Closing arguments- thread #173

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not in the everything-she-says-is-a-lie camp either. I didn't find the statement incredible either, but it's also hard to take anything at face value just because she has lied so much and IMO has lied about things that she doesn't need to lie about (like the gas can return, for example). I also assumed there would be some follow-up testimony about the briefcase and where it was and when she pulled out the CD's. I don't remember her saying the briefcase was in her car or that she went out to the car to retrieve the CD's but it's possible I missed that part.

I agree that this particular issue would be inconsequential except that it does tend to show premeditation. Jodi saying that the CD's were in this briefcase and that she carried them around with her seems to be an attempt to counter the premeditation - and anything that Jodi says that benefits her, I do not assume that it's true even if it is plausible.

The logical conclusion from the many lies that Jodi Arias has told isn't that EVERYTHING can be judged a lie but rather that NOTHING can be judged a truth. I'm sure that some things she says are true. But there's just no way to know what those things might be. Once you start picking and choosing some, you might as well pick and choose others. And then you end up like Alyce LaViolette who as Juan pointed out is just a self-appointed lie detector. Far safer to just disregard anything she says and build theories on other evidence. Unless of course, there's corroboration to support her and then it's the corroboration that deserves consideration not her.

Even though I am convinced that JA is guilty of premeditated murder and I do not side with the defense, I have to say that JW is doing what a good defense attorney should do to defend their client. She's zealous and very alert - not much gets past her. I think she and Nurmi probably know that Jodi is guilty but they have to do their best to defend her. And that's what they're doing. I'm fairly certain they are going to lose their case because the facts in favor of premeditation are overwhelming regardless of any "abused woman, self-defense" excuse. Anyway, I just wanted to say that I think the DT is doing what they're suppose to do, and in particular, JW. She's going to go far, I have no doubt.

:floorlaugh:

She was shaking her head when Juan was talking about situations that happened during 'the fog.'

What was she doing? Shaking the fog out of her ears?

How can she possibly shake her head, indicating no, if it was all a :stormingmad: ?

That chick, I tell you.....:jail:

Pretty OT but anyone needing some distraction, the movie Liar, Liar (with Jim Carrey) just started on the AMC channel... Maybe prepare you for the liar, liar defense attorney crap tomorrow..

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

How about lighten up? How about I was talking about the ridiculousness of the things Jodi says?

Sometimes I feel like we can't have adult conversations in here. It's extremely frustrating.

Op was talking about jodi. Sheesh.

good point, mellinyce -- ja darn near starved a friend's cat to death when she said she would take care of the cat while her friend was o/o/town for 2 weeks -- ja said she knew about cats, so she set up enuff food & water for 2 weeks' time for the cat & never checked on the poor animal. The poor cat was in bad shape when the owner returned.

Then she kicked the family dog for doing something, and she never saw him again. Hmmmm, just how hard did she kick that poor dog?

And those are 2 incidents we know about....

cruelty to animals is also unforgivable, selfish & hateful, imo. Grrrrrr.

amen!!!!!!!

I was only supposed to work a few hours today but OF COURSE today everything was an emergency and I worked 10 hrs! UGH!

I just finished watching the videos of the close and WOW! That was great! Piece by piece he showed them the string of lies all the way through her story! I am also glad he addressed ALV head on and called her for what she is, a liar. Once again JA tried to look disinterested by scribbling in her little book, but when Juan hit a nerve you could see her smirk, frown or shake her head no. She didn't look so arrogant or sure of herself by the end of the day.
And what was with her turning her chair completely around at the end and staring at the Alexander family side. There have been times I have believed she was looking at them, but this left NO doubt. I am sure she was looking for their reaction to the close, don't worry JA - they may have to try to keep their emotions in check now, but I've no doubt you will hear very, very soon exactly how they feel about you in their impact statements!
Hang in there Alexander Family - her days will soon turn from "limelight" to a very small cell and an even smaller amount of attention from anyone.

I'll never forget JA telling Det Flores in that interview room that after the 2 ninjas killed TA, she grabbed her purse and ran out of the house.

Ummm.......excuse me? Who, in that situation, would care about their purse when fleeing 2 murderers?

I agree with you somewhat on the mom part, but the poor grandma I feel horrible for. She took Jodi in her modest home and was used by her granddaughter.

You know what a contrast: loads of support for the Alexander family, but all I see is Jodi's mom, aunt, & grandma, and no one there for them.

I'll never forget JA telling Det Flores in that interview room that after the 2 ninjas killed TA, she grabbed her purse and ran out of the house.

Ummm.......excuse me? Who, in that situation, would care about their purse when fleeing 2 murderers?

Um, hello. She needs money for a strawberry frappe!!

He definitely has an advantage of being able to dismantle anything they say in their own closing...

Juan was amazing today. I couldn't watch the last bit bc of my sons school concert, but I'll watch tomorrow on YouTube...

it's all on youtube already if you have time to watch it tonight - don't miss the ending!

not everyone shows emotion the same way. they are used to Jodi and to me it seems like her actions don't surprise them. They may not say much during the penalty phase either.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

It would be nice if they apologized to the Alexander family for what their daughter/gdaughter had done. But, I won't hold my breath. jmo

Did he laugh when JM said that? What a putz. Nurmi laughing at JM? He isn't half the attorney and never will be that JM is.

He isn't half the attorney or 1/4 of the man Juan is!

About the Priceline negotiator scandal and Jodi's bank statement....

Did JM just say "Maybe Washington Mutual subscribed to the Law of Attraction...They didn't want to put anything negative here...."

:floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member