people, IMO.

The jig is up with this family. I would never beleive another word that comes out of her mouth...:behindbar

Wow...just wow...

In September I emailed GA to send prayers, I checked my email account for that email and if you click on full header it gives you the return paths the ip of the sender, receiver and the middleman. there are three ip addresses along with the other technical paths.
Vanpet

Cool! Did you check out the IPs? What did you find?

I know that MAC addresses are assigned to your NIC via the hardware but

Windows XP adds an option to change the MAC address on some network cards under the Advanced tab in the network adapter's Properties menu.

In FreeBSD, you can change your MAC address with the `ifconfig <interface> link <address>` command

Under Linux, you can change your MAC address with `ifconfig <interface> hw <class> <address>`, or you can use the GNU MAC Changer

see the link in the last post. You may not be able to change the physical, hardwired MAC address but you can change it. I have never tried it so maybe that entire article is so much hogwash.

All passwords may be encrypted by an algorithm but people hack other peoples passwords all the time. Social engineering would be the easiest, quickest way to get someone's password but sometimes you can just guess until you get it right if it is not a good, secure password.

I am not arguing with you about any of this because I have never been to networking school, so I could be wrong about a lot of stuff but the ability to change a MAC address I am pretty sure I am right about. However, most people would not know that they could do it or even see the need to do it.

Oh never an argument, I understand what you are saying I just remember my instructor last week firmly saying repeatedly. MAC is permanent on you NIC card, so maybe there are ways around everything, I am studying social engineering as we speak, its a mad world and there is always someone out there spoofin, crackin, hackin so always try to be safe.. And with all of the online accounts KC had on the family computer and laptops I am surprised that this hack attempts didnt happen long ago, because we are all aware of the viruses being attached to search sites pertaining to this case. Be careful
Vanpet

I have a question. Sorry if this has been discussed, but I've scanned & can't find it..

Were these emails to KB supposedly sent from Cindy's email account?

If so, HOW is anyone getting an IP off of the header other than the IP belonging to Yahoo's server?

In my experience mail sent from web based providers like Gmail always give the providers server IP in the header, not the actual senders IP.
Maybe it's just gmail?

To get the "hackers" IP, LE would have to get Yahoo to turn over the originating IP or I beleive a forensic computer tech could get it or the ISP or webhost.. but why would that be public knowledge in an open investigation?

Sorry :) I'm just trying to get this all straight in my head where the Ocala IP comes in.

N/M- I just poked around until I found it. It seems Gmail was the only one not using originating IP's previously.
I just ASSumed it was the same for Yahoo... Sorry!! :D

what i find odd about this whole computer email hacking thing is this.. It just seems if someone was going to go to all the trouble of hacking CA's email they would have done more than just send 4 emails to KB.... I mean it just seems they would have sent out to more people and really tried to get CA into hot water.. and I figured we would had seen some of her emails on the web or at least heard rumors about it..
I mean who goes to the trouble to do this to just send 4 emails to one reporter.

All Cindy has to do is turn her computer over to LE for them to check and see if Cindy received an acknowledgment email from Yahoo telling her the "Yahoo email password was changed." Yup, I tested it out on my own email account and you get an email from Yahoo.

Even if the "hacker" :rolleyes: deleted the acknowledgment email from Yahoo, it would still be there for LE to view! :crazy:

Such a simple thing,give the computer to LE, let them check it out, but is that what CA has done? No, of course not.

what i find odd about this whole computer email hacking thing is this.. It just seems if someone was going to go to all the trouble of hacking CA's email they would have done more than just send 4 emails to KB.... I mean it just seems they would have sent out to more people and really tried to get CA into hot water.. and I figured we would had seen some of her emails on the web or at least heard rumors about it..
I mean who goes to the trouble to do this to just send 4 emails to one reporter.

EXACTLY!!!:clap::clap::clap:

I'm not sure that he is an big a computer geek as he might think. He is a gamer which makes him a gamer geek and he obviously knows some stuff because I think he said that KCs laptop was BSOD and he tried to get it back but was not able to but just how much knowledge does he really have?

Besides most people just don't really think about how unsecure their emails probably are. People use kids names and dates of birth or anniversary for passwords. sometimes I think that most people think that there is a little mailman inside their computers and when they press send, he seals an envelope and runs through the lines to deliver it at the other end all safe and secure.

LOL, that little mailman is cussing CA right now! :)

Anthonys Have Yet To Report Email Hacking Claims To Police
Tuesday, December 2, 2008 – updated: 5:36 pm EST December 2, 2008

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Cindy Anthony and her private investigator Tuesday had still not reported their claims that someone hacked into her email account and sent unauthorized messages to Eyewitness News and other people.

Eyewitness News broke the story Monday evening. The FBI is now investigating after the emails were reported to them by WFTV reporter Kathi Belich.

The Anthonys' private investigator told Eyewitness News they are outraged and planned to report the intrusion, to the Marion County Sheriff's Office.

As of late Tuesday afternoon, though, they had not.
http://www.wftv.com/news/18189836/detail.html#-

CA's credibility has been shot! Only due to the reporter, Kathi Belich will the FBI investigate. CA has not asked for an investigation into this. I can only imagine, if it were true, CA would be screaming from the highest tower.

It didn't happen. An impulsive CA sent them herself, then realized she sent them to the wrong people, IMO.

The jig is up with this family. I would never beleive another word that comes out of her mouth...:behindbar

Forgive me... but I'm confused! Is the FBI investigating the supposed hacking or are they investigating the contents of the emails? :confused:

Forgive me... but I'm confused! Is the FBI investigating the supposed hacking or are they investigating the contents of the emails? :confused:

Perhaps both! We don't know know the contents of the 4 emails!:waitasec:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adrienna