Closing arguments- thread #173

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just hope Nurmi puts some emotion in his closing so it doesn't sound like a monotone speech. It will put us all asleep and lose the jurors.

Sorry it this has already been addresses, but anyone have ideas about why JM didn't include the magazine secret messages yesterday as an example of JA manipulating yet again?

This is something I keep thinking about, but I’m not sure I’ll be able to express myself right.
I personally believe that Jodi Arias truly believed that she could act so sweet and innocent that she could pull the wool over everyone’s eyes. I think that even going into this trial she still believes that she is going to convince the jury she is demure, virtuous, and far too sweet to intentionally do anything like what she actually did.
This isn’t working. The personality she’s trying to display comes across with a knock-off quality. She is a cubic-zirconia. She looks nice and she is going through all the motions of being a sweet, virtuous, and kind woman. However, much like a cubic zirconia falls flat and dull when compared alongside an authentic diamond; Jodi’s attempt at portraying herself as a good woman dulls when compared alongside the true gems of women who we have seen throughout this trial. Travis’s sisters, Dr. Demarte, Deanna, and Lisa are the diamonds. Jodi’s counter-fit personality can’t shine because the shine from such intelligent, strong, successful and genuinely beautiful women overshadow what Jodi’s offering.

You give CZ a bad rap using this analogy! ;) She's more like coal IMO, although I hate to give coal a bad rap...

I'm most definitely listening to every minute of this closing today. I agree with the poster who pointed out the family has to listen to it. We know it's all lies and I believe her DT knows it too. I really think Nurmi is excited to get her put away and everyone is in cahoots. Wishful thinking I know -___-

They have all the exhibits with them during deliberations and can ask for transcripts of specific testimony if they need it.

I hope the juror deliberation conversation goes like this with regard to the gas cans: "Does anyone need to review the defendant's testimony to see whether she said she returned that 3rd gas can to the SAME Walmart? No? Didn't think so."

I thought that too the first time I saw him wear that TIE!!! I thought he had on like a 1970's Prom Shirt on you know that kind they wore under the Tuxes with the ruffles on it! LOL! :rockon:

Indy, so crazy that you say that!!! I thought that when he wore it last time--it is some kind of visual trick looking thing-and it initially fooled me again yesterday

I agree that something really set him off and this is a very likely possibility. I then have to ask why he had sex with her on that fateful day? Was it his attempt to gain mercy? To get the tape erased? To pacify her?

Is their any evidence that he had sex with her that day? I see a bottle of KY on a bed, where a man is lying nude. That does not suggest sex to me, it suggests the man is at rest and possibly unaware of the photo being taken...the KY could have been placed there by the photographer.

The nude photos I've seen are all of JA (except the one mentioned above)...she could have taken them herself with the camera timer.

I may have missed the evidence that JA and Travis actually had sex that day, but if it doesn't exist, there is no way I would believe he had sex with her that day.

I think she set the whole thing up...beginning with the recording...she know when she was making it that she would use it against him...I think she was planning Travis' murder when she made the recording. It was her entire defense and she thought she could sell it to 12 jurors and get off scott-free.

Good morning!

I just vant to give you another example of JM's greatness:

Yesterday during JM's closing, my son came home from university for the summer--he's in grad school in Montreal (sorry, gotta boast--I'm a mum). Ve hadn't seen each other since Christmas and vere laughing and hugging. He then glanced at the tv and asked vho the eloquent man is. I explained the facts of the trial and together ve spent the rest of the afternoon sitting on the sofa in near silence vatching JM. Only at the finish did ve really talk to each other, catching up, etc.

This is lovely, Becky -- but why did you write it with a Russian accent? ;)

I thought that too the first time I saw him wear that TIE!!! I thought he had on like a 1970's Prom Shirt on you know that kind they wore under the Tuxes with the ruffles on it! LOL! :rockon:
Every time He wears that tie I think that. I guess it's better than the salmon-peach colored one that makes it appear his shirt is gaping open.

I am glad I am not in Nurmi's shoes today, following Obi-Juan Conviction.

Some men cannot help but think with their little heads, God bless 'em!:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

That reminds me of a pin my sister had that said something like, "God gave man two heads, but only enough blood to use one at a time". :floorlaugh: :blushing:

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 45s

I am in the courtroom now #JodiArias. Still in awe of Willmott's amazing salmon suit. First time she has worn it. She got the memo!

wonder if she got the memo about how an attorney should act professionally. For example whispering with the defendant, rolling your eyes and turning your back to the prosecutor during his closing, is probably not a real good idea, Jennifer. THE JURORS ARE WATCHING YOU AND YOUR CLIENT

I am a little frantic today as I must go to work at 1145 PST. Will have no access to the trial and won't get home till 11pm. Why did I schedule myself for work on the most important days after sitting through all this.... AGGGGGHH

Anyone have the good link, BTW. My history does it show it today as I turned off my laptop which erases it. No the WAT or AZ link. I think it starts with a K.

Is 9 am really the start time
? I gotta shower now, if so...

http://www.kpho.com/category/224303/kphocom-local-live-streaming

I'm most definitely listening to every minute of this closing today. I agree with the poster who pointed out the family has to listen to it. We know it's all lies and I believe her DT knows it too. I really think Nurmi is excited to get her put away and everyone is in cahoots. Wishful thinking I know -___-

I want to hear what the jury hears, IYKWIM.

I'm hoping we'll have them listed in the verdict watch thread in the first post.

Expand
2h
Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial
You will be able to sign up later today for the #JodiArias Verdict Watch. We will blast out via txt and email as soon as the verdict drops!
CollapseReplyRetweetFavorite· 22 RETWEETS 52 FAVORIT

One of my favorite Juan lines from yesterday :

smileytakeaspin.gif
"What's a girl to do ?"
smileytakeaspin.gif

:floorlaugh: "What's a girl to do ?" :floorlaugh:

Thank you for the spinning smiley - I stole her! :)

As it turned out, ALV was an advocate, not an evaluator, which is probably why she didn't turn in a report. JA was her 'client' and the AZ taxpayers paid a bloody fortune for this man-hating 'expert' to denigrate the true 'victim of abuse' and 'edify' her throat-slashing client with her lies. Nothing less than scandalous!

Juan made it clear to the jury that they can disregard any or all testimony if they feel that witness is lying. JA would not have had a defense without ALV and Dr. Samuels, who moulded her battered woman/PTSD testabaloney.

Juan went as far as he could go by repeatedly calling ALV a liar; her testimony should have been thrown out, IMO.

The DT played a game of 'liar's poker' - the jury gets it!

Whatever happened in the sealed hearing on Monday, April 15 following what turned out to be ALV's last day on the stand (Thursday, April 11) was VERY serious. Some people think it had to do with ALV approaching Samantha Alexander, but according to several sources (including KCL) that issue had already been dealt with. If you recall, the Judge gave ALV the option to return on Monday or Tuesday to deal with an important (undisclosed) matter. ALV hemmed and hawed about doctor appointments, which prompted JSS to say she didn't want to hear about her personal issues. The closed hearing with ALV took place before the hearings in open court on the so-called eyeball testimony ("reflection" in Travis's eye in the closeup photo of his face) and yet another defense motion for mistrial. Among other things, Nurmi accused JM of bullying/intimidating ALV with an aggressive line of questioning and upsetting her. JM responded something to the effect that "if ALV was upset, well she should be upset based on what was discussed in today's closed proceeding." JM flat out called ALV a liar and said her entire testimony was contaminated during his closing argument, specifically citing the misrepresentation on her CV about being the keynote speaker at a DV conference and for telling the jury that she had testified in court on behalf of men one or two times. When pressed, she couldn't name the cases and finally conceded she only wrote reports. I think the State uncovered/proved additional untruths/ethical issues, and that's why she never returned to the stand and why JM basically told the jury to disregard her testimony. There may have been an agreement that JSS wouldn't throw out ALV's testimony in its entirety (given DV is key to Jodi's defense), but that the State would have wide latitude in attacking her/her testimony in its closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur