Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Certainly nothing personal. It was in response to aberline. I offered some theories and mouse detective as I knew her formally introduced herself as detective MD. Said I offered great insight. I have recycled nothing. To say any more would be detrimental to an ongoing investigation.

This thread is, and always has been, bonkers. LE should follow along (maybe they are already down here in the warren).
Aberline_1979, your posts are sometimes brilliant.

I saw the CIA documentary that presented some interesting information on the case. The complete enhanced video of JR with MM puts the events in a different light.

We know from the account given by her friend that she left the Continental Hotel with her friends and went to the nearby club that had a long line. The friends decide to call it a night while JR decides to stay.

We then see her in the video standing on the curb. She appears to be waiting. She glances around in different directions but she pays particular attention to down the street on her right. She appears to be waiting for a vehicle to pick her up.

She then sees MM and appears to be very excited to see him. The CCTV cuts to a different direction and 28 seconds after encountering the MM, he is gone and she is back on the curb making occasional glances to the right down the street. Once, she looks at her watch. The CCTV again cuts and when it again opens on her location, she is gone. Less than 2 and 1/2 minutes have elapsed between JR encountering MM and JR being gone from her waiting spot on the curb.

It is speculated that MM is the one who retrieved his car and picked her up. This is rather unlikely. The only car park that appears to be close enough to permit MM to retrieve his car and pick up JR in front of the hotel is the lot next to the hotel on Grugeri St. If he were parked there, or any place that close to the hotel, certainly JR would have walked with him to his car, not waited for him to swing by. The only reason a woman would wait curbside while the guy went to get the car would be if it were significant distance, which it clearly wasn't. JR was not waiting for MM. She was waiting for someone else.

It has been suggested that JR did not go home with her friends because she had plans to hook up with some guy. Reasonable perhaps, buy highly unlikely that she had made arrangements for somebody to pick her up at that spot at that time. What are the odds that her friends would just decide to leave the Continental to check out the other club and the pile into their own taxi within minutes of JR's rendezvous time? I think she was waiting for a taxi to take her to another club in another district.
Bingo

I thought the police did ask for that sort of information...anyway, it would only be relevant if it was someone in just a light coloured car rather than someone in a taxi or something which looked like it. A young woman would remember (I believe) being approached by a stranger in a plain car because it would be out of the ordinary...but if a taxi slowed down so that the driver could ask her if she wanted a lift, and she was already waiting for a friend or parent or another taxi (I know that now the driver will call out the name of the person who booked; is this a post-CSK procedure perhaps? Again, I was 14 when SS vanished, so only have taxis-with-parents memories) that wouldn't be seen as strange. Taxi asks if you need a lift, you say you already have one, he leaves.

This is why I think it was someone in a taxi or a car with decals to look like a taxi - because SS had called for one. All the driver would've had to do was phrase his question "did you call for a cab?" SS - without thinking, because why would you when it's a harmless taxi driver - might have said "yes, for Spiers?" ...and there it is, she gives him all the ammo he needs. He says "Yep, hop in" and history, sadly, is made.

Keep in mind SR had a stun gun

"I know that the offender thinks at this stage that he or she is smart and they've got away with it," he says.

Does he still believe the killer will be caught?

"Yes, I do."

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/28280754/detective-still-haunted-by-a-killer/

Interesting that David Birnie offered to help.

"He said, 'Paul, you know if you want to come down and interview me in relation to what's happening over there I can tell you from a serial killer's perspective what I'd be thinking if it was me'," Mr Ferguson recalls.

"I know that the offender thinks at this stage that he or she is smart and they've got away with it," he says.

"Yes, I do."

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/28280754/detective-still-haunted-by-a-killer/

"He said, 'Paul, you know if you want to come down and interview me in relation to what's happening over there I can tell you from a serial killer's perspective what I'd be thinking if it was me'," Mr Ferguson recalls.

The audio clip was interesting. Lots of armchair detectives and they mention the blogs.

"Yes, I do."

He is rather cryptic at the end don't you think?

"What I can tell you is that the more people involved in the crime, the more chances of getting caught," he says.

"Relationships change. Friendships break down. Circumstances change. If someone has some information that can lift one person above the others, ring Crime Stoppers."

The cops have the footage of the mystery man. Surely they have other footage from that night that they could go through to and identify the same guys movements and/ or get a good frontal shot of him? Unless he is a teleporter?

I frequently lurk on CSK threads inc BF (though that was doing my head in that I gave reading half the posts) Grew up in Perth and was clubbing during the disappearances, but never in Claremont. CSK was a hot topic and always discussed. I do remember my friends and I chatting to a couple of guys one night in a pub and the topic came up. One of the guys mentioned his sister had been out one night at Club Bayview and caught a taxi afterwards. Apparently, someone jumped out from the back of the seats, as if they were hiding in the boot. She managed to escape but this guy was then telling my friends and I to always travel in station wagon taxis (sedans may have someone hiding in the boot!) Funny thing is I always remember that every time I catch a cab - I'll look out or wait for a station wagon!

I have read of a story on one of these threads about a girl who broke her leg as she was escaping from a similar attack. But I reckon this was different as this guy didn't say his sister broke her leg and Id expect that sort of detail would be mentioned.

Or even in the boot, but with the catches on the back seats modified so that all he had to do was push on the back of the seat and it would open...

"Yes, I do."

The audio clip was interesting. Lots of armchair detectives and they mention the blogs.

Shadowboxer, please could you provide a link to the audio clip? I couldn't seem to find it, only the article..

Lets not forget that SR had not only claimed to have had a victim in his taxi the night before, he also had a stun gun. He is my number 1 and always will be. What the police havn't ever divulged is what the killer actually done to the girls. I believe he done his thing with them elsewhere and then used the pre planned dump sites so the actual kill site could not be profiled. I have had a few PM's regards the condition of the body's or what the killer done and will not answer. Taxi, I'm 100 percent on.

Can anyone tell me what system the taxi industry used back then? Were they still using CB radio or had they started using the digital version where all dispatch notices sent as text so that there is no audio transmission or broadcast that can be intercepted?

Helllooooooooooooo

Can you please answer my question from the previous page about why you are certain the CSK (or one of them) is involved with IT?

Sorry missed this one.

I don't know if the actual killer/s has/have IT experience, wasn't really the gist of my post. Don't even know if any of the wider group had IT know how back then - not many people did back then. We're talking only few years after DOS and dial up.

They do now though.

Might not be hacker-level themselves, but they are definitely able to access the services of a high level IT guy through some or other method.

There are definitely a lot of moves toward Information Technology on almost every criminal front, particularly organized crime, and not just for financial gain.

My IT comment was an addition to this post:

Kemo, I know for a fact... I mean, I suspect, that there were people in Perth before, at and since that time, who had magnetic "taxi" door signs and battery powered roof top "vacant" lights with magnetic bases. These people also had magnetic signs that could "instantly" transform any typical nondescript, late model, white vehicle into a service or amenities vehicle driven by employees of companies such as Western Power, Coke, Telsta, "Live Tissue Transfer" , Perth Gas and Plumbing, Rent-a-plant, Perth Security Services and various others.

These people also had numerous sets of stolen number-plates which they would swap with the plates of whichever vehicle was used for whatever they used it for, for the duration of whatever it was they were doing, and then dispose, and "western power" and "telstra" overalls, hardhats and fluro vests, fluro "police" tape (like what you put around crime scenes) and security guard uniforms complete with walky talkies, hand cuffs and fake id.

Perth is a small city, relatively, but of course as with any large town or city in the world, organized crime will invariably start staking out their territories and niches, and I am sure these magnetic signs were used for all manners of crimes and unlawful behavior, and probably still are...

These syndicates almost all have interstate roots and/or connections and the syndicates are surprisingly interactive considering the usual borderline-cliche rivalry (though such dealings often end in normal criminally vengeful fashion when they go wrong). With Perth being as isolated as what it is, and the major transport industry between here and the other major Australian cities and ports being long haul trucking, it is also possible that if the killer/ killers had access to these signs and were in the transport industry, and they could easily be responsible for numerous unsolved murders and disappearances.

JBM was investigated for the CSK'sn but ruled out. The Falconio murder took place in a "central"meet up point for interstate drug dealings and was in the trucking industry. The people with the magnetic signs are truckies and bikies who traffic drugs interstate, and a few of them are rampant bisexual homophobes (a paradox I know, but hypocrisy is a prevailing trait of sexual sadists and psychopaths, is it not?)who network with other like-minded ****s via their cbr networks, which is the medium through which they conduct their drug dealings and other criminal activity too, and through which they can also monitor police activity (or could before the cops switched to predominantly mobile phone communications when setting up busts and stings).

They tip each other off about backpackers and hitch-hikers thumbing for lifts and know every single parking spot and rest bay between all the major cities.

They network with other truckies, bikies, taxi drivers, small plane pilots, "wandering campers" and even cops and military personnel, whom they impersonate on other required occasions (fYI not all truckies and bikies look like their cliche counterparts. It all depends on their line of work, and of course their "associates" come from all walks of life).

If you look at the lists, there definitely appear to be "clumps" of killings and disappearances. Many cases have similarities, but then they will have anomalies that don't add up because the victim doesn't fit the right profile or the MO is different or, of course, they are geographically hundreds or thousands of kilometers apart.

I still believe there is more than one killer and that these killers sometimes work separately, sometimes together and sometimes with other associates which is why they always seem to be locals with knowledge of the area and/or of the victims and why the victim profiles seem to overlap as well as MO's and locations...

All this is just "IMO" of course...

Because the autopsy said she had byte marks all over her.

Ha! Good one, Bartholemeus.

And Shadowboxer, you're a terra! lol

But seriously, that is not the first hint at, or rumor of, the mysterious injuries the cops won't mention perhaps being bite marks.

It sickens me to ask this, but I have my reasons: has anyone heard rumors of cannibalism?

Either for these or other unsolved in OZ?

Has anyone got any credible sources to which the Police have said the "martial arts expert" SD, was a POI? Or has he only been thought to be a POI from just rumors on the forums?

There's no bite marks and there was definitely no cannibalism, that's a fact. If their were bite marks, this case would be solved same goes for cannibalism.

Cause of death is a closely guarded secret though, and even Police due to the advanced state of decomposition of the bodies, aren't 100% certain themselves, but they have a very good idea.

There's no bite marks and there was definitely no cannibalism, that's a fact. If their were bite marks, this case would be solved same goes for cannibalism.

Cause of death is a closely guarded secret though, and even Police due to the advanced state of decomposition of the bodies, aren't 100% certain themselves, but they have a very good idea.

Thanks - good to know.

Any chance you can tell me what system the taxi industry used to broadcast dispatches back then? Were they still using CB radio or had they started using the digital version where all dispatch notices sent as text so that there is no audio transmission or broadcast that can be intercepted? Or was that post CSK era and as a result of?

Thanks - good to know.

Any chance you can tell me what system the taxi industry used to broadcast dispatches back then? Were they still using CB radio or had they started using the digital version where all dispatch notices sent as text so that there is no audio transmission or broadcast that can be intercepted? Or was that post CSK era and as a result of?

if you go to the thread that was on Big Footy there was someone on there who worked for the taxi company at the time. They talk about the systems they had back then...
Username with the info was Bunnie
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/claremont-serial-killings.985161/page-115

So nothing of any value on tonight's show other than it's highly unlikely we'll see a coronial inquest any time soon.

Is there maybe something happening in the case with all the recent renewed media interest? Hard to say but the police are certainly staying quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aspirelights