Closing Arguments- Chase Merritt Charged W/Murder of Joseph, Summer, Gianni and Joe Jr McStay #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not the shock of a guilty verdict, as much as it is a huge weight lifted off their shoulders.

Their biggest fear would have been this vile mass murderer, being a free man.

They were acutely aware of the stakes here.

Chase Meritt will never pray on another innocent victim, something he did his entire life.
Used wrong word, should have use the word, emotional, instead of shock. I'm sure the prosecution team is extremely emotional at this point at finally getting justice for the brutal murders of this family. It can be totally overwhelming.

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 1m1 minute ago
Charles Merritt Found Guilty in the Murders of the McStay Family https://lawandcrime.com/live-trials/live-trials-current/charles-merritt/mcstay-murder-trial-verdict/ … via @lawcrimenews

D8t4g6GU8AA0Y0H.jpg

Well that's the fastest verdict update I've ever seen on websleuths. Wow.

I still don't know if Chase is guilty or not. But I do feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

I imagine that is how the McStay family feels as well.

Merritt's family however, is now entering a living hell.

I still don't know if Chase is guilty or not. But I do feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

Merritt has been putting his family through hell for years now.

I think he might speak now because they dont really do a cross during this phase.

And he is a con man, so he will be sure he can convince them to have mercy, and give him a light sentence.

No cross examination? Thanks—I hadn’t realized that—seems a little disturbing. Well, I don’t really care too much what the sentence is, but I’m very curious as to what will be introduced into evidence that we hadn’t heard about before.

I have sympathy for Merritts younger children but not his ex girlfriend who was lying though her teeeh in the stand. She is equally as vile as she had kids so how could she support him is beyond me.

I suppose those who think Chase is not guilty can hope that The Innocence Project takes his case, but I seriously doubt that will happen.

Personally, I hope for LWOP so there can’t be years of appeals paid for by CA, if that’s how it works there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinkeydave