Closing Arguments- thread #171

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:floorlaugh::floorlaugh: no words needed, plenty of visuals on that one :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Noticed a lot that Wilmot jumps up before she even says the words "objection may we approach". Kept wishing the judge would say "no". That would have been hilarious.

Can't believe the jury won't be sequestered! There ARE supporters of JA's out there, believe it or not. Who knows what they might do to interrupt this trial. 'Accidents' do happen, ya know! Not only that, the jury will have to wait until Monday to start deliberating. How much momentum will be lost as they go from the courtroom to their regular routines for two days? It's not right!
MOO

My phones are OFF, Blinds are SHUT, got my GIANT Diet Cherry Coke, Couple packs of smokes, Xanax's on hand, tissues, a few snacks and I am letting the Lab's out now to pee!

Justice for Travis.

LMAO... just like a disaster preparedness drill! Me too! :great:

who knows, but I sense the judge is corralling the defense in some way, reminding Wilmott that there will be no approaches. Wonder if they put a seatbelt in Wilmott's chair?
They should get her a stun belt too. Her and Jodi's outfits will match perfectly that way!

Question...does the jury get trancripts of Jodi's testimony? I know there have been some note-takers, but to really catch all her inconsistencies it would be very helpful if the note-takers have very thorough notes.
For example, regarding the knife, during Nurmi's re-direct he asked so Jodi as far as you recall did you ever take the knife with you (something like that, or was the knife ever in the car with you)...her answer was "NO, never. EVER. The knife was never in the car with me." She didn't say anything like "no, not that I remember" or " I don't remember everything clearly but I don't think the knife was ever with me." There have been SO MANY things she's said like that which are clear signs that she's lying about putting the knife in the dishwasher, about memory....actually about EVERTHING.

I feel guilty for not getting any work done. I promise I will be more productive once this is all over with.

That's what I keep thinking. Just give me a leeeettle bit longer and I'll be back to work.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh: no words needed, plenty of visuals on that one :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I find it rare to see "may we approach" during closings. It's either sustained or overruled. If JW starts playing a pop tart, I will lose my marbles. Maybe she doesn't realise her insistent objections are duly noted on the jury.

:scared:

MOO

Mel

From AZ Central :

Chris Williams Chris Williams ‏@chriswnews 3m

@LepageCarrie ask PIO. i imagine it's due to the large number who want in and concern about keeping the line straight.

Chris Williams Chris Williams ‏@chriswnews 1m

Still no sign of the #JodiArias legal teams since slipping into chambers. #Arias has a row of supporters, #TravisAlexander 3 rows

Kevin Kennedy ‏@AZNEWSKEVIN 1m

Seats for all day to Jodi Arias. 11 people will get in. Drawing about to happen. #closingarguments

I thought I heard HLN won't be covering anymore trials.

I think they'll be covering them, just no more live feed all day every day. I think they're going to stick with the shows instead of 6 hours of trial. I could absolutely be wrong.. All I know that TruTV now shows "Lizard Lick Towing" and "World's Dumbest" 8 hours a day! :)

HLN just said that KN will be giving the defense's closing argument!

Hoping the DT goes as fast as these threads! I can't keep up!

who knows, but I sense the judge is corralling the defense in some way, reminding Wilmott that there will be no approaches. Wonder if they put a seatbelt in Wilmott's chair?

I was really hoping that we'd get at least one "may we approach?" during the jury instructions. That would be a classic moment.

On the other hand, it's made an incredibly intense drinking game. :cheers:

Willmott will be giving Juan serious stink eye today.

Wish we could have three feeds. One on Juan, one on Jodi and another on Willmott's face.

Has this thread been crashing recently?

If not, I'm betting it will be quite a bit from here on out.

I can't keep up with the posts already... and can't keep up with thanking everyone's posts. Please consider your posts thanked by me!

What you said. The thread is already moving at lightening speed. I read what I can but find I am 1-2 pages behind in no time...and I have mine set at 100 posts/page. I know I miss some really excellent posts. This is the first trial I've followed closely since FCA. I so hope JA doesn't somehow have sympathy from the jurors. She just doesn't deserve it.

Justice for Travis Alexander.

HLN reported last pm each side gets 5 hour limit for closing

HLN reports Nurmi doing closing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics