Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone made a comment on the news today article about the renewed interest in the claremont serial killings, about getting the psychics involved. If my memory serves, there was an international psychic convention about this shown on tv. Anyone remember it, specifically any information they gleaned? I never saw it but was told some information about what they could "see" and what they couldn't see was wondering if anyone could confirm for me?

There was apparently a psychic taskforce, a number of years ago. Scott Russell Hill and a number of others. I dont know what they decided had happened- but the family of Sarah Spiers were pretty upset that it was happening.

I just read up about that. I didn't realize they (and other victims' families) have been harassed by heaps of people claiming psychic knowledge. I also didn't realize that the "psychic task force" thing was a "show" at burswood. Just a money making scheme. How terrible for the families.
The information I had was from someone who doesn't know the families and to my knowledge has not contacted them. They told me that they had tried to "see" the killer or killers, but all they could see was a "shadow of darkness". They did claim to know the first name of one of the killers though, and they said Sarah was buried somewhere where the cops had already looked but that she was under recent constructions. I was just interested if anyone else had read or heard about something similar.

Perhaps the cops should ask people (the public) to think of any person or persons who are known to have knowledge most people would never seek to acquire. For example:
~Information on computers or in books about methods of disposing of bodies.

~Tastes in *advertiser censored* might seem extreme: rape videos, or other types of stuff that involve voyeurism, domination, exploitation or humiliation of women, or other twisted or sadistic fetishes especially those that violate the rights of others, including things like hidden camera voyeurism, upskirt vids etc...
~Odd or unexplained possessions such as balaclavas or weapons or rope, items that were "hidden" somewhere and found unexpectedly, or that would simply not be needed considering their occupation and / or interests, or that they claim to have for a reason that just sounds implausible.
~Anything in the car or shed or home of a person that caused your arm hairs to stand on end, because they just do not belong there?

I find this very hit and miss.
~They may have an unhealthy or excessive fascination with murder related media, both fictional and investigative or scientific.
I was brought up on true crime novels my mum gave to me and have always enjoyed reading them... Everyone want's an opinion.
~Non-fiction texts on forensic techniques, forensic or criminal psychology.
Maybe we should add everyone who watches forensic files or criminal minds as a suspect too lol. Do you have any Idea how popular these shows are. I don't find text any different. Wrong.

~Tastes in *advertiser censored* might seem extreme: other types of stuff that involve voyeurism, domination, fetishes especially those that violate the rights of others, including things like hidden camera voyeurism, upskirt vids etc...

Rape Video's might indicate a rapist. The rest above is about us much sign of a serial killer as someone having a mole on his back. Garbage.

~Odd or unexplained possessions such as balaclavas or weapons or rope, items that were "hidden" somewhere and found unexpectedly, or that would simply not be needed considering their occupation and / or interests, or that they claim to have for a reason that just sounds implausible.

Way too general and a waste of investigators time unless it was something of real interest and very specific. Lots of people collect knives, Camo gear etc.

~Anything in the car or shed or home of a person that caused your arm hairs to stand on end, because they just do not belong there?

This is of no use to an investigator. Someone's personal thoughts or reactions would be from their own fears, life etc.. This is not how the CSK will be caught.

I find this very hit and miss.
~They may have an unhealthy or excessive fascination with murder related media, both fictional and investigative or scientific.
I was brought up on true crime novels my mum gave to me and have always enjoyed reading them... Everyone want's an opinion.
~Non-fiction texts on forensic techniques, forensic or criminal psychology.
Maybe we should add everyone who watches forensic files or criminal minds as a suspect too lol. Do you have any Idea how popular these shows are. I don't find text any different. Wrong.
Shadowboxer, sarcasm can be useful when one is trying to make a subtle, relevant point. While I can understand your condescension, I think perhaps you should re-read my post before stating I am "wrong".
You see, I am not talking about someone who may be into some of the things above, some of the time; I mean someone who, over time, has done all or most of those things, either overtly or covertly, and in combination with some of the other behavioral traits and/or tendencies, or clusters of such tendencies, which I also mentioned in the same post.

I too am into crime shows, though not nearly as much as my mum ;-P. I also have books on criminal psychology and forensic psychology, from when I was at university, and, like you. I love true crime novels. I also like fictional crime stories. I may even have some of the personality tendencies I mentioned above (I have AD/HD and OCD and PTSD)- and hey, to be honest, I have even imagined killing someone - my childhood abuser - but that doesn't mean that I would do it, and besides, who hasn't imagined killing or hurting someone who they have been badly hurt by? Having feelings and an imagination are not against any laws of nature or man, and though most people have such thoughts at some stage in their life, for the most part, we manage to restrain ourselves from acting them out. I guess it;s all part of the human drama. We are after all, human.
Anyway, like I said, I understand your condescending tone: I have no doubt that there are a lot of people out there who would fit all the categories above and yet are not guilty of any crime, ever. After all, thinking, imagining, researching, reading books and/or watching tv or videos is obviously not illegal, and if everyone who knew someone who was into some of the stuff above made a report to the police, it would just be ridiculous...
But can you seriously tell me that if you knew a person, or perhaps 2 people, who fit all the above and who exhibited most all of the personality traits and disordered behaviors I mentioned, and who's history places them in the right places at the right time, and who's car you found a balaclava, shovel and rope in, that you wouldn't be scared silly? If you ask me, anybody out there who does know somebody like this, is probably scared witless even if they don't suspect that person may be the csk.

Rape Video's might indicate a rapist. The rest above is about us much sign of a serial killer as someone having a mole on his back. Garbage.

Way too general and a waste of investigators time unless it was something of real interest and very specific. Lots of people collect knives, Camo gear etc.

This is of no use to an investigator. Someone's personal thoughts or reactions would be from their own fears, life etc.. This is not how the CSK will be caught.

Well. if somebody out there DOES know a person that fits ALL the above categories, and worse, and who has a residential and work history that places them in the right places at the right times for the csk murders and other murders in other states, and bearing in mind what I said about such a person most likely being a victim themselves and more than likely suffering PTSD, and they read the responses above, then I guarantee you they won't come forward with that information. I guess such a person would be justified for fearing they might be labeled as paranoid or stupid.

Yeah i'm sorry. I did come across as condescending and rude. I was looking at them singularly and thinking wow some of that interests me and I'm a loving father who would no sooner murder someone than hurt my own children. I'm actually very loving but at the same time have an interest in some cases. It's chilling. And yes if you can place someone in the area who showed most of these traits then they would be worth looking at. Again sorry. I'm sticking with SR with or without PW here. Lots of different aspects makes this case compelling.

The evidence is compelling, yes, and it may well be that one or both of those men were involved, but I don't think it involves just one or two people and I don't think the 3 girls attributed to the csk were the only victims of this group, and I think this "group" of associates include MD and JBM, which is why they were investigated. I think this "group" is responsible for many murders, here and overseas, over a span of decades. I also have other theories, about methods and motives, but they would be dismissed as that of a crackpot, or attention seeker, especially given highly publicized "groups" of certain types of people that were recently taken down by overseas LE...

Sarah ANNE, a South Perth intention (Zoo), drives to Gero & back in one night. Workplace in Claremont. Lived Middle Swan? Car found in Middle Swan. Sarah (South perth residence)
Corryn (South Perth residence)

Sarah had hospitality connection, Cutler hospitality connection, Ciara had hospitality meeting shortly before disappearance, at yacht club.

The others such as Corryn Rayney, Ciara, & Sarah Spiers? or Jane? had legal backgrounds.

Cutler was Notre Dame student & Iona, Ciara Iona, Sarah Iona?

There is quite a few schools surrounding the Claremont area, more than just Iona, that's for sure.

South Perth, Claremont, Middle Swan
Hospitality, Legal

http://www.missingpersons.gov.au/missing-persons/profiles/profiles/m/c/mcmahon sarah anne - wa

Sarah ANNE, a South Perth intention (Zoo), drives to Gero & back in one night. Workplace in Claremont. Lived Middle Swan? Car found in Middle Swan (Left on DANCE DRIVE) . Sarah (South perth residence)
Corryn (South Perth residence)

Sarah had hospitality connection, Cutler hospitality connection, Ciara had hospitality meeting shortly before disappearance, at yacht club.

The others such as Corryn Rayney(Line dancing) , Ciara, & Sarah Spiers? or Jane? had legal backgrounds.

Cutler was Notre Dame student & Iona, Ciara Iona, Sarah Iona?

There is quite a few schools surrounding the Claremont area, more than just Iona, that's for sure.

South Perth, Claremont, Middle Swan
Hospitality, Legal

http://www.missingpersons.gov.au/missing-persons/profiles/profiles/m/c/mcmahon sarah anne - wa

The evidence is compelling, yes, and it may well be that one or both of those men were involved, but I don't think it involves just one or two people and I don't think the 3 girls attributed to the csk were the only victims of this group, and I think this "group" of associates include MD and JBM, which is why they were investigated. I think this "group" is responsible for many murders, here and overseas, over a span of decades. I also have other theories, about methods and motives, but they would be dismissed as that of a crackpot, or attention seeker, especially given highly publicized "groups" of certain types of people that were recently taken down by overseas LE...

What evidence is compelling? What evidence is there to connect MD or JBM to the CSK crimes? What evidence is their to suggest it was a group of people? Lets go over the circumstances surrounding Sarah's disappearance;

Sarah Spiers disappeared after a night out with friends at the Continental Hotel on 26th January 1996. Last confident (not confirmed) sighting was of Sarah waiting for a Taxi on the corner of Stirling Highway and Stirling Rd, Claremont. Sarah telephoned for a Taxi at 2:06am from a phone box on the corner of Stirling Highway and Stirling Rd when the Taxi arrived at 2:09am Sarah was gone. When Sarah phoned for the Taxi she informed them that she wanted to go Mosman Park, which is the opposite direction to where she lived in South Perth. Possible reasons for this are due to her having a friend that lived in Mosman Park, she had been at that friends house earlier on in the day and it was suggested to her that if she ever needed a place to crash, she could stay there as it was much cheaper to get a cab from Claremont to Mosman Park opposed to South Perth.

Sarah (AFAIK) has not contacted her parents, friends or relatives since, nor has she used her bank accounts etc, I summise that if she had, the investigation to date would have a different outcome.

Sarah is young (18 yr old) and a very attractive young woman, short in stature, with blond hair and a fair complexion. She took pride in her appearance and was always neatly groomed. She is a single girl, in good health, who enjoyed going out.

Lines of enquiry and possibilities:

1) Sarah caught a Taxi to Mosman Park arrived safely and something happened to her at her friends place in Mosman Park. Therefore, her friend that lives their is a POI. I take it the Police searched the place at the time and interviewed Sarah's friend initials (DS). He must have had a rock solid alibi for their whereabouts that night, all be it a statement would have been recorded from everyone that was sleeping at the flat that night. Obviously this could be confirmed by Taxi records and speaking with Taxi drivers that would've dropped her off there. Obviously, there is no record of her arriving at the friends place via Taxi. Still a LOE that requires investigating.

2) Sarah caught a legitimate or illegitimate Taxi and the Taxi driver was the CSK. I would summise that for the driver to be alone and to trap the someone inside the vehicle, he would've needed to have modified the doors, as Ford Falcons of that era could easily be opened from the inside door handle even if the doors were locked. The only way to stop this (on the front, child lock for rear) is to remove the inner door handles, which can simply be done by removing one screw from the door trim and sliding the handle off. If drunk, it's possible that you may not notice the handle is not there until you shut the door. But if you are clever it's possible to simply cut the plastic door opening lever that connects to the handle and put the handle back on, noone would ever know it didn't work until you tried to open the door. Also the window winders on Ford Falcons of that era are simply removed as well, by removing one retaining clip. Someone with mechanical knowledge would know this. Also, the driver would've needed to control Sarah quickly once or if she discovered the Taxi was not heading to where she expected, (even if she was trapped in the back or front of the Taxi). How would the driver do this? It would be easy if someone else was in the Taxi, but it's unlikely that Sarah would've gotten into the Taxi when someone else was already in there, especially a male person. It's also a possibility that the driver could've been alone at first, then stopped to pick up a co-offender. It's also a possibility that the driver contained some sort of weapon to threaten her with to keep her quiet. But the problem with this scenario is getting her out of the vehicle. This would have to be done somewhere out of sight, once they had arrived at their destination (scene of the murder), which is likely to be within 5-10km of Claremont itself, but not an out and out impossibility that it's further.

Therefore, the Taxi industry is a line of enquiry. Forensic examination of over 900 Taxis occurred and DNA swabs were taken from all Taxi drivers. I would hope that all Taxi's would have been fingerprinted on the inside of each door glass, door handles etc. Furthermore, DNA swabs could of been done of the inner door handles and other high traffic areas etc, however, I would think it is highly unlikely that any DNA would have been obtained, if it was the results would've been tested against Sarah's and obviously were not matched up. Sarah's DNA would've been obtained from household items like a hairbrush, toothbrush or from siblings. Due to the sheer scale of this forensic task, it's possible that the forensics is still being worked on by WA Police.

3) Sarah was offered a lift by a person she did not know in a vehicle shortly after making her phone call and she accepted the lift. The person may have seemed friendly and was driving an normal/average looking vehicle. Due to Sarah's inebriated state, she may have accepted the lift. Once inside the vehicle the situation would be similar to LOE 2, but I would doubt that the vehicle would be modified as the make/model of the vehicle is almost endless. It could be as simple as just putting the child lock on and if it had electric windows, just locking them off or removing the fuse what ever the possibility. The timing in which Sarah was abducted would seem to be "too lucky" for the CSK to just be driving past and see Sarah on the side of the road and offer her a lift. Sarah would've needed to have been stalked/followed upon her leaving the Continental Hotel, then the CSK would simply have waited for an opportune moment to drive past, act charming and offer her a lift. Further to this it is also a possibility that Sarah may have already known about Sarah's whereabouts that night and the suburb in which she lived, so the CSK may have pulled up and said to her "Hey I'm headed to South Perth, do you want a lift". The offer would seem to good to refuse for Sarah. This is pure speculation on my part, but if Sarah had a PC at the time she may have had access to an on-line chat program and perhaps the CSK obtained some information as to her movements and her suburb of residence via such a program like MIRC or messenger, they may have even swapped pictures. The depth of the stalking could also be quite deep, Sarah may have been stalked on previous weekends/nights so the CSK may have obtained valuable information about her identity, which would of assisted when offering he a lift she found hard to refuse. I assume the Police would've seized her PC if she had one and had it examined by a digital analyst and that information would have been uncovered, if it was there. That's if Police had thought of that possibility.

4) Sarah was stalked upon leaving the Continental Hotel and then subjected to a blitz attack before being bundled into a vehicle and driven away. I find this scenario to be very very unlikely, although it is a possibility. If it is the case, then their must be two or more people involved. I find this unlikely due to the following reasons; It is risky, that someone will see that attack and report it to Police; when murders are carried out between two or more people it is unlikely that all people involved can keep the secret without confiding in anyone; especially for near on 20 years! Another reason that I believe that a blitz attack is unlikely is the circumstances surrounding Sarah's and Jane's disappearance. The window of opportunity for such an attack on Sarah is too small and the scene of the attack far to obvious to attract attention on the corner of a highway even at 2am. Jane disappeared from outside the Continental Hotel in front of people all on camera, very unlikely she was blitz attacked. Ciara is a different story.

5) Sarah hitch hiked and accepted a lift from a complete stranger who just happened to be the CSK driving by at just the right time, between her making a phone call at 2.06am and before the taxi arrived at 2:09am. It's just too unlikely that this occurred and I'm sure that the Police would've investigated her background checked with her friends to see if she used to hitch hike or obtain lifts from strangers. With circumstances similar to LOE 3, accept for the stalking.

6) Sarah was offered a lift by a friend or someone she knew only briefly, but well enough to accept the lift. Unlikely scenario as this means the CSK is known to Sarah and would be much easier to identify.

So, out of those possible scenarios, which one/s are the most likely. In my opinion I would have to say line of enquiry number 3 would have to be the most likely scenario that occurred to Sarah. Followed by number 2. Once option 2 was exhausted then option 3 is the only one that is left.

Lets go over the circumstances surrounding Sarah's disappearance;............

There are 17 pages of discussion regarding Sarah and the other girls' disappearances GreenDevil.... Your scenarios have merit but the aspects of each have been thoroughly discussed in this and other threads....

What evidence is compelling?

The 2 POI ShadowBoxer was referring to...

What evidence is there to connect MD or JBM to the CSK crimes?

Not sure? They were both investigated (but ruled out) and there must have been some reason for that. Maybe a connection to other suspects?

What evidence is their to suggest it was a group of people?

Not sure what you mean by "it", do you mean as in Sarah's murderer or the CSK? I wasn't specifically referring to either; there is no evidence (that the public has been made aware of?) suggesting "it" was a group of people, and I wasn't saying there was, I was saying I think it is a very likely possibility that the murderer/s linked to the CSK killings are connected somehow to or with, other murderers/murders, and that many unsolved murders were probably committed by a person or persons who also have links to one or more of this group of people. It's just a theory...

if Sarah had a PC at the time she may have had access to an on-line chat program and perhaps the CSK obtained some information as to her movements and her suburb of residence via such a program like MIRC or messenger,

Not sure how prolific social media and the web was back in the 90's.... web stalking and stuff is pretty recent. If committed by a stalker it would be more likely that any link between the 3 victims all being taken from the same area and having gone to school in the same area could be as simple as that he is a voyeuristic sexual predator who lives and/or works in the Claremont Area or perhaps Mosman Park, Cott or Nedlands...

or someone she knew only briefly, but well enough to accept the lift. Unlikely scenario as this means the CSK is known to Sarah and would be much easier to identify.

I doubt even her close family would know all the people she knew "only briefly" - acquaintances - and there is always the possibility that all 3 girls knew this person "peripherally", just because have connections to and frequented the same area's. Hell, could have been a school cleaner that worked at Iona or the local video store attendant. Most of us know people who we would never think to mention knowing because it is irrelevant in their mind...

Could be that there was no link between the girls themselves, and that 1 or 2 people from a small local group of associates used information gathered by 1 or more people of that group to plan an abduction, or perhaps the connection was as random as a couple of predators or more having decided they would target someone from Claremont because it was a logistically central location, and the only real connection was that Perth is such a small place that any Perthite can be connected to any other Perthite with a lot less than required in the cliched 6 degrees of separation theory model...

when murders are carried out between two or more people it is unlikely that all people involved can keep the secret without confiding in anyone; especially for near on 20 years!

Historically, organized crime seems to have been prevalent and pervasive enough to indicate that organized criminals often do indeed get away with crimes for years (or forever) and if a group of sicko's was involved in organized, premeditated murder I doubt they would have too much trouble keeping it a secret = evil can be really good at literally getting away with murder and other acts of atrocity for years, just look at the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Yewtree. Any type of successful serial criminal is successful because they are good at hiding their behaviour and either keeping it secret or intimidating others into secrecy. Global Satanic Pedophile rings and such are not just "urban legends". Sadly, even the power of the www to reveal truth and raise awareness and inform the public phenomenon has not yet resulted in the wide spread acceptance of reality, the truth of which is that these insidiously evil "societies" are even more prolific than conspiracy theorists "claim", and the very nature of these organizations and their indoctrinated practices mean that it will probably be a very long time before knowledge of their existence is accepted by enough of society to motivate LE enough to implement a campaign of proactive infiltration, exposure and prosecution...

... illegitimate Taxi....

Yes, a much discussed possibility and one I have personal reasons for believing is a very definite possibility. Also, a theory which would not necessarily rule out 2 or more assailants. A second person could have been crouched down in the back wearing dark clothes and would have been hard to see in a car with tinted windows at night. Or even in the boot, but with the catches on the back seats modified so that all he had to do was push on the back of the seat and it would open...

Then there is always the possibilities of chloroform.

Or/and a weapon.

Still leaning towards possibility that it was a group, and not isolated to the 3 "Claremont Killings" . If it is a group, things like getting chloroform, weapons, safe crime scene locations, taxi door signs/ roof top lights and personal information about victims would be that much more easily and quickly obtained, not to mention any culprits having an increased capacity to successfully have evidence hidden, witnessed silenced and disinformation spread...

I like your user name. Are you Irish?

Glennons father was up in Liberal party. Any of the other families parents right politically? Only relatively new to the country It was Team Pinko in megalomania.

The victims were picked out and hunted, on this occasion Easter for a reason. We have a righty being killed by a lefty.

The bodies meticulously cleaned with the coma drug just before weather broke and rain set in. The murderers were au fait in forensics

A Bright Spier wrapped in a Dark Cloak

Rimmer is celtic for Rymer. These was a meticulously planned executions. The site coma drug chemicals were UK derivative, a paid mercenary from the UK even.

The victims may have had their drinks spiked with the coma drug resulting in ecstasy euphoria.

Is it your belief that the Police have got it totally wrong and have no idea who is the CSK? Or do you believe it's PW and SR combined, or PW alone.

In my opinion the Police know who the CSK is and I believe this for a number or reasons but the main one being is that there is a person who fits the detailed profile of the CSK in almost every aspect, the profile was established by CAPT Caldwell from the FBI a very experienced serial killer profiler. Some of the circumstantial evidence is very compelling especially the detail surrounding the mystery injury to the top of one of the victims heads, that person is linked to that injury with circumstantial evidence. The person failed a lie detector test and the polygraph examiner was certain that they were the killer. The person is a very very gifted stalker and in my opinion they had stalked/followed all three victims previously.

Ms Butterworth disappeared from a bus stop in the Hobart suburb of Claremont on August 25 that year.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-05-...-in-lucille-butterworth-disappearance/6459474

Glennons father was up in Liberal party. Any of the other families parents right politically? Only relatively new to the country It was Team Pinko in megalomania.

The victims were picked out and hunted, on this occasion Easter for a reason. We have a righty being killed by a lefty.

The bodies meticulously cleaned with the coma drug just before weather broke and rain set in. The murderers were au fait in forensics

A Bright Spier wrapped in a Dark Cloak

Rimmer is celtic for Rymer. These was a meticulously planned executions. The site coma drug chemicals were UK derivative, a paid mercenary from the UK even.

The victims may have had their drinks spiked with the coma drug resulting in ecstasy euphoria.

especially the detail surrounding the mystery injury to the top of one of the victims heads, that person is linked to that injury with circumstantial evidence.

This is a detail I was not aware of; I must have missed an article or two. Where would I be able to find this info? Could you possibly provide a link?

I find the secrecy surrounding the nature of any evidence in custody and various other avenues of inquiry to be very frustrating, and while I do understand why LE keep a lot of info under wraps, I don't think it is necessarily all that helpful when cases have gone unsolved for this long (how long did they sit on that CCTV footage for?).

I for one would like to know: Do they (LE) actually have evidence (genetic material) that they believe belongs to the killer/s, or not? ie: do they actually have any DNA evidence to compare with the 100's of samples taken from POI's (taxi drivers and other POI's, & I assume PW and SR as well)? Obviously no-one has been charged, but is this because they have yet to find a match, or is it because there was no match to find, as they don't yet have any DNA evidence believed to belong to the killer, and the only reason they have been taking samples is to keep them on file for when they do obtain evidence?

The police certainly seem to imply that they have DNA evidence on file just by the fact of their asking for people to volunteer DNA samples. They investigated MD very closely but subsequently reported that he had been "ruled out" as a POI. Many have presumed this to mean that his DNA was not a match. I wanted to confirm this, but I could not find any reference to why LE had ruled him out, only that they had. I would be very interested to know for certain whether they do have DNA evidence or not .

The person is a very very gifted stalker and in my opinion they had stalked/followed all three victims previously

Yes, I agree that the person/s responsible are very gifted stalkers. Strange folk, stalkers. I've known a couple that can make someone suffering from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder look more like a Buddhist with a Degree in Apathy....

This is a detail I was not aware of; I must have missed an article or two. Where would I be able to find this info? Could you possibly provide a link?

This is information I have come across whilst researching the Claremont Killings, I can not provide you with a link or where to access the information as I do not think it has been published anywhere. I know a lot more detail about the case which I obviously can't reveal on here. Just believe me when I tell you that WA Police have thought of everything and considered all possibilities that I can see. Some of the projects they undertook were world class and some of the investigative methods second to none.

They are just missing that one crucial piece of evidence to link this certain POI to the crimes, they have all the circumstantial evidence necessary they are just missing that one piece of physical evidence that would make the case water tight.

Whether or not unknown DNA was obtained from the bodies or dumping sites is a closely guarded secret, as is the cause of death. But I have training and experience in Forensic Science and in my opinion the chance of any DNA being obtained was almost zero due to bodies exposure to the elements, rain, sun etc. The bodies were also so badly decomposed that even the caused of death had to be hypothesised albeit with educated opinions to back the hypothesis.

The main reason/s for Police taking DNA samples from people supposedly being involved or potentially involved is in my opinion hoping that advancements in DNA analysis technology will allow some partial DNA samples they have taken to be matched to a POI or they have done it in hope they can obtain a confession, using bluff tactics to make the POI think they have their DNA, but really they don't. Another reason is for the items of jewellery/clothing that are still missing. If those items are recovered they may have DNA on them and can be matched up then.

Police don't always only take DNA samples when they have some DNA to compare it to, they take it as a matter or course in sexual/homicide investigations in case evidence is recovered later that can be analysed for DNA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper