Closing Arguments- Chase Merritt Charged W/Murder of Joseph, Summer, Gianni and Joe Jr McStay #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. I wonder if someone is in there with them. Or if they have rules about the evidence. I mean if this is hung and evidence gets damaged, then what?
The Bailiff took an oath in that same video . Never saw that before . It’s earlier in that video , not much before the evidence reference that I noted.

I can't really blame them at this time though. This is how they have seen the trial being run. If you need to leave early to get your clothes from the cleaners before they close, go ahead. No problem, it's just a capital murder trial, that's all.

I don't think any of us are going to forget how this trial was run. Such a pitiful joke.

The jury should have started deliberating an hour before Cathy tweeted they started a half hour ago.

The should have been was before Cathys tweet, just going off the time they were to return.

Does that make sense?
Oh I see!! Yes that makes sense. I had to go back and look at what time you posted "should have been" and the time "Cathy tweeted" to see what you meant. Thanks for explaining!! :D

I don't know about anyone else... but I expected them to put more time into this. 2 hour lunch break? it's 3:50 there now, they couldn't go until 4 or 4:30? Am I being unrealistic? LOL maybe this jury really didn't mind all the delays and breaks. JMO
I’m baffled by the whole schedule thing . I feel for the family & friends of the McStay’s .

This is a serious question . I’m not trying to be funny :
Are they allowed to have alcoholic drinks at lunch in the middle of deliberating ?
NO. At least we were told we could not. We all ate at a pizza pub one lunch time and the bailiff reminded us politely as we were leaving, NO BEER ALLOWED...And we were told the same thing in the beginning as well. You will be booted from the jury if you get caught imbibing at break time.

Oh my goodness...surely NOT!! Then again, nothing would surprise me with this jury/trial.

My Dad told me that many judges have little bars in their chambers. He said many times at the end of a trial the judge would pull out a bottle and pour a shot for himself and both attorneys, as a reconciliation moment.

My Dad told me that many judges have little bars in their chambers. He said many times at the end of a trial the judge would pull out a bottle and pour a shot for himself and both attorneys, as a reconciliation moment.
Really? Wow, I've never heard of that before!! *Ponders* Well when this trial ends, I think the judge and attorneys will be taking an entirely different kind of shot---one aimed at each other! LOL

Last edited:
Maybe they've reached a tentative verdict and reviewing all the evidence for the sake of propriety. Hope so.

You could be right. Even if they came up with a unanimous guilty (or not guilty) verdict immediately, it’s been a long trial with lots of evidence and distractions. They would be wise to review the evidence to be sure they are basing their decision on the evidence rather than feelings. I know that if I were on a jury, I’d want to be sure of my vote and be able to defend my vote if asked.

But then we could have 11 Chase not guilty and 1 guilty who will conceed to the majority. That thought gives me chills.

There is no way 11 out of 12 can't find guilt here. I think its way more likely its 11 guilty with one holdout. I'm thinking they will not be able to issue a verdict. I just wonder how long until they tell the judge that it is hopeless.

imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member