Cindy mouths, "I love you" to Casey

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Nothing is more trusting than a "Mothers Love". Cindy Anthony did not want to believe her Grand daughter was dead nor her daughter could hurt her. Over and over the Anthony family grilled Casey for information for the return of their Granddaughter. The media had already convicted Casey (probably rightfully so) but imagine if it was your child that was convicted all the while they still had no body.

Cindy's, I Love You, to Casey is a way of saying goodbye to her. The Anthony families support and belief of their own daughter is coming back to bite them in court now. And it is sad. Cindy is heartbroken all the while her daughter is using them and their actions as an alibi. This is now going to be a case of Casey Anthony versus the Anthony family.

Regardless of what Nancy Grace said tonight, Cindy stated that the Winnie the Pooh blanket was not seen in their house in June of 2008. This is her line drawn in the sand that George is not guilty. Casey will not be coddled anymore and she will get what she gets. The Prosecution has convinced the Anthony's at minimum that Jose Baez was more influential to Casey than her own family and it may cost her life on earth.

I absolutely LOVE reading your posts. Thank you. :)

Love is a 4 letter word and it equals work, it's a verb, not a noun.

Cindy may have been controlling, *****y even, but consider the circumstances.

She was the only functional member of the family. Had she been truly selfish, she would have moved out on her own, her salary would have provided a fairly comfortable stable life for herself.

It can only be love that made her able to tolerate what she did, a dysfunctional husband and and an even worse daughter. I don't know too much about Lee (new to this story) but at least he was on his own.

What would make you stay in that situation but love? I realize that she turned a blind eye, and was enabling, but mostly I think she was just tired and couldn't do anything about it all anyway. Casey was legally an adult, you cannot force her to grow up unless you throw her out and then you really do throw out the baby with the bath water.

Hmmm, I may be the minority here, but my first impression when I watched it was that CA said "I hate you" and ICA's shrug was more of a "who gives a chit what you think?'

I found it repulsive.

Thank you, so did I! In fact, it reminded me of all the other subtle little cruelties of CA's that ultimately twisted her daughter into the mentally disturbed monster we see now.

The last time CA got off the stand, it was to command her daughter with a regal little flick of her fingers to turn sideways so CA could see her in profile, and ICA automatically obeyed. Then, when Cindy finished testifying, she marched past Casey without sparing her a glance, purposely demonstrating her disdain and disapproval to Casey along with 50 million television viewers.

But TODAY, when absolutely nothing has happened to change Cindy's attitude, Cindy looks at Casey and mouths, "I love you."

To quote Casey, "Are You KIDDING Me?"

Although I despise Casey, I also pity her for the helplessness and confusion she must have felt as the child of a domineering, manipulative narcissist ike I believe Cindy Anthony to be. For most of Casey's life, she's been treated like a tennis ball with Cindy holding the raquet, and a perfect example of this is seen in Cindy's glaringly different treatment of her in court these last two times.

IMO, the reason Cindy mouthed "I love you" to Casey today had absolutely nothing to do with Casey. I think Cindy did that because she's enjoyed the tremendous swell of sympathy and support she's received as a result of her heartbroken weeping on the witness stand. Suddenly, she's been elevated from witch to martyred saint, but she realized her new maternal halo could be tarnished in the eyes of some people by her seeming lack of interest in her daughter's plight when she ignored Casey, causing Casey to go to pieces in front of the cameras.

ETA: I did not see Cindy mouth "I love you" to Casey; I'm assuming others here are correct.

CA still loves ICA but does she even start to think that she and GA very well might have been next on ICA's death list? :twocents:

Maybe so-My mom was famous for telling us "I love you even when I'm mad at you." I guess CA is no different, but maybe a slight tweak for CA's own version; "I love you even when you hate me and kill my grandchild."

And Casey is accused of murdering Caylee. She no longer has a daughter to say, I love you to. I like to think Cindy's, I love you is a slap in the face of reality for Casey. kwim?

Is there really anything greater than the love a mother has for a child? Even when that child disappoints you so greatly, as this one surely has disappointed her mom?

As a mother, I really don't find this surprising. We may hate the choices our children make; we may abhor their actions, but still, we love them.

Beautifully worded! May I just add it applies to fathers as well?

Is there really anything greater than the love a mother has for a child? Even when that child disappoints you so greatly, as this one surely has disappointed her mom?

As a mother, I really don't find this surprising. We may hate the choices our children make; we may abhor their actions, but still, we love them.

And, we keep foolishly, fervently believing that our love will save them, protect them, get through to them & help them see the way.

Thank you, so did I! In fact, it reminded me of all the other subtle little cruelties of CA's that ultimately twisted her daughter into the mentally disturbed monster we see now.

The last time CA got off the stand, it was to command her daughter with a regal little flick of her fingers to turn sideways so CA could see her in profile, and ICA automatically obeyed. Then, when Cindy finished testifying, she marched past Casey without sparing her a glance, purposely demonstrating her disdain and disapproval to Casey along with 50 million television viewers.

But TODAY, when absolutely nothing has happened to change Cindy's attitude, Cindy looks at Casey and mouths, "I love you."

Although I despise Casey, I also pity her for the helplessness and confusion she must have felt as the child of a domineering, manipulative narcissist ike I believe Cindy Anthony to be. For most of Casey's life, she's been treated like a tennis ball with Cindy holding the raquet, and a perfect example of this is seen in Cindy's glaringly different treatment of her in court these last two times.

IMO, the reason Cindy mouthed "I love you" to Casey today had absolutely nothing to do with Casey. I think Cindy did that because she's enjoyed the tremendous swell of sympathy and support she's received as a result of her heartbroken weeping on the witness stand. Suddenly, she's been elevated from witch to martyred saint, but she realized her new maternal halo could be tarnished in the eyes of some people by her seeming lack of interest in her daughter's plight when she ignored Casey, causing Casey to go to pieces in front of the cameras.

ETA: I did not see Cindy mouth "I love you" to Casey; I'm assuming others here are correct.

I agree with you. I am sure that the church lady or George have both had conversations with CA that include some form of statement about how CA can still love her child and hate the sin, or maybe GA said he still loves KC even though she has hurt him so badly. As you noted, this makes one feel elevated when they are able to be the one to "forgive." Not saying GA has forgiven...but I think CA would if it made her look good.
Let's not forget, though we may feel badly for Cindy at times, that friends, family and the people that have gotten to know CA through this have ALL stated in some form or another that CA aims to present the picture of a perfect, forgiving, sweet, loving family. She will not let that be shattered at any cost.
So CA is running with it now. She has an excuse to tighten the neuce on KC and she has an excuse to be elevated with her love and forgiveness. Again, it goes to what you are saying, it's sort of a game and it's a game intended to make CA feel like the saint all 'round.
See, honesty, intellectual honesty, and integrity would dictate that while yes, CA loves the fact that she is a mother, she has every right to be extremely angry with Casey and she has every right to eliminate the poison from her life by cutting KC off emotionally until or unless KC 'comes to Jesus.' A REAL mother would do just that. That is REAL love, to refuse to support lies and non-remorse.
CA does have a right to punish KC. It makes all of us mothers feel bad when we have to discipline or be tough on our kids, but it's the right thing to do.
Right now, KC does not need to know her mother loves her, she wants to know her mother will lie for her. Telling KC that she loves her only makes CA feel better, not KC.

If only CA had said what you said, instead of doing all the destructive things she did to other people's children--and without any hesitation, shame, or apology.

I don't think any one of us has, or would, criticize CA for continuing to love Casey, no matter what Casey has done. That's what we mothers do.

I don't think we will be seeing anymore "I love you's" coming from any of them.

I think she did mouth "I love you," but it's very difficult to see. I would think maybe that's not what she said except for ICA's reaction. That reaction says it all and makes me think Cindy did mouth "I love you" because ICA's facial response looks to me like "O RLY? Well, you haven't helped me." IMO ICA doesn't think her parents love her or are interested in her unless they are giving her what she wants. If they don't let her have her way, then they don't love her and are of no use to her. She's probably still mad at them for not somehow bailing her out way back when.

This is OT, but ICA looks so different now. Her lower jaw seems to stick out all the time and her eyes are so much darker. Not sure if this is changes wrought by being in jail for so long or what? Can diet and lack of sunlight change your face that much?

Agree!

I saw Casey raise her eyes and shrug!:sick:

I'd love to be a mouse in the corner when the Jury starts deliberating, and the conversation comes up about Cindy mouthing the words, "I love You". The sociopath can't get along with Biaz, her family, & her friends have deserted her, and yet her Mother's love endures for her. SAD!

I saw Casey raise her eyes and shrug!:sick:

I'd love to be a mouse in the corner when the Jury starts deliberating, and the conversation comes up about Cindy mouthing the words, "I love You". The sociopath can't get along with Biaz, her family, & her friends have deserted her, and yet her Mother's love endures for her. SAD!

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe the jury sees any of that. They get ushered out of the courtroom while the witness is still sitting on the stand. So they are not there when ICA throws a fit or CA mouths something or whatever. I don't think. I guess it's considered part of a fair trial to allow the jury to see/hear only what's presented in the case.

We need a caption thread for those ICA reaction pictures. Mine would be: "You love me? Well, what have you done for me lately?"

Casey's response:
surprise
af8sgw.jpg

then "spiteful *****"
2h7qauq.jpg

Cindy had to have seen Casey explode when she got off the stand before, I'm sure Jose got in Cindy's ear about it.

Thank you Eidetic, for the great pic. No one has to be a body language expert to see how Casey's left arm is in a shielding/deflective position. She is guarding and rejecting Cindy's message. We can only speculate as to why ~ but it seems obvious to me.

:cow:

The jury didn't see it but the rest of the viewing audience did. What in the hay is wrong with this family? They are dysfunctional to the nth degree. I will refrain from my comments until after the trial. The SA must be fuming to find themselves defending these people in their effort to seek justice for Caylee. Am I ok to say that or has the use of the term in a sentence also been trademarked?

moo

The petulance and disgustingly "spoilt" beatch look on KC's face says it all. Hideous.

moo

To me, when I watched CA mouth 'I love you' and walk off, everything in her body language looked in effect as if she was saying 'goodbye, Casey'.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chrissy321
Back