Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i have some disorder, i dont know what you call it it

but it has something to do with hating people that protect people that kill 2 year old young girls

"Robotitis"

Love the robotdog . . . definite health care crisis in this country when those who NEED medication cannot afford it, when they requiring help don't seek it, and when those having any chronic disease (mental included) continue to get sicker & sicker.

Where to start???? Was away for a couple days and just caught up on the videos and news. After watching the videos of CA and GA arriving at the search site and their actions....I am still stunned but yet I really felt serious pity and empathy and actually some sympathy(mainly for CA).

Snipped the rest of your post, but I want you to know I thought the whole post was excellent! I, also, have gone round and round in my head and, like you, found that when I got to the core of how I felt, pity and sympathy were the strongest emotions in regards to CA, GA and LA.

I am a very emotional person at the best of times and a complete emotional wreck at the worst of times. I am a grandmother and I can't even begin to imagine how I would deal with this situation if it happened to me. I can say with confidence, knowing my child, it WOULD never happen. I can also say that I bet CA and GA would have said the same thing if they were watching it on the news and it was happening to someone else.

When I see CA and GA on the news or being interviewed, I see such pain in their eyes and etched into their faces. I have one wish for both of them - however this ends, whenever this ends, may they find some peace, somewhere, that allows them to go forward in some way.

On the other hand, don't even get me started on Casey.........

Mental illness encompasses a HUGE,VAST number of diagnosis'. And from there -each diagnosis is different as each person is different and comes with their own unique set of circumstances (ie. family situation, economic situation, physical situation,etc.). Once a diagnosis is made it can range from mild to severe and you could have multiple diagnosis'. Then you have to factor in trying to get competant medical care, dealing with the insurance mess-if there is no insurance your options are extremely limited. Even with insurance it can be a joke.
Mental illness is soo much harder to tackle than physical illness. It affects not just the person afflicted-but, all who are part of their world (family, friends, co-workers, neighbors,all the way down to the cashier in the drug store). The pendulem has swung to the extreme because of the abuse the mentally suffered and warehousing (some were warehoused that were not mentally ill). It is also economic-it costs alot to try to take of the mentally ill, who in many cases don't want our help or want help on their terms only.
I have personally had to deal with mentall illness issues inside my own family-my own mother. I would have rather she had been struck with cancer, than losing her to what eventually robbed her of her family, friends and and herself.

i have some disorder, i dont know what you call it it

but it has something to do with hating people that protect people that kill 2 year old young girls

"Robotitis"

Thank you robot.....I just got back on my chair....I fell off laughing when I read this.:crazy:

I agree completely! Cindy is not to blame for whatever Casey chose to do to her child. Lots of us grow up in unstable, dysfunctional home and somehow we manage to not kill our children.

Imo, Cindy had nothing to do with Caylee's demise. and I'm not in the camp which thinks she knows what happened but is hiding it. However, she is responsible now for protecting the woman Cindy herself described as a sociopath who almost certainly is responsible for Caylee's end. Cindy is responsible for herself, and her actions right now are protecting the very person who knows what happened to Caylee but won't tell. Cindy's choice of fantasy over reality comes at the expense of closure and sanity for herself, but more importantly for her family which she manipulates and controls to its very obvious deterioration and the damage of all the individuals in it. Lastly, Cindy's chosen course of action denies justice to Caylee from the one person who should be absolutely committed to obtaining it for the little one, but who apparently would rather fry other fish.

When I look at Cindy, I see where Casey came from. I don't blame Cindy for that, but unless Cindy stops the madness and begins to understand the possibilities inside herself, I fear for her and those close to her, and I fear that Caylee will never have the true advocate she should have in the form of her beloved Grandmother. I find that sad beyond belief.

Imo, Cindy had nothing to do with Caylee's demise. and I'm not in the camp which thinks she knows what happened but is hiding it. However, she is responsible now for protecting the woman Cindy herself described as a sociopath who almost certainly is responsible for Caylee's end. Cindy is responsible for herself, and her actions right now are protecting the very person who knows what happened to Caylee but won't tell. Cindy's choice of fantasy over reality comes at the expense of closure and sanity for herself, but more importantly for her family which she manipulates and controls to its very obvious deterioration and the damage of all the individuals in it. Lastly, Cindy's chosen course of action denies justice to Caylee from the one person who should be absolutely committed to obtaining it for the little one, but who apparently would rather fry other fish.

When I look at Cindy, I see where Casey came from. I don't blame Cindy for that, but unless Cindy stops the madness and begins to understand the possibilities inside herself, I fear for her and those close to her, and I fear that Caylee will never have the true advocate she should have in the form of her beloved Grandmother. I find that sad beyond belief.

Wonderful post-couldn't say it better!:blowkiss:

I have never seen a person so troubeled that she cant think straight. Why doent G step in and controle her

I wrote George and Cindy an actual letter today. Snail mail and everything. Hopefully they arent just junking all the mail that isnt bills or family correspondence.

Umm, yes, I think the mentally ill should be able to go through life without being stuck in psych wards having meds forced upon them. My son would be in pretty bad shape if I had to live in a nuthouse rather than being at home being a mother to him. Millions of people (In the USA it is something like 1 in every 4 people) have a diagnosed mental illness and are never a danger to others. 2.2 million people in America have Schizophrenia alone. (http://www.schizophrenia.com/szfacts.htm). How many do you know that are violent? What I find to be disturbing is your mind-set in regard to the mentally ill and their human rights!

It is a myth built on ignorance, misconception and disgusting stereotyping that the mentally ill are more dangerous than the rest of society. Something is wrong with a society that expects our mental health policies to be built around the small number of mentally ill who are a danger. Perhaps we should medicate and lock up blonde women because some other blondes are murderers, Just in case?

Hell, why your at it, why not suggest we treat all of the mentally ill to lobotomies and shock treatment because Andrea Yates murdered her children. Goodness, we can't take the chance of something like that happening again, let's just turn 'em all into zombies! LOOK at the number of women who have murdered their children and then look at how many of them had a documented mental illness. There are far more "normal" mothers that kill than there are mentally ill ones. Same goes for other violent crimes... there are far more "normal" people serving time for violence than mentally ill ones. Only a very small sub-group of the mentally ill are ever a danger to others. We are far more dangerous to ourselves than to anyone else!

Now, if a person with a mental illness also happens to be a danger to society, of course they should be locked up!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

(BTW, have you thought about lending your energies to NAMI?)

Umm, yes, I think the mentally ill should be able to go through life without being stuck in psych wards having meds forced upon them. My son would be in pretty bad shape if I had to live in a nuthouse rather than being at home being a mother to him. Millions of people (In the USA it is something like 1 in every 4 people) have a diagnosed mental illness and are never a danger to others. 2.2 million people in America have Schizophrenia alone. (http://www.schizophrenia.com/szfacts.htm). How many do you know that are violent? What I find to be disturbing is your mind-set in regard to the mentally ill and their human rights!

It is a myth built on ignorance, misconception and disgusting stereotyping that the mentally ill are more dangerous than the rest of society. Something is wrong with a society that expects our mental health policies to be built around the small number of mentally ill who are a danger. Perhaps we should medicate and lock up blonde women because some other blondes are murderers, Just in case?

Hell, why your at it, why not suggest we treat all of the mentally ill to lobotomies and shock treatment because Andrea Yates murdered her children. Goodness, we can't take the chance of something like that happening again, let's just turn 'em all into zombies! LOOK at the number of women who have murdered their children and then look at how many of them had a documented mental illness. There are far more "normal" mothers that kill than there are mentally ill ones. Same goes for other violent crimes... there are far more "normal" people serving time for violence than mentally ill ones. Only a very small sub-group of the mentally ill are ever a danger to others. We are far more dangerous to ourselves than to anyone else!

Now, if a person with a mental illness also happens to be a danger to society, of course they should be locked up!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

1 in 4 people is an incredibly large number of people with a diagnosed mental illness. Add to this amount the many more people with an undiagnosed mental illness. There are many, many people who never seek professional help because of the stigma attached. We need to change the way our society thinks of mental illness so that everyone will seek the help they need without fear of being labeled. If a person has heart disease they don't think twice about getting treatment. Mental illness is a disease just the same but the attitude society has towards it prevents the help so desperately needed by many. Thank you for helping to spread the word.

Caylee was HER grandaughter not ours. I KNOW she has to be in pain.
Losing 2 loved ones in one fell swoop.
Plus having to face the fact that all the love, caring and raising of a child has all been for nothing.
That you failed miserably. I don't think she would ever admit it publicly.
But imagine the thoughts that must go over and over in her mind when she is alone.
It's just awful...

And I do think that one day, out of the public eye she will have to accept the horrible truth of what REALLY happened to her beautiful grandaughter and worst of all WHO did it.
I don't know if she or George will survive all of this.

(snipped, bold mine) One would hope... but that is what is so maddening to many, the total lack of any honest self-examination going on here...

I have a hard time with (GA) myself

Yes. Because he is doubleminded, so unstable in all his ways.

Yes, I'd agree, she was like this to a degree. She obviously doesn't have any friends and doesn't seem to be close to anyone in her family besides her mom and dad, so I get the impression that she was probably a really miserable person to be around.

But I think what's happened with Caylee has just unleashed the beast that's been lurking inside her...

ITA, only what's already inside the glass can spill out...

BUT when you say "that little tramp" that is Cindy's Daughter...regardless of what she did or didn't do its still her daughter...I don't believe that any loving mother would turn their back on their child...that is why Mothers and Fathers still stand by their children when they commit murder and other crimes....

Do you get what I mean ? A mothers love *usually* goes above and beyond everything...

TG some moms don't "love' their kids like CA...

My thoughts exactly. When Cindy said, "Who took her?" THAT is when Casey came up with her story. Cindy should have left it at "What have you done?" and we may have gotten a (partially) true answer. We will never know because Cindy gave Casey a way out. sigh...:confused:

Yes, the seed was planted.

I truely believe that the A's are covering their own actions as well as KC's... (snipped)

It was horrifying to me that the scum that were in the trailer with Jessica Lunsford were not thrown in jail...but maybe LE had enough behind the scenes cooperation that decided Couey was their main target? I dunno....

Omg, thanks for reminding us... this still makes my skin crawl... [/I]

I don't see it like that at all. I see a mother who enabled her daughter in her lies, her promiscuous behaviors, her lack of education, her refusal to work and support her child, even to the point of calling off George when he tried to call the police after KC blatantly stole $4,000 from him. When she stole from Cindy's parents it became more personal that from her stealing from George. She became enraged...

I see a family torn apart at their own hands. They had nothing cohesive to begin with except keeping KC out of jail for her lifelong habit of lies and thievery. She was a bad seed, but only because Cindy taught her that dishonesty paid off for her. Her dishonesty was rewarded by Cindy, which made excuses for all of her bad behaviors.

I feel in the end, Cindy will realize she is the one who is responsible for KC getting the death penalty. If Cindy had one time in her life not accepted KC's lies, and then made up lies to cover the lies KC told. She thinks she is covering for KC, but she is actually making people HATE her and KC.

If Cindy had not accepted the kidnapper lie, and made KC tell the truth in the beginning, KC could have plead it down by claiming an accident, but now they are all locked into the LIE and KC will pay the ultimate price... I really wonder when it is all over and Cindy looks back, how she will react to knowing she put that needle in her daughter's arm.

(bold mine) So really NOT A "bad seed" at all! Learned from the very best.

I agree completely! Cindy is not to blame for whatever Casey chose to do to her child. Lots of us grow up in unstable, dysfunctional home and somehow we manage to not kill our children.

Legally responsible, w/out a doubt. But it's helpful, and we don't have to look far, to trace the origins...

When I see CA and GA on the news or being interviewed, I see such pain in their eyes and etched into their faces. I have one wish for both of them - however this ends, whenever this ends, may they find some peace, somewhere, that allows them to go forward in some way.

On the other hand, don't even get me started on Casey.........

Yes, so easy to hate KC, if only we could make the link...

Precisely. There appears to be a total lack of introspection, willingness to do any self-examination, or to consider her ways. It is probably this single quality alone IMO that approaches evil. How does one endure everything this mother's gone through in her family ie lose a grandchild, see her child facing life or death sentence yet apparently w/out the slightest feeling of personal responsibility or remorse for her own role as a parent? She remains utterly defensive and to this day would rather lie, collude, blameshift, excuse, ANYTHING but admit any fault or responsibilty. Unbelievable. JMO

IMO - Caylee will never be found and Cindy will never accept that she is dead. KC may end up in jail but they will claim she is innocent.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

1 in 4 people is an incredibly large number of people with a diagnosed mental illness. Add to this amount the many more people with an undiagnosed mental illness. There are many, many people who never seek professional help because of the stigma attached. We need to change the way our society thinks of mental illness so that everyone will seek the help they need without fear of being labeled. If a person has heart disease they don't think twice about getting treatment. Mental illness is a disease just the same but the attitude society has towards it prevents the help so desperately needed by many. Thank you for helping to spread the word.

Mental illness is very stigmatized in this society. A lot of people still label a person as being "crazy" if they seek medical help for mental problem. This needs to change.

When abhorrent behavior undertaken by someone "seemingly sane" is made public, the first line of defense is to classify it as a mental illness. Unlike a great number of people, I do not believe sociopathy is a mental illness. Many great people who suffer mental illness have lived productive lives that have offered much to society (John Nash "A Beautiful Mind"--schizophrenia; Isaac Newton--depression/nervous breakdowns; Winston Churchill--depression; Virginia Woolf--bi-polar).

Sociopaths consume. They devour the things and people in their path in the goal of getting what they want. There should be no question that "mental illness" is not in play in the Anthony family. "From day one" they have consumed our consciousness for this case, our emotions for Caylee, our finances in the search, and our collective hope for a good outcome. They are not "ill" they are calculated. Measured.

This family as a unit does not care for anyone or anything else than protecting the unit. Everyone is involved, everyone plays their part. It would be more comparable to the Manson Family than it would be the Holloway's or Lacy Peterson's parents. Their sociopathy is to create a world view regardless of truth, evidence, or justice for a little girl missing and presumed dead.

Thank you both....:blowkiss: As a mother to a son with a mental disability, I get tired of fighting the stigma that comes attached. :mad:

IMHO, Cindy is not mentally ill.

The stigma pisses me off but I will never get tired of fighting against it. I may annoy some here at times, seeming "picky" in my responses about the way people toss around misconceptions about mental illness but I don't care- I really don't... I'm not going away and I'm not shutting up. Mental illness effects everyone in this society (Welfare, medicaid, social security, Medicare, addiction, suicide, taxes, schools, jails, etc) and if we hope to ever change that, our mid-set about mental illness must change or society is going to continue to get sicker.

My rhetorical question to the person who called me out on this in the first place (I don't recall the user-id) is what would you do if your child came to afraid and suicidal because he/she was hearing voices? Lock him/her up for the rest of his/her life or stand beside him/her and demand he/she gets the help he/she deserves in the least restrictive means possible so he/she could live a normal life? My guess is that your strong opinions regarding the mentally ill and what should become of them are already known by your child and he/she would probably simply not even come to you because he/she already knows how you would react.

It is very sad to see such a mind-set in this day and age. I have rapid cycling Bipolar disorder with mixed and psychotic episodes and was held in Psych wards against my will and drugged to oblivion. It was not then that I began to get well... it was when I met another woman with the same condition who also happened to be a successful practicing attorney. That was when I knew there was hope for me, I will remember her for the rest of my life! I speak up as my way of paying it forward, to tell all of you who are touched by mental illness that there is help, there is hope. Don't ever let anyone make you think otherwise!

I do realize that this is not the proper forum for this discussion so I won't continue to post about it here, turning this into the stigma of mental illness thread but I had to respond to that poster who questioned me to begin with.
Sorry JBean :) :blowkiss:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member