Closing Arguments- thread #172

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...that was fun. Wonder how much fun ALV is having right about now. She sure made a lot of appearances by proxy today.

Word.

It's such an emotional day, isn't it? One minute I feel like I'm flying and the next I'm crying.

I'm glad we all have each other and that the Alexander family has us too, in spirit.

Really emotional. Away from the video of the courtroom I'm all stressed for the murderer, then I see her defiant mug next to her cohort/ I mean lawyer Wilmott, and I nearly hate her, like Horace.

I found the post. Here it is:

WS Moderator Join Date: Aug 2003
Send a message via AIM to fran

I have to laugh on how each point he hits home he's MOCKING JA's explanation.

Oh, and also fwiw, I saw a tweet a few minutes ago that said some jurors were crying looking at the texts and JA was TRYING to eek out a tear.

just sayin
fran
Thanks

Thank you and just Wow. I hope this is true.

I'm guessing that if they claim she didn't return it to the Salinas Walmart then Juan's witness from Walmart would have been the wrong guy to bring in. It would prove that the prosecution has no evidence that she never returned the gas can. Somehow Liebchenmutti found the testimony lightning quick. You can see her post below.

It does show Jodi testifying that she bought and returned the gas can to the Salinas Walmart. Liebchenmutti, I have no idea how you found that as fast as you did. :eek:

It's worth splashing this all over again, just to refresh everyone's memory! OOPS - Where did the link go???

If she pulls something like that, the jury is sure to know it is another one of fabricated stories. That will be one more lie they will know she and the DF team told to them. I don't think the jury will take that to kindly.

She can't lie her way outta that...they can refer back to the transcript of her testimony if they have any questions or doubts about what she said.

what will the lifetime movie show that we do not already know ?

Nothing! I hope it's not as horrible as the one they did on Laci Peterson.

Then again, it would be interesting to see them act out the stalking & showing up uninvited & have the input of all Travis' friends--we don't get to hear the whole story in court.

Anyone know if there is a way to watch Juan's closing from the beginning while I'm at lunch?

I just checked and it's not up on YouTube yet. The last upload on croakerqueen123 was the Jury instructions from this morning.

If I, like most of us here, do not hear Guilty of Murder 1. I give up. I will lose hope in all humanity.

what will the lifetime movie show that we do not already know ?

There's a whole lot of people who don't know all that much about this case - they know some but they're not obsessed like us.

The movie can show all the stuff never in evidence, e.g. the tire slashing, the confrontation between Jodi & that woman in the bathroom. But does anyone who sold the rights to the story to Lifetime - who is controlling the content? Is it Jodi's team? Or Travis' family?

KINSEY SCHOFIELD ‏@kinseyschofield 15h

#JodiArias' Mother was sitting on the courtroom steps with her face in her hands when I left. #Defeated
Expand
I really can't work out how JA's mom. I feel for her *but* she's chosen the most public place possible to show people how she is feeling . Also, that's such a contrast to her court room demeanour been the same over the last few months.

Actually, they carry "chucks" that are used to tighten or loosen their wheels, maybe I can find a pic, but my son was an avid "boarder", went through a skate board every 2 months, he even kept the busted ones.

But does your son and his friends skate in crowded suburban shopping centers located off a highway?

Oh, we did. We've discussed everything here, Elle. :floorlaugh:

Actually, this is one of the few times that I'm in disagreement with one of JM's statements. IIRC, Jodi said the CD with the pictures Travis wanted was in her laptop. It could be argued that she didn't "know" they were there and brought them along because she brought her laptop along.

I won't swear 100% that that's what she said. But that's my recollection.

Am I losing my mind or? I thought she did testify that she kept the CD's packed, as she never knew when she'd be seeing him again, or something similar. How convenient. Does anyone else remember that? So that it was in her luggage or whatever, not kept in her car.

I might be misremembering (flashback from CA case, LOL).

In any regard, I'm so pleased at how Juan is doing. :rockon:

Jodi had [apparently] done something very, very bad -- very unforgivable,” Hughes said. “It had to be worse than slashing tires, stealing journals, stealing rings, stalking him – it was worse than that because this was the first time I saw this kind of response from [Travis]. I don't know what it was. It had to have been really bad.”

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/04/30/did-e-mail-contain-clue-travis-death

I'll bet she told him she had the phone sex recording and threatened to release it to his church and PPL peeps...I also think she threatened to lie and tell them he was a pedophile and this spawned the angry text from Travis. She is EVIL incarnate!

I think she stole from him. The banking stuff is not adding up to me yet. So, I think she did something horrible to him that way, and he got mad...so she decided to come up with the pedophile and releasing the recording thing.

I think it will come out soon what exactly that was.

I have to respectfully disagree. I have no doubt her grandmother knows exactly what she is and what she is capable of. I think she is probably there for her daughter, not her granddaughter. JMO

I have to disagree. I do not think that anyone, much less Jodi's grandmother, could have really known the true capabilities of Jodi's sociopathic/BP disordered mindset before she killed Travis. I feel sorry for both families. Jodi has caused a lot of pain for so many ...on both sides of the aisle. She is the one on trial here, not her grandmother, not her mother, not her sister etc...Jodi committed the crime.

Great job! Did I catch Jodi giving the one finger salute again? Wish I knew what Juan was saying at that time.

How did that picture get in my post? I don't even know how to do that. But, on a lighter note, I also saw Jodi's granny doing the one finger salute, too.

Can a mod please remove that huge pic from my last post. Seriously, I don't know how that got there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbieJ