Closing arguments- thread #173

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to work a flight shortly after the afternoon break. Then I just turn my TV on and someone is saying there are 2 walmarts where the gas cans are purchased. I have purchased something at one walmart and returned it to another, and paid with credit and got cash back withing the last 6 months. Is defense gonna go there? Did Juan wrap it up? Gaaaahhh, I am running down to the hotel bar to grab a wine to go, come back and catch up.

If Nurmi argues that it will be very stupid. Jodi says, definitively, that it was returned to the same Walmart she bought it from. Another lie? Just let it go Nurmi...

There are 2 Walmarts in Salinas! Wurmi will of course, insist that Jodi returned the gas can at the 2nd Walmart. That's why he didn't cross the Walmart mgr. He didn't want to give Juan time to investigate this new and fraudulent excuse.

Wouldn't that be new evidence which is not allowed in closing statements?

Truer words were never spoken, RP. It's really tiresome.

JSS has literally given them everything they wanted. Everything. Hearsay evidence? Sure. Surrebuttal? Sure. Expanded testimony for Geffner? Sure. Manslaughter? Sure. Second degree? Sure.

Ad nauseum exclusions of vital things pro-State? You bet.

She was in way over her head here. Not sure why such an inexperienced judge was chosen for such a contentious, high profile case...but epic fail from her. If anything other than murder 1 happens here, both Willmott and Nurmi can send her a fruit basket. She doubled as third counsel. :help:

I agree completely I am most disgusted with the lesser charges being added.

I had to work a flight shortly after the afternoon break. Then I just turn my TV on and someone is saying there are 2 walmarts where the gas cans are purchased. I have purchased something at one walmart and returned it to another, and paid with credit and got cash back withing the last 6 months. Is defense gonna go there? Did Juan wrap it up? Gaaaahhh, I am running down to the hotel bar to grab a wine to go, come back and catch up.

I posted my feelings on the other walmart just a minute ago so you can read that to see why I think it's a non-issue.
Yes, Juan is done.
Tomorrow the endless defense closing.

Thanks. That's interesting. The Hughes might have been trying to help Travis, but from what I read, Skye seems emotionally charged and impulsive. It was really wrong of her to get in Travis' business like that and to do it over emails. I think Skye forgot she was Travis' friend, not Jodi's. At least from the email. I saw more of it on azcentral.com.

But I guess that's how manipulative Jodi is. Or it could be how Skye is for wanting to believe the worst about Travis. Didn't she fall for the idea that she was a pedophile?

My gut feeling about Skye when I saw her on the stand was a strange and mixed one. Something about her didn't sit right with me, but I couldn't put my finger on it. She appears to have loved Travis very much however. I guess there was a time when she trusted and liked Jodi - seems that way from this email anyway. Wow. I don't like that email at all, and I agree - it wasn't her place to get up all in his business like that.

ETA - Did the reporter get these emails from the evidence, or did someone sell them?

They just said on HLN that there is (supposedly) TWO Walmarts in Salinas, Ca. Could this be the trick up the duhfense's sleeve ITO the gas tanks? Please tell me that if true, the second Walmart was built AFTER JA's pass through that area.... Surely JM would have covered this (had an investigation done of the returns history of both Walmarts) if it was a possibility?

Unless he has proof the exact same gas can was returned at the other Salinas Walmart I think the jury will disregard it. He can IMPLY it was returned at the other Walmart, but JA said it was the SAME Walmart. Frankly, even if he proved the other Walmart just so happen to have a return of the same can on the same day, I wouldn't believe it was Jodi. Because of: the gas station receipts and JA's insistence on the stand that it was the same Walmart.

But remember the testimony, it is walmarts policy and I live in La and it is done here...the receipt would have that particular item either highlighted or circled...and Juan has that particular receipt and that item in NOT circled...plus
its all a lie anyway.

Remember when she told Dect Flores he was so weird? I about fell off my chair

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:floorlaugh: Who was weird? TA or Flores? (don't remember)

Funny her saying anyone else is weird. :scared:

I don't think manslaughter should be an option.

Agreed. If the jury sticks to the law they cannot vote for manslaughter. JM explained the law in layman's terms to that jury and all of the evidence in this case (not JA's lies, but real evidence), tells them it's M1

I'm sorry, but I always laugh at that text where MM says 'Jodi wouldn't squish a bug .. I caught her on many occasions fishing bugs out of the tub'

What the FORK? Like seriously dude. Seriously.

She behaves like Norman Bates in the movie. Always saw that from her on trial etc...evenmore so now. "Why I wouldn't even swat that fly" or something like that. Is that what he meant? I hope not...! But wouldn't doubt it. Psycho

Unless he has proof the exact same gas can was returned at the other Salinas Walmart I think the jury will disregard it. He can IMPLY it was returned at the other Walmart, but JA said it was the SAME Walmart. Frankly, even if he proved the other Walmart just so happen to have a return of the same can on the same day, I wouldn't believe it was Jodi. Because of: the gas station receipts and JA's insistence on the stand that it was the same Walmart.

Not to mention the defense knew Jaun was bringing in a walmart representative, they had every opportunity to show PROOF she indeed returned it to the other walmart. The fact that they did not speaks volumes!

Why did JM bring up the phone sex? Lots of people "fake" during phone sex. I missed his point on that one.

He was saying she was lying and faking about that so easily as she's lying and faking before the jury.

Originally Posted by MeeBee
Who needs two hands to...?

Sorry if that's crass but she just never makes any sense!
---

I see all these ladies commenting on this remark. I want to start a poll.
Surely some of you use two hands, or have.

Being a male, two hands is an option.

It was bizarrely TMI on the stand. But since you asked sincerely, I'd say optional only in general for women (but optional, sure!). Individual differences might have some ladies needing extra stimulation, though, so I wouldn't be very surprised to hear a friend say that or something.

JA offering that up on the stand seemed very strange, though, I thought. Probably her demeanor!

Your_Guardian_Angel_edited.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member