Closing Arguments- thread #172

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any place it is safe to vent frustration about JW?

I am catching up on end of yesterday during the break, and she is making me want to scream! It is especially heinous with the lovely Dr. Horn.

I made my DH watch her make a fool of herself with Dr. Horn--he's such a gentleman, he did not take the bait & lose his temper. She's so in over her head it's now stunning. She does not understand the answers to her own questions!

And she attacks Dr. Horn over a meaningless typo--meaning that since the man was shot in the head and the bullet went through the right frontal lobe THE DURA HAD TO HAVE BEEN PIERCED! Only JW would look at that and conclude that this bullet went through an imaginary area in front of the brain. She's drowning in ignorance at this point!

Travis sisters crying broke my heart though. And I know the hardest part is yet to come. JM hasn't even talked about the actually killing yet. </3 And then Nurmi will get up and repeat the slander and the lies.

KINSEY SCHOFIELD &#8207;@kinseyschofield 15h

#JodiArias' Mother was sitting on the courtroom steps with her face in her hands when I left. #Defeated
Expand

That is sad. Reality must be setting in for her. Hearing Juan putting it all together cannot be easy for her.

I thought they had decided that once the jury got the case they would be sequestered. In that case, why wouldn't they work straight through the weekend?

No sequestration.

I believe she said she just kept them in her laptop case....iirc.

I thought she said they were always in her car, and I remember thinking, we'll you weren't in *your* car, so you must have intentionally put them in the rental car.

But I could be misremembering, and maybe it was the laptop bag.

Really? They aren't going to deliberate over the weekend? (Assuming it will take them that long, that is).

Courthouse closed over the weekend. Not enough $$ for adequate security.

Word.

It's such an emotional day, isn't it? One minute I feel like I'm flying and the next I'm crying.

I'm glad we all have each other and that the Alexander family has us too, in spirit.

Skateboarding and carrying a screw driver??? Sounds like a good way to get stabbed.....

Actually, they carry "chucks" that are used to tighten or loosen their wheels, maybe I can find a pic, but my son was an avid "boarder", went through a skate board every 2 months, he even kept the busted ones.

I really hope the jury caught JA all smiles when Juan was talking about the sex tape and how smiley she was.
The most emotion any of us have seen from her is when she is talking about sex.

I think in her mind she thinks she will beat this silly murder charge and walk and have a career in adult entertainment.

I hope the jury caught her scrunched up face while JM was refering to the May 26 text message - she certainly was repulsed by Travis' words and it showed. Telling.

I too think she believes she will get off with next to nothing for murdering Travis. JMO - she has lied all her life and there have been no serious consequences that she couldn't wriggle out of, she can't imagine any existing now.

Collectively, how many times did we scream and gnash our teeth in anguish at ALV's appalling support of the lying murderess?

Well, today Juan responded to the [dripping with sarcasm] apologist. It was perfect and worth the wait.

Does anyone know why the DT were talking out loud and denying that Jodi testified that she returned the gas can to the Salinas Walmart?

I just looked up the YouTube video & she does say she returned it to the same Walmart. What are they up to?

they are up to NOTHING unless they presented it into evidence. No SRB witness was ever brought up (so they will bloviate on their closing most likely but the jury goes into the room to talk.. with EVIDENCE)

:twocents:

I found the post. Here it is:

WS Moderator Join Date: Aug 2003
Send a message via AIM to fran

I have to laugh on how each point he hits home he's MOCKING JA's explanation.

Oh, and also fwiw, I saw a tweet a few minutes ago that said some jurors were crying looking at the texts and JA was TRYING to eek out a tear.

just sayin
fran
Thanks

Does anyone know why the DT were talking out loud and denying that Jodi testified that she returned the gas can to the Salinas Walmart?

I just looked up the YouTube video & she does say she returned it to the same Walmart. What are they up to?

I'm guessing that if they claim she didn't return it to the Salinas Walmart then Juan's witness from Walmart would have been the wrong guy to bring in. It would prove that the prosecution has no evidence that she never returned the gas can. Somehow Liebchenmutti found the testimony lightning quick. You can see her post below.

It does show Jodi testifying that she bought and returned the gas can to the Salinas Walmart. Liebchenmutti, I have no idea how you found that as fast as you did. :eek:

w-i-l-m-a!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A show for the jury would be my guess. I think their actions are despicable and I hope the jury is taking note of it. No respect for themselves, the jury, or the seriousness of this trial. JMO

KINSEY SCHOFIELD &#8207;@kinseyschofield 15h

#JodiArias' Mother was sitting on the courtroom steps with her face in her hands when I left. #Defeated
Expand

Wow. Meanwhile her daughter is acting like a giggly teeny bopper with her BFF attorney.

So many people have been shattered by this defendant. And she doesn't give a damn.

I thought I saw one of the moderators post that message on the thread during JM's closing. That there was talk of that on twitter.

The thread was moving so fast and I really was trying to concentrate on Juan and JA's expressions so maybe I missed it.
Wonder if the mod received a tweet from someone.

Does Jodi's Grandma freak other people out too or is it just me?

Me too Mrs G Norris.
Out of anyone who's sat in the courtroom in support(?) of JA ...
the grandma is the one feel sympathy for.
(also feel bad for JA's father ... he seems like a beaten down shell of a man, who has had JA's number for years)

BUT .... When I look at JA's grandma - her looks freak me out b/c she bares a strong physical resemblance to JA.
G'Ma looks like what JA might look like in 50-60 years. IMO.
I Hope (and pray) we never see another picture of JA after this trial.
LWOP or DP ... I pray JA is long forgotten by the media once this trial is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bshie