Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And some think it was, "I still beat you. Brat."

Either way, weird beyond weird.

Yes it was weird, she is weird :floorlaugh: I know some others hear what you've said, but there is an inflection in her voice at the end of the statement makes me think it's a question, not a statement. Either way, there can be no doubt she was talking to TA. :scared:

Truer words were never spoken, RP. It's really tiresome.

JSS has literally given them everything they wanted. Everything. Hearsay evidence? Sure. Surrebuttal? Sure. Expanded testimony for Geffner? Sure. Manslaughter? Sure. Second degree? Sure.

Ad nauseum exclusions of vital things pro-State? You bet.

She was in way over her head here. Not sure why such an inexperienced judge was chosen for such a contentious, high profile case...but epic fail from her. If anything other than murder 1 happens here, both Willmott and Nurmi can send her a fruit basket. She doubled as third counsel. :help:

BBM.....I was late to this party, probably started watching in February. Maybe I'm wrong, but it didn't seem high profile to begin with.

But sure spread like wildfire!

They just said on HLN that there is (supposedly) TWO Walmarts in Salinas, Ca. Could this be the trick up the duhfense's sleeve ITO the gas tanks? Please tell me that if true, the second Walmart was built AFTER JA's pass through that area.... Surely JM would have covered this (had an investigation done of the returns history of both Walmarts) if it was a possibility?

I am without doubt...that JM would not have ventured into this territory without knowing the EXACT Wal-Mart she says she returned the gas can to.

JM does his homework. IMO

ETA: LOL wasn't even built yet

I did hear "still hate me" ... (something ? )

Yikes! I did too. Now THAT creeped me out. Like she's sitting there with her head in her lap asking if he still hates her. I'm sure he said that to her the day of the murder! Bizarrrro...

I don't disagree, without his laying a foundation.

The Hugheses were tainted and cut both ways.

Surely I'm not the only one who finds interesting that the two men who could arguably provide the most relevant and timely insights into JA's psychopathy are now dead.

travis and who else are dead?

I put on sunglasses.

:floorlaugh:!!!!!!!!

It is quite noticeable and it's strange she doesn't do something to hide it. Maybe she thinks it looks like a halo. :angel::hills::gasp:

Why did JM bring up the phone sex? Lots of people "fake" during phone sex. I missed his point on that one.

Context: Specific point was that if she lied to TA and/or the jury about the content of one phone call on May 10, 2008, why would they believe the lies about her calls to TA on June 3, 2008; i.e., that TA 'guilted' her into coming to Mesa [with her gramps' .25 cal, no less].

BBM.....I was late to this party, probably started watching in February. Maybe I'm wrong, but it didn't seem high profile to begin with.

But sure spread like wildfire!

I don't think it was. I never even heard the name Jodi Arias until about a week or two before the trial when I was bored on a weekend and surfing channels and landed on Nancy Grace Mysteries and they were talking about Jodi (I knew she was a psychopath immediately...) and she was talking about Jodi and Travis. I knew the trial was going on but didn't want to get involved until I realized Jodi was on the stand about a day or two into her testimony and succumbed and started watching. I think that's what drew people in: her testimony.

I saw that on youtube, and apparently it was, 'Still beat you" or "Still beat me". It was creepy as hell. The 'confess' part freaked me out, too!

I recommend watching that unedited tape, y'all, if you haven't. It's the one where she did yoga, but her muttering is what got me.

I heard "still hate me?" but what's the "confess" part?

I loved how Juan used the words 'liar' and 'manipulate' constantly in the first hour of his closing argument.

Night night folks :offtobed:

Okay...another defense attorney just gave his :twocents:

According to him, it cannot be premeditated because nobody would steal a gun, then drive 1000 miles to kill someone with a knife.

I must be dumber four months into this mess, because I honestly don't understand this. Anyone willing to help decode? TIA.

Truer words were never spoken, RP. It's really tiresome.

JSS has literally given them everything they wanted. Everything. Hearsay evidence? Sure. Surrebuttal? Sure. Expanded testimony for Geffner? Sure. Manslaughter? Sure. Second degree? Sure.

Ad nauseum exclusions of vital things pro-State? You bet.

She was in way over her head here. Not sure why such an inexperienced judge was chosen for such a contentious, high profile case...but epic fail from her. If anything other than murder 1 happens here, both Willmott and Nurmi can send her a fruit basket. She doubled as third counsel. :help:

I disagree. Can you think of any grounds upon which the DT can now appeal a guilty verdict?

BBM

JSS may be a junior judge in the criminal court, but there are senior judges in that same court with whom she can consult at will, should she feel it necessary. IMO she has done that in this case on more than one occasion.

We need to be careful dissing someone with little experience in any given field. That's what the DT did to the State's experts and IMO the State's experts ran circles around those bumbling hired gun fools the DT put on the stand as experts. :floorlaugh:

Context: Specific point was that if she lied to TA and/or the jury about the content of one phone call on May 10, 2008, why would they believe the lies about her calls to TA on June 3, 2008; i.e., that TA 'guilted' her into coming to Mesa [with her gramps' .25 cal, no less].

I have never believed Travis knew she was coming. Why on earth would he invite her over (much less guilt her into it) a week after saying she was evil, a psychopath, and the worst thing to ever happen to him? Never made sense to me.

There are 2 Walmarts in Salinas! Wurmi will of course, insist that Jodi returned the gas can at the 2nd Walmart. That's why he didn't cross the Walmart mgr. He didn't want to give Juan time to investigate this new and fraudulent excuse.

The store # is on the reciept and ja insisted she returned it to that store

I don't think it was. I never even heard the name Jodi Arias until about a week or two before the trial when I was bored on a weekend and surfing channels and landed on Nancy Grace Mysteries and they were talking about Jodi (I knew she was a psychopath immediately...) and she was talking about Jodi and Travis. I knew the trial was going on but didn't want to get involved until I realized Jodi was on the stand about a day or two into her testimony and succumbed and started watching. I think that's what drew people in: her testimony.

Same here MeeBee. I was too wrapped up in the FCA case so I knew nothing about this crime until the trial started.

According to him, it cannot be premeditated because nobody would steal a gun, then drive 1000 miles to kill someone with a knife.

I must be dumber four months into this mess, because I honestly don't understand this. Anyone willing to help decode? TIA.

You know Nurmi???

That's just Dwane Cates. Pay him no mind. He's the one that gave Nurmi the idea to say Jodi returned the can to a different Walmart even though Jodi herself said already she returned it to the same Walmart.

I don't understand the logic also that the chaotic nature of the murder scene also means it wasn't premeditated. Murder is messy business, no? It doesn't mean it wasn't planned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrsmb