Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason I have put SR at the top of my list is because he claimed to have SS in his cab the night before she went missing and had a stun gun in his cab at the time of the murders. There had been an influx/shipment of them into Perth at that time. Clearly a way of explaining her DNA should it be found in the car.

Ross owned the property until he sold to Weygers in 2001 because of financial difficulties after losing his taxi licence. Weygers then put a mobile unit at the back of the block for Ross to live.

Like Weygers, Ross's links with the investigation goes back to 1996 when he supplied police with information about Sarah Spiers. Ross told police he picked her up in his taxi the night before she disappeared. Spiers had shared the cab with a second woman and another man. The woman was dropped in a nearby suburb before Ross drove Spiers to the Windsor Hotel in South Perth. Even though the man had wanted to go to the city, he got out with Spiers and paid the fare. Ross theorised that the man had gone back to Claremont the next night, found her and killed her.

Ross handed out an unsigned 44-point statement to media on Wednesday, claiming police had tried to coerce him into making false admissions about Weygers the day before the raid on the civil libertarian's home, suggesting he was the driver who delivered girls to the former mayor.

"The police made derogatory remarks about Peter Weygers and implied that I was involved in a homosexual relationship with him," he wrote. "I denied that I was in a homosexual relationship with Peter Weygers and that he was not my boyfriend. The police alleged that Peter Weygers exerted an abnormal influence over me, which I denied. The police alleged that Peter Weygers gave me orders that I carried out, which I denied. The police then stated words to the effect that Peter Weygers 'wanted' young girls."

SR gave his info to police in a strange way. if you had a missing girl in your cab the night before she went missing and wanted to help would you go to the police or would you invite them around to a meeting with your lawyer arranged by someone else?

From an article, It says police are convinced both women were killed close to where they were abducted, and on the same nights that they were abducted. I wonder what makes them so sure or if this is just incorrect. How could they possibly know this if they weren’t found for three and eight weeks?

Other interesting points from Bigfooty
The overseas investigator told the POST that there was a high possibility that the Claremont murderer had been killing for many years before and was still operating. It was likely he was the worst serial killer Australia had seen.
The Post Newspaper also reported that detectives are trying to locate former employees of the printing company and wanted to know if printing components had gone missing at the time of the murders and the process involved in printed dyes on fabric.
I had always wondered if the killer made his own magnetic taxi stickers. Joan said she knew someone with a taxi top and that’s not the only time I have read the same thing. Apparently a couple.
In reference to the earlier girl the police may have been a csk victim. Seems if the line keeps going it go’s right to where she disappeared from. Below is from a forum.
I also believe that these killings are related to the disappearance of Lisa Mott. If you draw a line from Ciara to Jane and then continue it South it intersects the town of Collie. The distance is exactly 200 kms at a small stream on Ewing Rd.

SR gave his info to police in a strange way. if you had a missing girl in your cab the night before she went missing and wanted to help would you go to the police or would you invite them around to a meeting with your lawyer arranged by someone else?

Exactly.

Number 1: Imagine you were a serial killer and weren't familiar with anywhere rural just past the city limits. What would you do? Rather than dump a DB in suburbia you'd probably go and scout something out.

Exactly.

For non-Perth people, you don't have to drive very far to be out of the way and into the scrub. Even more so 20 years ago before suburbia crept out.

A taxi driver is quite likely to have a reasonable knowledge of the outskirts of Perth but almost anyone is capable of taking a drive 45 minutes out of the city and finding a suitable dump site.

Does anyone have a link relating to the profile for the CSK provided by someone other than WAPOL?

From an article, It says police are convinced both women were killed close to where they were abducted, and on the same nights that they were abducted. I wonder what makes them so sure or if this is just incorrect. How could they possibly know this if they weren’t found for three and eight weeks?

Other interesting points from Bigfooty
The overseas investigator told the POST that there was a high possibility that the Claremont murderer had been killing for many years before and was still operating. It was likely he was the worst serial killer Australia had seen.
The Post Newspaper also reported that detectives are trying to locate former employees of the printing company and wanted to know if printing components had gone missing at the time of the murders and the process involved in printed dyes on fabric.
I had always wondered if the killer made his own magnetic taxi stickers. Joan said she knew someone with a taxi top and that’s not the only time I have read the same thing. Apparently a couple.
In reference to the earlier girl the police may have been a csk victim. Seems if the line keeps going it go’s right to where she disappeared from. Below is from a forum.
I also believe that these killings are related to the disappearance of Lisa Mott. If you draw a line from Ciara to Jane and then continue it South it intersects the town of Collie. The distance is exactly 200 kms at a small stream on Ewing Rd.

Much info the same as how I came up with group theory

never been on bf only skim read it a few weeks ago. been meaning to go back and re-read it more thoroughly too

Never really read paper every day historically til now either, and only reading articles on web since started investigating 1 & 2.

Also, one of the reasons I decided to "do the math" after reading crabsticks posts which pertain to weird stuff about numbers and names etc...

Also lots of things about Collie, Esperance and Kalgoorlie that link up in all sorts of ways with 1, 2 and all above

this case sure is mindboggling

then there's the stuff like my boy and his mate's attempted abduction and police not attending to take report

but couple days later all over news about similar incident in Shelley

and then today more strangeness....

5 acres, a horse, some dogs, a vegie garden and no visitors other than my kids (and their kids in time) - that's what I want when all this is over

just me my pals 'n mother earth and proximity to a river with big bream in it

no crazy infinite balls of crazy string crazinessssss aaaarrrrghghgh

Just back on the time of death, JR's watch may be the smoking gun particularly if it displays a date.

Then you have CG discovered 18 days after she disappeared so presumably a time of death is possible to determine accurately?

The police are fairly adamant in this 'killed the same night" theory so it may be as simple as that.

Macro detectives have again taken taxi driver Steven Ross off the streets for questioning about the Claremont serial killings.

They have also again seized the Falcon station wagon he was driving as a taxi at the time of the baffling murders.

"I was on the way to a job and they arrested me last Thursday," Mr Ross (43) told the POST.

"They took me to Curtin House (Macro headquarters) and questioned me about the murders.

"They showed me a power zapper (electric stun gun) I once owned and they had pictures I took of my girlfriend after she died. (MASSIVE WTF!!!???)

"They said they had taxi records that showed I had picked up Sarah Spiers on the night she went missing and took her to the Windsor Hotel.

"They said Mr Peter Weygers was waiting there at the Windsor.

"That is ********. They won't show me the taxi records and how could anyone have known I was driving to the Windsor [in South Perth]? I didn't know myself. (Um, I think they know because you mentioned it in the Post article last year ya dingbat)

"I didn't have a mobile phone in those days."

Mr Ross told police in 1996, shortly after Sarah Spiers (18) disappeared after a night out in Claremont, that he had picked up the teenager in Claremont the night before she disappeared and dropped her at the Windsor, near where she lived.

Ms Spiers had shared the cab with a stranger, a young man who got out of the cab with her, Mr Ross said (POST August 28).

In August this year, Macro detectives raided and searched Mr Ross's home in Embleton and impounded his two vehicles, the ex-taxi and a tray-top truck.

His house is owned by Mr Weygers, former Claremont mayor, child psychologist and president of the Council for Civil Liberties.

A month later, detectives forcibly took a hair from Mr Weygers' arm for DNA sampling, after taking him from his car on an Embleton street.

Later that day detectives raided and searched Mr Weygers' house in Richardson Avenue, Claremont (POST September 18).

Mr Ross said he had been taken from his truck in Seventh Avenue, Maylands, early on Thursday, December 16.

"They said Peter Weygers had kept newspaper clippings of the serial killings and had refused to voluntarily give DNA," he said. (Ding ding!)

Peter Weygers was Claremont mayor at the time and he and the council made many public statements on the abductions of the three women in 1996 and 1997.

Mr Ross said this week police had driven him around Claremont and pointed out various landmarks.

Police impounded the truck and seized the Falcon station wagon six days later by appointment.

They produced a stun gun he had bought for protection after he was stabbed in his taxi in 1987.

"They found out about the power zapper from their files," Mr Ross said.

"They asked where it was - I told them who had it. I said you can see them used in movies - they freeze people.

"The police said I used it to stun people in my taxi.

"I dropped in water and it wouldn't work so I gave it to a woman friend."

He said he had used the zapper only on a cat, which ran away after being zapped. (Seriously, this is just getting worse)

About 200 taxi drivers had bought the weapons from another driver who bought them in Germany and sold them for $200 each, he said.

Police produced photos Mr Ross had taken of his girlfriend in bed after she had died of an illness in the early 1990s, and also pictures of her funeral.

"They called me a sick person," he said.

Mr Ross's girlfriend, a former beauty queen, died at home while Mr Ross was at a police station being questioned by police over a fare over-charging complaint, which was later dismissed.

Mr Ross had contacted Mr Weygers as president of the Council for Civil Liberties after he became worried because a police officer suggested he would be blamed for the death.

Mr Weygers had then helped him fight various Taxi Board inquiries (seems like this guy has a few issues with passengers..) and had bought his house and allowed Mr Ross to live in a transportable home at the back.

Mr Ross said Mr Weygers had gone overseas the day before police had picked him up last week.

Earlier this month, a five-person international review team revealed it had uncovered a new line of inquiry in the Claremont serial killings, based on scientific examination of samples taken from the grave site of murdered 23-year-old Jane Rimmer (POST December 11)."

And here is Weygers defending a rapist:

"WA Council for Civil Liberties president Peter Weygers, who counsels students as a Department of Education psychologist, claimed Narkle had been wrongly convicted of rape at least three times, angering parent groups and politicians.
Mr Weygers, an ardent Narkle supporter, yesterday compared the violent rapist with soccer star David Beckham, who has been beset by a sex scandal.
"Some women are drawn to David Beckham because he is rich and famous and some women are attracted to Gary Narkle," Mr Weygers said. "Women like this are attracted to him, they will turn around and do it again. He is blamed when they voluntarily have sex with him and later regret it."
He said Narkle, who was freed on Friday after prosecutors said his alleged 14th victim was too distraught to testify against him, was not a danger to women.
"He is a sensitive person, he is an artist and these women have turned to him and then have regretted it."
Mr Weygers, who was awarded a Centenary of Federation Medal for the advancement of human rights and civil liberties, said he was a registered psychologist and had been a school counsellor for 32 years but had not done a proper psychological assessment of Narkle."
From billywhiz
The article "Macro hauls in taxi man" was published on Jan 1 2005, and is dated as 29 Dec 2004. When it says "Earlier this month, a five-person international review team revealed it had uncovered a new line of inquiry in the Claremont serial killings, based on scientific examination of samples taken from the grave site of murdered 23-year-old Jane Rimmer (POST December 11)" I am almost certain the Dec 11 it's referring to is Dec 11 2004.

http://www.mako.org.au/the-claremont-murders.html The article at the bottom of this page titled "Unsolved" says "He said leading overseas and interstate experts would be brought to Perth in November for an independent external review of the unsolved case. " The article is dated in 18 June 2004, which would suggest the international team discovered new evidence by Dec 2004 for the publishing of the Dec 11 2004 Post article, which the "Macro hauls in taxi man" article published that same Dec 2004 is referring to.

So it was a five man team that suspect SR. I believe if they think they have the person without the evidence it is SR and he was under surveillance for a long time himself.

WTF at Number 1.
As you know I'm also betting on SR but have remained open minded.
Could you please pm me info in the Princes Rd incident or post it. Have read about the cemetery incident.
Why do you think Droc's letter was taken down? Running investigation as a seperate one or to do with CSK? Is his letter still online anywhere?

Droc had plenty to offer about the known disposal sites too on BF.

He claimed M went to a rehab centre on the same road at Wellard prior to the murders and he visited her there.

He claimed that some of the people mentioned in his letter used to scout rubbish tips for junk to turn into art and were familiar with pine forests north and south. Including around Eglinton.

Given his penchant for riddles, I surmised that orienteering / bushwalking may be associated given his earlier reference to one of these people jogging around all the time, but never in cities.

Search the BF CSK thread for cortina and you'll see what I mean.

Could of course be any of the pastimes mentioned above as well.

His friends in the wake video mentioned that Droc himself had a business where he scouted rubbish tips and the like for junk to recycle stuff.

Still wondering about the John B mentioned in the video as well. The night crawler with Droc.

There is a John B that had frequent correspondence with Droc whilst he was active on BF and before he passed away. And had a bizarre computer toner video on YouTube (featuring gloves and syringe no less and completely silent) for a while which was recently deleted. His only post. Very odd.

Regarding Dave the bricklayer and his sighting of the taxi 18 years earlier. This came out one week after the media about Droc and his claims about the taxi driver and police ineptitude were published. Dave and his missus reckoned they tried to contact the police a few times. Didn't try too hard mind you. BS IMO.

Droc had plenty to offer about the known disposal sites too on BF.

He claimed M went to a rehab centre on the same road at Wellard prior to the murders and he visited her there.

He claimed that some of the people mentioned in his letter used to scout rubbish tips for junk to turn into art and were familiar with pine forests north and south. Including around Eglinton.

Given his penchant for riddles, I surmised that orienteering / bushwalking may be associated given his earlier reference to one of these people jogging around all the time, but never in cities.

Search the BF CSK thread for cortina and you'll see what I mean.

Could of course be any of the pastimes mentioned above as well.

His friends in the wake video mentioned that Droc himself had a business where he scouted rubbish tips and the like for junk to recycle stuff.

Still wondering about the John B mentioned in the video as well. The night crawler with Droc.

There is a John B that had frequent correspondence with Droc whilst he was active on BF and before he passed away. And had a bizarre computer toner video on YouTube (featuring gloves and syringe no less and completely silent) for a while which was recently deleted. His only post. Very odd.

Regarding Dave the bricklayer and his sighting of the taxi 18 years earlier. This came out one week after the media about Droc and his claims about the taxi driver and police ineptitude were published. Dave and his missus reckoned they tried to contact the police a few times. Didn't try too hard mind you. BS IMO.

I found the taxi on pippindiny story very believable. Lots of detail and his wife corroborates it. I believe macro were looking at SR and PW from very early on and that's why the murders stopped. Did you know macro had light planes flying over Claremont every night while they had it under surveillance. LW claims the so called knife under his seat was more like a pocket knife, 2.5 cm long. He had always been offering people rides, from ten years before hand. The police were watching SR from very early on round the clock too IMO.

I also find it hard to swallow that JR was in that spot for 8 weeks after reading the post by jezz and having seen the pics from above. Any chance you can upload that pic Jezz?

How do I post a pic?

I know they said her body was very badly decomposed which is possibly why they say she was there the full 8 weeks, but how accurate is that given the decomp? I wouldn't want to question actual scientific techniques and maybe she was there, I just find it highly improbable given the reasons I've listed.

There's nothing in this. The video was of a guy showing someone on youtube how to fix their ink system. A syringe is need to bleed the ink through the tubes and gloves were used to stop getting ink on hands. Let's not cloud the thread with things that have nothing to do with anything.

How do I post a pic?

I know they said her body was very badly decomposed which is possibly why they say she was there the full 8 weeks, but how accurate is that given the decomp? I wouldn't want to question actual scientific techniques and maybe she was there, I just find it highly improbable given the reasons I've listed.

You just upload it to photobucket then copy and paste the IMG link here. There's a reason I want to look at this pic again.

Can somone pin point the place on a map where JR was found and post the image. On the BF thread there were images of where CG was found but not of JR.

143864_76a3786dd89eb30f463351ee9fcd1d3b.PNG

I think it's where the water goes under Woolcoot road. I am basing this on comments left on various blogs about the body being left near a stormwater drain or something?

Also - the lady who found her had got of the car to pick lilies with her kids(as fstick has mentioned numerous times). If you google street view it they seem to only be visible on one side of the road (on the left side when traveling up Woolcoot away from Millar rd).

I could be totally wrong though. Weird/creepy place though. Both that place and the road in Eglinton have no street lights.

http://s1164.photobucket.com/user/jezzy801/library/

Ok weirdness.

I just uploaded the two pictures from the book of the dump sites and noticed they are around the wrong way.

The one that says it is of janes site is definitely the pippidiny site as it is set off the road and down a bush track while the one that says it is Clara's is right alongside the road and is definitely the Willard site as you can even see the paddocks there from the riding school and make out the fence line where she was found.

What a *advertiser censored* up Debbie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members