Cindy lost it again today?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The stigma pisses me off but I will never get tired of fighting against it. I may annoy some here at times, seeming "picky" in my responses about the way people toss around misconceptions about mental illness but I don't care- I really don't... I'm not going away and I'm not shutting up. Mental illness effects everyone in this society (Welfare, medicaid, social security, Medicare, addiction, suicide, taxes, schools, jails, etc) and if we hope to ever change that, our mid-set about mental illness must change or society is going to continue to get sicker.

My rhetorical question to the person who called me out on this in the first place (I don't recall the user-id) is what would you do if your child came to afraid and suicidal because he/she was hearing voices? Lock him/her up for the rest of his/her life or stand beside him/her and demand he/she gets the help he/she deserves in the least restrictive means possible so he/she could live a normal life? My guess is that your strong opinions regarding the mentally ill and what should become of them are already known by your child and he/she would probably simply not even come to you because he/she already knows how you would react.

It is very sad to see such a mind-set in this day and age. I have rapid cycling Bipolar disorder with mixed and psychotic episodes and was held in Psych wards against my will and drugged to oblivion. It was not then that I began to get well... it was when I met another woman with the same condition who also happened to be a successful practicing attorney. That was when I knew there was hope for me, I will remember her for the rest of my life! I speak up as my way of paying it forward, to tell all of you who are touched by mental illness that there is help, there is hope. Don't ever let anyone make you think otherwise!

I do realize that this is not the proper forum for this discussion so I won't continue to post about it here, turning this into the stigma of mental illness thread but I had to respond to that poster who questioned me to begin with.
Sorry JBean :) :blowkiss:

Very well said. Thank you one lost girl!

The stigma pisses me off but I will never get tired of fighting against it. I may annoy some here at times, seeming "picky" in my responses about the way people toss around misconceptions about mental illness but I don't care- I really don't... I'm not going away and I'm not shutting up. Mental illness effects everyone in this society (Welfare, medicaid, social security, Medicare, addiction, suicide, taxes, schools, jails, etc) and if we hope to ever change that, our mid-set about mental illness must change or society is going to continue to get sicker.

My rhetorical question to the person who called me out on this in the first place (I don't recall the user-id) is what would you do if your child came to afraid and suicidal because he/she was hearing voices? Lock him/her up for the rest of his/her life or stand beside him/her and demand he/she gets the help he/she deserves in the least restrictive means possible so he/she could live a normal life? My guess is that your strong opinions regarding the mentally ill and what should become of them are already known by your child and he/she would probably simply not even come to you because he/she already knows how you would react.

It is very sad to see such a mind-set in this day and age. I have rapid cycling Bipolar disorder with mixed and psychotic episodes and was held in Psych wards against my will and drugged to oblivion. It was not then that I began to get well... it was when I met another woman with the same condition who also happened to be a successful practicing attorney. That was when I knew there was hope for me, I will remember her for the rest of my life! I speak up as my way of paying it forward, to tell all of you who are touched by mental illness that there is help, there is hope. Don't ever let anyone make you think otherwise!

I do realize that this is not the proper forum for this discussion so I won't continue to post about it here, turning this into the stigma of mental illness thread but I had to respond to that poster who questioned me to begin with.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Great post.

Thank you for your post and sharing your personal experiences. :blowkiss:

The fact also is that mental illness isn't diagnosed like a sprained ankle. The medications are usually experimental and the doctors and psychiatrists can only guess the problem. I was diagnosed as having mild bipolar disorder and ADHD which really surfaced on a very stressful job.

My first medication given was a very high dose of Adderall. This made me very snappy with people and not sleep for days and sometimes weeks. The psychiatrist wouldn't take me off it or try anything else. I stopped that on my own and told him I would be insane if I kept doing it his way and refused any more Adderall. I would hate to think of being locked in a cell hyped up on that for two years!

That is what is tricky with meds. They can make a depressed person emotionless. Make a loony happy person miserable and every person is different in their reactions to a particular drug.

I was much more stable medication free than screaming and cursing at people because I hadn't slept in a week. I finally changed doctors and was put on some light medication that actually worked. The stressful job seemed much easier. :D

One of my best friends on this planet is schizophrenic. When he is out of medication he is not dangerous. He is afraid to go outside and thinks his parents try to poison him and throws everything in his refrigerator away because he thinks all of it has been poisoned. He sits in the corner and cries because he is afraid. That isn't dangerous, that is sad. :(

I got sick of the medications that made me worse than my disorder as well and became one of the ever talked about "Bipolar people won't stay on their medication". I wouldn't see any MD for over a year, hated the thought of even looking at a prescription pad, knowing what the meds made me become.

I was finally diagnosed with Bipolar when I was about 24 years old, I did not find a decent Pdoc who helped to find the right meds that helped me become stable until 6 years ago, when I was 30. Prior to that, I just accepted that I was a as good as dead... I had no doubt that I would die from my disease.

It takes time for some people to find the right medications for them, some people are very successful in managing their mental illnesses without medication and that's just fine too as far as I'm concerned but I believe deeply in therapy.

I personally enjoy reading your view points. Lets be real here not many of us have a psych degree. Mental Illness is out there but not every little thing can be contributed to it. The closest I've been to a psych ward was when my mom went there due to dementia--(in between dealing with the dementia family members assigned different mental illness's to the sundowning and dementia psychosis)
apoligize in advance -- this may also not make sense but tired of everyone using "mental illness" as an excuse for any bad behavior--
jmo

i have some disorder, i dont know what you call it it

but it has something to do with hating people that protect people that kill 2 year old young girls

"Robotitis"

haha you are a dork LOL you always make me laugh! I seem to have a raging case of Robotitis too! Perpahs they sell repelent we could try?

:clap: I have to say you ROCK!!! I like how open and honest you are. You are right there should be no stigma.

I personally enjoy reading your view points. Lets be real here not many of us have a psych degree. Mental Illness is out there but not every little thing can be contributed to it. The closest I've been to a psych ward was when my mom went there due to dementia--(in between dealing with the dementia family members assigned different mental illness's to the sundowning and dementia psychosis)
apoligize in advance -- this may also not make sense but tired of everyone using "mental illness" as an excuse for any bad behavior--
jmo

I agree- mental illness is not an excuse for bad behavior and poor choices. I don't care what your diagnosis is- there are some acts that are just unforgiveable and if a person goes over that line, they should be removed from society!

I'm sorry you had to handle your mom getting so sick with dementia. *hugs*

Snipped the rest of your post, but I want you to know I thought the whole post was excellent! I, also, have gone round and round in my head and, like you, found that when I got to the core of how I felt, pity and sympathy were the strongest emotions in regards to CA, GA and LA.

I am a very emotional person at the best of times and a complete emotional wreck at the worst of times. I am a grandmother and I can't even begin to imagine how I would deal with this situation if it happened to me. I can say with confidence, knowing my child, it WOULD never happen. I can also say that I bet CA and GA would have said the same thing if they were watching it on the news and it was happening to someone else.

When I see CA and GA on the news or being interviewed, I see such pain in their eyes and etched into their faces. I have one wish for both of them - however this ends, whenever this ends, may they find some peace, somewhere, that allows them to go forward in some way.

On the other hand, don't even get me started on Casey.........

I cry when George is on.. almost every single time I look at him on TV I cry for him, for his weakness, for his inability to remove his children from that home, that woman years ago. Cindy makes me mad but I have cried for her as well. Her pain is obvious, that baby was her life however unhealthy that is. I admit that had I not been brought up by someone much like Cindy I think I would have more sympathy for her. She is in denial about herself, her daughter and the capabilities of the family she ruled. When/ if she accepts Caylees death, she is going to need major psychiatric help. I wish someone cared enough about her NOW to see to it that that help begins now so when acceptance comes she will be more able to handle it.

Mental illness encompasses a HUGE,VAST number of diagnosis'. And from there -each diagnosis is different as each person is different and comes with their own unique set of circumstances (ie. family situation, economic situation, physical situation,etc.). Once a diagnosis is made it can range from mild to severe and you could have multiple diagnosis'. Then you have to factor in trying to get competant medical care, dealing with the insurance mess-if there is no insurance your options are extremely limited. Even with insurance it can be a joke.
Mental illness is soo much harder to tackle than physical illness. It affects not just the person afflicted-but, all who are part of their world (family, friends, co-workers, neighbors,all the way down to the cashier in the drug store). The pendulem has swung to the extreme because of the abuse the mentally suffered and warehousing (some were warehoused that were not mentally ill). It is also economic-it costs alot to try to take of the mentally ill, who in many cases don't want our help or want help on their terms only.
I have personally had to deal with mentall illness issues inside my own family-my own mother. I would have rather she had been struck with cancer, than losing her to what eventually robbed her of her family, friends and and herself.

Excellent post!

Bold is mine. I understand exactally what you mean, it is so sad to watch a person die from mental illness because often, if they would only be willing to help themselves a little bit, they could be OK.

My sister has made a complete wreck of her life and in turn, her daughters life as well because she refuses to accept that anything is wrong with her. Her daughter is 10 years old and has never known her mother healthy or even reasonably able to pretend to be healthy.

I am sorry for the pain you have had to suffer because of the loss of your mothers sanity. :blowkiss:

Imo, Cindy had nothing to do with Caylee's demise. and I'm not in the camp which thinks she knows what happened but is hiding it. However, she is responsible now for protecting the woman Cindy herself described as a sociopath who almost certainly is responsible for Caylee's end. Cindy is responsible for herself, and her actions right now are protecting the very person who knows what happened to Caylee but won't tell. Cindy's choice of fantasy over reality comes at the expense of closure and sanity for herself, but more importantly for her family which she manipulates and controls to its very obvious deterioration and the damage of all the individuals in it. Lastly, Cindy's chosen course of action denies justice to Caylee from the one person who should be absolutely committed to obtaining it for the little one, but who apparently would rather fry other fish.

When I look at Cindy, I see where Casey came from. I don't blame Cindy for that, but unless Cindy stops the madness and begins to understand the possibilities inside herself, I fear for her and those close to her, and I fear that Caylee will never have the true advocate she should have in the form of her beloved Grandmother. I find that sad beyond belief.

:clap::clap:

Getting back to the topic of the thread (Cindy at the park)...

I honestly dont see what many of you are seeing. I dont see her 'losing' it, nor do I see George flying off the handle. They both seemed pretty calm to me, just upset and suffering, no worse than usual. I did see and hear others antagonizing her and instigating her to lose her temper but she seemed to maintain some level of stability during it all. I was appalled at the behavior of the guy in the blue shirt, I cant believe a grown man would act like that in public. Now IMO he was the one completely out of line.
I wasnt there so I cant attest to what happened away from the video the news station is showing. I have heard some say this video didnt show the worst of it so Im definately interested to see the other videos that we are waiting on to be uploaded.

I just checked this thread and thought... is that new or old. CA loses it everyday!

Did Windchime post her video of the Anthonys?

IMO, Cindy is physically and mentally falling apart. http://www.wesh.com/video/17960725/index.html shows a skelton of a woman compared to http://www.wftv.com/video/16914628/index.html

I want to know where the Doctors are that Cindy works with or for or whatever.

I am not a Cindy fan, but the video I linked above is frightening. Cindy has lost a ton of weight, she is in total denial. Cindy is on a crash course and I it scares me.

I am not a Cindy fan. I don't believer her twists of facts. I don't believe her Casey stories. IMO, this woman needs medical intervention.

jmo

Excellent post!

Bold is mine. I understand exactally what you mean, it is so sad to watch a person die from mental illness because often, if they would only be willing to help themselves a little bit, they could be OK.

My sister has made a complete wreck of her life and in turn, her daughters life as well because she refuses to accept that anything is wrong with her. Her daughter is 10 years old and has never known her mother healthy or even reasonably able to pretend to be healthy.

I am sorry for the pain you have had to suffer because of the loss of your mothers sanity. :blowkiss:

Right back at ya!:blowkiss:

IMO, Cindy is physically and mentally falling apart. http://www.wesh.com/video/17960725/index.html shows a skelton of a woman compared to http://www.wftv.com/video/16914628/index.html

I want to know where the Doctors are that Cindy works with or for or whatever.

I am not a Cindy fan, but the video I linked above is frightening. Cindy has lost a ton of weight, she is in total denial. Cindy is on a crash course and I it scares me.

I am not a Cindy fan. I don't believer her twists of facts. I don't believe her Casey stories. IMO, this woman needs medical intervention.

jmo

Yeah, but ya notice she has brand new pretty clothes to fit her new figure, jacket and all. I can't help but to think can't be all that out of control, she has time to shop and the mind-set to put outfits together.

Yeah, but ya notice she has brand new pretty clothes to fit her new figure, jacket and all. I can't help but to think can't be all that out of control, she has time to shop and the mind-set to put outfits together.

Plus time to design all those "Caylee" fashion accessories, like that stylin' purse she was carrying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jess9976