Closing arguments- thread #173

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I get chills when I think about what she must have been screaming at him as she proceeded with her inhuman butchery. Because you know she was screaming something.

I have wondered the same thing

Ya, its a slang term usually spelled dawg used as a synonym for like "buddy, pal, friend".

Right, ironically, I have a friend named Travis that I call T-dog. It's an endearment, a term of affection.

That was a great point because its like saying she left his "baby" alone. Made her out to be super cold/inhumane yet again!. No human would leave a "baby", human child or fur child, all alone. Loved that he said that! I loved that he took the time to consciously show the jury that even Naps was a victim of this *censored!!!!!!!* I LOVE MY JUANCHO!!!

Good point, Mellinyce -- JA darn near starved a friend's cat to death when she said she would take care of the cat while her friend was o/o/town for 2 weeks -- JA said she knew about cats, so she set up enuff food & water for 2 weeks' time for the cat & never checked on the poor animal. The poor cat was in bad shape when the owner returned.

Then she kicked the family dog for doing something, and she never saw him again. Hmmmm, just how hard did she kick that poor dog?

And those are 2 incidents we know about....

Cruelty to animals is also unforgivable, selfish & hateful, IMO. Grrrrrr.

Question - when Travis' friends found his body, they said his roommate was home, in his room watching TV.

If Travis had been dead for 4 days, the dog was left alone for 4 days, and the placed reeked of decomposing body odor . . ., how is it possible that his roommate did not inspect the home and find the Body ?? This never came up in Testimony. Sorry if this has been "asked and answered".

He probably got home, thought the odour was from the dog, looked around, cleaned up any mess Nap had made, end of story. The decomp wouldn't have been strong at first plus TA was in the bathroom ensuite shower, behind locked bedroom door that JA locked (while in a fog :floorlaugh:).

It reminds me of when cooking, after awhile we don't even notice the aroma but someone coming into the house from outside would yell HEY THAT SMELLS GOOD, KWIM?

I agree with that Callisto. Just yank JC and JVM off the air and give Beth her own show. The others are useless and very biased.

I agree too -- Beth Karas is so professional and sticks to the subject at hand -- I heard they are laying her off after this trial; meantime, they hired Holly Hughes who, imho, will never be on the same level as Beth.

I would think he would have to provide proof of that and it was never provided in court. Nurmi can't say she returned it to a different store when she has already testified she returned it to the same store. Plus we know she had three cans in Utah.
Nurmi didn't even cross the Walmart rep when he had the chance. Clearly a sign the DT conceded that Jodi lied to the jury about returning the gas can, IMO.

I agree too -- Beth Karas is so professional and sticks to the subject at hand -- I heard they are laying her off after this trial; meantime, they hired Holly Hughes who, imho, will never be on the same level as Beth.

BBM

Are they serious??? My HLN days are officially over.

I think these men were paying for their visits with JA and it wasn't for Bible study, but sex. I have also entertained the thought that she was paid to attend the meetings as a party girl for men they were trying to get to join the company by showing them a good time while they were there.

Most all these pyramids have a huge money investment that has to be paid to join. Where would JA get that. GS seems the type that would do something like that. And according to her parents she had been living a secret life after she left home. Would not let them visit, etc. I know this is way out there but so is this horrible thing that happened to TA. It is unimaginable to me and at this point nothing about JA would surprise me. But, she definitely looks like a party girl to me. jmo

BBM

Good point, I've always thought she was involved somehow in selling herself, she was quite the sophisticate in that area IYKWIM. Never considered her to be a party girl for men at those meetings - I think you're on target there.

I'm not in the everything-she-says-is-a-lie camp either. I didn't find the statement incredible either, but it's also hard to take anything at face value just because she has lied so much and IMO has lied about things that she doesn't need to lie about (like the gas can return, for example). I also assumed there would be some follow-up testimony about the briefcase and where it was and when she pulled out the CD's. I don't remember her saying the briefcase was in her car or that she went out to the car to retrieve the CD's but it's possible I missed that part.

I agree that this particular issue would be inconsequential except that it does tend to show premeditation. Jodi saying that the CD's were in this briefcase and that she carried them around with her seems to be an attempt to counter the premeditation - and anything that Jodi says that benefits her, I do not assume that it's true even if it is plausible.

I've also wondered if she used the car payment (a check she knew would never be cashed) as a reason to stop by since she "just happened to be in the 'hood".

She wasn't even putting in an effort today...no tears, and she was LAUGHING during part of JM's presentation. Just unbelievable. You'd think she would at least be putting forth an effort for the jury.

Does anyone know how her mom behaved today. I know she's been inappropriate many times! Did she show emotion. I had a serious medical emergency so had to go to my dr at 3:00 west coast time. Thank you in advance?

Every time JA shook her head to indicate "NO, that's not what happened!", I nod my head and say "YES, that IS what happened!"

When JM put up the nicey-nice photo of JA and Travis with friends at the Grand Canyon and she avidly looked at the photo,
how many of you immediately thought she was thinking: "Wow, my (fake) *advertiser censored* look GREAT in that picture!"

Re: BBM

Juan was masterful when he told the jury that photo was what the DT wants us to believe and then Juan immediately pulled that photo down and replaced it with I think the neck slash photo and then he said this is the reality of Jodi's feeling towards Travis. It caught Jodi off guard and it was a brilliant moment in the closing.

I can't believe Nurmi is still trying to explain this away. Just concede. If he's smart he'll not even mention it because Jodi absolutely said it went back to the same store and Juan will point that out. She was very clear about that.

Whatever nurmi says tomorrow will be fixed by Martinez in closing ! Since the state goes last.

"The guys naked, he's not going to run after her outside" Nurmi~laughs.

Did he laugh when JM said that? What a putz. Nurmi laughing at JM? He isn't half the attorney and never will be that JM is.

true story. i actually remember the last time i cried. loooonnnggg time ago ( i'm a guy,
never cried much, really ), but today early they showed Hillary just start crying, i got a
big lump in my throat and started crying. i have watched this trial from the start, seen all
family crying, but boy that look on her face was so sad. i don't express myself well writing,
i know you people get me though. :blushing:

Good for you, RATT. Sometimes it just has to come out. Hillary is so like her big brother, it's eerie. She gets to me the most of all of them as well. You just want to wrap your arms around her and rock her back & forth like you would an 8-year-old.

Very masculine, very touching & very human.

I think it's legit. Sky didn't go into details on TV the other night, but it certainly jives with what she said. I think she has tried to soften what that email said by appearing on TV. I think she did do damage with her email. I think she fueled JA's fire and we all know where that went.

Thanks, BeachGirl, that makes sense. I did see Sky last night.

I'm soooooo looking forward to Juan's final argument !!!

Whooo hooooo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members