Cindy's eulogy for Caylee

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the eulogy was nicely written. Somehow, I think that it was written and published in lieu of CA, GA or LA speaking at the memorial. I will not, however, be donating to either the CMA Foundation or Kidfinders.

ditto, here.

As some have already written, I think the Anthony's need to bow out of the "donation" charity business. I am glad they are having this memorial for the people that have been touched by this case, but I really would like to hear that Caylee has been laid to rest in a private service.

Any guesses at to what "pure of heart" means or implies? I found it rather jarring. Who puts that kind of stuff into announcements?

As some have already written, I think the Anthony's need to bow out of the "donation" charity business. I am glad they are having this memorial for the people that have been touched by this case, but I really would like to hear that Caylee has been laid to rest in a private service.

It is custom to mention donations in lieu of flowers. This has nothing to do with them being in a "donation" charity business. Actually in many cultures or nationalities (including mine), its custom to give money to the family when someone dies. I can’t even imagine if they had this custom. Look at how people are reacting to them having donations made to a charity instead of flowers.

the emphasis on "missing" children is self serving.

it fits the liars storyline

in fact, Caylee was never really missing at all.

a missing childs whereabouts are not known by his/her parents.

this was not the case with Caylee.
You're right. There's no comparison.

Any guesses at to what "pure of heart" means or implies? I found it rather jarring. Who puts that kind of stuff into announcements?
Maybe "pure of heart" is referring to the sick protesters that were at the Anthony's front door -- they were disgraceful and were not "pure of heart".

Cindy is a writer as I recall reading her post on MySpace after Caylee went missing (and before KC was arrested)..

Her anger toward those that "reached out" to help showed up the most.... LE, LP, Rob (a dis-invite), Tim and Texas Equusearch, the countless concerned citizens who spent days searching for Caylee, and the list goes on. Does she not appreciate an of these people and their love and help that they unselfishly gave? How about mentioning those who gave pizza, water, bug spray, used their ATV's?????

Her list of non-profits that she mentioned to which people sent in donations in Caylees name was extensive..but I wonder why she left out others, as Texas Equusearch, which I personally donated to in Caylees name.

She mentioned their Caylee Marie Anthony Non-Profit Foundation... (It's ALL about $$)
Don't you think that a non-profit counselling service would be more appropriate with emphasis on "How to Raise Children", Tough Love, Parenting, Rewards and Concequences for behavior and preventitive measures to insure that a repeat of what happened to them, will not happen to anyone else and their family.

Again, as I have heard LP say, this is a Cindy show! Wow! Is it!!! And we wonder why KC trned out how she did! I am truly disgusted.....Didn't mean to rat and no, so far it has not helped!:doh:

Reference:

http://www.wftv.com/news/18669114/detail.html

The family is requesting, in lieu of flowers, that donations be made to Eastside Baptist Church, 1900 Conway Gardens Rd, Orlando Fl., the Orlando Rescue Mission or Kid Finders Network. Because of Caylee so many other children have been the recipient of the kindness and generosity from those who have donated on her behalf. Donations have been made to numerous organizations such as Toys for Tots, The Shriners, St. Jude’s Hospital, The Make a Wish Foundation, The Boys and Girls Club of America, The Orlando Rescue Mission, and Kid Finders Network. Another child will receive a new smile after receiving multiple reconstructive surgeries to repair a cleft palate. Because of this outpouring of compassion the family will continue to honor Caylee’s memory by establishing the Caylee Marie Anthony Foundation. The Foundation’s purpose will be to continue to generate awareness for missing children; and to establish programs to assist in the well being of those children in need of comfort and support during difficult and stressful times.

It is custom to mention donations in lieu of flowers. This has nothing to do with them being in a "donation" charity business. Actually in many cultures or nationalities (including mine), its custom to give money to the family when someone dies. I can’t even imagine if they had this custom. Look at how people are reacting to them having donations made to a charity instead of flowers.

It's customary to have 1 line mentioning donations instead of flowers. I've never seen more written about donations than about the deceased before though, have you?

It's customary to have 1 line mentioning donations instead of flowers. I've never seen more written about donations than about the deceased before though, have you?

Huh? There was one line about the donations...

"The family is requesting, in lieu of flowers, that donations be made to Eastside Baptist Church, 1900 Conway Gardens Road in Orlando; Orlando Rescue Mission; or Kid Finders Network."

There is nothing customary about this baby's murder and most obits do not have to address national media attention. That could have been a heck of a lot of flowers LOL!

IMO, that means don't come if you are going to gawk, gaze, cause trouble, inject yourself into a national media story or do anything except honor Caylee. It was a very tactful way to say it.

good point.

1 paragraph explains who may attend.
1 paragraph asks for donations in lieu of flowers.
1 paragraph explains those helped already by the family.
1 paragraph announces the Caylee Marie Anthony Foundation
1 paragraph tells us that Caylee is watching over other children (this paragraph is the paragraph after the one announcing the new Foundation, it reenforces their campaign to help missing children).

As we all stumble and blunder through this trip we call life, let's be kind to one another. These Grandparents cannot possibly seek to please all of us with their words, nor should they. They are trying as best as they know to remember and honor their little ray of sunshine. She deserves the day that is dedicated to saying goodby to her in a way that helps bring some solace for those left behind. If they make mistakes (in our opinion), so be it. We can overlook those because we are not hurting and wounded the way they are.

It's far too easy to sit back and pick apart every word and phrase. Perhaps they read this board. Consider whether or not you could stand before them and say these words out loud to their face and see the hurt and pain. It puts an entirely different light on everything when you can imagine that.

There is another day that will be set aside to tear apart anything they may have said regarding this tragedy. It's a courtroom trial. Tuesday is the day set aside just for Caylee. There are so many facets to each human being. I want my good side to shine for tomorrow. That's all I can do for Caylee. If you want to say some kind words to the Anthony family, sign the guestbook for Caylee. Here's the link

http://www.legacy.com/gb2/default.aspx?bookID=652956610493

good point.

1 paragraph explains who may attend.
1 paragraph asks for donations in lieu of flowers.
1 paragraph explains those helped already by the family.
1 paragraph announces the Caylee Marie Anthony Foundation
1 paragraph tells us that Caylee is watching over other children (this paragraph is the paragraph after the one announcing the new Foundation, it reenforces their campaign to help missing children).

??? Why keep out paragraphs about about Caylee?

IMO, that means don't come if you are going to gawk, gaze, cause trouble, inject yourself into a national media story or do anything except honor Caylee. It was a very tactful way to say it.

Very well put. I completely understand why Cindy included that line and the above is exactly why.

I honestly thought what Cindy wrote was sincere and from her heart. And I don't believe it's all about the $$$. But I will say I am disappointed the A's are still affiliated with Kid Finder's and left TES out though.

Yes, oddly they only mentioned immediate family and ggparents. I guess Cindy meant it when she told Rick he was out of her life.

thats how MOST are written, you don't include extended family.

the emphasis on "missing" children is self serving.

it fits the liars storyline

in fact, Caylee was never really missing at all.

a missing childs whereabouts are not known by his/her parents.

this was not the case with Caylee.

:clap:

Your right, Caylee was never missing and they all knew it!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Reporter-C.Lin