Closing arguments- thread #173

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot stand to hear Nurmi or Wilmot, but the more I think of the family and Deanna and Travis' lifelong friends who came from near and far to support the family, I am thinking how can I not be with them in having to muddle through today? SO, as unpleasant as it is going to be, I do plan on watching, with the volume down, until Juan gets up. After Tanisha's very humble request for help, for prayer and for us to fast as one voice praying for justice, I feel like I must sit through this final indignity with her and Travis' siblings. I am going to mute the volume and just be here with all of you. If the family can do it, I can gather my courage and discomfort to stand with them.

I have never been so proud of anyone as I am of Travis' brave, elegant and strong family. It is humbling just watching them. The only thing I want to say today is not Nurmi you are a slime, it is

Yes, Tanisha, we STAND WITH YOU. WE PRAY WITH YOU. WE ARE ALL WITH YOU!!!! You are America's family and we are with you now.

I remember during KC's trial that both the prosecution and defense began their closing by thanking the jury over and over again for their time and effort. I didn't even like that. I'm glad JM skipped that bit.

Think Bose DVD Player
Think Jodi's own words
Think of how many times he has quoted from trial transcripts he already had obtained from what a witness testified to, verbatim, the day before....now he has had time to get them ALL

for every single thing Nurmi tries to claim in his closing,
JM already has the defendant, or other witness prior testimony, cued up , good to go. Those little clips are his specialty.

Nurmi is going to try to take things out of context and try to blur the memory of what the jury recalls. Juan is going to say

No, ut oh, no....
here is what really happened, here is what she said to the Detective, or on day 31, at minute so and so and two seconds, it was a Wednesday, before the first break, her shoes were brown

Like all good presenters he saves the best for last.

The only thing Nurmi has got is the lies that Jodi told that Travis was such a perv and humiliated her so, tortured her so, abused her so.

In her own words, that has been disproved, repeatedly. Her own actions disprove that.

All Nurmi has is three experts who have been so thoroughly discredited, two of them may never work again in their field. They have been exposed for being completely biased and lying on the stand to the jury, and that they WERE LIED TO, not only by Joid.....wait for it......but lied to by the defense attorneys. You just can't make this stuff up!!

Juan is going to use Jodi's own police interviews, her own voice in phone calls, her media interviews, and her testimony to play back in her own voice, and video so the jury can see her own demeanor, straight faced and calm as she lied. It will be Jodi's own words, and her own little acts that do her in.

Just think of Juan with his CD in the white sleeve, pulling out the staple, walking toward the court clerk to verify the evidence stamp. Juan is going to just press play.

He is going to have his own little selections to match Nurmi's redacted audio of just Travis on the sex tape, and just the sex talk texts Travis sent.

He is going to cue up Jodi, in her own words , ACTIVELY participating, indeed leading the sex talk, and JODI's texts, asking for a good pounding, to be spanked and REQUESTING a good facial. All that nonsense about Jodi being sexually humiliated goes by the wayside, indeed becomes offensive to one's intelligence when you hear Jodi. It is obvious, most of this was her big idea, she wanted it, loved it, asked him for it, not figuratively , but LITERALLY in her own voice and her own texts, she asked him for it.

In the words of Judge Stan Strickland, "The irony is rich. Indeed!"

Juan gets the last word and one can safely assume it is going to be we are not here as a church body to determine the penance for premarital sex. We are here because she slaughtered this man, in his own home, three times over, and baaaam up on the screens will be the worst of the gruesome photos of what she did to Travis as he was trying to get away and defend himself, all the while being stabbed in the BACK. I do think he will even count out the times out loud, because when you do, it is powerful, it takes awhile. Can you just imagine?In the words of Detective Flores, "This is over Jodi. This is absolutely over."

Oh how I hope you are correct because that would be very, very powerful.

Think Bose DVD Player
Think Jodi's own words
Think of how many times he has quoted from trial transcripts he already had obtained from what a witness testified to, verbatim, the day before....now he has had time to get them ALL

for every single thing Nurmi tries to claim in his closing,
JM already has the defendant, or other witness prior testimony, cued up , good to go. Those little clips are his specialty.

Nurmi is going to try to take things out of context and try to blur the memory of what the jury recalls. Juan is going to say

No, ut oh, no....
here is what really happened, here is what she said to the Detective, or on day 31, at minute so and so and two seconds, it was a Wednesday, before the first break, her shoes were brown

Like all good presenters he saves the best for last.

The only thing Nurmi has got is the lies that Jodi told that Travis was such a perv and humiliated her so, tortured her so, abused her so.

In her own words, that has been disproved, repeatedly. Her own actions disprove that.

All Nurmi has is three experts who have been so thoroughly discredited, two of them may never work again in their field. They have been exposed for being completely biased and lying on the stand to the jury, and that they WERE LIED TO, not only by Joid.....wait for it......but lied to by the defense attorneys. You just can't make this stuff up!!

Juan is going to use Jodi's own police interviews, her own voice in phone calls, her media interviews, and her testimony to play back in her own voice, and video so the jury can see her own demeanor, straight faced and calm as she lied. It will be Jodi's own words, and her own little acts that do her in.

Just think of Juan with his CD in the white sleeve, pulling out the staple, walking toward the court clerk to verify the evidence stamp. Juan is going to just press play.

He is going to have his own little selections to match Nurmi's redacted audio of just Travis on the sex tape, and just the sex talk texts Travis sent.

He is going to cue up Jodi, in her own words , ACTIVELY participating, indeed leading the sex talk, and JODI's texts, asking for a good pounding, to be spanked and REQUESTING a good facial. All that nonsense about Jodi being sexually humiliated goes by the wayside, indeed becomes offensive to one's intelligence when you hear Jodi. It is obvious, most of this was her big idea, she wanted it, loved it, asked him for it, not figuratively , but LITERALLY in her own voice and her own texts, she asked him for it.

In the words of Judge Stan Strickland, "The irony is rich. Indeed!"

Juan gets the last word and one can safely assume it is going to be we are not here as a church body to determine the penance for premarital sex. We are here because she slaughtered this man, in his own home, three times over, and baaaam up on the screens will be the worst of the gruesome photos of what she did to Travis as he was trying to get away and defend himself, all the while being stabbed in the BACK. I do think he will even count out the times out loud, because when you do, it is powerful, it takes awhile. Can you just imagine?

In the words of Detective Flores, "This is over Jodi. This is absolutely over."

I really hope he plays the interview where she says no jury will ever convict her!!

Hey Linda!

I'm glad that you will be watching Nurmi's story-telling today. I will watch it all from start to finish because JM will come out in the end and destroy the Defense's entire case. He's done it already but he'll do it again! And if the Defense should dare yack on about sex then the jury will be even more disgusted than I suspect they already are!

Here's what I hope. I hope Nurmi drones on and on and on and on and on all day today. I then hope Juan get up Monday morning, blows him out of the water and the jury get the case RIGHT AFTER JUAN HAS THE LAST WORD. Perfect ending.

Yesterday really wore me out emotionally. I turned off the PC and went up to bed. While in bed I was watching HLN and all the accolades that Juan was getting, I started thinking about the DT. I found myself wondering if they were watching television and hearing what I was.

I do hope so. They have been so jealous and childish throughout the trial. I imagine that this will mess with their heads and psych them out. They are a twisting, lying, underhanded bunch and I expect their closing to be the same. They will try to one up Juan (no way possible) and come off even more despicable then they have been all along.

After that mess, Juan will mop the floor!

Did anyone else notice that under her killer-hand covering her killer- liar fake crying face...that the corners of her mouth were upturned...in a smile?

duping -delight?

Jodi Arias - Shows Expression of 'Duping Delight' on the Stand - Janine Driver - YouTube

I think that's why she kept her hand up and covered the side of her face that faces the jury, she wanted to hide her smiling. It was obvious there were absolutely no tears and she HAD to look at every photo. She kept pinching her nose when she would "wipe" it so it was red and looked like she was crying. She was very pleased with everyone seeing her work! I have no doubt she was remembering the entire murder the whole time Juan was going through it and relishing the thought that she has accomplished exactly what she set out to do - she killed Travis so no one else could have him and she's tried to ruin his reputation and has tortured his family at the same time.

She's evil and disgusting and should be put down.

I cannot stand to hear Nurmi or Wilmot, but the more I think of the family and Deanna and Travis' lifelong friends who came from near and far to support the family, I am thinking how can I not be with them in having to muddle through today? SO, as unpleasant as it is going to be, I do plan on watching, with the volume down, until Juan gets up. After Tanisha's very humble request for help, for prayer and for us to fast as one voice praying for justice, I feel like I must sit through this final indignity with her and Travis' siblings. I am going to mute the volume and just be here with all of you. If the family can do it, I can gather my courage and discomfort to stand with them.

I have never been so proud of anyone as I am of Travis' brave, elegant and strong family. It is humbling just watching them. The only thing I want to say today is not Nurmi you are a slime, it is

Yes, Tanisha, we STAND WITH YOU. WE PRAY WITH YOU. WE ARE ALL WITH YOU!!!! You are America's family and we are with you now.

You have perfectly covered my own feelings. I will be watching and listening with and for them. This entire family is to be admired and forever in my heart.

I re-watched the LE interrogations over that long Easter weekend. JA said 3 times "...I would have worn gloves...", and then there was "I have a box of gloves". She was being very persistent about it, like repeating it would make that nasty palm print go away. Did she wear gloves but the one she was holding the knife in was torn off when she damaged her hand? Was that her left palm print? Too much sleuthing :scared:

More proof of premeditation.

I think he will begin at the beginning, her life of abuse. Abuse by the spoon, abuse by her past BF's. Then he will follow with her "pattern" of getting into abusive relationships right up to TA and how he thinks that he abused her. He will drone on and on about sex and tootsie pops ad nauseam. I can't think of anything else.

Also Alexander family fan,

I hope when Juan replays Jodi's portion of the sex tapes, he plays the many times she said this...."what was that?, or pardon?, say again?, what did you say again?" No way did Travis know he was being taped. It doesn't make any sense, would anyone trust Jodi taping them?
Someone said Travis sent emails to himself, saying Jodi stay out of my emails..we will talk about this later. He was on to her snooping, stalking and hacking.

Hey guys! I'm watching on my computer. I missed yesterday and am going to watch it on youtube now. What time do closings start today? Did Nurmi pretend sick yesterday?

Hey guys! I'm watching on my computer. I missed yesterday and am going to watch it on youtube now. What time do closings start today? Did Nurmi pretend sick yesterday?

I heard last night Nurmi was unwell. Some how I think the judge told him to suck it up (maybe wishful thinking on my part) Supposed to start at 9 am Phoenix time, noon EST

Yesterday really wore me out emotionally. I turned off the PC and went up to bed. While in bed I was watching HLN and all the accolades that Juan was getting, I started thinking about the DT. I found myself wondering if they were watching television and hearing what I was.

I do hope so. They have been so jealous and childish throughout the trial. I imagine that this will mess with their heads and psych them out. They are a twisting, lying, underhanded bunch and I expect their closing to be the same. They will try to one up Juan (no way possible) and come off even more despicable then they have been all along.

After that mess, Juan will mop the floor!

One of those THs pointed out that Juan has tried 2x or 3x as many cases as both DT together. That Juan has been doing this a long time and is passionate about what he does, believes in what he does; he'd have to, or else he wouldn't have been doing this for so long. And at this point, the DT can only try to save JA's life... they won't get manslaughter.

Juan's and elephant: He never forgets!

Please share 'cause I still don't know. I was just reading here, not listening.

As he was running from her he left a rainbow arc of blood on the wall. And where his pot of gold should have been arias slit his throat almost cutting off his head

I'm watching JM's closing for the second time. It's even better than I thought. I was so nervous yesterday that I missed some of the things JM said.

You know, it may sound silly to some but I just feel like there were angels surrounding JM yesterday...

9:00 a.m. Arizona time today. Nurmi does the closing. JM has the last word.

I heard last night Nurmi was unwell. Some how I think the judge told him to suck it up (maybe wishful thinking on my part) Supposed to start at 9 am Phoenix time, noon EST
Thanks so much, becca! I'd better git to watching Juan from yesterday then :fence:

Morning All, I haven't read the thread yet, in fact I just awoke. TV was on with GMA and I missed half but Dan Abrams and Elizabeth Vargas were going over Juans Cross. DA said that he was really impressed with Juans cross. He said that he thought he was over the top during trial at times but he brought all together yesterday proving premed, going through the crime step by step and dismantling JA' lies. He also said that it was a big win for them for getting manslaughter in ???? along with 1st degree and 2nd degree murder charges. All in all he said JA is in trouble. No kidding. Hopefully the clip will be up soon as I did not get the first half of it with Ryan Owens reporting.

Originally Posted by OldCarGal View Post
There are 2 Walmarts in Salinas. Nurmi is going to say she probably, by mistake, went to a different one to return the gas can. After all, they all look alike.

You know Juan checked them all waiting for that lie.

I checked, googled for Walmart Salinas Grand Opening 2010, so its basically a non-issue, though I would like to see the Def Team walk into another trap. The individual who suggested this "idea" to the DefTeam, talked before doing a simple 1 minute research check. Grad Opening date and news below:

1800 N Main, Salinas, CA 93906 Phone: (831) 751-0231
Walmart Corporate - Community of Salinas Welcomes New Walmart
news.walmart.com › News Archive
SALINAS, Calif., JUNE 29, 2010 – A new Walmart opens next week in Salinas, bringing savings ... will be presented in honor of the grand-opening celebration.

http://news.walmart.com/news-archive/2010/07/05/community-of-salinas-welcomes-new-walmart

Walmart Corporate - Community of Salinas Welcomes New Walmart
news.walmart.com › News Archive
SALINAS, Calif., JUNE 29, 2010 – A new Walmart opens next week in Salinas, bringing savings ... will be presented in honor of the grand-opening celebration.

SALINAS, Calif., JUNE 29, 2010 – A new Walmart opens next week in Salinas, bringing savings on a full line of groceries and an increase in tax revenue to support the area’s economy. Nonprofit organizations will also benefit from the retailer’s ongoing charitable contributions and support for community projects. The Walmart, located 1800 N. Main St., will be open to customers at 8 a.m., Wednesday, July 7.

Store facts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member