Closing Arguments- thread #172

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Nurmi going to get 5 hours or is he going to get "5 Nurmi hours"? Hopefully JSS will hold him to the same standard. Juan can rebutt tomorrow and leave the jury with his words over the weekend.

Otherwise I'm certain KN will drone on pausing in between every irrelevant perverted word JW wrote down on his cue cards and the jury will have to sit through an entire day of How JA felt at every point in her toxic life.

No thank you! Let's keep it moving Judge SS!

:rockon: a lawyer to me should not act like that.
Reminded me of a scene from ANDY GRIFFITH show where AUNT BEA
tends to snicker at things and make faces when somebody says something she does not like..
I liked Aunt Bea..can't say the same in this case...

That post about JA's Mom is sad. I have my own issues with family as a whole, but any of us as Mom's can remember the day we first held that baby and the hopes and dreams we had.... Can't help but feel bad for her today.

No Nurmi hasn't gone yet. I was thinking if they each had say 5 hrs (not sure what the time limit is or even if there is one) Juan would use some of his time today, then Nurmi, then Juan gets the last word. I was thinking the jury would have the case tomorrow afternoon. Not much time to deliberate. If they don't get it till end of court tomorrow, then they start fresh Monday morning.

I thought they had decided that once the jury got the case they would be sequestered. In that case, why wouldn't they work straight through the weekend?

Had to evacuate Grandpa due to CA fires. He has alzheimers..he's angry all the time. :cry: Scary morning. Whew. All is good. He's in good hands.

What time is the break over? I got to see Juan for about 1 hour or so. What I heard was fantastic!!

Jodi definitely testified to Travis throwing the cd against a wall of the office and shattering it. Any juror who saw the pic of neatnik TA's closet and remembered the floor machine waiting in readiness knows that's a lie.

JW spoke about it in her opening statement as well.

I think the bewildered looking guy might be a brother of Travis? I think I remember reading that one of his brothers might have issues.

You know, I think that might be the brother that had the issues with the law. Looks like him.

Does anyone know why the DT were talking out loud and denying that Jodi testified that she returned the gas can to the Salinas Walmart?

I just looked up the YouTube video & she does say she returned it to the same Walmart. What are they up to?

Uh....they're in a "Fog"? LOL! JA testified that she took it back to the same Walmart, close to the Starbucks...

Guess what Jodi Arias?
You killed him three ways and then wanted to kill him again at trial.
Guess what Jodi Arias?
Travis Alexander was brought alive again in the courtroom today, washed in the light of the truth , thanks to Juan Martinez.
It is a bright and perpetual light and the jury is going to be the ones basking in it when they mark the verdict form.
Travis will be forever loved while you are forever scorned.

In the Mormon church they teach the little children this adorable song,
Jesus Wants Me for A Sunbeam
Travis what a beautiful Sunbeam you must be for our Heavenly Father now!
http://youtu.be/urtkfO88Dhg
http://youtu.be/60-IbdAvh0Q

Here's what keeps me up nights:
The three most spectacular murder trials within the past 20 years:
OJ Simpson
KC Anthony
JA

We all knew OJ and KC were guilty just as we know JA is guilty. And, we know the verdicts in two out of three of these trials. Despite overwhelming evidence two murderers were set free. Who knows what causes a jury to make the decisions it does. So, I'm worried now.

Chelly, I totally understand how you feel and how that worry feels like it is never far away. FWIW, this is what I have decided, while this may not make sense to others it helps me; I will not be watching the DT closing (I will stay on WS and follow there--only after the verdict will I actually watch it), I will stay focused on my view of AZ as more conservative (LE minded) than the coastal states of Florida and California, and that hold my belief close that Juan will use Travis's own words to bring him back to testify before the jury. It may sound silly but these things give me a sense of peace and faith.

Really? Where did your here this Rose222?

I thought I saw one of the moderators post that message on the thread during JM's closing. That there was talk of that on twitter.

I can't help but feel sorry for her grandmother, bless her heart, she's probably in shock that she's sitting in a courtroom listening to her grand-daughter's murder trial.
Right, not a wedding or the birth of a grandchild , but in a courtroom for a trial on first degree murder charges, with a gun taken from her own home.

I wonder why grandpa didn't come ?

I really hope the jury caught JA all smiles when Juan was talking about the sex tape and how smiley she was.
The most emotion any of us have seen from her is when she is talking about sex.

I think in her mind she thinks she will beat this silly murder charge and walk and have a career in adult entertainment.

Thanks, I just puked in my mouth a little.....

I can't help but feel sorry for her grandmother, bless her heart, she's probably in shock that she's sitting in a courtroom listening to her grand-daughter's murder trial.

I have to respectfully disagree. I have no doubt her grandmother knows exactly what she is and what she is capable of. I think she is probably there for her daughter, not her granddaughter. JMO

Is there any place it is safe to vent frustration about JW?

I am catching up on end of yesterday during the break, and she is making me want to scream! It is especially heinous with the lovely Dr. Horn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bshie