Closing arguments- thread #174

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't watched all of this. Saw of a clip of Jodi with a big grin on her face.
What in the world was she smiling about?
her defense said its not about snow white, 7 dwarfs.not about the sexual orientation of witnesses and not about bad haircuts. not about if you like jodi- she smiles like she won a beauty contest!! omg- she must have the family wanting to strangle her - she is so happy - nut job. my husband says she will get off - i hope hes wrong. imagine her smile if she does. she will do headstand!!!

Does anyone know what Nurmi was talking about when he mentioned bad haircuts?

That was in reference to a juror question to Alyce LaViolette. Something about if you can get PTSD and go into a Fog over a bad haircut. I find it very silly that he would bring that up, ALV was HIS witness! :floorlaugh:

He's made reference to a few juror comments, mocking the jury questions IMO.

I bet her DAs will be glad to be done with her once and for all. I KNOW I would be.

Maybe because they were afraid Jenny would lose it completely in the middle of her closing and just run over and try to scratch Juan's eyes out? :)facepalm: I can't believe I just said that, but it's probably true.)

Or maybe Nurmi lost the coin toss. :twocents:

a 15 min break already? Hmmm???people snoozing???hmmm??I dunno but......I am yawning for some reason today..and not going full screen like I did yesterday???Hmmm?Just thinking outloud..

Before that, did you guys see the slow pan of the state's side and there were yawns, and shuffling in seats, and looking around.... Almost everyone on that side of the courtroom!

In all fairness, that's his job, even if he tried over and over to get out of it.

I agree I just hope that JM can now ask that the state of Arizona be limited in their millions spent on the defendant and that this jury look at the evidence and come together to convict her. I hate that this is not even a case about justice for Travis but consideration for JA. JM should be able to talk about getting justice for a young man that had his whole life ahead of him.

I just fail to see how presenting all the ways she 'could have done anything differently' is a defense. We have a mountain of physical evidence of the way she 'DID do it'. This isn't a defense. I'm dumbfounded.

There is nothing to defend her with so they say anything that makes sense...and it makes JA happy and smile.:banghead::banghead:

Consider this. The defense team has made this entire trial about sex and how JOdi was uncomfortable with their sex and felt used, etc. Then you have evidence of Jodi recording their phone sex. The last photos taken of Travis are sexual. Jodi is fully aware of the laws of chastity and Travis' religious complications with his sexual life. Let's say that last text exchange where Travis was so furious was about her threatening him with the phone sex tape. This would again point to Jodi's full knowledge of the laws of chastity and using them to hurt Travis. But her ultimate act was to kill him immediately AFTER they had sex but BEFORE he could repent to his priest, leaving Travis with the dying thought that he was damned. That, in my mind, is what Jodi planned all along and she couldn't leave for Utah until she had sex with Travis and it took her longer than she thought to seduce him and get him in bed. This is not surprising considering how angry Travis was with her.

And to top it off she puts a bullet in his right temple just like the the story he recounted and the fear he felt with that gun pointed at his head and the thought that he was going to die. Now THAT is one cold hearted *****. Really.

Does anyone know what Nurmi was talking about when he mentioned bad haircuts?

Yeah.. there was some comment with a witness that used the analogy of getting a hair cut or bad haircut

BUT WHAT'S SAD.. Nurmi is using that in his closing & I don't even remember who or what it was really about AND I HAVE been FOLLOWING this case pretty darn close too!

I thought opening and closing arguments were not to be considered as evidence? moo

That was in reference to a juror question to Alyce LaViolette. Something about if you can get PTSD and go into a Fog over a bad haircut. I find it very silly that he would bring that up, ALV was HIS witness! :floorlaugh:

He's made reference to a few juror comments, mocking the jury questions IMO.

BAD idea, right?

Are you guys being biased when you all say that this is the worst defense ever or have you guys watched a lot of cases and are able to compare? I haven't followed many cases.

So far Rose, it's bad. Bad even considering he has nothing to work with. He started the day by telling jurors they didn't have to like JA, that in fact 9 days out of 10, he didn't like her either. JM objected and the judge sustained it. It's slow moving, he hasn't put any of his evidence in order. Pretty soon he'll start wheezing from all the pacing and sorting of papers he's doing. But he's promised to shed the light of truth on 'others' involved in the case so JA's mission of destroying everyone in her path could come true. Maybe that's when he'll shine. :banghead:

It's bad :twocents: but I am biased so it may be only half as bad as I stated. I was trying hard to be objective and show concern for KN's health....... contemporaneously. :drumroll:

OMG. She's back to drinking with her left hand again. Seriously?? :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I saw that too. She's making a HUGE show of it as well. Exaggerated arm movements, elbow out, big gulp. This woman is so many types of crazy the psychiatric world should create a whole new diagnosis just for her.

:stormingmad:

Yeah.. there was some comment with a witness that used the analogy of getting a hair cut or bad haircut

BUT WHAT'S SAD.. Nurmi is using that in his closing & I don't even remember who or what it was really about AND I HAVE been FOLLOWING this case pretty darn close too!

It was a juror's question regarding PTSD for Doc S.

Whoever writes this stuff is hilarious.

Geffner Wanders in from the Fog

The long lost love child of Vincent Price and Colonel Sanders took the stand today in the agonizing scuttlebuttsurrebuttal phase of the Jodi Arias trial. The psychology “diplomate” crawled out of a crypt deep within Jodi’s fog to testify ALL DAY to his credentials, his education… and the fact that he never talked to defendant Stabby Einstein, or bothered to read a single police report. Nonetheless, Dracula’s butler says he no-likey young whipper-snapper Janeen DeMarte’s diagnosis of BPD, and (more importantly), he’s totally on Team Jenny for Homecoming Queen.
Yup. Awesome.
:floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members