Cindy's eulogy for Caylee

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This will be my one and only comment in this thread. How is discussing Kidfinders derailing this thread? Are they not mentioned in the Eulogy? How can we discuss the Eulogy without discussing the big white criminal elephant right smack of the middle of it? I find it appalling donations are directed to Kidfinders. The main problem I have with that is they are crooks and many good people will donate to them because they are not aware that they are convicted criminals.

Mine either.....rather sad to see so many 'bashing' prolly what is only a small part of what Cindy will actully say.......the memorial is to be two hours long, is GA speaking, LA, other family members/friends ???

I doubt Cindy brief eulogy written 'for the press' is going to be all that's said.

I actually wish they weren't having a public memorial. This is going to be a train wreck. Nothing they say or do will be okay. It's a sad situation all around.

I think it is in very poor taste to criticize Cindy for what she wrote or for recognizing that Casey was Caylee's mother, which is a fact we can't ignore. Casey is their daughter, it's only natural for them to want her mentioned as Caylee's mother. Besides, she didn't write the eulogy to please the public... it was for them and for Caylee, not for us. Whether we like it or not doesn't matter. If it helps them in some way to find peace, so be it. I know they are hurting right now more than ANY of us could ever imagine, and they will never forget her.
Yes, a lot of people fell in love with Caylee.... but all our love combined could not even be a fraction of what the Anthonys felt for her... they knew her from the moment she was born and had 2 years and 10 months to know and love her.

I actually wish they weren't having a public memorial. This is going to be a train wreck. Nothing they say or do will be okay. It's a sad situation all around.

How true.....

Sad enough to bury a 2 yr. old nevermind that's it's your grandchild & under these circumstances.

This memorial IS for Caylee......

This will be my one and only comment in this thread. How is discussing Kidfinders derailing this thread? Are they not mentioned in the Eulogy? How can we discuss the Eulogy without discussing the big white criminal elephant right smack of the middle of it? I find it appalling donations are directed to Kidfinders. The main problem I have with that is they are crooks and many good people will donate to them because they are not aware that they are convicted criminals.
If the discussion turns more about kidfinders than the eulogy then it is derailing the thread. As I said in my post, if it is discussed in the context of the eulogy then it is on topic.

i think it is quite fair and NOT in poor taste to react to a written statement made by a woman whose "help" in the investigation of her granddaughter's disappearance was highlighted by many many public statements to the media. in those public statements to the media, and through them to the public (us) we were exposed to numerous lies and mistruths which were calculated to throw anyone with clever enough intelligence to see them for what they were. cindy has blessed us with her silence for nearly 2 months now. this obituary (not a eulogy) serves its purpose to ask for donations to those organizations they themselves support, and this practice is done in most every obit i've ever read. i am hopeful this is her last official word on the subject of donations.
the public did not ask her for a statement to be exclusive to the sentinel. the public did not stand outside the house and demand an obituary. as far as i know, the only thing anyone has inquired of the anthony's with any regularity lately is when are they going to bury Caylee. i didn't see that mentioned.
i hope this service will provide them some measure of comfort. i doubt it will for those of us in the public who only observe from a distance. they (we) await the trial which will be the only way we can resolve our very diverse emotions on this case. at the very least, i believe everyone here on this board wants to see finally "justice for Caylee."

I think it is in very poor taste to criticize Cindy for what she wrote or for recognizing that Casey was Caylee's mother, which is a fact we can't ignore. Casey is their daughter, it's only natural for them to want her mentioned as Caylee's mother. Besides, she didn't write the eulogy to please the public... it was for them and for Caylee, not for us. Whether we like it or not doesn't matter. If it helps them in some way to find peace, so be it. I know they are hurting right now more than ANY of us could ever imagine, and they will never forget her.
Yes, a lot of people fell in love with Caylee.... but all our love combined could not even be a fraction of what the Anthonys felt for her... they knew her from the moment she was born and had 2 years and 10 months to know and love her.

I agree. I could never imagine how they have felt the way they do unless I had to experience it. I feel such sorrow for Caylee being gone but can't imagine how they feel. I can't even think about it because I have my own grandchildren. Still, have cried over her though.

ITA! Great post.

i think it is quite fair and NOT in poor taste to react to a written statement made by a woman whose "help" in the investigation of her granddaughter's disappearance was highlighted by many many public statements to the media. in those public statements to the media, and through them to the public (us) we were exposed to numerous lies and mistruths which were calculated to throw anyone with clever enough intelligence to see them for what they were. cindy has blessed us with her silence for nearly 2 months now. this obituary (not a eulogy) serves its purpose to ask for donations to those organizations they themselves support, and this practice is done in most every obit i've ever read. i am hopeful this is her last official word on the subject of donations.
the public did not ask her for a statement to be exclusive to the sentinel. the public did not stand outside the house and demand an obituary. as far as i know, the only thing anyone has inquired of the anthony's with any regularity lately is when are they going to bury Caylee. i didn't see that mentioned.
i hope this service will provide them some measure of comfort. i doubt it will for those of us in the public who only observe from a distance. they (we) await the trial which will be the only way we can resolve our very diverse emotions on this case. at the very least, i believe everyone here on this board wants to see finally "justice for Caylee."

well said. but, i am sure that we have not seen the last of her.

I don't know why exactly but this "eulogy" left a bad taste in my mouth. I suddenly found it difficult to swallow.

Mine either.....rather sad to see so many 'bashing' prolly what is only a small part of what Cindy will actully say.......the memorial is to be two hours long, is GA speaking, LA, other family members/friends ???

I doubt Cindy's brief eulogy written 'for the press' is going to be all that's said.

I believe in his presser the other day BC said they would not be speaking.

I'm wondering why, given the Caylee Marie Anthony Foundation was established in October, that they chose to announce it in the eulogy? Did it occur to them that the pubic might be upset to find out the whole family, including Mallory and her mom will be working for the organization? I just don't get why you'd put something so controversial in the eulogy?

I'm wondering why, given the Caylee Marie Anthony Foundation was established in October, that they chose to announce it in the eulogy? Did it occur to them that the pubic might be upset to find out the whole family, including Mallory and her mom will be working for the organization? I just don't get why you'd put something so controversial in the eulogy?

Truthfully, I've seen almost the very same format used in the obits of other missing children. I think Cindy wrote part of it... but KidFinders or some other organization provided the template. It just reads too similarly to the others I've seen.

There is an umbrella organization and I can't recall the name of it. Perhaps someone else knows.

~Jai-yen

I just re-read this bit of the eulogy...

*Because of this outpouring of compassion, the family will continue to honor Caylee's memory by establishing the Caylee Marie Anthony Foundation
I think that's misleading...it says they are establishing it to continue to honor her memory, but they established it in October when they were still going on tv swearing they knew she was alive?? Maybe the psychic told them they should do it?

Please people its just Semantics

I couldn't even SPEAK at my Mothers Funeral.

Truthfully, I've seen almost the very same format used in the obits of other missing children. I think Cindy wrote part of it... but KidFinders or some other organization provided the template. It just reads too similarly to the others I've seen.

There is an umbrella organization and I can't recall the name of it. Perhaps someone else knows.

~Jai-yen

A template eulogy...wow...never knew they existed, but I suppose they are very helpful if the death was sudden etc and the family didn't have much time to prepare one and are still in a shocked state when they have to make the announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc