Cindy's Deposition #3 *UPDATED* MOTION FILED

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great post sassy. I agree 100% with you.

Cindy is mad at everyone except who she should be mad at.
They all are so busy trying to point the finger at anyone they can blame for this mess they are in, because they can't blame the people really responsible, Casey and themsleves. So it's everyone else's fault. I guess they spend their time talking about how mean spirited the whole world is and how their daughter has been wronged, how they have been wronged. The people who try to bring some reality in are quickly gone. I don't imagine they can even go to the grocery store without seeing the magazines, in the check out line, displaying their daughter's crime and their dysfunction as a family. They are all about to find out that the world doesn't operate according to their rules or wishes and this time it's too late to get their princess out of the trouble she's caused.

Oh no way! George looked so smug and condenscending when he was correcting Mitnik on the correct way to say Zanny (or Zany, lol.) That interview might be where Mitnik got his way of saying it. I'm off to listen to that interview again.

I just found it here
http://www.wftv.com/video/17934383/index.html
at about 47:09.
In all fairness, after reading the transcript,
http://media.myfoxorlando.com/photogalleries/110608georgeanthony/indexGallery.htm page 1780, I said the same thing. Oh, no he didn't! Now, listening to this, I wondered if he meant he had altered the spelling in an attempt to find Zenaida, however, I listened twice and I think he was merely shortening Zenaida.
I know this is O/T, but this interview is filled with interesting stuff. After listening to the way he talked about his family, no wonder they have not come forward to help.

Look at it this way, CA threatens to file "harassment charges," against anyone who tries to put a mic on her... (as if that would cause her harm) And people think she should be given a break and not be dragged into the this suit about all the damage ZG has suffered??? She has vastly contributed to ZG's problems, and CA would sue at the drop of a hat, she just stated as much. I think it too bad that ZG didn't sue CA too, because IMO, she is a contributing party.

I'm curious about the air mattress that was mentioned in the deposition. CA said that she didn't think about it until after the first search for evidence, she was searching the house and came across it so she turned it over and the LE still has it. In Annie's interview, she said that the night she stayed over with KC, they all slept in KC's room and that CA slept on an air mattress on the floor. Does anyone remember:
1. When was the first evidence search at the Anthony home?
2. When did Annie stay the night?

I'm curious about the air mattress that was mentioned in the deposition. CA said that she didn't think about it until after the first search for evidence, she was searching the house and came across it so she turned it over and the LE still has it. In Annie's interview, she said that the night she stayed over with KC, they all slept in KC's room and that CA slept on an air mattress on the floor. Does anyone remember:
1. When was the first evidence search at the Anthony home?
2. When did Annie stay the night?

I know that Anne stayed when KC was out on bond. Right? The protesters and the Media was there---they had Anne lay down so they could park in the garage, so she could get in the house unseen. Seems like the search had already been done. I don't understand why CA is bringing that air-mattress up and the look on her face was like she was gittin away with something.

but in her depo, LE didn't take it, she didn't think about the air mattress until later. I would think laying on the/an air mattress would've made something click if she hadn't already turned it over to LE. It just seemed odd that she had so much to say about an air mattress.

but in her depo, LE didn't take it, she didn't think about the air mattress until later. I would think laying on the/an air mattress would've made something click if she hadn't already turned it over to LE. It just seemed odd that she had so much to say about an air mattress.

I think she was laying ground work for something. She plans on using it for something. Guess they could have more than one air-mattress. I'm wid you---she made 2 big a deal of it.

Wow, I didn't know that they could have just let ZG win. Is it like pleading no contest or something? Sorry, I know very little about legal proceedings. I heard that the counter suit was a ridiculous move. Do you think maybe Baez and Kasen (i think that's KC's attorney in the civil case) advised KC to just settle the suit and not counter sue but KC said "No way!" Wouldn't the lawyers have to go along with the client's wishes?

Also, it's always bothered me that not one of KC's lawyers has attended these depositions. Don't they have the right to be there, and if so shouldn't they be, or not?

It was so bad for Beaz not to just default the judgment and avoid these horrible depositions, I think it is malpractice. He has mad a lot of extremely novice mistakes in the criminal case as well, he can't even prepare a simple pleading correctly. I think he is in way over his head here. And that is being kind.

ITA TWA
However he must do as his client says. Just as KC was spiteful, so goes Sindy.

I think that is HG's handwriting on the card. I compared that line to Zenaida's signature on other documents and they are nothing alike. I don't know why Zenaida was nodidng her head. Perhaps someone became alarmed at CA's behavior and asked her is f she had some pepper spray handy.

Also, I noticed today while plowing thru the July 24 interview with YM, GA actually says Zenny and then spells it out for Yuri. Z-E-N-N-Y.
:crazy:

Bold is mine-

haha, friggin' George.

That could be...........I took it as if there was "another" ZG somewhere not identified.

The "other" ZG was caught up in a tornado, and whisked away to the Land of Oz. KC is hoping THIS ZFG will bring her the ruby slippers to wear so she can click 3 times and say "There's no place like home" and wake up in her own bed, discovering this has been nothing more than a bad dream.

I admire your benevolence!! I could never, never consider losing jobs, not being able to provide proper food and housing for my children and giving them one iota less than the best I could provide. Especially in the name of protecting a family that had tried to implicate me in a kidnapping and murder. It would pass over time? How many meals should her children be willing to sacrifice for this noble cause?

If I were in ZG's position, I too would not be happy about being negatively associated by circumstance with a high profile case, but if my main concern was to get on with my life and provide the best that I could for my children, I'm sure I would do everything I could to avoid prolonging my exposure to the media and the malicious gossip.

ZG has already appeared on TV, and by bringing this suit against KC has ensured that she (and her children) remain even more firmly in the public's mind than they were ever likely to before. If she gets persuaded by JM to go after CA as well, that'll mean even more months of exposure for herself and her family, and for what? Defamation is not an easy tort to prove and the level of damages awarded is often pretty low. Even if she does win her case and gets a few thousand dollars, it's not going to achieve the alleged goal of her suit - to clear her reputation. Everyone with even one iota of common sense already knows she is not the 'nanny' who 'kidnapped' Caylee, and the ignorant gossipers will carry on regardless.

If I were in ZG's position, I too would not be happy about being negatively associated by circumstance with a high profile case, but if my main concern was to get on with my life and provide the best that I could for my children, I'm sure I would do everything I could to avoid prolonging my exposure to the media and the malicious gossip.

ZG has already appeared on TV, and by bringing this suit against KC has ensured that she (and her children) remain even more firmly in the public's mind than they were ever likely to before. If she gets persuaded by JM to go after CA as well, that'll mean even more months of exposure for herself and her family, and for what? Defamation is not an easy tort to prove and the level of damages awarded is often pretty low. Even if she does win her case and gets a few thousand dollars, it's not going to achieve the alleged goal of her suit - to clear her reputation. Everyone with even one iota of common sense already knows she is not the 'nanny' who 'kidnapped' Caylee, and the ignorant gossipers will carry on regardless.

It's really a no-win situation for her, isn't it? If she had stayed out of the media--no interviews or lawsuits-- I suspect there would be some who would say that this showed she had something to hide because certainly she would speak out and/or sue if she were innocent. Others criticize her for publicly proclaiming that innocence. Perhaps all she really wanted was for Casey to say she wasn't the ZG. Seems like that would be an easy solution, but there has been no such public statement from Casey or her attorney.

I would want to clear my name. And apparently Zenaida Gonzalez and myself are not the only two people who feel that an important step to take. We just watched a "Melissa Huckaby" in California, who has the same name as the arrested murderer of Sandra, step forward and use the media to make sure people know she has no connection to the murder. And with Melissa Huckaby (the innocent), the only connections were the exact same name and a relatively short distance between where she lives and where Sandra lived. With ZG, there is her name, her connection to Sawgrass, and the timeframe within which she was at Sawgrass. That's like a 3-strikes you're out kind of thing.

Even the remotest possibility my name could be associated with the murder of a child would move me to ensure people knew I was not "that" person. I don't believe "just getting on with life" would cut it.

P.S. And Melissa Huckaby at least has the assurance that the "murdering" Melissa Huckaby has been ID'd and arrested. ZG doesn't...she has the accusation of a person with her name being the kidnapper/murderer and no real "ZG" to clear her.

The damage to her reputation started with Casey and spread via the media and malicious gossip by Cindy. She has every right, legal and moral, to fight it the same way. If this offends you then you should be even more offended by the people who started and perpetuated the lies. If not, we'll just have to let it go at this and agree to disagree on this point.

The topic of this thread is Cindy's deposition. thanks :)

The attorney's tone and volume did not rise to the legal level/definition of "bullying" the deponant Cindy Anthony.
(*they're not "witnesses" until a trial or hearing and are referred to as deponant's during depositions.)

The practice of law here in the USA requires a very high level of professionalism and decorum, but as anyone who's deposed a hostile witness will tell you, it's never easy and frankly, I'd have asked to do it in the civil courtroom while the judge was in chambers, so he could have heard Cindy Anthony's responses, tone and volume, which were very rude, hostile, argumentative, and, more importantly, non-responsive to the questions, etc. He'd have handled it very quickly right then and there, and then the attorneys would not have had to endure same for so long.

I fully expect that the trials will include the Anthonys getting into trouble with the judges, as they don't seem to be able to follow the rules of the judicial system.

I would want to clear my name. And apparently Zenaida Gonzalez and myself are not the only two people who feel that an important step to take. We just watched a "Melissa Huckaby" in California, who has the same name as the arrested murderer of Sandra, step forward and use the media to make sure people know she has no connection to the murder. And with Melissa Huckaby (the innocent), the only connections were the exact same name and a relatively short distance between where she lives and where Sandra lived. With ZG, there is her name, her connection to Sawgrass, and the timeframe within which she was at Sawgrass. That's like a 3-strikes you're out kind of thing.

Even the remotest possibility my name could be associated with the murder of a child would move me to ensure people knew I was not "that" person. I don't believe "just getting on with life" would cut it.

P.S. And Melissa Huckaby at least has the assurance that the "murdering" Melissa Huckaby has been ID'd and arrested. ZG doesn't...she has the accusation of a person with her name being the kidnapper/murderer and no real "ZG" to clear her.

I read about the other Melissa Huckaby and the coincidences are amazing. Both the innocent MH and the suspect MH are 28 years old and the innocent MH lives in a neighboring commumity. I think the innocent MH did the right thing.

In this case, as Phumi stated, ZG is in a no-win situation. If she had gone into hiding or moved away, her actions would be suspect. By coming forward and suing for defamation, her actions are suspect by some.

Even if Casey fessed up and said there is no real Zanny the Nanny, and she just "borrowed" ZG's name for her phony story, some would still find ZG's name suspect.

The attorney's tone and volume did not rise to the legal level/definition of "bullying" the deponant Cindy Anthony.
(*they're not "witnesses" until a trial or hearing and are referred to as deponant's during depositions.)

The practice of law here in the USA requires a very high level of professionalism and decorum, but as anyone who's deposed a hostile witness will tell you, it's never easy and frankly, I'd have asked to do it in the civil courtroom while the judge was in chambers, so he could have heard Cindy Anthony's responses, tone and volume, which were very rude, hostile, argumentative, and, more importantly, non-responsive to the questions, etc. He'd have handled it very quickly right then and there, and then the attorneys would not have had to endure same for so long.

I fully expect that the trials will include the Anthonys getting into trouble with the judges, as they don't seem to be able to follow the rules of the judicial system.

I've never denied that CA is a combative individual who thinks she can make up her own rules as she goes along, and I agree that this depo would probably have gone much more smoothly in a courtroom, with the imminent threat of contempt of court hanging over CA's head. I still think however, that IMO, JM reacted unprofessionally to her shenanigans and responded in a retaliatory manner.

I agree that the trial could be quite a show!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCSouthtrust