Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great work Sutton; also much appreciated. You had me going through my recycling bin (ready for shredding) to dig out my notes. What I'll do is use your timestamps (if you don't mind) and slot in what was happening in the footage at the time and post. I have all that info already written down. I think this might give us an idea of why police included certain footage.

I am certainly of the same opinion as yourself regarding the police having cut the original footage to shreds literally.

I posted my conclusion on the CCTV tapes, but it is quite lengthy and I don't want to regress the thread from the current topics. So I edited it and posted to my WS blog, as maybe it will come up again or there may be room for current discussion.

Here is the link to the post:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/entry.php?1653-CCTV-Footage-of-MM

I reached the conclusion that there are no possible increments that correspond with (or come close to) the footage that was released. Police must have uninterrupted footage from both the North-facing and the South-facing cameras. Police only released a few seconds of MM, from the South-facing camera. There must also be footage of MM's face as he approaches Jane and as he continues walking past her.

This file shows my calculations (explained in the blog post).

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4hhx55tuf2lvbyz/AADPPnnEKuunIri1Qig6dv9Ma?dl=0

Feel free to ask any questions (via PM if complex). And please post any errors you see.

I totally agree with you Sutton!
It's all over the shop and I for one am so I'm so sick of the police playing silly buggers.
They say they want the public's help but refuse to clarify even the simplest of things!

I had a very good contact within Battye Library and currently attempting to make contact; don't know if they're still working there. If they are I'll see what assistance they can give re obtaining articles not only detailed below, but all if possible. I'll ask for them to be copied to CD if possible.

I've used the Battye Library search engine and came up with the following articles; there are a couple of articles specifically relative to Williams. "suspect speaks out" dated 2002 is an interview by well known journo Allison Fan. Another "mother's plea for peace" is an interview with Norma Williams (his mother).

When you open the below link the search parameter was 'claremont murders', you can open sublinks and read a synopsis of the article.

http://encore.slwa.wa.gov.au/iii/encore/search/C__Sclaremont%20murders__Orightresult__U?lang=eng&suite=def

The below links search parameter was 'sarah spiers':

[url]http://encore.slwa.wa.gov.au/iii/encore/search/C__Ssarah%20spiers__Orightresult__U?lang=eng&suite=def

Jane Rimmer
http://encore.slwa.wa.gov.au/iii/encore/search/C__Sjane rimmer__Orightresult__U?lang=eng&suite=def

Ciara Glennon
http://encore.slwa.wa.gov.au/iii/encore/search/C__Sciara glennon__Orightresult__U?lang=eng&suite=def

Below article is about David Caldwell (profiler's) information
http://encore.slwa.wa.gov.au/iii/en...P0,13__Orightresult__U__X1?lang=eng&suite=def

[/URL]

What kind of line are police referring to; there are various types of line used:

• metal wire stands bundled together
  • metal encased in plastic outer coating which can be varied in colour
  • cord manufactured out of polyester or similar materials which can also be varied in colour and texture. Some cord also contain patterns
  • cord (as above) encased in plastic coating which can be varied in colour
  • All the above come in different thicknesses

Given the initial release of information re the Karrakatta rape referred to 'telephone or electrical cable' was this description the responsibility of a forensics officer after examining indentations on the victim's wrists or other body areas or did she get away with a sample ? If she did not get away with a sample, one of the dotpoint choices involving plastic coating might be the one used.

It would be nice if we could get it confirmed 100% if it was telephone cable or washing line.

Also where does the screen printing lead come from? It can be assumed that the telephone cable/washing line comes from the girls being bound by wire such as this, but I know this is not the case. No scars, or marks from being bound was found on either of the girls, if they were it is TOP SECRET even more secret then the apparent cause of death. I can only assume that Police have obtained this lead from the rape at Karrakatta Cemtery, as I think I can recall that she was blitz attacked, bag over her head and bound up. This further confirms my theory that Police connected the Karrakatta rape many years ago inbetween 2004 and 2009. Why are Police releasing information like this that is apparently a "break through" when they knew about it years earlier? Police are up to something, I believe they are deliberately stalling before the entire case gets handed over to the Coroner, but before they do that they are covering their assess and cleaning up the invesgitation case file/s and evidence so it does not look like a complete shambles when it's handed over.

I had a very good contact within Battye Library and currently attempting to make contact; don't know if they're still working there. If they are I'll see what assistance they can give re obtaining articles not only detailed below, but all if possible. I'll ask for them to be copied to CD if possible.

I've used the Battye Library search engine and came up with the following articles; there are a couple of articles specifically relative to Williams. "suspect speaks out" dated 2002 is an interview by well known journo Allison Fan. Another "mother's plea for peace" is an interview with Norma Williams (his mother).

When you open the below link the search parameter was 'claremont murders', you can open sublinks and read a synopsis of the article.

http://encore.slwa.wa.gov.au/iii/encore/search/C__Sclaremont%20murders__Orightresult__U?lang=eng&suite=def

The below links search parameter was 'sarah spiers':

[url]http://encore.slwa.wa.gov.au/iii/encore/search/C__Ssarah%20spiers__Orightresult__U?lang=eng&suite=def

Jane Rimmer
http://encore.slwa.wa.gov.au/iii/encore/search/C__Sjane rimmer__Orightresult__U?lang=eng&suite=def

Ciara Glennon
http://encore.slwa.wa.gov.au/iii/encore/search/C__Sciara glennon__Orightresult__U?lang=eng&suite=def

Below article is about David Caldwell (profiler's) information
http://encore.slwa.wa.gov.au/iii/en...P0,13__Orightresult__U__X1?lang=eng&suite=def

[/URL]

Thank you so much for this papertrail, I hope your search proves fruitful. Excellent forum contributor.

What kind of line are police referring to; there are various types of line used:

• metal wire stands bundled together
  • metal encased in plastic outer coating which can be varied in colour
  • cord manufactured out of polyester or similar materials which can also be varied in colour and texture. Some cord also contain patterns
  • cord (as above) encased in plastic coating which can be varied in colour
  • All the above come in different thicknesses

Given the initial release of information re the Karrakatta rape referred to 'telephone or electrical cable' was this description the responsibility of a forensics officer after examining indentations on the victim's wrists or other body areas or did she get away with a sample ? If she did not get away with a sample, one of the dotpoint choices involving plastic coating might be the one used.
BBM - I tend to think it was more likely to be something similar to #3 on your list.

Link to your post #1132 with the attached "14 May 2011" original Post article by Bret Christian that mentions the rope/clothesline.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...h-Western-Australia-2&p=12169162#post12169162

MAY 15, 2011: Fresh clue in Claremont serial killer case
http://www.news.com.au/national/fre...rial-killer-case/story-e6frfkp9-1226056298037

Detectives contacted the former screen printing and picture framing business owner, Lee Partridge, asking if rope was left in a carpark behind the store, a local newspaper has reported.

The Post says this:

Two new clues to the Claremont serial killer have been uncovered. The man who terrorised the western suburbs in the mid- 1990s drove a white mid-1990s Holden Commodore VS Series 1, most likely a station wagon, to abduct and murder at least two of his victims. The killer also has some link to screen-printing, the manual process of printing coloured words and patterns on fabric such as T-shirts and other clothing.

"At least two victms". Does this mean they have collected car fibers from CG and JR? The article only talks about JR. Or are they just going off the fact that CG was least seen talking to the driver of a white holden commodore station wagon?

Also - not sure it matters whether it was rope or clothesline. What matters is how the screen printing material got on there. How does that happen? From hanging freshly screen printed clothes on a clothesline/rope used as clothesline? That part confuses me.

CSK must have stopped because he realised he had been spotted talking to CG. And maybe he also became aware that he could be leaving DNA on victims (he obviously was too stupid to be aware of it earlier). Sounds like he realised too late though anyway.

Methodical - no
Smart - no
Professional - no

He got spotted by witnesses. Total dunce.

Whatever the case re abduction - the car fibers indicate that the white commodore was a disposal vehicle.

The article said the fibers could not come from sitting regularly in a vehicle. Which means the victims must have been driven to disposal sites while deceased/lying down.

This guy is obviously not the same IQ as Highgate boot man, because he has not used plastic lining in his boot/back of car.

So, given that he obviously doesn't care about traces of the victims being found inside the car - does this mean it is actually his car he is using?

I still can't believe he allowed himself to be spotted talking to CG on stirling highway by just randomly pulling up with no thought given to potential witnesses on a busy road. Same with SS by the sounds of it.

I guess the question is...how do these clues relate to each victim.
Was washing line only used in the Karrakatta rape?
The karraktta victim believed it to be telephone/electrical cable ( both plastic coated)
and yet, as pointed out by Enzeder, police were asking Lee Partridge about rope. Was rope used on other victims?
Was the printing ink found on the rope?... or the washing line?
How did that substance get there? It's not usual to hang garments on a line in a professional setting but very possible in a domestic/hobby setting. Fabric painting was big in the 90's.
The only way that I can think of for that ink/dye/paint to be present, is if it was on the users hands and transferred that way.
Begs the question...Does it necessarily mean that the substance came from a professional printer?. Did the CSK bring the washing line with him or did he acquire it from someones yard?
So many questions...so few answers!

The Post says this:

Two new clues to the Claremont serial killer have been uncovered. The man who terrorised the western suburbs in the mid- 1990s drove a white mid-1990s Holden Commodore VS Series 1, most likely a station wagon, to abduct and murder at least two of his victims. The killer also has some link to screen-printing, the manual process of printing coloured words and patterns on fabric such as T-shirts and other clothing.

"At least two victms". Does this mean they have collected car fibers from CG and JR? The article only talks about JR. Or are they just going off the fact that CG was least seen talking to the driver of a white holden commodore station wagon?...

Snipped. This article from clearly links Ciara to a white Holden station wagon. On Aug. 30, 2008 the Post published an article titled, Murder suspect drove Holden wagon. The article describes the vehicle as white.

If this was published as the title of the article, someone must have told Bret Christian (be he the author or publisher) that with a high degree of confidence. The article does not indicate he spoke with the witnesses.

The year and style are new info. But I guess they could have fibers as well, who really knows?

http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthre...y-1996-from-Claremont-Perth-Western-Australia

Text of article is at the end of the first post.

...Was the printing ink found on the rope?... or the washing line?
How did that substance get there? It's not usual to hang garments on a line in a professional setting but very possible in a domestic/hobby setting. Fabric painting was big in the 90's...

Snipped. This is a good point^^.

When you screen print, you don't hang the items up to dry. There are drying agents in the ink that speed up the process. Each color is laid down separately (after previous color has dried).

If you hang fabric with wet ink, the ink will run.

Also, who would want to hang 50-500 shirts to dry, unhang them for the second color, rehang, and so forth? And where would one do that? In the parking lot?

This doesn't sound right.

It's possible. But I think we should stay open to the ideas [that many posters are putting forth] that screen printing 'materials' might be found in other places.

It is interesting that police are looking for something that is not tied to a printing shop, but a screen printing shop.

Note: I obtained all my printing knowledge from the Internet when I researched the screen printing connection some time back.

The Post says this:

"At least two victms". Does this mean they have collected car fibers from CG and JR? The article only talks about JR. Or are they just going off the fact that CG was least seen talking to the driver of a white holden commodore station wagon?

Also - not sure it matters whether it was rope or clothesline. What matters is how the screen printing material got on there. How does that happen? From hanging freshly screen printed clothes on a clothesline/rope used as clothesline? That part confuses me.

CSK must have stopped because he realised he had been spotted talking to CG. And maybe he also became aware that he could be leaving DNA on victims (he obviously was too stupid to be aware of it earlier). Sounds like he realised too late though anyway.

Methodical - no
Smart - no
Professional - no

He got spotted by witnesses. Total dunce.

It looks like the investigation was a complete *advertiser censored* up. They have the DNA but don't have a suspect. They haven't released any key information to the public until over 10 years, and now 20 years down the track, when almost everyone would have forgotten or had their interest in the case wane due to time. They have spent so much Police resources and Money and needed review after review to stare them in the right direction after using keystone tactics to do Police work.

It appears the serial rapist in the Karrakatta case sat in a car park waiting for his victim before abducting them in a blitz attack and bounding them with 'washing line' before throwing them into his vehicle (Panel Van) and transporting the victim to the cemetery to carry out the rape (Victim blindfolded). -So it is possible this is his 'safe' spot, or 'kill' spot.

Fast forward and he has access to the latest Holden Commodore VS Series 1 (Likely Station Wagon) which is apparently 'White' in colour and he is now cruising the streets looking to bungle them into the car via a blitz attack. It is unclear whether this was carried out near the male witnesses at the bus stop, or whether he drove further down the road (or lane way) and pulled in somewhere and waited for his victim to bungle into the vehicle during the 'blitz attack'

It would be nice if the quality of the information the public received was high enough for them to atleast help the Police in their inquiries, instead of the secrecy that has hindered this case and made a mockery of any public appeal.

It looks like the critical car information, and mystery man, was apparently only important enough to release almost 10 years (if not longer) after the Claremont murders happened. They narrowed the case from the beginning and allowed the most corrupt shady Police figures to get their hands on the file and taint the crucial early years.

Now we have a serial rapist bungling people into vehicles with washing line / rope, possibly killing his victims with this washing/ rope. We had an FBI agent tell our local Police two key cases were linked to the serial rapist (Karrakatta and the CSK cases). The Police knew at this stage both vehicles that the serial rapist apparently drove. He was not lining his boot with anything and just leaving his victims bound in the back seat leaving fibres instead of trying to cover evidence. The serial rapist was reckless, he did not care to be caught it seemed, or did not care about covering DNA or evidence. He may have hid Sarah Spiers only because he raped her before hiding her, and with Ciara Glennon and Jane Rimmer he may have just dumped them both at opposite ends of Perth as he escalated to just outright murder.

Which makes the drop zones interesting, probably two points as far from his home as possible without spending too much of the night out and about.

Not sure where the ink comes into it, but didn't the Police believe printing parts were possibly 'stolen' implying the rapist may have been doing the printing at home? or he may have stolen washing line from a location and the Police are just confused, hoping, and cant really pinpoint exactly which screen printing business the printing elements came from. Or maybe they have, or can, and if they can work out who may have stolen them, then they can work out who this serial rapist is.

And you don't know whether this serial rapist at first just bound and bungled his victims into the vehicles, and then later on decided to line his boot with plastic knowing he had made mistakes previously, then changing his MO to seek a new 'easier' hunting ground to keep a low profile.

Police were taking huge amounts of DNA from the early days so it makes you wonder when they first had the DNA evidence? Or knew they had a profile, it is mind baffling they never ran some of the key evidence against other cases though. Only to get a match. If this case is as high profile as they come it does make you wonder what a bad Police officer/ Detective would be like in WA.

The most amazing thing is the Police didnt release key evidence that the Public could have helped with, like identifying the cars and releasing the info immediately. They have bungled the case and 20 years later hoping that by releasing this now they wont be made to look totally inept when the Coronial Inquest eventually happens and reveals all the incompetence the case has to throw around.

I wonder what particular height Bayens considered the description 'tall' to mean ?

When Morey attempted to murder the ex Highgate streetworker on 12 December 2003 he was driving a white Holden Commodore VP series stationwagon (was the use of that model in the CIA doc deliberate to 'rattle the cage' as the police call it).

This attempt occurred near bushland in Maguire Road Helena Valley. At the time he picked up this woman in Highgate they had driven to two other of the woman's 'favoured' locations but he chose the Helena Valley location. He was nailed via DNA contained in a minute blood droplet located in the victim's hair. His excuse for the blood in her hair was that was that he'd actually picked her up hitchhiking in a far north Perth suburb (from memory near Whitfords) not far from his mother inlaws house located in Two Rocks; and he visited that residence on the night of the attempted murder (mother in law testified at trial). He had noticed the woman crying on the side of the road and he stopped to help her (sure). When he was consoling her (in his vehicle) she must have cut his hand with her fingernails and that is how his blood droplet got into her hair. He was convicted and currently serving sentence due for release in late 2015 / early 2016.

At the time of this attempted murder he was living with the same girlfriend that he was living with at the time Sarah McMahon disappeared. This girlfriend was called as a witness in the recent Coroners Hearing. She was the one that took control of his 'kit bag' after she had collected it from where witnesses said they had observed Sarah McMahon's deceased body. The girlfriend stated that she had handed the 'kit bag' over to a male acquaintance. The 'kit bag' contained pornographic material that detailed extreme violence, rope, tape etc. All detailed in the corners hearing report available on google. The girlfriend also laundered is clothes that he had worn on the night of the attempted murder in 2003.

A short time after Sarah McMahon's disappearance a very brief newspaper article written by a crime reporter (who subsequently became the editor of a leading West Australian newspaper [not Bret]) detailed that Morey had a connection to an art gallery / picture framing business and that he was an abattoir worker (not mentioned in the coroners hearing for some reason) which from memory (the art gallery) was linked to his girlfriend (detailed above). I do not know if she was an artist.

Morey is also believed to be involved in the disappearance / murder of Darrylyn Ugle on 25/3/2003, another Highgate streetworker. Her remains were found on a burnt tree stump at Farrell Grove picnic area near Mundaring Weir. Skull had been damaged and rope ligature used.

This girlfriend is blonde and quite tall; I would guesstimate just under 175 - 180cms.

Morey had previously been convicted (in WA) of 2 x armed robberies which had occurred in late 1989 (Midland / Guildford) and arrested a short time later; this occurred not longer after he returned from Qld. The trial was in 1992 and sentence handed down in very early 1993. He received 7 years. Do prison terms commence from date of arrest or date of offense ? I don't know when he was released but in any event he would have been out for the disappearance of Lisa Brown, another Highgate streetworker taken on 9 November 1998 (still missing). Just two years prior to Sarah McMahon's disappearance on 8 November 2000.

He had been imprisoned in Qld in 1988 (March to Nov) and escaped in November 1988 and was relocated in WA sent back to Qld; therefore he could not be involved in the Julie Cutler disappearance. On completion of sentence he headed straight to WA and changed his surname from Matusevich (his father's surname) to Morey (his mother's maiden surname). I don't know why he was sentenced in Qld. He had spent time in Pentridge as well and married a prison guard; they had 2 children.

He has been in the justice system since he was very very young; started out in South Australia as a juvenile offender.

That is why I asked the question about DNA in blood. I don't believe they would have taken his DNA at the time of arrest for 1989 offences. We know they have a droplet of his blood for 2003 arrest and conviction. They surely would have collected his full DNA for that offense. I believe (currently and for some time) DNA is collected from all prisoners.

I don't know Morey's physical height description; but his girlfriend is pretty tall but that doesn't tell us anything does it. Some men prefer tall women and some taller women prefer shorter men.

Could he be the suspect referred to in the CIA doc; the one with the loaded rifle under seat; could be if his release date / serving time was calculated from 1st armed robbery in 1989 (I'll get the date) ? Could he be the guy Bayens referred to; yep. Although I think the details about Bayens' guy is that his poi drove a sedan; perhaps that was his girlfriends vehicle and that is why boot was fully lined - easy cleanup no questions.

On the prison sentences in WA.

Your sentence is served from the day you are immediately taken into prison (before sentencing). It is always backdated to the date you were taken into custody. For sexual/ violent crimes you probably will not get bail.

Most manslaughter cases, or sexual assault/ rape cases etc if the sentence is 5-7 years the perp will more than likely only spend half that time providing he is good. The full sentence doesn't include the parole period. Some cases you may not go to Prison at all. You will have a suspended sentence so if you do a future crime during that period you will then serve the sentence.

It is incredibly unlikely, and extremely unlikely, for anyone to ever serve a full sentence in WA. It is far more like they will serve 50%-60% of their sentence. Especially for crimes less than 10 years. Crimes for murder may only get you 8-12 years in some cases, and some people have been out after very short periods. It is a very lenient system not designed around justice but instead on rehabilitation to the detriment of the victims and their families. But its cheaper to get them back into the economy than worry about a few poor unfortunate souls it seems.

Bret Christian’s quote was “she was bound with, what she thought was, telephone cable”. This suggests that the washing line could be similar to the lightweight and cheap plastic type material which was and is a very common household clothes line. Nylon or polypropylene rope, especially if frayed, would have had a distinct feel to the wrists and hands, and would not feel like telephone flex, rather, normal rope.

It is reasonable to assume that the killer was confident with the manipulation of such washing line material, which would act a lot like a thin electrical cable. It can be difficult to tie knots with and improvise in a dexterously efficient fashion, unless one has had abundant practise and knowledge of knots. With that being said, it is also reasonable to approach the possibility that he may have worked in the field of tying or manipulating a line of similar characteristics. The list of jobs this may include is endless.

There was a very basic pattern of vehicle travel that may have some sort of geographical significance. The CG and SS cases involved a vehicle/ vehicles that had been spotted travelling in a West and South direction. We can refer to this as a pre-abduction direction of travel. To travel from Rowe Park to the Karrakatta Cemetery, you would be travelling North-East. This appears to be a post-abduction direction of travel.

From research conducted as part of geographical profiling literature, the majority of serial killer disposal sites create a radial pattern from the killer’s residence, suggesting that the killer lived centrally within the Perth metropolitan area, perhaps in a North-Eastern direction from Claremont itself.

Further to Bret Christian’s information, the KV was apparently blindfolded with a bag over her head. This would be significant enough to label as the MO for the first attack.

The main question is this: Assuming the girls entered the car voluntarily, what method did the killer feel comfortable with to restrain them? It is difficult to incapacitate someone when you’re seated next to them in a car, unless there is some pre-determined drill that had been practiced and thought out.

Research suggests that this type of organised serial killer is prone to use deceit to entrap his victims, and polypropylene/plastic rope has been used for asphyxiation in a number of serial murders of the past.

It may have been a real police car. It was common then for officers to take vehicles home at night. It could have been an unmarked detectives or traffic vehicle which even though they were fitted with police radios etc., were pretty hard to spot from the outside. They didn't wear government number plates either. Some vehicles were pool vehicles, and others were assigned to individual officers on a regular basis, especially if you worked in a smaller squad, like Traffic Camera, Forensics, Photo etc.
VS' back then were expensive, and usually only went into private ownership after being released from fleets. Telecom used white ones, it was their fleet color, and so did companies using them as technicians cars, but Falcons were more popular (bigger/more comfortable/more reliable). Plus white color wasn't very desirable in the private market, as they were generally seen as ex-Telstra or Police vehicles.

It sounds to me like a work vehicle/police car, and remember back then policemen were armed, and some even unofficially carried private sidearms. You don't need to carry out a blitz attack when you are showing a Police ID.

It may have been a real police car. It was common then for officers to take vehicles home at night. It could have been an unmarked detectives or traffic vehicle which even though they were fitted with police radios etc., were pretty hard to spot from the outside. They didn't wear government number plates either. Some vehicles were pool vehicles, and others were assigned to individual officers on a regular basis, especially if you worked in a smaller squad, like Traffic Camera, Forensics, Photo etc.
VS' back then were expensive, and usually only went into private ownership after being released from fleets. Telecom used white ones, it was their fleet color, and so did companies using them as technicians cars, but Falcons were more popular (bigger/more comfortable/more reliable). Plus white color wasn't very desirable in the private market, as they were generally seen as ex-Telstra or Police vehicles.

It sounds to me like a work vehicle/police car, and remember back then policemen were armed, and some even unofficially carried private sidearms. You don't need to carry out a blitz attack when you are showing a Police ID.

Do you remember whether the police had any unmarked panel vans?

I nearly convinced about the vehicle being an unmarked police car as I think the girls would have only trusted an officer enough to have accepted a lift from one. But I keep remembering CCTV footage Ive seen of a white car that pulls up in front of Jane outside and her looking like she is about to step forward to get in.

Another possibility is that she met him "off duty" that night. What struck me was that she knew the car that pulled up was for her - whether that because she had been waiting ages for a taxi or for a lift she had previously arranged. The fact it was just past 12am, and her constant checking of her watch suggests to me a meet up was arranged earlier with car owner at midnight outside the Conty (pulled up in disabled bay)

It could also explain the secrecy - police looking at footage and knowing that it is in fact an unmarked car - one of their own. There are ways to identify them, I remember being able to spot them from the ariel/antenna.

So instead of coming out and saying it, the focus has been on the colour, make, model of car rather a distinguishing feature, like the aerial that would make someone take notice. Usually when an appeal is made and refer to a car they'll also mention something memorable - like mag wheels, partial number plate etc. They didn't realise any of this at the time ie CCTV and the only reference to Ciara last movements was that she was seen on Stirling Hwy.

Perhaps the secrecy was not to keep from the general public, but the rest of the police force.

But, if they have DNA as stated by The Post then LE and even former LE would easily be eliminated. Not least because forensics would need fingerprints and likely DNA from serving LE officers to eliminate from crime scenes...

More difficult to eliminate civilian employees who might also have access to private-plated official vehicles after hours (aka "home garaging"). Usually this right goes with some seniority.

From memory, only *senior police officers were provided with vehicles. They usually had the choice of a Ford or Holden sedan, most opting for upmarket Ford's. The vehicles were for the use of that officer only and weren't part of a general pool.

*When I say senior officer's, I mean District Sup's upwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298