Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
speaking of objections.....

during closing arguments can the opposing counsel object to something they say? I'm assuming no but thought I'd ask just to make sure.

It's allowed but rarely happens. (I'd find you a link but kinda busy :floorlaugh:)

Juan looks rested and boooutiful today

Jodi, during the reading of the Jury instructions.

25iy905.jpg

What's up with this sexual assault charge? is that on the table?

reporterjmiguel Only 11 spectators were let in this morning. Ow sure how the afternoon session will work.
50 seconds ago · reply · retweet · favorite

I think the jurors will spend a bit of time on these instructions to whiddle it down.

I did. I did a fist pump during that instruction. They don't all have to agree to the premeditation to get first degree murder.

We must be related! Me too! :rockon: I really felt just awesome when I heard that. It completely knocked the worry right out of me.

I know I'm not pleased. DT must have really fought damn hard to get these charges added to the instructions.

I always assumed there would be 2nd Degree. I'm not surprised at all about manslaughter. It is what it is.... and it's 1st Degree murder. :twocents:

Is this just a boilerplate jury instruction? Sounds like it.

Ouch my ears!! Lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Anyone know who the three people in front are?

Attachments

• who are these people in front outside the railing.jpg
    who are these people in front outside the railing.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 27
JA's perked up (about to grin) now that the sexy-time talk has started... ugh.

Holy cow its finally closing args time....yeah i am late to the party

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Carp! My hubby will be here to pick me up in a minute for lunch. Do you think he'll notice that I have one earbud in and my iphone in my pocket so I can still listen?

TECHNICALLY she could theoretically be found guilty of 2nd degree. Ugh I hope the jury sees reason

That would be difficult with grabbing another weapon and the slitting of the throat, imho. That's aside from all the evidence of planning and hiding the crime before the fact.

I hope the jurors have heard the explanation of how murders that take a lot of work are typically premeditated. To keep on slashing or strangling, etc. is premeditation itself. The person has long enough to realize that they are killing the person.

I think of 2nd degree murder as one gunshot, etc, typically. Something that can be done with one blow, so to speak. That can be done without much thought, while stabbing someone nearly 30 times really can't.

I think I like that the jury instruction are before the closing arguments. The jury can use their sheets as a guide during closings. :twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez