Closing Arguments- thread #172

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is the guy with the bewildered look on his face, sitting on the defense side of the gallery? It's like he's concentrating really hard and not getting it.

The FOG must be really strong over there today....

Nothing! I hope it's not as horrible as the one they did on Laci Peterson.

Then again, it would be interesting to see them act out the stalking & showing up uninvited & have the input of all Travis' friends--we don't get to hear the whole story in court.

rob was ok but the story was full of holes...

Would some kind soul give me the cliffs notes of what transpired this morning? I just got off work. Tomorrow I am off work but I have an appointment with dd for her wedding dress fitting. Doesn't she know this trial takes priority over a wedding?

Great job! Did I catch Jodi giving the one finger salute again? Wish I knew what Juan was saying at that time.
I believe it was that she would have you believe that she returned the gas can - it was during that. Before the Christmas Tree - where she smirked.

BTW - I sent the mods a link to the resize - you are fast Maryann - cause I edited that within 10 seconds, but you caught me forgetting to resize! LOL

I really can't work out how JA's mom. I feel for her *but* she's chosen the most public place possible to show people how she is feeling . Also, that's such a contrast to her court room demeanour been the same over the last few months.

Thank you .. that's exactly what I was thinking .. she couldn't have found a more public place for this. I'm calling manipulation on this act if accurate.

Well I'm still terrified about the manslaughter option, but I think today is going well.

Don't be concerned with it. It could be reversible error if it wasn't included.

The last thing you want is a few years down the road the defendant released from prison b/c the defense didn't ask for it and the judge didn't allow it.

Jeffrey Evan Gold ‏@jeffgoldesq 21h

sherriff tells me that #jodiarias jury will pick own hours of deiberation, if they get case friday they can stay all weekend, but not gonna
Expand

I thought there was a post upthread that said court wasn't even open on the weekend.

Will go back and look.

Why the dirty looks from Wilmot to Juan?? Why is she taking this so personally? Does she really care for Jodi? It's ok in her mind to murder a man because he did not want to get married? What is her problem?
I think she genuinely cares for Jodi which is a HUGE mistake for her to make. I think that is why Nurmi is doing closing. JW has been coming across as desperate and too emotionally involved.

Question:

Was the back license plate turned upside down or the front? I thought the front was taken off by the "hoard of skateboarders" and she accidentally put it on upside down? Now I'm understanding that the back was upside down and the front was not on the car at all when she got pulled over? Is that right?

That should have been her reaction to the first day of trial!!!! Maybe she's like her daughter--the only important pain is her own. What about Travis' family across the aisle? What about wearing Domestic Violence ribbons? :banghead:
Wake up, ladies.
Can her mom testify for her in the sentencing phase? She'll beg for JA's life. It'll be like the interrogation videos.

I want JM to drive the overkill hard into the juror's minds. HARD. Sorry jury but it needs to be done.

Everyone has said they will get it Monday.

I think that JM will go for the rest of today. The DT will go tomorrow and you know how looonnnggg they'll be. So hopefully JM will have the last say on Monday and then the jury will deliberate.

moo

Here's what keeps me up nights:
The three most spectacular murder trials within the past 20 years:
OJ Simpson
KC Anthony
JA

We all knew OJ and KC were guilty just as we know JA is guilty. And, we know the verdicts in two out of three of these trials. Despite overwhelming evidence two murderers were set free. Who knows what causes a jury to make the decisions it does. So, I'm worried now.

Don't worry...this ONE will see Justice. Remain calm. JA is going to :jail: or HELL.

My daughter has worked for Budget for several years and has been my 'in the know, go to' for this case. There is an initial hit on the credit card and then an ending hit. I would call her but she's at her main job and can't be disturbed for less than an emergency....I would consider it an emergency but her boss wouldn't LOL

Took a chance and shot out a text to her...she said 'it's a split between Priceline and Budget or a split between rental day/return day'...she will explain later :)
I love that girl LOLOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member