Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good find...I think. John employs a unique writing style, throwing punctuation and other rules of grammar to the wind.

The way it's written implies a piece of adhesive tape was found at the scene.

I don't remember Malcolm Boots' quote about a DNA match. Does anyone else? Or is John saying this is something Mr Boots texted him?

I am lost at everything after 'sms'.

I think John referred to adhesive tape used by the forensics team for collecting minute samples. Recent Postnewspaper article detailed '50' samples.

Funny the things you find in the 'background' in the CIA doc.

One of the newspaper articles from 96 re the JR site, stated that Police went back to the site on 17 February 1997 to conduct further searches; due to the waterlogged nature of the area during their initial examination of the area at time of JR was discovered.

One particular section of footage included in the CIA doc, showed police officers at work on the 'clunky' computers. on the pinboard behind there are a couple of interesting aerial photographs of JR's site. I've attached.

Interesting what police chose to mount on their pinboard.

Could this February 1997 visit to the JR site have 'forced' the perp the perp to change his future plans and to choose another disposal site in a totally opposing area ?

Attachments

• Photo0390.jpg
    Photo0390.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 51
  • Photo0389.jpg
    Photo0389.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 45
this was posted on gary hughes blog in 2007

john
Thu 22 Mar 07 (12:35am)

police seek and are aware of killer with military background [which was mentioned in past by media] the first question asked to me[am i ex military]by macro at crane house perth they somewhat agreed he may have known his victims rimmer was dumped on left side woolcott rd wellard[thanks for suburb correction]drive north from miller rd hi phantom 62 glennon was a small petit girl easy to carry[i know that from a woman friend who went to same school and new her mother who also taught their aswell she new cutler who went their also] unlike rimmer she was carried from vechicle to dump site what i ask is was she carried to and dumped 40 metres at side of bitumen rd or side of track that runs parallel head west to coast or dump side bitumen head east from coast basically i want to know if she was dumped at side of bitumen rd or side of track theory is he carried body so not to scratch his car the hit [match] found on ahdesive tape at rimmer site by international review found but missed by macro is not the big dna match mentioned by malcolm boots[uk forensic scentist at the review]but obviously would say when we conversed and sms in uk i believe is a victim-suspect or victim-victim[unrelated] or victim-victim [unrelated]to suspect personally i believe a cloths fibre match? by scs ex assist oic vinney kins....saying to me we want physical evidence suggests state crime squad have suspect exibits reason why enquiry is ongoing

pretty hard to read. but this guy has knowledge of the fibers being found on JR back then.

Interesting 3/12/04 ABC transcript re Malcolm Boots' involvement and 'a find'.
http://www.abc.net.au/pm/content/2004/s1257731.htm

The freeway was extended from Thomas Rd to Baldivis Rd in the 2000's and was completed in mid 2001. Thomas rd was the end of the freeway at the time of CSK.

Section "further extensions" information conflicts with your date. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kwinana_Freeway

Maybe you should read it again:

"A12-kilometre-long (7.5 mi) extension along this alignment, to Safety Bay Road in Baldivis, was opened on 23 June 2001 by Premier Geoff Gallop"

Thomas Rd was the end of the Kwinana Freeway until June 2001.

For those of you who are interested, I've included two presentations demonstrating the information management system that Macro used in relation to the disappearances.

http://www.holmes2.com/holmes2/sampleinv/Main.ppt

http://www.holmes2.com/holmes2/sampleinv/Supplementary.ppt

How did you come by this information ?

One thing I've always been concerned about, is information that is fed to Crimestoppers by the public and how that was handled ? Crimestoppers staff were not commissioned police officers and the staff had the ability to form an opinion as to whether they considered information valuable. I'd like to know how many steps along the way did information get processed through, until it reached the Holmes 1 and Holmes 2 systems.

The Schramm Review and Malcolm Boots are detailed in the book pages 264 /265. Was Marshall blogging as 'john' ???

Given JR's disposal site was very close to the Woolcoot Road fenceline of the property 619 Millar Road, and the extremely thick bushland that was growing between Woolcoot Road and this fenceline -- this would have made it extremely difficult for the perp, and it did not appear to me that a path had been cut by the perp to give him access, prior to her remains being located.

I consider it plausible the perp accessed his chosen disposal site via Mortimer Road then down one of many of the tracks that existed ex Mortimer and this would keep him well out of view with 'easy' access to dispose of JR's remains over fence. I've attached a Landgate aerial shot taken 6 Feb 1995.

Note the area I think is plausible the perp could have used is pointed out with black lines.

I've also taken a couple of stills of from the CIA doc, showing an aerial view the police had obviously captured of the Wellard site. In separate message.

Having been to both the JR and CG sites, it's clear this guy must be of relatively strong build.

JR was lifted over a small fence and CG was carried well into the bush.

Both situations would have taken well over 60 seconds, certainly wasn't a dump/drive scenario. Very brazen.

I'm not offering anything tangible here, these are just things that struck me when I visied the sites.

Parkie, can you translate John's comment for us?

Read (fully) the online articles with specs that I posted a couple of weeks ago. The Calais and Berlina were upmarket models in that they had all the whizbang new fangdangled electrics and computers installed.

The Calais and Berlina were upmarket models in that they had all the whizbang new fangdangled electrics and computers installed. - AGREE

Note: Calais was never made in a wagon. Ever.

Please explain how you link a fibre to "whizbang new fangdangled electrics" and therefore your Berlina theory - without fantasising that CSK preferred electric windows, central locking and a trip computer simply because he was/is a planning genius.

I'm not having a go at you, I just fail to see how you have concluded a Berlina was the vehicle as opposed to a standard Commodore.

I consider it plausible the perp accessed his chosen disposal site via Mortimer Road then down one of many of the tracks that existed ex Mortimer and this would keep him well out of view with 'easy' access to dispose of JR's remains over fence. I've attached a Landgate aerial shot taken 6 Feb 1995.

Note the area I think is plausible the perp could have used is pointed out with black lines..

Sorry paper trail but:
are you assuming the CSK transferred JR from the 2wd to a 4wd ute?
or used a 4wd to scope the location?
because unless those tracks are limestone or gravel (which I doubt) then chances of getting bogged is pretty good. Those blocks have soft grey sand, so soft that it's quite easy to get bogged on a firebreak if you haven't deflated your tyres (Bushfire experience).

i can assure all those reading this that Woolcoot Rd near Millar Rd is dead quiet at night. Even now. You can drive down there during the day and it's like that (with exception of the new developments). Thus why people do burn outs /hoon / drag out there. The area is poorly lit. Driving down or up Woolcoot Rd would not have been high risk- quite the opposite.

If I had a brand new car, I wouldn't want to drive on an unsealed rd. Did the CSK? If not, the routes Bart and Myself have posted are most likely.

Personally,based on google street view, the Pippidiny Rd track for CG looks drivable for a 2wd.

I personally don't understand why JR was left where she was. As I've pointed out in my last several posts, he couldn't take the fwy to Mortimer Rd, and the possible alternative routes stated by Bart ( Rockingham Rd Route) and myself (Through Casuarina) have better dumping locations in terms of being more convenient, lower risk and 'easier' (iv stated example locations).

Consider a Telstra employee.

1. May have had access to a van similar to that used in the Karrakatta rape. Though you'd assume it would be full of tools and not offering much room for the perp, possibly explaining why he decided to take the victim out of the van into the cemetery.
2. Would have had access to phone cord to tie up the Karrakatta victim.
3. Van to Wagon switch - may have had access to pool cars or possibly received a promotion.
4. Police apparently DNA tested as many Commodore Wagon owners (or those with access) for DNA as they could. If it was a pool car, this could explain how he slipped through this net.
5. Would do lots of driving across Perth to maintain communication lines or whatnot. This fits the MACRO profile of 'lots of driving' and perhaps explains the knowledge of disposal sites.
6. Trusted. A government telecommunications person is arguably a trusted professional. Might explain how he was able to get GC near his car.
7. Hiding in plain sight. A Telstra van/wagon/employee could be sitting in their van anywhere and you probably wouldn't blink an eye.
8. Access to phone lines or taxi lines? Would the technology have existed back then to tap into phone lines or taxi dispatch? Might explain SS
9. Link to printing industry. I've got no idea how this could fit into this theory.

That's a very high-level theory at best, though I'd like to know if any of you could add any other links to a Telstra employee and known facts about CSK.

The Calais and Berlina were upmarket models in that they had all the whizbang new fangdangled electrics and computers installed. - AGREE

Note: Calais was never made in a wagon. Ever.

Please explain how you link a fibre to "whizbang new fangdangled electrics" and therefore your Berlina theory - without fantasising that CSK preferred electric windows, central locking and a trip computer simply because he was/is a planning genius.

I'm not having a go at you, I just fail to see how you have concluded a Berlina was the vehicle as opposed to a standard Commodore.

Because I doubted, as I have written various times, that Holden would have gone to the expense and effort of using a one-off fabric in the run of the mill Commodore.

Also, I don't believe I have stated in my discussions regarding the Calais that there was a Calais station wagon. If you take the time to go back and reread all of my comments I started off by writing that I believed it possible that CG may have been witness speaking to someone driving a station wagon, said no thanks or whatever, then continued on her journey back to Mosman Park, and then another driver, perhaps driving a sedan Berlina or Calais has abducted her.

You're starting to sound a bit like Bart lol !

Sorry paper trail but:
are you assuming the CSK transferred JR from the 2wd to a 4wd ute?
or used a 4wd to scope the location?
because unless those tracks are limestone or gravel (which I doubt) then chances of getting bogged is pretty good. Those blocks have soft grey sand, so soft that it's quite easy to get bogged on a firebreak if you haven't deflated your tyres (Bushfire experience).

i can assure all those reading this that Woolcoot Rd near Millar Rd is dead quiet at night. Even now. You can drive down there during the day and it's like that (with exception of the new developments). Thus why people do burn outs /hoon / drag out there. The area is poorly lit. Driving down or up Woolcoot Rd would not have been high risk- quite the opposite.

If I had a brand new car, I wouldn't want to drive on an unsealed rd. Did the CSK? If not, the routes Bart and Myself have posted are most likely.

Personally,based on google street view, the Pippidiny Rd track for CG looks drivable for a 2wd.

I'm not assuming anything, what I write are points of discussion. I have no idea if the tracks off Mortimer where limestone or gravel, but they do not necessarily have to be either. The area I am referring to had not be subjected to any development therefore it could well be hardened claybase / limestone soil as it is also a wetland area.

Who says the perp used his 'brand new car'; he could have used any car to transfer the victims from another more personalized location eg. his home base.

I certainly believe the Pip Rd track looks drive-able. I have also been told that the track that was Marmion Avenue was also well and truly drive-able as well with 2wd; so that is another option of getting to the CG site, not Wanneroo Road. Look at the Pip Road location for 1995 in the attached aerial shot and there are a couple of tracks that lead off the Marmion Track, one in particular is close to the actual track that was the access to the CG disposal site. I've include yellow arrows to show this track off Marmion track. just before this track ends at Pip Road, you can turn right onto a track than runs parallel to Pip Rd and that gets you to the CG site.

Don't forget there had been a considerable amount of rain prior to both JR and CG discoveries.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 59
Having been to both the JR and CG sites, it's clear this guy must be of relatively strong build.

JR was lifted over a small fence and CG was carried well into the bush.

Both situations would have taken well over 60 seconds, certainly wasn't a dump/drive scenario. Very brazen.

I'm not offering anything tangible here, these are just things that struck me when I visied the sites.

CG's location was approx 10-12 metres off the track and approx 40 metres off Pip Road, not that far to carry ex the track.

Consider a Telstra employee.

1. May have had access to a van similar to that used in the Karrakatta rape. Though you'd assume it would be full of tools and not offering much room for the perp, possibly explaining why he decided to take the victim out of the van into the cemetery.
2. Would have had access to phone cord to tie up the Karrakatta victim.
3. Van to Wagon switch - may have had access to pool cars or possibly received a promotion.
4. Police apparently DNA tested as many Commodore Wagon owners (or those with access) for DNA as they could. If it was a pool car, this could explain how he slipped through this net.
5. Would do lots of driving across Perth to maintain communication lines or whatnot. This fits the MACRO profile of 'lots of driving' and perhaps explains the knowledge of disposal sites.
6. Trusted. A government telecommunications person is arguably a trusted professional. Might explain how he was able to get GC near his car.
7. Hiding in plain sight. A Telstra van/wagon/employee could be sitting in their van anywhere and you probably wouldn't blink an eye.
8. Access to phone lines or taxi lines? Would the technology have existed back then to tap into phone lines or taxi dispatch? Might explain SS
9. Link to printing industry. I've got no idea how this could fit into this theory.

That's a very high-level theory at best, though I'd like to know if any of you could add any other links to a Telstra employee and known facts about CSK.

A Main Roads employee would have access to various cars and models as well.

I have been told by an ex taxi driver that driver's used to give out their personal telephone number so that girls could contact them direct instead of phoning through to the taxi company. Had something to do with cost of flag fall which was an auto meterage charge added to final cost if driver accepted call from taxi company. And that the phone booth that SS used, had various numbers written / scratched into it by taxi drivers. Although SS's call was captured on tape by the taxi firm was it not ? Are they absolutely 100 percent sure it was her ?

I am sure girls would be wary of a Testra marked vehicle out and about after midnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966