Closing Arguments- Chase Merritt Charged W/Murder of Joseph, Summer, Gianni and Joe Jr McStay #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems a likely scenario that waiting until Monday is to accommodate the family.

The snarky comments here about the jury have been pretty disheartening. So many conclusions drawn without having all the facts. Reasonable questions and criticisms of the court’s handling of a case are one thing, but some people here act like the trial should be tailored to the desires of followers of the case, like it’s a reality show. Everyone who has been following this case is impatient, that only makes sense, but if there is a reason it’s better to wait until Monday, that’s okay too.

I'm unsure if they could change their mind... they usually poll the juror's at the end, if one says "no" that's not my verdict now... then what? I don't think it happens often, but giving them 3 days to go home and ponder the thought... whether it's the the thought of letting a guilty man go free, or having doubts about his guilt, I just don't see how this is a good thing at all, 3 friggen days???

@gitana1 now that they have reached a verdict, did the judge review that verdict already? or will that be done on Monday as well? TIA

I think that the polling has to be a last chance for the jury members to change their mind—even if it is mainly ceremonial.

@gitana—can you answer that question too? :)

I wish we had the old emoticons, especially the one where the person is banging his head against a brick wall.
th

Oh wait....this one!!!!!!!!

th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads