Cindy's Coworkers @ Gentiva

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The smell of death ..
The fact that I'd not seen my grand daughter in a month and her stuff was in the vehicle ..

I'd 911 it so fast your head would spin ..

Maybe YOU don't know what you'd do but, I certainly know what I would do ..

Not sure why you are so irritated with my opinion. You can have your own opinion and I can have mine. It's great that you would know what exacty to do. I hope and pray I am never in the position to know.

Agreed. I was just trying to point out that co-workers can sometime fabricate a story. Do I think she should have went home? YES, however I was simply explaining that we didn't know the circumstances at her work place.

True, I'm not disagreeing:)

C'mon ..

The car stunk of death ..
Caylee's stuff was in it but, NO Caylee ..

I don't think her boss or anyone else's for that matter, would object to an employee leaving for the day ..

This was much more than just a car issue ..

I totally agree with you. Considering that she already KNEW that the car smelled like a dead body and 2 weeks earlier had written her 'My Caylee Is Missing' blog on Myspace. AND her supervisor was encouraging her to go home. They finally had to TELL her to go home. VERY ODD imho.

Bessie- this sums it all up for me. The who knew what at the office is all subjective, b/c it came mostly through Cindy, she could present her home situation any way she wanted. The interesting parts of the coworkers statements are some of the facts you stated- CA did return to work. Coworkers did also see and speak to KC on days when she dropped Caylee off so KC could "go to work", KC was wearing a lanyard (like a work badge), yet we know she had no job.

Above bolded by me.

ITA with everything you said. This was my whole point.

The smell of death ..
The fact that I'd not seen my grand daughter in a month and her stuff was in the vehicle ..

:clap: Exactly! Not, "I'm going to give Casey a chance to explain herself." What???

One of the most interesting things to me, is that overall from the co-workers statements, I don't get the feeling that they knew a whole lot about the real home life at the Anth's. Some knew select bits, but not as much as I would have thought, since we all have seen in the media how much of a talker CA can be. It seems that CA kept her work life much more separate from her home life that I originally thought.

Didn't Cindy ever question Casey as to why she was dropping Caylee off at her office if she's had a nanny for a couple of years? Good grief.

Cindy confirms that Casey and George were fighting a lot right around that time, what do you think the reason for the fights were? If he didn't confront her about not having a job, what was it that caused so much anger between the two of them? I'm really curious about what that may have been.

And btw, I totally believe he never confronted her about the job, he knew it was pointless, as Cindy would step in and cover for and protect Casey, as she did with the $4,000 Casey stole from them.

I think ga called her on some of the bs she had be spewing....also think kc played ca against ga---there is more to that story than what we know...also think ca wasn't the happy little mom etiher---think she had faults (except when she is talking family problems...)--remember according to LP the day she came back ga confronted her and left the house in a huff..la had to retreve him---so.........at that point I think he turned ----

:clap: Exactly! Not, "I'm going to give Casey a chance to explain herself." What???

That's because you have a "normal" frame of reference. I don't think CA does. I'm not giving her excuses here, we all know what she 'should' have done. But this family is anything but normal, look at the way they dance around each other, "protecting" in their own (yes distorted) way.

IMHO, of course.

Do we know how far Gentiva/CA work was from the Anth house?

Thank you. It's SO hard to prove someone is an unfit mother. Whether it's your daughter or ex-wife, forget about it. If Casey was not willing to sign over her parental rights, and believe me she wouldn't give up that bargaining chip for anything, then a lot of money would have been spent on attorneys for nothing.

I'm sure the A's were informed of this.

I also agree with posters that they wanted to be Grandparents and not parents. They wanted Casey to grow up and be the mom.

my mom had dementia...can't tell you the exact number of people (docs and such--the list goes on) who said she shouldn't live on her own & needed to move to assist living/nursing home---also told over & over how much money it would take to declare her incompetent (over 10,000) and that if it was brought to court 9 x 10 she would prevail ---- had to wait for what was deemed an "emergency" intervention before I could get her the help she needed.....I can only imagine the problems and cost invoved with taking custody.....it adds up quick and there really aren't alot of pro bono atty's out there....

The smell of death ..

I know what I would do as well but that doesn't make it the only acceptable response. Yes we would have done it differently, but Caylee was dead for over a month at this point the four hours that passed really didn't really change the outcome of the situation. People react differently, as I posted earlier in this thread my husband went to work and gave a presentation right after finding out his mother had been murdered by his father. What most people on this board would have done, no, but that doesn't make it wrong.

Getting a forclosure notice or a past due bill notice would certainly slow me from running to the mail. Anyone know if they are still in danger of losing the house?

O/T (waves)

Well since they havent worked in months but cindy seems to sport new clothing as she has lost weight I assume they have money from somewhere.

omg was little caylee nothing but a burden to all of them ? god i hope not .. cindy seemed to have loved caylee ..but now to hear this that she complained about having her all the time? .. i hope that doesnt mean anything .. mabey she was just stressed out from watching the baby and trying to work and support everyone ? i always had hope that cindy didnt know what happened to caylee and that she really loved caylee ..now i dont know what to think
Cindy adored Caylee. She just had reached a point in her life when she expected not to be starting all over again with another baby. The 'not enough money,' I believe, refers more to the inability to pay the legal expenses associated with a custody petition. I believe that, despite her plans for retirement (plans that fell off the horizon years ago, given the family's financial situation), she would have happily taken custody--if it weren't for the difficulties a continuing relationship with Casey would present.

It's just a very, very difficult situation. Cindy knew Casey was a freeloader. She knew she was a liar. But I just can't believe she knew she was capable of doing what has been done. She muddled through a rough situation the best she could, caring for Caylee when she had her, despite her sheer exhaustion from bearing the full weight of this family for going on two decades.

I have a family member who had a "fake job" that she went to every day (no kids, thank goodness) but used the fake job to get her parents off her case while she lived in their home. She put on a uniform every day and got in her van and drove to the park and slept all day.
I have a family member who did this, as well: my father, a sociopath. I learned of this only after moving out of state; when my family and I visited "home," we stayed at their house, and my father did not conceal this from me. He'd wait until about an hour before my mother--who supported the family (including a grandchild who was the product of a "hidden" --read that: unacknowledged--pregnancy) since I was a young teen--was due home from work, then bathe and dress for "work." He would then leave the house until about a half-hour after my mother came home, pretending he'd been at work all day. When she had days off, he either pretended he could also take off (he was in "real estate"), or spend the day at the library, or shopping, or otherwise amusing himself.

There was no income coming in, obviously. Being in "real estate," this could be explained, at least partially, by the market. But my mother at least knew he was lousy as a realtor! They'd fight about it, she'd threaten to divorce him---and she never did. She didn't want him to get any share of the house (which her parents had paid for) or any of her money. (In reality, he'd have no claim to that; it was inheritance.)

Sound at all familiar?

Now that we are learning more about CA's actions after getting the car and also learning about what she said at work to her co-workers, it makes me question something else.....

I remember that CA said that they got the notice from the tow company (I believe it was taped to their front door) but for some strange reason, they didn't go get the car the day after receiving the notice (the day after was a Monday, if I remember correctly) so they picked up the car the following day (Tuesday, I think?)
IIRC, the notice was on the front door. They entered the house via the garage, and did not find the notice until the following day, when George went out the front door.

I think (again moo) that because it was a registered letter (not notice from tow yard) they were not thinking it was about the car, perhaps they feared it was a notice of some sort regarding KC and money that she once again stole. I think that perhaps they were dragging feet over this one. Remember there had been financial problems in this family LOTS of them. BEcause CA had been texting and speaking with KC through out this time I don't believe they had any idea it had to do with the pontiac.

Great Post....

I've never been able to understand how Cindy & George could actually drive the Car home from the Tow Yard with it smelling the way it did.

Why didn't they panic & call LE right from the Tow Yard ?

I've also wondered what would have happened if the car was never towed. When would Cindy have finally decided to call LE? 40 days? 60?

I'm also convinced that Cindy & George knew that the car had an odor since the 24th & the only reason LE was called on July 15th is because George was worried that the Tow Yard Operator would report the "Decomp Odor" first & then they would have to explain why they never called.

BOLDED BY BOSTON

Cindy, I believe left from the tow 'office' & went back to work....Only Ga walked back to where the stinky car was. (GA prolly called Cindy & told her of the smell).

Apparently GA & the Tow guy were satisfied the smell came from the trash in the trunk.

40 days 60 days, doesn't matter LE cannot do anything about your "Adult Child" that for whatever reasons will let gp's visit w/grandchild.

If C & G knew abut the 'death odor' on the 24th, then they do have reason
to get LE involved on the 24th....the car was still in their names.....so why wait 'til July 15th ??

Cindy adored Caylee. She just had reached a point in her life when she expected not to be starting all over again with another baby. The 'not enough money,' I believe, refers more to the inability to pay the legal expenses associated with a custody petition. I believe that, despite her plans for retirement (plans that fell off the horizon years ago, given the family's financial situation), she would have happily taken custody--if it weren't for the difficulties a continuing relationship with Casey would present.

It's just a very, very difficult situation. Cindy knew Casey was a freeloader. She knew she was a liar. But I just can't believe she knew she was capable of doing what has been done. She muddled through a rough situation the best she could, caring for Caylee when she had her, despite her sheer exhaustion from bearing the full weight of this family for going on two decades.

I have a family member who did this, as well: my father, a sociopath. I learned of this only after moving out of state; when my family and I visited "home," we stayed at their house, and my father did not conceal this from me. He'd wait until about an hour before my mother--who supported the family (including a grandchild who was the product of a "hidden" --read that: unacknowledged--pregnancy) since I was a young teen--was due home from work, then bathe and dress for "work." He would then leave the house until about a half-hour after my mother came home, pretending he'd been at work all day. When she had days off, he either pretended he could also take off (he was in "real estate"), or spend the day at the library, or shopping, or otherwise amusing himself.

There was no income coming in, obviously. Being in "real estate," this could be explained, at least partially, by the market. But my mother at least knew he was lousy as a realtor! They'd fight about it, she'd threaten to divorce him---and she never did. She didn't want him to get any share of the house (which her parents had paid for) or any of her money. (In reality, he'd have no claim to that; it was inheritance.)

Sound at all familiar?

I love my new grandson but I have no desire to be his mother. I would gladly take care of him if my daugher was unable to but I think I would resent being used like Cindy appears to have been.

I find it hard to fathom she wasn't on the phone with Universal weeks before???:confused: Casey's car smell like a dead body and Cindy is gonna call her boss at Universal HUH???:banghead:

Did she, or didn't she call? We all know that if she did she would have been asked "KC who"? If she didn't call, why not? Because she knew the whole Universal employment was a lie? I do not understand this woman.

I love my new grandson but I have no desire to be his mother. I would gladly take care of him if my daugher was unable to but I think I would resent being used like Cindy appears to have been.

Would you want him to call you mommy? I find that really creepy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member