Cindy is Unbelievable

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If she is limited to two years. that is probably LT disability from her work insurance, but Depression is an allowable condition to receive SSD. You must meet certain conditions for any disability. Your doctor has to sign paperwork stating the nature and extent of your disability. Usually, you also need a good lawyer.

From the SSD website:
12.04 Affective disorders: Characterized by a disturbance of mood, accompanied by a full or partial manic or depressive syndrome. Mood refers to a prolonged emotion that colors the whole psychic life; it generally involves either depression or elation.

http://www.ssa.gov/disability/professionals/bluebook/12.00-MentalDisorders-Adult.htm#12_06

I am on SSD and if you saw me, you would not think I was disabled. I am not a freeloader - believe me, I'd rather be working and earning what I did before I became disabled.

jmo

Can you get SSD for depression? I doubt it!! She must still be collecting from her insurance company. you have to have one foot in the grave to collect SSD. I have severe degenerative disc disease and it says right on their website, don't even bother to apply. I still work full time (in pain) and probably will until I'm 65. No complaints, glad to be able to make it to work. I just take lot's of Advil. LOL

Sure you can. I am on SSD for Bipolar. It seems like it's easier imo to get it for mental health issues then it is for physical health issues. My sister has degenerative disc disease as well, she has fought with them for the last 6 years, finally got a lawyer and won her case about a month ago (which came with a lump sum payout going back to the first time she ever applied! like 20K!) . You can get it- it's just not easy.. you need good doctors, the more of 'em the better and lots of medical history to back your claim.
http://www.disabilitysecrets.com/degenerative-disc-diseases-social-security-disability.html.

BBM.

God I hope Mallory is close to her mother! Could you EVEN imagine having CA as a MIL???? I've said this before and I'll say it again. I would rather eat shards of glass than have CA as a MIL. Why Mallory isn't running for the damn hills astounds me. Lee should be very grateful that Mallory is still with him. She must really love him or can't see into the future what her life will be like with this horrendous family.

I also agree that CA would relish having Casey have another child. I hope and pray that Casey never gets the opportunity to have another child. She didn't deserve the first one she got. And sadly we all know how that turned out.

Imagine having her as a mother? Much worse then as a MIL imo.

I would rather eat shards of glass than have CA as a MIL. :floorlaugh: Can't stop laughing... OMG, that is funny! and true

I thought this thread was interesting because it has posts dating back before 12/11/08 on the first few pages, then skips to earlier this year. Seems CA has been disliked for a long time for a lot of reasons

If she is limited to two years. that is probably LT disability from her work insurance, but Depression is an allowable condition to receive SSD. You must meet certain conditions for any disability. Your doctor has to sign paperwork stating the nature and extent of your disability. Usually, you also need a good lawyer.

<edit>

I am on SSD and if you saw me, you would not think I was disabled. I am not a freeloader - believe me, I'd rather be working and earning what I did before I became disabled.

jmo

Tiki: I know EXACTLY what you mean. ;)

After what I saw today, I wouldn't be so quick to criticize her as I have done in the past. She's had to take a strong dose of reality these past 6 weeks and it shows.

To me it just goes to show you the power of redemption, and it should be recognized and praised to :)

Strength and courage to you, Cynthia Anthony. May your darkest years finally soon be behind you. ~hug~

I thought this thread was interesting because it has posts dating back before 12/11/08 on the first few pages, then skips to earlier this year. Seems CA has been disliked for a long time for a lot of reasons

I have only recently become educated on some details of this case and I have to say (with regard to CA) I have little to no knowledge of her history or personality. I recall she and George were upset with the media but I don't recall any specifics. So maybe from that perspective, I am like a juror...
I don't know why she was disliked, (as I picked up in this thread), and for the moment I'm not going to investigate the specifics. Anyway, I'm a grandmother of 3 little girl angels, 1 month, 1 year, and 2 years of age. When I watched CA testify today I totally identified. The way her daughter
KC looked at her with contempt and anger was disgusting. In the past I too have been in the position where I believed "stories" and lies to later find the truth and I was shocked and hurt and devestated. IMO she is a loving, caring, concerned, responsible person. From what I've watched thus far I would vote GUILTY. KC is a "bad seed". I don't think CA or GA are responsible for KC's behavior and it will be a long healing process for them coming to terms with that, but I think from what I observe that process has begun.

To me it just goes to show you the power of redemption, and it should be recognized and praised to :)

Strength and courage to you, Cynthia Anthony. May your darkest years finally soon be behind you. ~hug~

lovely. kavya, goddess of poetry.

I have pretty much refrained from making comments about CA or GA for well over a year now. I have made comments about the dynamics of their family dysfuction but to be honest I haven't really paid as much attention to them as I did after about 2009ish.

I chalked up CA's what I viewed as antagonistic behaviors as someone that was not handling this situation with grace and dignity. I didn't fault her for that because even if I speculated as to how I would have handled this situation I could never come anywhere close to actually comprehending the experience of having a dead grandchild and my own daughter charged with the murder. But to be honest I did wish in my mind that she would just hush and quit her speaking out---she was a distraction IMHO to Caylee's murder. JMHO.

Then I recently read a book about the Tinyes murder in which the family of the victim and the family of the murderer were thrust into the media spotlight and those families behaved in ways that were similar to how the Anthony's have behaved during this 3 yr case.

The family of the murderer had protesters outside their home as well. They had nonstop coverage about their family, neighborhood and other family members in the media (this was back in 1989 time frame when this wasn't as common as it is now). They didn't handle it with grace and dignity either but it was remarked that their major fault---what sent observers over the edge was they proclaimed their son's innocence (he was later convicted of murder).

I had to ask myself this:

When does it become socially unacceptable (to the point of ostrisizing and to the point of gathering outside the home to verbally assault the mother)for a mother to speak up and defend her child against a crime that is alleged and has not been brought to trial?

The author of the above book I'm using to illustrate my thoughts concluded with the question...

What currency to we expect (the general public) the family members of murderers to pay?

What do we expect that CA owes any of us?

I, for one, am going to just let it lay. That's just me. I don't agree with her behavior that I saw as antagonistic or agressive but then again I haven't walked in her shoes and I certainly don't have to walk the rest of my life in her shoes as she must do so now---with the knowledge that her daughter will be more than likely locked up for life and her beloved granddaughter is forever gone---at the hands of that daughter. God speed to her and I can only pray that I never ever have to face that nightmare. JMHO.

Cindy did well in her testimony today.....with that said - I will just make one comment:

"Why couldn't she have behaved like this about one thousand and thirty one days ago"???

Cindy did well in her testimony today.....with that said - I will just make one comment:

"Why couldn't she have behaved like this about one thousand and thirty one days ago"???

That's an easy one. Shock and denial at an unspeakable horror. Anger in full spades came later, then Bargaining, Depression and now thankfully, hopefully a resigned Acceptance that despite the horror, will bring a modicum of peace.

I'll take a stab at it.

Her family was under fire. Her human instinct to protect her child took over and common sense, along with her ability to see through the storm, just blinded her.
In a nutshell- she's human. Humans are flawed and sometimes make terrible mistakes they wish they could take back. She lashed out at some innocents and some not so innocent.

I bet this pill is stuck in her throat and for all the world to watch. As a human being myself, I feel her pain. She loves her granddaughter, no one can deny that. Would we all be so gracious? Murder and death is ugly. And when a family member is the one accused, it gets even worse.

Just my thoughts as to why she couldn't muster up the will 3 years ago. I hope she gets through this............just one human to another.

I'll take a stab at it.

Her family was under fire. Her human instinct to protect her child took over and common sense, along with her ability to see through the storm, just blinded her.
In a nutshell- she's human. Humans are flawed and sometimes make terrible mistakes they wish they could take back. She lashed out at some innocents and some not so innocent.

I bet this pill is stuck in her throat and for all the world to watch. As a human being myself, I feel her pain. She loves her granddaughter, no one can deny that. Would we all be so gracious? Murder and death is ugly. And when a family member is the one accused, it gets even worse.

Just my thoughts as to why she couldn't muster up the will 3 years ago. I hope she gets through this............just one human to another.
Escellent observation. I couldn't have said it better myself.

"There but for the Grace of God..."

When I was a child I watched an old television cowboy series called The Lone Ranger. Each week, the Lone Ranger (who always wore a black half-mask) rode into a different town where bad guys were preying on helpless law-abiding citizens.

Aided by his faithful Indian sidekick, Tonto, the Lone Ranger quickly vanquished the evil-doers and then he rode off into the sunset before anyone could thank him, leaving the grateful townspeople to stare after after him in awed confusion, and then to marvel aloud, "Who was that Masked Man?"

Today, I listened to a Cindy Anthony I've never known before, a dignified, empathetic, likable Cindy Anthony who answered questions fully and honestly, without belligerence, malice or arrogance. At the end of her testimony I watched her walk past her defense table with her head high and without a glance at her despicable daughter. And I whispered to myself in awed confusion, "Who was that Cindy Anthony?"

I remembered something her mother, Shirley, wrote or said aloud when Shirley first saw Cindy engaging in verbal and physical combat with protestors in the front yard. It would take me hours to find the referenced item, so to paraphrase, Shirley said to Cindy that Cindy should act like her real self instead of like a crazy woman.

Maybe the Cindy I saw today is the person Shirley has always known.

I don't know, and I'm not ready to become a believer and Cindy-sympathizer yet, but if Cindy maintains her truthful, "normal" persona throughout the rest of this trial, I'm ready to blame all her ugly behaviors on the horrific situation she found herself in on July 15, 2008.

I'm not sure other people, like the Grunds, will be able to do that, nor should they be expected to. If it was my son's life Cindy was trying to destroy in order to save her daughter's, I fear the lengths I might have gone to stop her and protect him. But then my ancestors invented the Vendetta. LOL

I have pretty much refrained from making comments about CA or GA for well over a year now. I have made comments about the dynamics of their family dysfuction but to be honest I haven't really paid as much attention to them as I did after about 2009ish.

I chalked up CA's what I viewed as antagonistic behaviors as someone that was not handling this situation with grace and dignity. I didn't fault her for that because even if I speculated as to how I would have handled this situation I could never come anywhere close to actually comprehending the experience of having a dead grandchild and my own daughter charged with the murder. But to be honest I did wish in my mind that she would just hush and quit her speaking out---she was a distraction IMHO to Caylee's murder. JMHO.

Then I recently read a book about the Tinyes murder in which the family of the victim and the family of the murderer were thrust into the media spotlight and those families behaved in ways that were similar to how the Anthony's have behaved during this 3 yr case.

The family of the murderer had protesters outside their home as well. They had nonstop coverage about their family, neighborhood and other family members in the media (this was back in 1989 time frame when this wasn't as common as it is now). They didn't handle it with grace and dignity either but it was remarked that their major fault---what sent observers over the edge was they proclaimed their son's innocence (he was later convicted of murder).

I had to ask myself this:

When does it become socially unacceptable (to the point of ostrisizing and to the point of gathering outside the home to verbally assault the mother) for a mother to speak up and defend her child against a crime that is alleged and has not been brought to trial? The author of the above book I'm using to illustrate my thoughts concluded with the question...

What currency do we expect (the general public) the family members of murderers to pay?

What do we expect that CA owes any of us?

I, for one, am going to just let it lay. That's just me. I don't agree with her behavior that I saw as antagonistic or agressive but then again I haven't walked in her shoes and I certainly don't have to walk the rest of my life in her shoes as she must do so now---with the knowledge that her daughter will be more than likely locked up for life and her beloved granddaughter is forever gone---at the hands of that daughter. God speed to her and I can only pray that I never ever have to face that nightmare. JMHO.

good post, so I'm not jumping on you or anything, but ... she did much more than defend her child. she went WELL BEYOND defending her child

one small example: LE asked for Caylee's hairbrush and CA gave them the KC/Caylee hairbrush. then she laughed about doing that in an e-mail to her PI (??? IIRC), adding that she shoulda given LE the dogs' brush instead. WTH kind of attitude was that?

we all face our nightmares in different ways. many/many/many families in similar circumstances conduct themselves honestly all the way thru their ordeals, from beginning to end. w/o lying/slandering/accusing/denying. especially when what is being denied is so patently obvious (the ZFG thing). that type of denial is arrogant and self-satisfied: WE say it, therefore it is so

IMO a person's character (or lack of it) is revealed by how they act/refrain from acting in their daily lives, whether or not an audience is watching

I thank the Universe that KC went after her parents because nothing else she's said/done has ever turned the tide. it would appear that their OWN survival matters. at last, something besides KC matters. Caylee wasn't enough

I give GA and CA a lot of credit. They have known for 6 weeks that KC was going to throw GA and LA under the bus to save her own sorry skin and they never said a thing to the media. Even with what they have been going through they haven't tried to trash the daughter that has ruined their lives.

I watched her testimony twice and my heart breaks for her. I've never walked a mile in her shoes and I never want to. She clearly loved her daughter and her granddaughter immensely. MOO.

When I was a child I watched an old television cowboy series called The Lone Ranger. Each week, the Lone Ranger (who always wore a black half-mask) rode into a different town where bad guys were preying on helpless law-abiding citizens.

Aided by his faithful Indian sidekick, Tonto, the Lone Ranger quickly vanquished the evil-doers and then he rode off into the sunset before anyone could thank him, leaving the grateful townspeople to stare after after him in awed confusion, and then to marvel aloud, "Who was that Masked Man?"

Today, I listened to a Cindy Anthony I've never known before, a dignified, empathetic, likable Cindy Anthony who answered questions fully and honestly, without belligerence, malice or arrogance. At the end of her testimony I watched her walk past her defense table with her head high and without a glance at her despicable daughter. And I whispered to myself in awed confusion, "Who was that Cindy Anthony?"

I remembered something her mother, Shirley, wrote or said aloud when Shirley first saw Cindy engaging in verbal and physical combat with protestors in the front yard. It would take me hours to find the referenced item, so to paraphrase, Shirley said to Cindy that Cindy should act like her real self instead of like a crazy woman.

Maybe the Cindy I saw today is the person Shirley has always known.

I don't know, and I'm not ready to become a believer and Cindy-sympathizer yet, but if Cindy maintains her truthful, "normal" persona throughout the rest of this trial, I'm ready to blame all her ugly behaviors on the horrific situation she found herself in on July 15, 2008.

I'm not sure other people, like the Grunds, will be able to do that, nor should they be expected to. If it was my son's life Cindy was trying to destroy in order to save her daughter's, I fear the lengths I might have gone to stop her and protect him. But then my ancestors invented the Vendetta. LOL

The thank you button was not enough to express my appreciation for your beautifully constructed, thoughtful post.

I'm very thankful for Cindy's testimony today but I am very cautious. I can see that Cindy has changed sides now but it will take a bit longer for me to be convinced that Cindy, herself, has changed.

"Hi-yo, Silver! Away!"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MG89
Back