Closing Arguments- thread #171

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of BBF bonding going on who's the attorney jw or jodie
Hard to tell

Okay, now I've lost it. Crying here and I don't care. The truth is being spoken, finally, and thousands upon thousands of people worldwide are hearing it. It's a very special and somber moment for this world. Good will prevail.

elizabetherwin My friend @CoreyABC15 tells me @HLNTV is blasting the #JodiArias closing arguments over a loudspeaker outside the courthouse.
22 seconds ago · reply · retweet · favorite

That is so awesome. They should replay them instead of playing the DT's closing statement.

elizabetherwin Jurors can't take their eyes off Martinez during closings. #JodiArias
15 seconds ago · reply · retweet · favorite

I am having chills after chills here and a HUGE smile and shaking my head YES YES YES. Juan's GOT THIS! I feel so much better now :)

I never doubted Juan's ability to get the truth across.

No one knows JA better than JM.

IMO

I love the way JM is mocking JA with his tone of voice.

"She's uncomfortable."

Can JM put up photos, show video/audio or other evidence during closing?

Yes -- it happened in the amferny case. I suspect autopsy photos will come out eventually. He'll use those to bring it home.

MOO

Mel

"I don't need to repeat it, you all remember those text messages"

Love it!

Any bets that the opposite will happen with Nurmi? He will repeat them over and over and over! :giggle:

JW needs to stop with the dirty looks, sighs, and rolling chair back as if mad. JW will get her turn.

JA appears to tune out JM by writing her book or drawing but she is more alert...I hope the guards are more alert,I am concerned.

Bless Travis' family and friends.

The thing is JW has a muzzle on today nothing out her period! Nurmi will be Jodi's voice today.

......love when he says "regaled"... and mimics her supposed thoughts....this man is brilliant in his passionate stand for Travis.....

There's a big part of me that totally trusts Juan Martinez. With years of experience he knows much more than I do about how to present closing arguments.

However, there is another part of me that cries out for linear thinking where he presents a long detailed narrative beginning with the missing gun from JA's grandparent's house. Then takes the jurors through a step-by-step story about how she premeditated and carried out her well planned murderous and devious plan.

Right now JM is jumping around from one piece of evidence to the next -- which may or may not be related to each other.

Sure hope it works -- especially when it comes to proving premeditation.

I think many of us are nervous about the verdict because of how deeply we want justice for Travis and the Alexander family. Perhaps my concern about JM's style of closing is an overreaction to wanting a proper verdict so very very bad. Go Juan!

He is going chronologically through the relationship. He mentions a few side points about ALV, etc, if they tie in then, but it is quite linear, actually.

He didn't start with the later parts. He is building up from her history to the climax, which I think is a powerful way to do it.

It did not happen.

JW is acting like a babysitter. I wish JA would show her true colours and throw a fit in front of the jury.

Yes. I would love to see her "shocker belt" in action. I think we've earned the right to see that! lol

love the way JM says "Bobby Juarez"

I hope the jury is watching Jodi's smiles and Jenny's eye rolling! They've got a lot of nerve. They are just asking for it so I hope the jury gives it to them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akwy