Cindy is Unbelievable

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My heart went out to Cindy today. I thought she handled herself so well on the stand. I wonder what the defense will throw at her when she is cross examined. Casey was crying when Cindy left the stand.....I wonder what she was saying. Also, will anyone ask who the father of Caylee is? There is a set of paternal grandparents somewhere who never had an opportunity to love Caylee.

I watched her testimony twice and my heart breaks for her. I've never walked a mile in her shoes and I never want to. She clearly loved her daughter and her granddaughter immensely. MOO.

I agree wholeheartedly. We never know entirely another's burdens!

The thank you button was not enough to express my appreciation for your beautifully constructed, thoughtful post.

I'm very thankful for Cindy's testimony today but I am very cautious. I can see that Cindy has changed sides now but it will take a bit longer for me to be convinced that Cindy, herself, has changed.

"Hi-yo, Silver! Away!"

:cheer: I could not remember the horse's name!

And thank you for your sweet reply. It nice to be talking to you again.

Wow. What a turn of emotions, inside of one 2 hour testimony.

After three years of this woman blaming Amy, Ricardo, Jesse, Roy, Leonard, Tim, the Jacksonville connection, Zenaidas of all shapes and sizes, and even the general public of doing unimaginable things, while her sweet daughter was only looking out for the well being of her daughter CAYLEE, she sits on the stand and tells us where the door locks are to her screen doors, points out Caylee's playhouse and cries, we all forgive what she's done?

She just stopped looking for Zanny 6 weeks ago? When she realized what the defense was doing, going after her husband and herself? So, it's ok to destroy the lives of 200+ other people, but it's only when they go after destroying HER that she faces the truth? How about all that money spent and people's lives interrupted looking for a "live Caylee" and all that horrible stuff she put the searchers through for all these years? THAT didn't give her reason to pause?

Please.

Sorry. For me, it doesn't erase a thing. I want to, I really do, but I just can't get there.

Cindy has been used, abused, and made the scapegoat of a narcissist. She has had one of her own family and friends' of Casey totally trash her in the media and on national TV. Her life and home were turned into a circus event, and she thought the cops were railroading her daughter. Not once has she whined about her own self, but in Casey's texts to Tony about Caylee missing, all Casey did was whine about her self. It's obvious who the sick one is.

Cindy has been used, abused, and made the scapegoat of a narcissist. She has had one of her own family and friends' of Casey totally trash her in the media and on national TV. Her life and home were turned into a circus event, and she thought the cops were railroading her daughter. Not once has she whined about her own self, but in Casey's texts to Tony about Caylee missing, all Casey did was whine about her self. It's obvious who the sick one is.

BBM.

Hello? What?

After three years of this woman blaming Amy, Ricardo, Jesse, Roy, Leonard, Tim, the Jacksonville connection, Zenaidas of all shapes and sizes, and even the general public of doing unimaginable things, while her sweet daughter was only looking out for the well being of her daughter CAYLEE, she sits on the stand and tells us where the door locks are to her screen doors, points out Caylee's playhouse and cries, we all forgive what she's done?

She just stopped looking for Zanny 6 weeks ago? When she realized what the defense was doing, going after her husband and herself? So, it's ok to destroy the lives of 200+ other people, but it's only when they go after destroying HER that she faces the truth? How about all that money spent and people's lives interrupted looking for a "live Caylee" and all that horrible stuff she put the searchers through for all these years? THAT didn't give her reason to pause?

Please.

Sorry. For me, it doesn't erase a thing. I want to, I really do, but I just can't get there.

I don't see it that way. I don't see her change as a reaction to Casey putting the blame on the family. I see her change as a reaction to realizing that Casey knew Caylee was dead all along. I think she really believed in Casey's innocence until that revelation, and the scales fell from her eyes. All the pieces came together in a way she had never allowed herself to envision.

The important thing to me now is that Cindy is coming through when it's most important for justice for Caylee. She finally realizes that the right person is being held accountable.

Please.

their lives arnt destroyed .. cindys is forever .. she will never have her caylee back or her daughter .. these ppl recovered just fine and seem to be doing quite well for themselves .. no one believed cindy anyway they hated her from the get go .. so i respectfully disagree i dont see it the way you are stating this . im not knocking u i do understand where your coming from to a point but as for me ya im ready to forgive her .. shes a person just like we are and she lost the love of her life caylee.. none of these ppl she blamed lost someone they loved as much as she does and did in the manner that she did .. her daughter murdered her grandchild .. i doubt very very highly any of the ppl she blamed have suffered that type of loss.. except mabey the grunds bc i know they loved caylee

Please.

BBM

It's not really my place to forgive, since Cindy didn't do anything to me. However, I'm nowhere near ready to anoint her for sainthood, either. I felt bad for her today, but it doesn't really change how I feel about her as a person. IMO, she wreaked a lot of havoc on a lot of people, whether it be from denial or blind devotion to a daughter who doesn't deserve it, I don't know, and I really don't care. IMO, it doesn't give her the right.

cindy had no right at all to treat the people that were trying to help her like crap at all .. the sad thing is shes just now realizing that what she did was make herself look awful for all these years for her child that doesnt love her or george and certainly didnt love caylee .. i just wouldnt want to be cindy right now ..

There is an old saying that goes something like this:

1st one on the "bus" gets the best seat.

We've seen George being an up-right, just good old boy this week; Cindy made her appearance today.

We are less than 2 weeks into this trial, and I'm not ready to flip my switch and say all is well in AnthonyLand.

Yeah, I feel sorry for them as grandparents that they've lost a grandchild.
But, right now, that's as far as it goes til I see more, and it is consistent and honest and not self serving.

I know, in the past, I have been disgusted with Cindy because of her brazenness, lies, questionable ethics and demeaning other people. As I sit here typing this, her hateful words that she left in her phone message to Tim Miller keep running through my mind. I didn't think she was a good person then. I did feel sorrow for her having lost her grand daughter and her own daughter being accused of the murder. And yet, I still held her accountable for her own actions. I thought she was horrid!

I find myself in the same exact position today. I am thankful that reality has come and she can now recognize the truth of her situation. That will allow her to finally begin her healing process. But I still hold her accountable for her past behavior. The fact that she now thinks her daughter is her enemy doesn't necessarily mean it will turn her into a wonderfully moral person. She might now start leaving snarkey messages on the defense team's phones instead of TM's. If she now begins to lie and manipulate the truth to the defense team it is no less sinful than lying to anyone else. (Don't we even have an entire thread here dedicated to Cindy's lies?)

The fact that she has moved her seat to the state's side of the courtroom doesn't make me think any more highly of her than I did before. It is not a matter of forgiveness or unforgiveness, but more a matter of caution and trust.

When I was a child I watched an old television cowboy series called The Lone Ranger. Each week, the Lone Ranger (who always wore a black half-mask) rode into a different town where bad guys were preying on helpless law-abiding citizens.

Aided by his faithful Indian sidekick, Tonto, the Lone Ranger quickly vanquished the evil-doers and then he rode off into the sunset before anyone could thank him, leaving the grateful townspeople to stare after after him in awed confusion, and then to marvel aloud, "Who was that Masked Man?"

Today, I listened to a Cindy Anthony I've never known before, a dignified, empathetic, likable Cindy Anthony who answered questions fully and honestly, without belligerence, malice or arrogance. At the end of her testimony I watched her walk past her defense table with her head high and without a glance at her despicable daughter. And I whispered to myself in awed confusion, "Who was that Cindy Anthony?"

I remembered something her mother, Shirley, wrote or said aloud when Shirley first saw Cindy engaging in verbal and physical combat with protestors in the front yard. It would take me hours to find the referenced item, so to paraphrase, Shirley said to Cindy that Cindy should act like her real self instead of like a crazy woman.

Maybe the Cindy I saw today is the person Shirley has always known.

LOL

I remember the Lone Ranger. I warched him too.

Cindy on the stand Saturday made me think of the expression, when you know better, you do better.

their lives arnt destroyed .. cindys is forever .. she will never have her caylee back or her daughter .. these ppl recovered just fine and seem to be doing quite well for themselves .. no one believed cindy anyway they hated her from the get go .. so i respectfully disagree i dont see it the way you are stating this . im not knocking u i do understand where your coming from to a point but as for me ya im ready to forgive her .. shes a person just like we are and she lost the love of her life caylee.. none of these ppl she blamed lost someone they loved as much as she does and did in the manner that she did .. her daughter murdered her grandchild .. i doubt very very highly any of the ppl she blamed have suffered that type of loss.. except mabey the grunds bc i know they loved caylee

I am with you Zadari. I think your words are wise, and I also believe that people who got lashed out at by Cindy in the process of this sad, sad case, are not destroyed, and, I would hope, will get or have gotten over it. I imagine most people have been lashed out at by people in distress in their lifetimes. Granted, perhaps not to such an extreme, but everything needs to be seen in a context.
If you are not a sociopath, chances are close to 100% that your lashing out is caused by great pain.

It's never a good action, but most people will understand it because we all have done it too, though thankfully, again, not to this extreme. I have the hope that those who were affected, are forgiving it, as well.
Also because, life's too short to live with the weight of tons of resentment, it takes so much negative energy...

I know I am just an old hippie peace and love person :crazy:
Again, for me personally: here's to love and the power of redemption. And the Anthony's finally being able to move on to a semblance of peace and a less piercing pain.

:grouphug:

Something that I noticed while CA was testifying (and I don't know if this has already been touched on) but the DT seemed to treat her time on the stand with kid gloves.

Very few objections, very few sidebars.

Wondering if JB has been finally been admonished enough by HHJP to realize he's been making a mockery of the court or if JB thought Cindy was in their corner, so he would not try to aggravate her.

Will be interesting to see the cross.

I don't see it that way. I don't see her change as a reaction to Casey putting the blame on the family. I see her change as a reaction to realizing that Casey knew Caylee was dead all along. I think she really believed in Casey's innocence until that revelation, and the scales fell from her eyes. All the pieces came together in a way she had never allowed herself to envision.

The important thing to me now is that Cindy is coming through when it's most important for justice for Caylee. She finally realizes that the right person is being held accountable.
I just had to say Thank You for your post. It is very touching.

i hear ya. i don't disagree. but look at it like a scale of justice, weighing different factors. nothing, not even those heavy truths about her actions you point out, outweighs her telling the truth about ICA.

i give her a pass, grudgingly, but a pass, as long as she continues to tell the truth.

then again, I am only talking about my opinion. so, who really cares?

Please.

I remember the Lone Ranger. I warched him too.

Cindy on the stand Saturday made me think of the expression, when you know better, you do better.

Or Cindy's trying to con everyone. Time will tell.
Considering the timing of her knowing better, I'm going to remain suspicious of her motive for her sudden change in demeanor.

Please.

Despite my favorable post about Cindy in this thread, I have to agree with every word of yours. I also overlooked the point you made that Cindy only changed when she and George became her daughter's target.

Or (I wonder) was CA's turnaround the result of Casey's admission that Caylee was dead on June 16th, accompanied by ICA's idiotic claim that George was party to hiding the body which Cindy knows could not be true.

To avoid disappointment and renewed outrage at Cindy, I think I'll withhold judgment either way and watch and wait.

For almost 3 years I've felt the full range of human emotion toward and about CA --pity and compassion for her losses; incredulity at her inability to accept the truth; anger at her attitude to law enforcement, TM, ZFG, the public, ICA's various friends, all the people she's blamed. I decided some time ago that she is not the most intelligent nor kind person, and her sheer flawed human-ness completely annoyed me. Watching her testimony, yet again she surprised me. She was honest and forthright and I cannot honestly say I have seen this depth of self-honesty in her before. I respect this side of CA deeply.

Underneath that honesty, though, I still see confusion about the events of June-July 2008 and the lies ICA told. She so completely believed what ICA said and was so traumatized by her losses, that she still has not been able to completely reconcile the past version of the truth with truer accounting of events -- it shows in the language of her statements about ICA's work and cover stories her daughter told her ("her work" not her "alleged work" or "they were staying over at Zanny's" not my daughter "said they were staying"). Part of her has still not really caught up with the truth. But she is trying harder than she ever has before. I believe she is at a crossroads at this moment during this trial and will either choose truth or the fiction, and this trial will forever define who she is. Someone very aptly said the "scales fell from her eyes." I think we are watching them continue to fall during this trial, but the outcome, the choices she will make between truth and denial, are still uncertain. JMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MG89
Back